player history data loss

Am Not

• I've just logged onto football manager and it turns out that stats and data for players for past seasons has disappeared see attached screenshot. 

Anyone know how to fix this, happened to every player.  Missing data for seasons 2022/23, 2023/24 and 2024/25. 

Secondly Idah was signed in season 2023/24 not 2026/27 as it says in the player's history so that is a bug 

260777687_Fmfaultpic4.thumb.jpg.99a6064350a0103d034a7b1f5edb544d.jpg

Very annoying how I can't go view a player's past history when recent seasons are missing.1601578918_fmfaultpic3.thumb.jpg.4dc56a3929f380e2d690d33887aed0bd.jpg

• SI Staff

Hi @Am Not, have you got any saves from before history disappeared? If so, I would be most grateful if you could upload to our cloud.

Could you also upload your 'log' files please. It's in the AppData folder which is hidden by default, but can be found via:

- Click ‘File Explorer’ from within the taskbar (or click ‘Desktop/Start’ then type in ‘File Explorer’)
- On the header click ‘View’ and make sure above ‘Show/hide’ that ‘Hidden Items’ is ticked
- Navigate to C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021

Logs should then be in that folder. If anything is unclear, or you're having trouble, please let me know.

Details on how to upload can be found here:

Hi Francis 

I do have a saved version before the problem occurred and have uploaded it to the cloud. I have also uploaded the log files as well. 

Sorry for getting back to you so late 

The file save is Reading v03 

Jack 

Edited by Am Not

• SI Staff

Hi @Am Not, so, I've played through until Jan 15th (date of the screenshots), signed Massengo, and I'm not getting this to happen. James Balagizi already has a history loss at the point of loading the save, but beyond that all of Reading's players are populated as expected. 

Do you remember if you did anything out of the ordinary before the history disappeared?

If you still have the save, would you mind loading it up and going on holiday to Jan 15th and check whether player's history remains? If you do this, can you just double check your autosave so that you're not overwriting your career with a holiday run.

Hi @Francis MooneyI went on holiday until January 15 and the player history is still after that time. 

Regarding James Balagzi, when I loaded the save his player history was still there. So I'm not sure what you meant by that, as his player history is still there when I loaded the save.

With your point about something happening out of the ordinary, no I don't remember anything strange happening. 

With the log files, I uploaded them individually as it would not let me upload the whole log file.  

Jack 

146431245_1095441260934956_4205471097228301728_n.jpg

146463869_539486930321047_160130392028599545_n (1).jpg

• SI Staff

Thanks for all that @Am Not, appreciate you taking the time to run the holiday. With Balagizi I was looking at the big jump between 14/15 and 20/21, but, on further examination, that's how it is entered in the database, so not pertinent to this. 

Just confirming we do have the log files, thanks for those.

We're going to continue having a dig in to this and see if we can work out what exactly is causing this, thanks for all your help. Once again, much appreciated.