f9 vs treq in av 4-3-3/4-5-1 tactic

hi, I have a question about playing an treq as a lone forward in a 4-3-3/4-5-1. I belive to remember  that a treq will not be pressing or defend as much as a f9 out of possesion, but then if he have high aggersion like my regen Amtmann he will press equal to a f9 is this true?
I have never used an treq so much and never as a lone striker, but i don`t think f9 gets`s enough involved. only 3 assist in last season in 30 games in the league. and i took 108 points. So you can say I have a world class team. 
If i change the f9 to a treq should i then change the mezzala to a b2b ? to keep more balance since the treq is more attacking than f9? regen Wright is a pretty awesome midfielder.

Skjermbilde (1).png

Skjermbilde (2).png

Skjermbilde (4).png

2 hours ago, Fittefrosk said:

I belive to remember  that a treq will not be pressing or defend as much as a f9 out of possesion, but then if he have high aggersion like my regen Amtmann he will press equal to a f9 is this true?

If a player has good aggression, work rate and determination, he will be more likely to press more and be generally willing to help with defending, even if his role does not involve much defensive responsibility (like TQ in this case). 

Who scored most of your goals last year? That kind of set up to me looks like you want the IF and the IW to get beyond the F9, who is dragging defenders away by dropping deep. Is he perhaps getting the ball, laying it off to a midfielder who then plays the pass through to the 2 wide players who are screaming into the box? Another way I can see you scoring is an overload down the right, fullback overlapping and a cross for Mbappe to tap in at the far post. You may find the F9 is doing everything that you want other than generating assists, he is the reason your other players are doing what they are doing.

If you are going to change, tinker with the F9 first before changing a good midfield. Try a TQ, then a DLF and a CF to see what you prefer, if they are causing midfield issues then you can address them. In a winning side I wouldn't make wholesale changes, just the one tweak and watch the player like a hawk, usually on full or comprehensive so you can really focus on that one players movement and passes etc.

8 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

If a player has good aggression, work rate and determination, he will be more likely to press more and be generally willing to help with defending, even if his role does not involve much defensive responsibility (like TQ in this case). 

Thanks then if I play him as a treq he will most likely press good enough.

7 hours ago, Garrlor said:

Who scored most of your goals last year? That kind of set up to me looks like you want the IF and the IW to get beyond the F9, who is dragging defenders away by dropping deep. Is he perhaps getting the ball, laying it off to a midfielder who then plays the pass through to the 2 wide players who are screaming into the box? Another way I can see you scoring is an overload down the right, fullback overlapping and a cross for Mbappe to tap in at the far post. You may find the F9 is doing everything that you want other than generating assists, he is the reason your other players are doing what they are doing.

If you are going to change, tinker with the F9 first before changing a good midfield. Try a TQ, then a DLF and a CF to see what you prefer, if they are causing midfield issues then you can address them. In a winning side I wouldn't make wholesale changes, just the one tweak and watch the player like a hawk, usually on full or comprehensive so you can really focus on that one players movement and passes etc.

yeah Mbappe was my main man, and thats the meaning behind the setup. the right winger scored a good amount aswell.  And you are defintily right that i score alot of goals from the overload on the right side.  my f9 does everything i want other than providing with assist. he actually score more goals this season than i expected with 18 in 30 league games. So im not in need to change he`s role. I guess im just trying to be greedy...   it`s only to thing I would like my f9 to do, that`s maybe a treq could do it`s getting in behind when my wingers are not in positions to get in behind and when he drops deep to get the ball and create space for the wingers, he could then turn and play the through ball every now and then. now he always play it back in support. maybe thats because my ap and my mezzala is so close to him. 
I don`t like the DLF think he`s to static even with roam on. and the CF is maybe a good chooice, but i havent got it to work very well with both wingers on attack searcing for space behind.

Thank you for your opinion and answers both of you. 

10 hours ago, Fittefrosk said:

Thanks then if I play him as a treq he will most likely press good enough.

yeah Mbappe was my main man, and thats the meaning behind the setup. the right winger scored a good amount aswell.  And you are defintily right that i score alot of goals from the overload on the right side.  my f9 does everything i want other than providing with assist. he actually score more goals this season than i expected with 18 in 30 league games. So im not in need to change he`s role. I guess im just trying to be greedy...   it`s only to thing I would like my f9 to do, that`s maybe a treq could do it`s getting in behind when my wingers are not in positions to get in behind and when he drops deep to get the ball and create space for the wingers, he could then turn and play the through ball every now and then. now he always play it back in support. maybe thats because my ap and my mezzala is so close to him. 
I don`t like the DLF think he`s to static even with roam on. and the CF is maybe a good chooice, but i havent got it to work very well with both wingers on attack searcing for space behind.

Thank you for your opinion and answers both of you. 

Nothing wrong with being greedy mate, it's how you set world goal scoring records :lol:.

Have you changed to an AP from a different role at all? If your F9 was originally playing the passes occasionaly but now doesn't, perhaps its the AP that is causing that. Or if you have always played an AP, maybe he has picked up a PPM like Gets forward whenever possible, arrives late in opponents box etc. which is causing him to push up and cramp the space your F9 is operating in. One idea could be to create a splinter save and run some tactics through it for 3 or 4 games each time to see what works and what doesn't. If you try a CF, maybe put him on Support first and if he doesn't get involved enough in the final third, try attack. If your IW is crowding the space along with your Mez, then maybe change him to a winger, treq or IW on Support to see what happens there. Ideally your CF would drop off early and move around, aiding the build up to overloading the right wing before bursting into the box to offer a central option to Mbappe on the far left. Or when he drops off he can pick up the ball and thread it through himself.

I think your best bet is to watch a lot in game, if you find your players are always picking out your AP as he is far up the pitch, then he is doing what a play maker should and being a ball magnet. But if you dont want them always looking for him that high up the pitch, a switch to a DLP could offer the similar early control without the getting further forward. Again I will stress don't make all the changes at once, be logical in what you do and tinker a little at a time as though you are fine tuning an engine. Which based on your results, you pretty much are fine tuning a machine anyway :D.

2 hours ago, Garrlor said:

Nothing wrong with being greedy mate, it's how you set world goal scoring records :lol:.

Have you changed to an AP from a different role at all? If your F9 was originally playing the passes occasionaly but now doesn't, perhaps its the AP that is causing that. Or if you have always played an AP, maybe he has picked up a PPM like Gets forward whenever possible, arrives late in opponents box etc. which is causing him to push up and cramp the space your F9 is operating in. One idea could be to create a splinter save and run some tactics through it for 3 or 4 games each time to see what works and what doesn't. If you try a CF, maybe put him on Support first and if he doesn't get involved enough in the final third, try attack. If your IW is crowding the space along with your Mez, then maybe change him to a winger, treq or IW on Support to see what happens there. Ideally your CF would drop off early and move around, aiding the build up to overloading the right wing before bursting into the box to offer a central option to Mbappe on the far left. Or when he drops off he can pick up the ball and thread it through himself.

I think your best bet is to watch a lot in game, if you find your players are always picking out your AP as he is far up the pitch, then he is doing what a play maker should and being a ball magnet. But if you dont want them always looking for him that high up the pitch, a switch to a DLP could offer the similar early control without the getting further forward. Again I will stress don't make all the changes at once, be logical in what you do and tinker a little at a time as though you are fine tuning an engine. Which based on your results, you pretty much are fine tuning a machine anyway :D.

yeah the only reason i still play on this save is to try to take 38 wins of 38 in the league, have come close with the last to season with 36 wins and 35 wins and 0 losses. barca and valencia are still decent, the rest of the league is crap. took the league goals record last season with 128 goals so that`s taken. Messi`s 50 goal a season record i bet i can probably  just forget with playing this shape. Mbappe have got 32 has record, but he`s taking the pens. getting around 10 of thoose goals a season and misses about 5-8 every season... Should had Boring James Milner taking my pens he would had 15 goals every season in the league.. 

No i always had an ap, and his probably the best regen i ever seen in any of the fm versions. He has the get forward trait so it might be that so he`s doing what an ap should do. 
maybe a treq on the right wing will do the trick he will drift around causing havoc both with the f9 and inside and with the mez and fullback on the outside.  will try that do. 

The problem i now have is that mbappe is 33 so i might just have one season here he is better than my regen who will replace him. but he`s more of a creator than a finisher. 
maybe it can work very good with a creator on inside forward he might not shoot everytime he`s almost behind the goal  like mbappe does. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/01/2021 at 11:49, Fittefrosk said:

hi, I have a question about playing an treq as a lone forward in a 4-3-3/4-5-1. I belive to remember  that a treq will not be pressing or defend as much as a f9 out of possesion, but then if he have high aggersion like my regen Amtmann he will press equal to a f9 is this true?
I have never used an treq so much and never as a lone striker, but i don`t think f9 gets`s enough involved. only 3 assist in last season in 30 games in the league. and i took 108 points. So you can say I have a world class team. 
If i change the f9 to a treq should i then change the mezzala to a b2b ? to keep more balance since the treq is more attacking than f9? regen Wright is a pretty awesome midfielder.

Skjermbilde (1).png

Skjermbilde (2).png

Skjermbilde (4).png

Hi I have the football manager 2021 on the Xbox series s and wonder if this could work with my team as I have started in the lower divisions