Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am first and foremost a one club only manager in FM, I have never changed and don´t like the idea. I took Wrexham to the Championship and they are capped at 10k stadium capacity, for some reason sponsorship money has also gone down, my salary for each player about 5k limit, I think I have hit the limit of the club. I did ask the club to buy a new stadium, they said no, they are buying the one they are playing in instead.

So, in terms of expanding the club further, is my game pretty much over or is there any possibility of further developement?

Edited by AurioDK
Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not.  Apparently people quite often take teams worse than Wrexham to the Champions league, though how they do it is beyond me.  I'm still stuck in the Vanarama with not much hope of promotion any time soon, so I'd love to be in your position :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, priority76 said:

Probably not.  Apparently people quite often take teams worse than Wrexham to the Champions league, though how they do it is beyond me.  I'm still stuck in the Vanarama with not much hope of promotion any time soon, so I'd love to be in your position :D

 

Hmmm, I wonder what happens if I get promoted to the PL then, there are no stadiums in the vicinity I could move to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AurioDK said:

 

Hmmm, I wonder what happens if I get promoted to the PL then, there are no stadiums in the vicinity I could move to.

In fm20 I had stadium problems with Hartlepool I had to play my initial champions league season at Middlesbrough then across 2 seasons of a new stadium being built I played at Sunderland for a season and Middlesbrough for a season in the end I had a new 26,000 seater stadium which was instantly too small and got into loads of debt with hardly any ticket money coming in, good times.

In terms of the game being over, depends what you want to achieve from the game, I normally take Hartlepool from vanarama to champions league glory and it’s normally tough in terms of investment until you start winning major trophies unless you’re lucky enough to get a takeover.

Edited by Boroboss
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AurioDK said:

 

Hmmm, I wonder what happens if I get promoted to the PL then, there are no stadiums in the vicinity I could move to.

On FM17 I think (the season Bournemouth had Jack WIlshere on loan) my board decided that we, Bournemouth, was gonna play our games at Watfords stadium in London while we were building a new stadium, I dont think it will be a problem.

I'm not sure if club stature means as much as which city you wanna build a new stadium in when it comes to expanding and building new ones, I'm sure there's info in the editor but I dont wanna look under the hood and ruin too much for myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My lad is playing as Wrexham and has a new stadium being build. His team are in the Prem and playing at the new Everton ground on Stanley Dock whilst it is being built

 

Have faith!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if the board does decide to build a new stadium, the decision-making routine is badly flawed as it takes a pessimistic view of the future of the club and often makes the new ground capacity too small. By the time it is built, you've already outgrown it.

This is particularly problematic if you are being promoted through divisions with increasing minimum stadium capacities. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Even if the board does decide to build a new stadium, the decision-making routine is badly flawed as it takes a pessimistic view of the future of the club and often makes the new ground capacity too small. By the time it is built, you've already outgrown it.

This is particularly problematic if you are being promoted through divisions with increasing minimum stadium capacities. 

 

 

Yes, I experienced that with Gateshead in FM 20, it´s not something they have worked on. I got temporary residence at Newscastle´s stadium and they built a ****** stadium with only 5k capacity increase .. .while I was getting almost full house in the loaned stadium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2021 at 03:30, kccircle said:

My lad is playing as Wrexham and has a new stadium being build. His team are in the Prem and playing at the new Everton ground on Stanley Dock whilst it is being built

 

Have faith!

A total disaster for me, finally got promoted and got a 2k expansion ... yay .. now I can have 12k people. When OB where I live play they can fill the Copenhagen stadion with about 30k people and we only have 110k living here, of course people come from all over besides the town.

 

Sponsorship is non existent, 400k for me ..... 14 million for the second last which is Brentford.

 

The board refuses anything logical like giving me a feeder club domestically or overseas.

 

I had good Youth Facilities, asked for an upgrade 2 seasons ago which I did get .... then the facilities got demoted to decent.

 

Just asked for better training facilities for first team after the promotion, denied.

 

Especially the lack of sponsorship money hurts because I am on such a tight budget.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...