Unable to join U23/U18 league

On my Kidderminster save, I have an U23 and an U18 team but neither of them are entered into a league. On previous FM games, there was an option at the end of the season to request to join a league, but this seems to be missing on FM21. I am in my third season, and I have never been given the opportunity to enter my reserve and youth teams into U23/U18 leagues. As a result, I'm only able to play friendly matches for these teams, which is hampering my youth development.

Surely this is a bug?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

I've uploaded a save, the file name is "Ben McCluskey - Kidderminster".

My U18 academy was upgraded to Category 4 in the summer, which means I've joined the U18 Division 3 South West. However I haven't been given the opportunity to join an U23 league.

There seems to be something in the back end of the game that means my U23 players are part of a league, though. I can see in their stats they are making league appearances, and according to their player stats they've played several fixtures against Bowers & Pitsea (I'm about to raise a separate issue for this as I can't find the fixtures anywhere!)