Good evening,

I am posting to raise the awareness of three issues with the adboard’s within Football Manager;

1. Within the match engine, video adboard’s seem to have been capped to a maximum of 15 seconds, this results in video ads either being sped up to fit into 15 seconds or they run at normal speed and are then cut off after 15 seconds. Having made 100's of video adboard’s for the game this is very frustrating as they no longer display as intended in spite of working with all previous versions of Football Manager, is it possible to remove this limit?

2. Games at Neutral venues (cup semi finals & finals) are treated within the match engine as a home/away match, therefore, if the 'home team' has adboard’s assigned to them, they display instead of the competition adboard’s, this never use to happen in older versions of Football Manager.

3. Within the fm.xml file we have the function to turn on video ads for any club with the following code:

<!-- All Hibernian home matches have to use LED -->
<record id="1575" led_force_flag="true" concatenate_next="true"/>

However, for clubs who have video ads if we swap out the “true” for “false” within the code the video adboard’s still display.  While we have the ability to force clubs to use video adboard’s we lack the ability to force them to not use video adboard’s.

10 hours ago, rabcp said:

Good evening,

I am posting to raise the awareness of three issues with the adboard’s within Football Manager;

1. Within the match engine, video adboard’s seem to have been capped to a maximum of 15 seconds, this results in video ads either being sped up to fit into 15 seconds or they run at normal speed and are then cut off after 15 seconds. Having made 100's of video adboard’s for the game this is very frustrating as they no longer display as intended in spite of working with all previous versions of Football Manager, is it possible to remove this limit?

2. Games at Neutral venues (cup semi finals & finals) are treated within the match engine as a home/away match, therefore, if the 'home team' has adboard’s assigned to them, they display instead of the competition adboard’s, this never use to happen in older versions of Football Manager.

3. Within the fm.xml file we have the function to turn on video ads for any club with the following code:

<!-- All Hibernian home matches have to use LED -->
<record id="1575" led_force_flag="true" concatenate_next="true"/>

However, for clubs who have video ads if we swap out the “true” for “false” within the code the video adboard’s still display.  While we have the ability to force clubs to use video adboard’s we lack the ability to force them to not use video adboard’s.

since fm21 as come out  video ads display to quickly either being speed up to fit into 15 seconds

Absolutely no response from Si ! If it wasn't for the FM Community producing third party add-ons, the sales of Football Manager would not be at the level they currently maintain. It's total disrespect !

A friendly reminder/plea: SI needs FM communities and fans as much as we need you

I feel the previous commentors are absolutely right. I myself could not imagine buying the game every single year if there wasn't the amazing communities and their top notch work available. Each FM game with custom databases, transfers, real fixtures, graphical enhancements etc. is a totally different thing from the default bare bones version. The atmosphere, immersion, feel to it is completely different. Each time I start up a new Football Manager during the beta stage and launch the game before adding any community content to it, it honestly feels empty and foreign to me. Like a game I wouldn't be interested in buying each year or playing at all. I'm not trying to be hyperbolic here, I'm just being honest. And I've been playing FM games since Championship Manager 99-00, and have bought almost every single year's iteration since then, right up to, and including, FM 2021.

While I do appreciate the work put in by Sports Interactive, I must stress the importance of community content for most players of FM. I've been a community member for almost a decade now, and there are a great number of people that I interact with or observe in the various forums that feel the same. Even most of those who aren't hardcore about their fix of football management, seem to gravitate towards the graphical additions and other such community content and inquire about it the forums. I also feel their numbers keep growing each year.

I do understand that without the work and coding SI does there would be no Football Manager. But also - whether measured by financial success or FM player's reviews, ratings and appreciation - without the most enthusiastic and loyal FM players and FM communities, Football manager would not and could not be the game it now is. And the sales figures would not be as high as they are.

I'm sure SI are actually appreciative of the modifications and realism-adding improvements made by the communities. If the creators of FM are passionate about football as a sport and FM as a highly realistic and accurate Football simulation - the best one around - there's no reason why they would not be. Sometimes I just wish the creators of the game would signal that more. Plenty of publishers and developers are passionately curious about the creations and ideas of their game's fans and communities and meet them halfway. Plenty of them give those modding communities a nod, clear aknowledgement, feedback, listen to and share their reactions. I'm not looking for high fives, pats on the shoulder or the usual corporate PR greetings through FM streamers and "influencers". I'm simply hoping the meaningful, crucial even, work of communites and modders  could be aknowledged and the two-way communication between SI's representatives on this official forum and FM communities could be more active, open and amicable. We need you, just like you need us. We share a common goal (no pun intended). And all of us FM fans, who truly love the game, hold no ill will towards you, and despite their passion, should present their views in a constructive and non-offensive manner. I feel critisism and honest feedback from communities  - or modding your game in general - should not be considered an attack against your hard work or your differing opinions about what FM should be like.

To make it short, I'm hoping for more commuinication between SI and FM's modding communities, so we can all help FM keep evolving better each year.

Sincerely

Tommy Hughes,

current manager of Sheffield Wednesday FC in 20-21 English Football League Championship   ;)

• 1 month later...

Previous commenters are right as I actually wait to purchase FMX until skins and other ad-ons are sorted out.  If they never get sorted out, I'll never buy again.  The generic version is just not any good without the mods.