SRB I'VE DONE IT 4-3-3 vertical tiki taka

Finally I stopped being reliant on other people's tactic, and I've found a new level of enjoyment of FM by making my own tactics with success.

This tactic is working wonders for me. I know there are a few odd losses here and there but in whole this tactic had been working fine.

I let my assman do the OI's, as well as the training so I have no specific training sessions.

Give it a try and give me some feedback on how things are going.20210131114343_1.thumb.jpg.b98b80ff62fe90373062f4f49e9d23c4.jpg

20210131122701_1.thumb.jpg.c36ed3ba500fc19f8038baa25117cdb8.jpg20210131114352_1.thumb.jpg.adde6c53f7f78254e6667517a56745e0.jpg20210131114422_1.thumb.jpg.e2ade59916b6d7d1afd3a161e3f3e617.jpg20210131114357_1.thumb.jpg.14e2f99bc9b19791d5dc7b1dbdaa1250.jpg

SRB I'VE DONE IT vertical tiki taka Attacking 4-3-3 DM Wide.fmf

Edited by breeze1

Have played only 3 games with this so far but I really enjoy it. Seems solid and depending on the opposition, can just suffocate them.  I was running a 4-3-3 with similar positions so my team took to it easy but I do have some questions.

My regista gets fairly average ratings, which is fine, but I just wondered if you've played around with that position at all and tried anything else? And does he need to be pacey?....I feel like at times there are spots wide open for a counter attack but then my regista is usually sweeping things up so it made me wonder if you think a speedy one is absolutely necessary there or not?  And also, the False 9, do you think any other forward role might work there? I've found the false nine very inconsistent this year and also harder to find competent players for it.  Just wondering is all. I like this tactic very much and will probably start a new save with it, thanks!

9 hours ago, horned frog 94 said:

Have played only 3 games with this so far but I really enjoy it. Seems solid and depending on the opposition, can just suffocate them.  I was running a 4-3-3 with similar positions so my team took to it easy but I do have some questions.

My regista gets fairly average ratings, which is fine, but I just wondered if you've played around with that position at all and tried anything else? And does he need to be pacey?....I feel like at times there are spots wide open for a counter attack but then my regista is usually sweeping things up so it made me wonder if you think a speedy one is absolutely necessary there or not?  And also, the False 9, do you think any other forward role might work there? I've found the false nine very inconsistent this year and also harder to find competent players for it.  Just wondering is all. I like this tactic very much and will probably start a new save with it, thanks!

I haven't found the necessity for speed in the regista position. I play Ruben Neves there and his average rating is 7.30 in the league, and 7.28 overall. His pace is 11 so I haven't found his lack of speed limiting. The box to box player's speed is more important, as Camavinga, Partey and Moriba are all pacy and they rotate in the BTB position as Neves's average rating is only 6.83 when played in that position.

About the false nine, I tried having a pressing forward and a deep lying forward and neither worked out for me. Feel free to tweak tho!

Thanks for trying it out!

4 hours ago, breeze1 said:

I haven't found the necessity for speed in the regista position. I play Ruben Neves there and his average rating is 7.30 in the league, and 7.28 overall. His pace is 11 so I haven't found his lack of speed limiting. The box to box player's speed is more important, as Camavinga, Partey and Moriba are all pacy and they rotate in the BTB position as Neves's average rating is only 6.83 when played in that position.

About the false nine, I tried having a pressing forward and a deep lying forward and neither worked out for me. Feel free to tweak tho!

Thanks for trying it out!

Thanks for the response! Ok, good info and I didn't think he needed to be but was just wondering given how active he was. Maybe my regista just hit an average run of form is all.  I'll definitely keep the B2B pace in mind. I used Onyeka and he was fantastic every time out.  And thanks for the forward thoughts, I'll probably just keep your F9.

I smashed Sevilla in the Champions League 5-1 and beat Bayern 2-0 with this....I'm Hertha in the second season and while my team is decent, it's not world beating by any means.  Really enjoy watching the play of this tactic. Good stuff breeze1!

Edited by horned frog 94

Hey @breeze1, one more thing, my apologies.  I just wanted to know something before I started a new save with your tactic.  This is still working very well for my Hertha save and I love the way it plays.  It's nowhere near as frenetic as Knap's tactics can be (no offense to him as I think his are great too, they just seem a bit too intense for my tastes sometimes.)   

I also tried using a CF on support and the results were pretty interesting, as he was very active and should have had 2 goals but he flubbed them both ugh.  That was also against decidedly weaker opposition and only one game so grain of salt and all. 

Edit: I had a question for you posted but then I saw you mentioned/answered it in your very first post so no worries.  Loving this tactic man!

Edited by horned frog 94

This looks very promising. Exactly the type of football I want my team to play. The fact that you didn't use a ton of PI gives us a lot of room to use this tactic as a base and tweak from there (e.g. tell your REG to take more long shots if he's good at it or employing a hard-tackling pressing block with your midfielders). I tried to make something like this work a couple of weeks ago but I failed - now you've created exactly what I had in mind all along. Thanks!

One note: Set pieces can be improved upon quite easily, should make this tactic even better.

I've got some questions about this tactic as I'm trying to implement and tweak these tactics for my West Ham team:

Who is usually your top scorer (goals) in this tactic and where do the most assists come from (which position)?

Any ideas on getting another role for the striker to work in this tactic? I've got a great striker (Odsonne Eduard) who is a clinical scorer but doesn't offer much as a passer.

I assume you put your best playmaker-type at Regista. What type of player are you looking for in the Mezzala role? Would you recommend more of a playmaker-type (Fornals in my case) or more of a physical guy (size/speed) in the Mezzala role?

Is there any downside to playing both DC as BPD if I have two guys who are good on the ball?

21 hours ago, burnum said:

I've got some questions about this tactic as I'm trying to implement and tweak these tactics for my West Ham team:

Who is usually your top scorer (goals) in this tactic and where do the most assists come from (which position)?

Any ideas on getting another role for the striker to work in this tactic? I've got a great striker (Odsonne Eduard) who is a clinical scorer but doesn't offer much as a passer.

I assume you put your best playmaker-type at Regista. What type of player are you looking for in the Mezzala role? Would you recommend more of a playmaker-type (Fornals in my case) or more of a physical guy (size/speed) in the Mezzala role?

Is there any downside to playing both DC as BPD if I have two guys who are good on the ball?

I had no really top goalscorer, it was kind of shared between the front three. Adeyemi scored 16 goals in total, Martinelli scored 18, Musiala scored 22 and Saka scored 20. The assists were likewise mainly shared between the front three, but the WB's had a good amount of assists too.

Moriba was my main mezzala and he excelled in the position, probably mainly due to his physical attributes (pace and strength both 16) but Emile Smith-Rowe was also very good in that position and his physical attributes aren't as good as Moriba's. I think it mostly comes down to physicality tho as all of my midfielders are good physically while possessing good technical attributes on top of that.

If the two DC are good passers it shouldn't be a problem playing them as DC's instead of BPD, tho I haven't tried it myself. 

22 hours ago, burnum said:

As @breeze1said, I've noticed my goals are widely shared, which I enjoy. It does seem that of my wingers, my RW is the one that bags the most and makes the most assists but that could be just down to the player I'm using (Olmo in one save and Buendia in another...Buendia had a hat trick his last game whereas Olmo had two assists and 2 goals his last game)...I'll have goals from both wingers, my mezzala, my forward, and my box to box guy will even get a few games of 2 goals in a game.  Really quality stuff!

I have been trying a CF on support duty lately and I like it. Still needs more testing but he is extremely active in my save.  I used Gnonto in that position and he bagged a hat trick the last game I played.  Needs far more viewing to determine if it's solid or not I guess but this is off the back of another save where I ran out a CF on support and he should have had two goals but flubbed them both ugh...but he was still very active and involved and helped in creating some dangerous offensive play.

I also switched in my last match to two BPDs and did not notice much of a difference. In fact, when I switched, I had already given up a goal and after the switch they saw out the rest of the match no problem without conceding again.  

Thoroughly enjoying this tactic @breeze1, thank you very much!

17 hours ago, horned frog 94 said:

As @breeze1said, I've noticed my goals are widely shared, which I enjoy. It does seem that of my wingers, my RW is the one that bags the most and makes the most assists but that could be just down to the player I'm using (Olmo in one save and Buendia in another...Buendia had a hat trick his last game whereas Olmo had two assists and 2 goals his last game)...I'll have goals from both wingers, my mezzala, my forward, and my box to box guy will even get a few games of 2 goals in a game.  Really quality stuff!

I have been trying a CF on support duty lately and I like it. Still needs more testing but he is extremely active in my save.  I used Gnonto in that position and he bagged a hat trick the last game I played.  Needs far more viewing to determine if it's solid or not I guess but this is off the back of another save where I ran out a CF on support and he should have had two goals but flubbed them both ugh...but he was still very active and involved and helped in creating some dangerous offensive play.

I also switched in my last match to two BPDs and did not notice much of a difference. In fact, when I switched, I had already given up a goal and after the switch they saw out the rest of the match no problem without conceding again.  

Thoroughly enjoying this tactic @breeze1, thank you very much!

Really glad to see this tactic working out for you! I'm happy I've got some feedback on this forum after the snub over at FM-Base.