• 1 month later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, grade said:

Hi @krlenjushka

In the new update of your program, working with Kits? You said back in December you needed to solve a few issues in the kits section.

Also, can you show an example of how we set up the kits section in Excel?

Yeah sorry i dont have time for that because im working on my lower league database. Anyway its not problem to make script for your needs. 

This is how i did it. Shirt with kit style (type column) , background, foreground, outline and number color. For shorts and socks i use only background because i use only 1 type.

Screenshot_30.png.948446f4912f1302015c90ec02440b02.png 

• krlenjushka changed the title to FM Editor Generator
59 minutes ago, RobertBoomer79 said:

@krlenjushka Thanks for your great work.

Is it possible to get all source code for your project? Or put project in github? 

I want add some changes to competition. Eg. Nation, Colours, Winter Ball Colour, Reputation.

Sorry for my English :)

Sorry i dont share my work like that. I dont think nation is needed option for competition because its easy to do this in editor. Thats why i decided not to add it. 

• 4 weeks later...

@krlenjushka Please can you advise, I have downloaded the FM 23 version of the generator. When I paste my excel table into the input.txt file the columns dont align. I have made sure they are delimited tab but that dosent work for me. The screenshot is what I get below. Ive also attached my spreadsheet I used to make the cities. This is a great tool! Thank you for sharing and getting back to people. It makes editing more accessible and fun.

image.png.51adba26f4bdecb722b82803dec96c61.png

City Upload 01-05-2023.xlsx

3 hours ago, Emmersonforest4 said:

@krlenjushka Please can you advise, I have downloaded the FM 23 version of the generator. When I paste my excel table into the input.txt file the columns dont align. I have made sure they are delimited tab but that dosent work for me. The screenshot is what I get below. Ive also attached my spreadsheet I used to make the cities. This is a great tool! Thank you for sharing and getting back to people. It makes editing more accessible and fun.

City Upload 01-05-2023.xlsx 10.35 kB · 0 downloads

You have 2 errors in your sheet - you should use 2000247170 as first UID for cities. I guess they changed that again.

Also longitude and lattitude should be with dot instead of comma. I tried and works 100%.

Screenshot_32.thumb.png.b652dabe892d5861a41247c321c8a1b8.png

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

You have 2 errors in your sheet - you should use 2000247170 as first UID for cities. I guess they changed that again.

Also longitude and lattitude should be with dot instead of comma. I tried and works 100%.

Screenshot_32.thumb.png.b652dabe892d5861a41247c321c8a1b8.png

Thank you! I started at that UID for the cities cause I want to add these to a database I have downloaded and that database starts at those numbers I had put on originally. Will that not work than? Also was it commas that was causing the issue with the longtitude and lattitide? Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. 

15 hours ago, Emmersonforest4 said:

Will that not work than?

Yes.

15 hours ago, Emmersonforest4 said:

Also was it commas that was causing the issue with the longtitude and lattitide?

Yeah you must use dot instead.

On 27/04/2023 at 21:41, krlenjushka said:

Yeah - you cant use there symbols:  &   and  ""

Check this file:

FM23 Editor Generator - record types form for input file.txt 5.3 kB · 1 download

What about other 'special' characters like "é, ç, ë, ô, ï, î, è, ö, ü, Ö, ã, ä, ó, í, ê, Ü, É, â, á, Ç, ú, Á, ñ, ò, ø, à, Ó"? They seem to be causing errors for me. Do I have to replace them and if so, by what?

I figured it out, you have to search and replace the characters in the finale XML-file (which you'll have to import into the editor) by their numeric character reference in XML, for my examples that is:

Search Replace by
á á
Á Á
à à
â â
ä ä
ã ã
ç ç
Ç Ç
é é
É É
è è
ê ê
ë ë
í í
î î
ï ï
ñ ñ
ó ó
Ó Ó
ò ò
ô ô
ö ö
Ö Ö
ø ø
ú ú
ü ü
Ü Ü
Edited by MichielVM

1 hour ago, MichielVM said:

I figured it out, you have to search and replace the characters in the finale XML-file (which you'll have to import into the editor) by their numeric character reference in XML, for my examples that is:

Search Replace by
á á
Á Á
à à
â â
ä ä
ã ã
ç ç
Ç Ç
é é
É É
è è
ê ê
ë ë
í í
î î
ï ï
ñ ñ
ó ó
Ó Ó
ò ò
ô ô
ö ö
Ö Ö
ø ø
ú ú
ü ü
Ü Ü

TBH i dont know because i dont have these letters in serbian language.

I will add this to tutorial xml file.

Hey man, was trying to get in contact with you but I don't know the best method.

You helped me previously with FM Editor data for cities that you extracted.

Could you please send me the data for Irish and Northern Irish cities if possible?

If not too much to ask I would really be interested in getting the data for clubs and stadiums in Ireland and Northern Ireland as well.

I'm trying to add new stadiums and clubs to the database with your script but I don't want to add anything already in the game.

Edited by Renskay

On 06/05/2023 at 10:38, Emmersonforest4 said:

Does anyone know if you can merge the upload with fmf files?

I haven't tried it, but can you import the fmf into the editor, search the db for the last UID number for City/Competition/Club etc and then use then number after that as the first UID in your import so it's sequential and following on from the data in the fmf? 

EDIT: I have just added the fmf and the last club UID is 2000248939 Eaton Socon in the city Eaton Socon which I am 100% sure isn't in the original, so the next test is to add a club at number 2000248940... just a moment!

FURTHER EDIT: Short answer... you can if you create your xml first, using the first free UID number in the base Db and import your xml first. Then use the Merge Files command and load the FMF afterwards. It moves all the numbers of the clubs or whatever it is you're importing in the FMF down by however many of those things you've already added [in my import of one team Eaton Socon became 2000248940, the new XML team was added at 2000247395 which is a club number not long after the end of the 23.4.0 Db].

You'd have to test whether that causes any problems for linking the FMF data with other FMF data from having different numbers. I think it's all relational within the XML so it should still work (ie all the new numbers in the FMF find all the other new numbers), but haven't checked that because I don't know what that data is supposed to look like to begin with. But in theory so far it seems to work.

You can't load the FMF first then Merge the XML into it because the FM Editor doesn't allow you to merge xml format and you also can't import anything on top of the FMF, so you have to do it the other way around.

It's been years since I messed about with these bits so apologies if this is a bit obvious to some of you!

Edited by griffin99
Updated info (again)

On 06/05/2023 at 20:08, PostMovieCam said:

Dumb Question has anyone been able to get a new clubs xml to work with both foreground and background color on? I Have the RGB numbers in their own columns, are they suppose to be one all together?

Dumb response too :lol:  (EDITED) - just spotted the new version FM23 v1.0 on the front page of the thread, which is awesome - just got a new laptop so been re-installing apps for a few weeks. I'll give it a test with the foreground and background colours, maybe not with all 1260 clubs I've got in my spreadsheet though.  :lol:

Edited by griffin99

On 03/05/2023 at 18:32, Emmersonforest4 said:

Thank you so much for that, so can I import data into another editor database? How would I do that? Also if my input file looks like this picture below will it not work?

On 03/05/2023 at 18:32, Emmersonforest4 said:

Thank you so much for that, so can I import data into another editor database? How would I do that? Also if my input file looks like this picture below will it not work?

I've never had a problem importing when the data looks like this, the tab breaks are still in the right places hidden within the text.

The one thing I did notice however was that I needed a blank column in the spreadsheet/input file after the the Stadium UID and before the Stadium Name, or the import didn't link the UID to the Stadium Name. But that may have been FM21 v1.1 as it was a few months back.

Edited by griffin99

On 06/05/2023 at 20:08, PostMovieCam said:

Dumb Question has anyone been able to get a new clubs xml to work with both foreground and background color on? I Have the RGB numbers in their own columns, are they suppose to be one all together?

I've done a fair bit of looking at this tonight. And yeah I'm using the right version of the tool this time (FM23 v.1). :lol:

The first thing is that I think the "Year Founded" needs to go *before* the Foreground and Background RGB columns on your spreadsheet. Having one column each for Foreground and Background also means all the other settings after it work correctly too.

However, I can't get it to work automatically with the tool, only the Red values show, eg it imports 255,0,0 instead of, say, 255,126,1. Same for both Foreground and Background

I have worked out that if you manually enter
<colour id="new_value" red="255" green="126" blue="1" alpha="255"/> (with your preferred RGB values)
in the row under the unsigned id property value for Foreground and Background in the XML, it will work manually one club at a time, but can't get the bulk import to work.

There must be a particular format needed - any ideas?

Edited by griffin99

Please could I have an example on how to add players? I would like to make a retro update without using the official editor, it would take too long

Edited by cimmi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm sorry for repeating this here but I don't know where you're likely to see itm first.

You're program looks great. I am looking for something that would allow me to add a vast number of languages from Microsoft Excel into the PGE. For clarity, by languages I mean the languages in-game that are spoken by players and staff. Could I accomplish this with your program?

• 1 month later...
On 23/07/2023 at 16:12, michael21 said:

Amazing tool, this is an absolute game changer. Thank you!

One bug/issue I noticed is the foreground and background colors xml does not generate properly when generating the club output.

It is fantastic isn't it!

I noticed this too though - it only seems to create the Red part of the RGB even if you move "year founded" in front of the RGB (which is needed to get any row for colour to populate), and never creates Green or Blue - would be fantastic if this could be fixed as it's a massive time-saver in editing new teams which exist but aren't in the game.

Edited by griffin99

@krlenjushka I have found a website that gives ELO-scores to 2800+ football clubs around the world. I copied all those scores to Excel and multiplied them to fit in FM's 0-10000 reputation range. Can I now use this to swap the reputation and the ELO scores?

On 03/08/2023 at 22:10, Jorgen said:

@krlenjushka I have found a website that gives ELO-scores to 2800+ football clubs around the world. I copied all those scores to Excel and multiplied them to fit in FM's 0-10000 reputation range. Can I now use this to swap the reputation and the ELO scores?

As long as you know the team ID, because reputation is one of the categories in the tool, yes.

It might take a little trial and error to work out how many tabs you need - which are essential other than Reputation and Team UID (eg I don't know if you need the team name or if the ID alone is enough, it's been 3 months since I used it regularly). But it absolutely should work if you tick Reputation and get the input format correct.

Hi, I've been working on expanding the number of Polish names in the database (via adding named Polish players) for a Polish lower league save I plan to start, but have run into this issue when try to import the xml file. Any idea what's causing this and how I can fix it?

Screenshot2023-08-10225739.thumb.png.5d239ff41ff66f57bc6aaf51454a50b0.png

On 13/03/2023 at 11:37, krlenjushka said:

Yeah sorry i dont have time for that because im working on my lower league database. Anyway its not problem to make script for your needs. 

This is how i did it. Shirt with kit style (type column) , background, foreground, outline and number color. For shorts and socks i use only background because i use only 1 type.

Screenshot_30.png.948446f4912f1302015c90ec02440b02.png 

If I want the first kit of selection kit on editor, on type do I fill with a 1 or a 0?

On 11/08/2023 at 06:18, msobs said:

Hi, I've been working on expanding the number of Polish names in the database (via adding named Polish players) for a Polish lower league save I plan to start, but have run into this issue when try to import the xml file. Any idea what's causing this and how I can fix it?

Screenshot2023-08-10225739.thumb.png.5d239ff41ff66f57bc6aaf51454a50b0.png

The first thing I'd do is check for non-standard characters in the name. - That Miroslaw has a special character and it's possible it might have been entered wrongly somewhere else in the list, for instance. I think there's a list of the "special character" codes earlier in this thread if you want to keep special characters in.

On 14/08/2023 at 17:27, grade said:

If I want the first kit of selection kit on editor, on type do I fill with a 1 or a 0?

Judging from the Type in the table you quoted it would be a 1, but let us know if you get this to work, I can't get the RGB colours to create properly using the tool, only the Red value is created. :(

Edited by griffin99

• 3 months later...
On 17/11/2023 at 11:17, MisterX said:

Can you use this tool for adding players too? 

And for FM24?

Yes and yes. Though as far as I can there's no way (yet) around the dodgy FM verification stopping things like changes to nation rules from working in FM24 due to stupid errors, so the benefit of adding competitions is temporarily a bit restricted. The usual verification fix doesn't work - shouldn't affect adding players though.

On 25/11/2023 at 09:00, cimmi said:

Perfect. How is it done? Can you write an example on how to add players?

Everything you need is already in this thread.

Download the tool (v1.1) from page 1, create an excel spreadsheet with the person characteristics you want to create in the same order as the tool (and using the first ID the game creates when you add a new player for your first player, then increase the ID by 1 for each line), then cut the Excel info and paste it into the input.txt file, tick the "input.txt is ready" button and make sure your tick boxes correspond with the info in the columns, run the scripts/generate output/xml in the tool, and there's your xml with your players and their data to import into the pre-game editor and load into FM when you start a new game.

(Or there's this tool too: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/580152-fm24-fm-auto-editor-project/)

Edited by griffin99

57 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I bought FM24 and i will try to update this tool to new version. 

Awesome news - could you particularly have a look at the kit colour generation? The other FM23 functions all still seem to work in FM24 for me using an initial XML then manually adding the Outputs as generated for each element.

I also managed to get a spreadsheet import to work for shirt colours, but only by concatenating separate RGB values into the correct XML text format in the spreadsheet and then doing a find and replace as they seem to have changed the initial text in the shirt colour line from "integer id" to "colour id". Would also be really useful to know how the colours should be split in the original spreadsheet - is it RGB values in 00|00|00 format in one column, or RGB values separately, etc?

*After* you've played the game for a bit, of course!

Edited by griffin99

6 minutes ago, griffin99 said:

I also managed to get a spreadsheet import to work for shirt colours, but only by concatenating separate RGB values into the correct XML text format in the spreadsheet and then doing a find and replace as they seem to have changed the initial text in the shirt colour line from "integer id" to "colour id". Would also be really useful to know how the colours should be split in the original spreadsheet - is it RGB values in 00|00|00 format in one column, or RGB values separately, etc?

Probably separately - i need to check how editor writes kit colors on this version.

BTW i dont think i will play too much because i cant get my lower leagues to work - as always we have to wait for real release date in march. 

Screenshot2023-12-08202135.png.59a09f5994aaa8e12b87daf14ef8cd41.png

Every year before final update - we have stupid errors like this. 

20 minutes ago, griffin99 said:

I ran a test on v24.0 changing a colour and for black it uses  

<colour id="new_value" red="0" green="0" blue="0" alpha="255"/> (see attached file for the rest of the record).

Test colour style.xml 1.02 kB · 1 download

Yeah its normal red green blue code. Black is 0,0,0 so this is ok.

• 4 weeks later...

To get club foreground and background colour working as intended, change line 5 in "clubforegroundcolor.txt" and "clubbackgroundcolor.txt" to

echo ^<colour id="new_value" variable/^>

both files are located in D:\...\FM23 Editor Generator ver 1.0\FM23 Editor Generator ver 1.0\System

Likewise, you need to have the year founded column ahead of the colours in the text file used to generate the .xml, and have the colours written like @griffin99's example above (red="255" green="255" blue="255" alpha="255"). 

EDIT:

to save the reader a few moments, this works in Excel (obviously change the column numbers to the ones you have the RGB values in).

=CONCAT("red=",CHAR(34),I3,CHAR(34)," green=",CHAR(34),J3,CHAR(34)," blue=",CHAR(34),K3,CHAR(34)," alpha=",CHAR(34),255,CHAR(34))

Edited by Ieuano