FM Editor Generator

krlenjushka

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have working program now. I created everything needed for the clubs. Tested several times without issues.

Still have lot of work - not only with program itself. I need to create some tutorial and instructions for this.

• krlenjushka changed the title to GUI script for adding data to editor

Really awesome idea!

Two questions:

1. In the clubs section I didn't see any history option. May it be possibile to add history through this tool?

2. Is it something exclusive for FM21 at the moment? Are you planning to make it retrocompatible with older FM versions?

Thank you for the effort you're putting.

8 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Really awesome idea!

Two questions:

1. In the clubs section I didn't see any history option. May it be possibile to add history through this tool?

2. Is it something exclusive for FM21 at the moment? Are you planning to make it retrocompatible with older FM versions?

Thank you for the effort you're putting.

Probably not because i need to change input files. For some record types its not problem because there isnt many options but for players - its huge job. So many options.

I must check how history is added to xml.

I have some small issues now - thats why i must move release for 1 day i hope.

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

I must check how history is added to xml.

i just checked - history is complicated to add like this just like kits because old values are written to xml code after every change. I dont know why this is coded like this - probably some limitations related to xml itself.

For one year of history you have 11 settings - 12 if we count order settings but i guess its not used often.

So just to explain - in order to set this you will have to create input and output file 11 times. Just for 1 year.

First time you will set only year. Scond time you will set year and division. Third time you will set year, division and position. All this is needed in order to generate proper xml record with old values just like when editor creates that.

I mean its possible but its not easy like some other things in ditor. If you have 1000 clubs to add  history its better to spend 1 day for 1 year of history - much much faster than manual editing.

. I mean this can be done with this but preparation for input files will be complicated.

21 minutes ago, Ivs said:

No, I don't know any default cup history data set for clubs in the vanilla db.

Dont worry i will set this for league history. You will have to run this multiple times but still its much much faster than regular way.

For how many clubs you want to add history? How many seasons?

• krlenjushka changed the title to FM21 Editor Generator
11 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Are you wondering if I'll going to import the history data in no particular season order? If so, well I'm not afraid to import data randomly because there will be no problem in game, is that correct?

Not sure about that. I never tried to add league history i think. Maybe for few clubs only.

I tried to add years like this - 2015,2012,2014 and editor sorted them after that.

4 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Yes, it usually does it with no problem. I tried to insert history manually in no particular order in the past and the editor automatically sorted it. It's the same in-game.

You have all data in excel?

3 hours ago, alian62 said:

Is this released yet as i cant see the link

Not yet. I wanted to do this last night but i need to change something so probably today when i get back home from work.

Still have to add stadium generaor but this shoudnt take much time.

After that i need to add players - this will be more difficult because there is so many options there...

This is awesome. One of the best tools I have ever seen posted on the forums, ever. 

I do have a question. How feasible would it be to extend to deal with a little random generation from some given inputs? In particular I'm interested in filling teams without players for my Africa file, since the game does a poor job at this generally. I have had thoughts on creating something like this before, but I have never gotten around to it. 

My idea would be to supply a pool of names to choose from, a range for the CA and PA, a nationality, and a club to which they are contracted to. Then you hit "go" and X number of players (you specify how many) are generated with random names, ages, CA and PA. I'd worry about positions later, or I would just let FM handle the distribution of the positions. 

I ask because as I said this has been on my radar for a while, and I have made the first steps to programming this. However if it is reinventing the wheel to something your program can already do or would be easy to get it to do, better to ask.

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

This is awesome. One of the best tools I have ever seen posted on the forums, ever.

Thanks  i really appreciate this.

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I do have a question. How feasible would it be to extend to deal with a little random generation from some given inputs? In particular I'm interested in filling teams without players for my Africa file, since the game does a poor job at this generally. I have had thoughts on creating something like this before, but I have never gotten around to it. 

My idea would be to supply a pool of names to choose from, a range for the CA and PA, a nationality, and a club to which they are contracted to. Then you hit "go" and X number of players (you specify how many) are generated with random names, ages, CA and PA. I'd worry about positions later, or I would just let FM handle the distribution of the positions. 

I ask because as I said this has been on my radar for a while, and I have made the first steps to programming this. However if it is reinventing the wheel to something your program can already do or would be easy to get it to do, better to ask.

I also tried to add players only with names-i generated player names and surnames using names and surnames from serbian default database and ratio.

After that i added CA,PA and nation and game handled everything else. Player position were perfect, years , height and weight also.

I have plans to fill my lower league teams with fictional players so answer is yes - i can create something like this for our needs :thup:

2 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I have plans to fill my lower league teams with fictional players so answer is yes - i can create something like this for our needs :thup:

That is fantastic! I will look forward to updates on that, I think this will be a real game changer for making league systems where the database is incomplete.

Just now, sporadicsmiles said:

That is fantastic! I will look forward to updates on that, I think this will be a real game changer for making league systems where the database is incomplete.

Lets hope so. I know for some people creating of input file is complicated but i simply dont know how to make this easier.

I guess they shoudnt try to create big league systems if they cant sort their data in excel :D

I guess they shoudnt try to create big league systems if they cant sort their data in excel :D

Had a good laugh about it, but , yeah, you are right. Big plans need good organisation. :)

Had some issues with generating scripts.

Application is updated to version 1.1 - whoever had same issues - please download new version.

I added new option to generate XML from output file (click this button after you generate output file)  so you can load XML in editor without any editing.

I will try to add function where you can add new generated data directly to your XML file created earlier with editor.

Still dont know how to set this but i will do my best!

Thanks!

Screenshot_341.png.33ef2527206a2e944763ad9942cc390e.png

Just now, Wolf_pd said:

What is the limit with this tool? Not that I want to test it out, but curious for things like people creating.

On current version limit for record types (For record types i mean name, short name and so on) is 15 - every database change use 2 variables and i have limit of 31 variable. One variable is used to add empty club/city/stadium or whatever. 

This is related to some issue about number of variables i can use. For next version i will expand this number to 71. This is good because when you want to add kits you need to use almost 70 variables (read excel columns for your input file) in order to add only shirts.

If you ask about clubs/cities/stadiums limit that you can add - there isnt any. I added 30000 players without any issue - for about 3 seconds.

On 04/02/2021 at 14:23, krlenjushka said:

Thanks  i really appreciate this.

I also tried to add players only with names-i generated player names and surnames using names and surnames from serbian default database and ratio.

After that i added CA,PA and nation and game handled everything else. Player position were perfect, years , height and weight also.

Any tips for running the program on Mac? I'm creating a fictional db with Gibraltar as a base and it's been a huge pain in creating the players (I'm only getting about 30/hr in the editor...)

5 hours ago, jmckay_31 said:

Any tips for running the program on Mac? I'm creating a fictional db with Gibraltar as a base and it's been a huge pain in creating the players (I'm only getting about 30/hr in the editor...)

TBH i dont have any knowlege about Mac.

Dont worry about that - just make sure you have all data in excel - someone will help you generate your players.

3 minutes ago, jmckay_31 said:

Thanks! Don't know how to edit via excel, but I'm sure theres a guide on here somewhere

I wrote quick guide how this works - if you know basics related to excel - no problem. What exactly you want to add related to players? Full names, CA, PA?

11 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I wrote quick guide how this works - if you know basics related to excel - no problem. What exactly you want to add related to players? Full names, CA, PA?

Nationality and homegrown status too, but I can do homegrown via mass edit in the editor once the players are generated. If the game/file can generate age, positions, contracts, and personalities I'd be really happy. I've got three Premier division teams left to add players to and if I can figure out how to add players more quickly, I might add them to the division below too. I'm happy with the quality that the game generates for players in the third tier, so I'll just let that happen regardless. Then, it's just going to be double checking to make sure I've balanced the teams correctly and that homegrown status works for European competitions.

Edited by jmckay_31

40 minutes ago, jmckay_31 said:

Nationality and homegrown status too, but I can do homegrown via mass edit in the editor once the players are generated. If the game/file can generate age, positions, contracts, and personalities I'd be really happy. I've got three Premier division teams left to add players to and if I can figure out how to add players more quickly, I might add them to the division below too. I'm happy with the quality that the game generates for players in the third tier, so I'll just let that happen regardless. Then, it's just going to be double checking to make sure I've balanced the teams correctly and that homegrown status works for European competitions.

When i tested this - only full name, nation, CA and PA are important for players. Game will set everything else very good. Of course nation can be set in editor with mass edit option.

When i tested this - only full name, nation, CA and PA are important for players. Game will set everything else very good. Of course nation can be set in editor with mass edit option.

Cool. I haven't found your excel guide and at this point I'm way out of my league. When I export the file and open it in excel, it looks like this. That's just nonsense to me

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.11.03 AM.png

20 minutes ago, jmckay_31 said:

Cool. I haven't found your excel guide and at this point I'm way out of my league. When I export the file and open it in excel, it looks like this. That's just nonsense to me

Not sure what you mean by this. Just create some list in excel with player names, CA and PA. Nationality is easy to mass edit - just like homegrown status.

31 minutes ago, jmckay_31 said:

Krlenjushka’s guide is in his opening post. As he says above it’s easy to do.

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Not sure what you mean by this. Just create some list in excel with player names, CA and PA. Nationality is easy to mass edit - just like homegrown status.

Not sure if I'm doing it right, but here's the xml, txt, and xlsx files (my computer doesn't like xml apparently)

St. Brendan's players input.txt St. Brendan's players.xlsx St. Brendan's players.xml

Edited by jmckay_31

32 minutes ago, jmckay_31 said:

Not sure if I'm doing it right, but here's the xml, txt, and xlsx files (my computer doesn't like xml apparently)

St. Brendan's players input.txt 2.72 kB · 2 downloads St. Brendan's players.xlsx 11.29 kB · 1 download St. Brendan's players.xml 22.34 kB · 1 download

Xlsx is good enough. Im just not sure is first /second name better option for game than full name. Adding players is not my thing.

When you finish your list just contact me. I guess i should add those basic settings for players until you finish your list.

Those 84 are all I need. That will fill out the first teams of every premier league team. I just added the fmf file too, in case that makes it easier. Thanks for your help!

St. Brendan's Island V1.4.fmf

Edited by jmckay_31

9 minutes ago, jmckay_31 said:

Those 84 are all I need. That will fill out the first teams of every premier league team. Do you want the fmf file too?  

I thought you have much more. You can easy create players manualy. Who knows when im gonna release new version.

10 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I thought you have much more. You can easy create players manualy. Who knows when im gonna release new version.

Alright. I'll keep checking back here to see when the update comes if I decide to add second division players.

On 09/02/2021 at 19:00, krlenjushka said:

On current version limit for record types (For record types i mean name, short name and so on) is 15 - every database change use 2 variables and i have limit of 31 variable. One variable is used to add empty club/city/stadium or whatever. 

This is related to some issue about number of variables i can use. For next version i will expand this number to 71. This is good because when you want to add kits you need to use almost 70 variables (read excel columns for your input file) in order to add only shirts.

If you ask about clubs/cities/stadiums limit that you can add - there isnt any. I added 30000 players without any issue - for about 3 seconds.

I was talking about the latter yes. Impressive.