[FM21] FM Expansion Packs Megapack - Realism, Dynamics, Hard Mode & More - Build Your Own FM! - UPDATED for 21.4 Patch + updated media file

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other Recommended Mods & Resources:

Nik33's FM21 Data Packs

Sortitousi's site with name fixes, loads of player faces, kits, graphics, updated transfer database, and more!

If you play a game with MANY custom leagues loaded, check out daveincid's Megapack, as it is set up for games with alot of small nations loaded and changes are made to improve the game for these types of saves.

Edited by majesticeternity

9 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Nice! 

Are any of these files compatible with daveincid’s megapack? Particularly your newgen file and his youth rating files? I don’t want to ruin anything.

Most of them are compatible. But, newgen and youth rating overlap. Also, the finances/sponsorship files and market values.

I've got a problem with the Media Overhaul file, telling me its incompatible and it needs to be loaded in the editor and re-saved. I don't know if its just me or if its a problem with the actual file.

EDIT: I've loaded it into the editor and re-saved it and it seems to be working ok.

Edited by Watson156

3 hours ago, lizard2771 said:

The Empty Starting Balance File does not work.I can see the changes in the editor but not in the game 

I only play with the extensions from Timo

Yes, it does work. 

from the screenshot you showed in a PM, Barcelona starts with 20m euros. That means it’s working, because in the default database, Barcelona would normally start with 50m euros and more. 

What you are seeing is that even if the club starts at 0, they still have their clubs’ financial setup, so things will add money, like sponsorships, wage contributions from other clubs, fees from loaned out players, board investments, preseason friendlies, monthly payments from previously sold players, and more. 

This is why the Finance Fixes and Added Taxes file was created, because empty balances work to slow down the wealth for only a season or two. If you want to prevent clubs from amassing more wealth than they realistically should for every season, then that file is needed. It helps to balance things out.

4 minutes ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

Am I missing something or can I get graphics for the youth tournaments somewhere? Thanks for everything as always.

You’re not missing anything, lol. Ive been too busy. 

If you want them, you can go to the fm20 ones, download them and then change the ids to the ones in FM21

Finished my first season with all these files, so here is my feedback. ;)

In my opinion, its amazing!!

We were freshly promoted from English league one to Championship, so media put us at 250-1 for relegation.

Used my own tactics, so as far as I know, not overpowered?

572957283_season10endlineup.thumb.JPG.5e9b4cbc33e6346bb47452f939ebdcf4.JPG

1944247248_season10end.thumb.JPG.9f2f4765b75428706c7b24554d894c21.JPG

1907440624_season10keeperaward.JPG.69446ce1703f874bac6dd4ba23399cd1.JPG231556738_season10topscorer.JPG.a2dc41e1ac94b3c634915a4c872ea7b8.JPG

Smarter AI:

We were still able to finish 7th, nowhere near relegation, so still to easy, I say. BUT, I played every match and did anything I could to help win, like scout opposition, mark players, rotate, etc. I used NO match prep training though.

As you see, we fell just short of playoffs in last 2 games.

It was fantastic to play against the AI, and watch how they'd change formations, move players around, etc.  Honestly, I'd still like it to be more difficult, as there were very few late goals...if I'd figured them out tactically, I mostly could come away with a win.

But, notice the 104 points needed to beat the champions, it was a tough season and way more competitive overall.

Having the top goal scorer AND Best Keeper in the entire league was still only good enough for 7th place!

Having a few legends in the teams here and there was a joy, to watch them play and figure out how to keep them quiet. I dread the EPL, if this is that hard....

Injuries(using full option, not reduced):

The longest injury was 7 weeks, and a FULL total first team of 25 players complete time out was 92 weeks, and about 12 of those of those were played with equipment. I have no idea how normal that is, but I also didnt try to reduce injuries other than resting after a match. To me its really good, as injuries are a thing to manage, and injury proneness is now vital. I found that a player who's not prone is rarely ever injured, but one who is often is injured and has to be really babied.

You also can't just  throw them into pre-season quickness training. On default FM, I used to just train for development and skip friendlies, so started the season with very low match sharpness, with little consequence. Not anymore, you really have to play friendlies and get sharpness and fitness up, THEN you can start training hard. During season, you can't run them into the ground. Resting, rotating, reducing jadedness and having fit recovered players are key to low injuries.

As far as AI, I wonder if their medical center + injury prone players, are really important, as some teams have 1 player out and low injury rate, and other teams have 5 out at a time....

Youth Tournaments: 

I have almost all files loaded, only u18s running right now at this club, and I do wish the scheduling was able to be fixed, so it's not 2 days apart and then 5 days off. But, as long as I rest them the day after, they are fine and ready to go in those 2 days anyways. 

I really love this, it does feel like I am managing the team now, and have a much more realistic youth setup. 

For my club,  I have a full 20 player u18 team, hired a head coach. I manage their training schedule and individual training, he manages everything else. So i am mostly hands off, but still involved some, and as if we are working together. For their bigger games, I will attend the match and watch them play. I play with no attributes seen, only analysis, so attending the matches a few times a season helps give me a good idea of their style. I read the youth match reports every time, to see if they get good ratings regularly or not. Then, when they hit 18, with no u23s, they are either loaned, sold, or put into the first team. It's been really nice to see a youth doing well in u18s, then make the leap to League One loan and score 2 goals and an assist on their debut.

Transfer Prefs:

There are a few anomalies, which is great, like real life. But mostly all logical realistic transfers. It makes it SO much nicer!

Here in Championship, there are a few transfers from France, Portugal, etc, but the vast majority are within England.

Finances Fixes & transfer market values:

As I'm very poor, the taxes haven't hurt me much at all, even with starting at empty bank balance, and buying players, no selling, maxing out the wage budget and emptying the transfer budget, I still started the new season with almost $4m. I have the 22nd lowest payroll in the league, so I’m sure there will be financial growing pains in the future.

As far as the rest of the league and world, transfer fees seem very good. In the Championship, there are ALOT of frees, which is great. Then the bigger transfers usually have addons, so the clubs are being smart with their transfers.

29 minutes ago, balldoktor81 said:

i found one visual "bug" in the finances overview...in the "summery" section (tab) the bank balance display seems to be reversed...(upside down)...it's not a big one...but it looks akward! and sometimes confusing. is it possible to correct it?

Could you private message me a screenshot?

I'm not sure what you are meaning, or how that would be related to the mods.... a screenshot would help.. and/or a link to the save itself.

image.png.c782ce8837f7564f7d6c580b780e0580.png

with your file (finances)

image.png.3b96a63ea37e10bb49bd0a4dc659f884.png

as expected the bank balance is different, that's ok...but you can see that (15 Mio) is at the Top and (20 Mio) at the Bottom...or is it because the brackets stand for Minus and therefore it is upside down...because of the changes you made in your file? wil it change over time? so it will look like in the default version?

Edited by balldoktor81

I think it's because of debts. Note that the losses in RED are in brackets, as are the numbers that indicate that they are upside down. They are right because the debt grows downwards visually. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb balldoktor81:

might be Darien...it sounds logical. But i looked it up for several teams and all look like this...so every team is in debt? and will improve over time... i hope majesticeternity can explain it. thanks in advance.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Darien:

I think it's because of debts. Note that the losses in RED are in brackets, as are the numbers that indicate that they are upside down. They are right because the debt grows downwards visually. 

+1

1 hour ago, Darien said:

1 hour ago, balldoktor81 said:

might be Darien...it sounds logical. But i looked it up for several teams and all look like this...so every team is in debt? and will improve over time... i hope majesticeternity can explain it. thanks in advance. 

Yes, Darien is probably right.

But at the start especially, with nothing in the bank, they will have expenses, debts, etc. You are seeing their first initial financial setup, and it should work itself out.

For example, my team is "new" with no debts and positive bank balance:

image.png.98f25a633ad5fcaa9795352e91013c18.png

Here is Real Madrid in Sep 2021 that has $135m remaining on their debt:

image.png.29c47ecd5228446593dcffab8373a429.png

Let me know if you have any other questions.

4 hours ago, Johnm1969 said:

Ok complete noob here. I have downloaded the files and placed them as required. I cannot seem to load them in game. When I click on database I only have the stock database to choose from?

Upload a screenshot?

you would have the stock database, but right below it should be a list of the added files and check marks on the left for each. 

you have them in the right folder?

the mix of both files made the game so much more fun!!! now you really have to work for your success...i started my first save with almost the highest badges possible (as always i will start another save with much lower badges ;) ) ...took the OL Job in France...now you might think, well there is PSG, so no chance to be 1st...and we had no chance! PSG ran away with 30 point difference!!! :) i struggled so much...almost wanted to quit...but i did not! 3 games before the season ended it looked like we won't make it to the CL spot...i took over around middle of the season...at the begining it was more than ok...then we lost in semi final of the french cup against PSG 1:0 at home...it got rough afterwards...up and down...losing at home against middle table teams with one goal difference...never really got the attack going...i think we were almost dead last in attacking efficiency LOL...and the club demanded offensive football, well...BUT in the last 3 games we got 7 out of 9 points!!! i made some changes...back to starting with a counter tactic. first got a draw at PSG 1:1...then very important win at home against AS Monaco 2:0...so last game ahead of us...a must win at Dijon (16th) is needed to even get a sniff at the CL qualifying...we won 4:0! yeah...and everything else went our way...

and now get that...we came in 2nd place, automatic qualification for the CL!!! BUT!!! 2-5 th place...every team had 65 points...incredible!!! WTF! what a season...i was jumping around like a little kid before christmas...did not quit...now the real challenge sets in...no more bursting bank accounts...i will probably have to sell my Defender...Denayer...my promising star Aour and my striker Dembele...so i can invest again.. i let my DOF make suggestions for transfers...well he did a good job bringing in Garcia from Man City and Lingard from Man U for free... we have to develop players and scout like a true magician to stay competitive. and CL money is the only option to even be around CL spots...

great work majesticeternity and Daveincid!!!

2 hours ago, balldoktor81 said:

the mix of both files made the game so much more fun!!! now you really have to work for your success...

great to hear! That’s exactly the type of game these files are intended to create.

and yeah I am finding this FM amazingly fun! It’s a whole new living world. Glad you are too!

On 30/01/2021 at 22:48, majesticeternity said:

An Enhanced NewGen Experience:

On 30/01/2021 at 22:48, majesticeternity said:

An Enhanced NewGen Experience:

Anyone used these? Look almost the same for me :P 

On 03/02/2021 at 02:04, majesticeternity said:

Transfer Prefs:

There are a few anomalies, which is great, like real life. But mostly all logical realistic transfers. It makes it SO much nicer!

Here in Championship, there are a few transfers from France, Portugal, etc, but the vast majority are within England

Any screenshots for world transfers?

A guide for using both file-packs would be really nice!

Maybe also a comment about using additionally the sortitoutsi-files. I lost the overview :lol:

Edited by Conardo

9 hours ago, Conardo said:

A guide for using both file-packs would be really nice!

Maybe also a comment about using additionally the sortitoutsi-files. I lost the overview :lol:

OP posted that in the downloads own topics. 

You can delete mediafiles.fmf and bookmakers.fmf for sure if you use OP files