Coaches clarification

Was always curious about a few things re coaches - just wondering how others interpreted this (sorry if it’s been covered before but I scanned and couldn’t find anything):

1) Is one gold+natural coach as good as any other gold+natural coach or do you get meaningful differences? I know  some styles might suit a team more but generally once you’ve got a gold+natural is it worth changing if you think that area isn’t improving?

2) Does it ever really warrant having more than one coach per area e.g. if you got 4 attacking coaches would it dramatically improve attacking compared to having just 1?

3) perhaps linked to first question a bit; if a coach isn’t shown as having an impact on any/many particular players when you click on them...is that a sign that they’re ineffective and should be replaced (even if gold+Natural say) or are they just having their general impact?

4) does it cause much upheaval to chop and change your staff/coaches? I know this happens with players

Typically I tend to have a defensive, attacking, fitness and youth....only really swapping for a GK coach if they’re leaky or a Motivational one if the team gets narky. 

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, TonyMarshall said:

Was always curious about a few things re coaches - just wondering how others interpreted this (sorry if it’s been covered before but I scanned and couldn’t find anything):

1) Is one gold+natural coach as good as any other gold+natural coach or do you get meaningful differences? I know  some styles might suit a team more but generally once you’ve got a gold+natural is it worth changing if you think that area isn’t improving?

All coaches with the same badge level are the same.

The 'aptitude' has no effect on their current level, its an indication of how easy it is for them to improve from a lower badge to a higher one.

2) Does it ever really warrant having more than one coach per area e.g. if you got 4 attacking coaches would it dramatically improve attacking compared to having just 1?

As with many things in life the answer is 'it depends'.

The level a player can attain at your club depends on the clubs setup, that is - facilities, league played within and the coaches present.

Thus if you have a 200 PA (ie. potentially best player in the world) then you'll need a very good setup combined with coaches who can help improve him in his particular area. 

Presuming you have perfect facilities then that would require a Gold coach in his area (ie. for a striker an attacking coach) and (probably) another more generalized coach helping out (ie. General).

It's also worth mentioning that where you specialize the club depends on the coaches you have - thus if you have a 'bland' setup ie. no strong area of training then you'll find a variety of youngsters coming through, if however you're very strong in an area (ie. 2 attacking coaches and less in other areas) then you'll find more attackers coming through the youth team than other positions.

3) perhaps linked to first question a bit; if a coach isn’t shown as having an impact on any/many particular players when you click on them...is that a sign that they’re ineffective and should be replaced (even if gold+Natural say) or are they just having their general impact?

Typically I tend to have a defensive, attacking, fitness and youth....only really swapping for a GK coach if they’re leaky or a Motivational one if the team gets narky. 

It depends on their role and what they're doing - some styles of coaches aren't as likely to have players pop up as influenced directly as others. Motivational coaches for instance have slightly less influence on player improvements directly themselves HOWEVER they improve players mental attributes and keep their morale higher than it might be ... these in themselves can be invaluable as match experience (esp. when doing well) contribute towards players improving.

4) does it cause much upheaval to chop and change your staff/coaches? I know this happens with players

No, not at all.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Marc, wish I’d jumped on the forum years ago!!!

Interesting to hear about the coaches affecting the youth promotions, sounds like I’m guilty of a bland setup.

Right, my assistant reports my team are lacking intensity so I’ll sack him and replace him with a fitness coach :)