i need your Help

I have been playing football manager since 2014, but I never tried to do something on my own, I did it now and it really is great,I do not know much about football but I really like football so I decided to play the game for once as it should

I started with Arsenal, I am in season 3, in the first season I finished 3rd place and in the 2nd season 4th place

for the first time I made transfers methodically and what I need to throw what I want to see

I got 2 midfielders who would offer me stability in the midfield is the key to a 4-2-3-1 system (from what I have read in this forum it must be very good to achieve such a system) so i have  florentino luis and  frank kessie 

to be able to the full backs to climb higher freely without being exposed to the defense

the front 4 are very fast and with very good technical characteristics

This is what I want for my tactic, to play a free attacking football (Without giving the ball away easily)

I also have very creative central defenders, because I want the attack to start from the defense

but unfortunately I do not think I have succeeded yet and I need your help

I have these players

this system20210125165353_1.thumb.jpg.3b23e71a076a86ce04bd6fc3b0f51536.jpg20210125165324_1.thumb.jpg.fa2397504f3cbec95a36677c41e6da53.jpg

in short I play this

even in friendly games we find it difficult to score .. what am I doing wrong?

some results to understand .. how many phases we create but we do not do anything wrong???

PF- AT 

IF-su    AP-AT     W-su                   CM-de:  Dribble lees 

CM-de   BWM-su               BWM-su: take fewer risks, hold position 

FB-at  CD-de  BPD-de Wb-su

mentality: positive 

In possession : shorter passing, play out of Defence, Run at defence, be more expressive, higher tempo

In transition: Counter prees, Distribute quyckly

out of possesion: higher defensive line, use offside trap 

20210125165334_1.jpg

20210125165339_1.jpg

20210125165346_1.jpg

20210125165421_1.jpg

20210125165429_1.jpg

20210125165740_1.jpg

20210125165752_1.jpg

20210126160319_1.jpg

20210126160535_1.jpg

20210126160955_1.jpg

20210127114617_1.jpg

20210127115258_1.jpg

20210127115301_1.jpg

20210127115320_1.jpg

20210127115424_1.jpg

20210127115634_1.jpg

Edited by michael_richie0

Honestly I think this tactic and player selection looks quite solid and judging by the xG for the games should perform pretty well (for example I think that leeds game was very unfortunate to lose).

One thing I will say is that looking at the xG trends for each game you seem to create alot of half chances but only maybe 3 in all those games that were decent (I would classify a jump in xG of around 0.2/0.3 to be a decent chance).

I would assume you typically face alot of teams sitting deep?

the problem is not just the game with leeds,,generally in most games it really creates a lot but we struggle to score

can the attacker be to blame? I do not know what is wrong

even the player's traits I have been very careful with what players we need

for example    i bough jord sancho very expensive purebred winger   he doe cut insde with the ball in right side  this is exactly what I want

for the first time I have what I want from my system and I find it difficult to do it for small details

13 hours ago, michael_richie0 said:

the problem is not just the game with leeds,,generally in most games it really creates a lot but we struggle to score

I agree with what Wixxi said here. You create a lot of small chances but seemingly very few good chances. Look at the XG traces of yourself and the AI. You have lots of little incremental jumps. This suggests you are getting the ball into shooting range but the actual shots have a very low chance of leading to a goal. Hence conversion rate will be low because the chances are not great. Contrast it to the AI traces. Here they have fewer jumps - so fewer chances - but the chances they are creating have a much greater chance of being a goal. So you are creating poor quality chances and conceding good chances. 

So the first thing to try to identify is why are the chances you create apparently so unlikely to lead to goals? What chances are you creating? I'd go and look at this first. Watch all of the shots you have from a couple of games and just see what chances you are creating, how they are created, and why they are not classed as good. I mean the XG is not perfect but clearly this tactic does not generate 1v1s with your striker in space very often. 

Then you could look at the same for the chances the AI is creating. Because it also seems to be an issue that you are conceding too much. In fact I'd say this was a bigger concern, since this is what really is dropping you points. Identify what sort of goals you are conceding. Not necessarily the type, but what sort of play leads to them. Is it counter attacks? Fast transitions before your team is set and ready in defence? Or whatever you find. Then you can set about fixing this aspect of things. These things will help you pinpoint your specific problems. 

I say this because I do not necessarily think your tactic is completely nonsensical. Now you ask 10 people here what they would change and they would tell you 10 different things. And whilst they may work, it does not help in iteratively building things up (as it seems you really want to do).

One thing I will ask is if you see a lot of your shots come from players at the end of a dribble (encouraged by the runs with ball)? 

The other thing that is obvious from your pictures is that the left side of your team is not working as well as the right. What do you want the left wide player to actually do in this tactic?

When you are a top team you cannot think about tactic creation in the same way as you do when you are a midlevel team or underdog. So while on paper there might seem nothing wrong with your choice of roles or instructions, there are some subtle things that probably will cause a big problem for you against defensive sides playing low block against you. And let's face it, as Arsenal probably 80% of your competition will be playing anti-football. So to be successful you really need to think through how you can overload one side to take advantage of opening on another flank. You will need to use roles good at holding the ball on one flank and then more attack focused roles to exploit space on the other wing. Smart distribution of roles. And you will need to stretch the AI on both flanks. Use fast transitions, ect. You can't just TikiTaka AI into submission. 

Edited by crusadertsar

49 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

When you are a top team you cannot think about tactic creation in the same way as you do when you are a midlevel team or underdog. So while on paper there might seem nothing wrong with your choice of roles or instructions, there are some subtle things that probably will cause a big problem for you against defensive sides playing low block against you. And let's face it, as Arsenal probably 80% of your competition will be playing anti-football. So to be successful you really need to think through how you can overload one side to take advantage of opening on another flank. You will need to use roles good at holding the ball on one flank and then more attack focused roles to exploit space on the other wing. Smart distribution of roles. And you will need to stretch the AI on both flanks. Use fast transitions, ect. You can't just TikiTaka AI into submission. 

I find a good asymmetrical / Offset 433 / 4231 good here for building overloads, making space and stretching teams both horizontally and vertically when playing a team that sits deep.

Perhaps, for example:

formation.PNG

OR

2 formation.PNG

Roles and duties negotiable.  As would be PI's etc.

Edited by Lordluap

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I agree with what Wixxi said here. You create a lot of small chances but seemingly very few good chances. Look at the XG traces of yourself and the AI. You have lots of little incremental jumps. This suggests you are getting the ball into shooting range but the actual shots have a very low chance of leading to a goal. Hence conversion rate will be low because the chances are not great. Contrast it to the AI traces. Here they have fewer jumps - so fewer chances - but the chances they are creating have a much greater chance of being a goal. So you are creating poor quality chances and conceding good chances. 

So the first thing to try to identify is why are the chances you create apparently so unlikely to lead to goals? What chances are you creating? I'd go and look at this first. Watch all of the shots you have from a couple of games and just see what chances you are creating, how they are created, and why they are not classed as good. I mean the XG is not perfect but clearly this tactic does not generate 1v1s with your striker in space very often. 

Then you could look at the same for the chances the AI is creating. Because it also seems to be an issue that you are conceding too much. In fact I'd say this was a bigger concern, since this is what really is dropping you points. Identify what sort of goals you are conceding. Not necessarily the type, but what sort of play leads to them. Is it counter attacks? Fast transitions before your team is set and ready in defence? Or whatever you find. Then you can set about fixing this aspect of things. These things will help you pinpoint your specific problems. 

I say this because I do not necessarily think your tactic is completely nonsensical. Now you ask 10 people here what they would change and they would tell you 10 different things. And whilst they may work, it does not help in iteratively building things up (as it seems you really want to do).

One thing I will ask is if you see a lot of your shots come from players at the end of a dribble (encouraged by the runs with ball)? 

The other thing that is obvious from your pictures is that the left side of your team is not working as well as the right. What do you want the left wide player to actually do in this tactic?

I see exactly what you say, after some dribbles they shoot, but apparently that was what I had in mind when creating my tactics, I wanted to have fast combinations in the last third.

on the left I imagined him in the role of a second striker the reason I do not have him in an if-AT role is because he does not fit Pf I think they will fight for the space in front

the goals I concede are again what you say, mainly from disorganized defense 2-3 balls and bam !!! I ate goals

summary: what I notice is that up to a point we are doing well, in the last third of the field I say that I have no players in the box, and they are forced to shoot if they have no options

6 minutes ago, michael_richie0 said:

I see exactly what you say, after some dribbles they shoot, but apparently that was what I had in mind when creating my tactics, I wanted to have fast combinations in the last third.

on the left I imagined him in the role of a second striker the reason I do not have him in an if-AT role is because he does not fit Pf I think they will fight for the space in front

the goals I concede are again what you say, mainly from disorganized defense 2-3 balls and bam !!! I ate goals

summary: what I notice is that up to a point we are doing well, in the last third of the field I say that I have no players in the box, and they are forced to shoot if they have no options

But there is only 1 option once they get to the box...

You have wide players on support, a playmaker and then an attacking striker as the only real box presence.  Who is attacking the box from deep for lay-offs or rebounds? Who are the cut-back options?  Who is attacking the far post for crosses or the near post for a flick-on? Is anyone overlapping the wide players to try and pull opposing full backs out of position?

47 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

I've really read all your articles about the football you prefer, but I really find it very difficult to make something similar

5 minutes ago, michael_richie0 said:

I've really read all your articles about the football you prefer, but I really find it very difficult to make something similar

Trust me it's not easy to make a good tactic or one thats consistently brings results when you are a top side. It's an ongoing process and there's no magic formula. I'm still tweaking and trying to find one that satisfies me without going into exploit territory. 

Edited by crusadertsar

2 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Trust me it's not easy to make a good tactic or one thats consistently brings results when you are a top side. It's an ongoing process and there's no magic formula. I'm still tweaking and trying to find one that satisfies me without going into exploit territory. 

let this be a good idea of how to overload one side;20210128105908_1.thumb.jpg.bd88136fdab3fe8f60ecbb0453493b3b.jpg