15-1 Who's up for an African Safari

mark wilson27

February 1st: Semi Finals

Tunisia (Affo) v Senegal (BenArsenal)

An enthralling Semi Final with some great attacking football. However there could only be one winner and that was Affo's Tunisia who won 4-2 thanks to a brace a piece from A.Layouni and W.Khazri. Senegal's goals came from M.Niang and S.Mane. Senegal also played the last eighteen minutes with ten men after Y.Sabaly was sent off for a second yellow card

Tunisia 4-2 Senegal

February 2nd:

Nigeria (Gavrenwick) v Ivory Coast (markwilson27)

A tight game between two stalwart managers and it was decided by a penalty with six minutes remaining in the game as S.Haller fired in from the spot.

Nigeria 0-1 Ivory Coast

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February 5th: 3rd Place Play-off and Final

Nigeria (Gavrenwick) v Senegal (BenArsenal) (3rd Placed Play-off)

It turned into an easy game for BenArsenal's Senegal as they ran out 2-0 winners. The goals came from I.Gueye and K.Balde

Nigeria 0-2 Senegal

Ivory Coast (markwilson27) v Tunisia (Affo) (African Cup of Nations Final)

Ivory Coast began the better as on the 2nd minute C.Kouame fired in under the Tunisian keeper. However ten minutes later N.Sliti grabbed the equaliser for Tunisia. The game was pretty open and on the stroke of half time W.Zaha fired in from close range. The second half was three minutes old when W.Khazri heading from close range to give the Ivory Coast keeper no chance. On the hour mark though Tunisia were reduced to ten men after O.Haddadi was sent off for a professional foul. With two minutes remaining in the game Ivory Coast grabbed the winner as S.Haller fired in from the penalty spot to give markwilson27 and Ivory Coast the African Cup of Nations

Ivory Coast 3-2 Tunisia

With the end of the African Cup of Nations come the usual cull of managers. The following managers have left their current jobs

| Place  | Manager       | Team (s)     | Sacked/Resigned | Played | Won | Drawn | Lost | For | Against | Win % | 
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 10th   | Celtic_1967   | Algeria      |  5/2/22 (r)     |  20    |  14 |   4   |   2  |  56 |   16    |  70   | 
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 11th   | Mandy42       | Ghana        |  5/2/22 (s)     |  20    |  14 |   2   |   4  |  51 |   28    |  70   | 
| 12th   | salkster2102  | Burkina Faso |  5/2/22 (s)     |  16    |   9 |   2   |   5  |  28 |   20    |  56   | 
| 13th   | Dalbeider     | Cameroon     |  5/2/22 (s)     |  19    |  10 |   2   |   7  |  44 |   25    |  52   | 
| 14th   | Bagpuss       | Egypt        |  5/2/22 (s)     |  19    |   9 |   3   |   7  |  36 |   29    |  47   | 
| 15th   | Neilhoskins77 | South Africa |  5/2/22 (s)     |  20    |   9 |   2   |   9  |  33 |   28    |  45   | 

Please note that for the remainder of this calender year I haven't got any screenshots due to my USB corrupting shed loads of files. The results are taken from in game so don't be surprised if 2022 fixtures are slow going at posting

3 minutes ago, Celtic_1967 said:

I've already won one of these sign-ups. I don't have any space for another trophy. :D

You won the first one and was named in the title of the second one...What more could you want

1 minute ago, mark wilson27 said:

You won the first one and was named in the title of the second one...What more could you want

Exactly.

Although we could name the trophy after me too? Although why would you call a trophy Mike... it'd be weird!

1 minute ago, Celtic_1967 said:

Exactly.

Although we could name the trophy after me too? Although why would you call a trophy Mike... it'd be weird!

The Mike Kowalski trophy haha

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

The Mike Kowalski trophy haha

I like it. Let's do it. As the inaugural winner I think it would be fitting.

(I'm only kidding... I'm not 'that' far up my own arse!)

8 hours ago, Celtic_1967 said:

I like it. Let's do it. As the inaugural winner I think it would be fitting.

(I'm only kidding... I'm not 'that' far up my own arse!)

though looking at the table you resigned.... you weren't fired! 

2 hours ago, Celtic_1967 said:

I needed to make sure I didn't win because I have nowhere to put the trophy!

good job i'm not presenting the trophy then, as I can think of somewhere ;) 

Just now, Mandy42 said:

good job i'm not presenting the trophy then, as I can think of somewhere ;) 

My head is already there. I said I wasn't 'that' far up my own arse. Not that I wasn't up it at all!

March 2022

Managers Remaining (9/15)

Affo (Tunisia)

The month started with a 3-0 friendly win over Qatar as I.Jebali, E.Skhiri and W.Khazri all scoring. The following game saw his side drawing 1-1 with New Zealand thanks to a goal from I.Jebali

BenArsenal (Senegal)

The only game of the month saw his side beating Benin 2-0 thanks to a goal from E.Franck Kanoute and M'Baye Niang

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

The month began with a 3-0 loss to Angola and they followed this with a 4-0 win over Mayotte thanks to goals from K.Musona, T.Kadewere, K.Billiat and M.Nakamba

Drogba11CFC (Morocco)

The month started with a 2-0 win over South Africa in a friendly thanks to a goal a piece from Y.En-Nesyri and O.Tannane. The next friendly saw his side beating Gabon 4-0 with O.Tannane, M.Mahi, A.Barkok and A.Hakimi all scoring

EvilDave (Angola)

The month started with a 3-0 friendly win over Zimbabwe with M'Bala Nzola grabbing a goal and G.Dala grabbing a brace. The next friendly sees his side beating Uganda by the same scoreline with Fredy, Zito and W.Eduardo all scoring

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

Only the friendly this month sees his side thrashing Saudi Arabia 4-0 with K.Iheanacho, W.Ndidi and a brace from V.Osimhen

markwilson27 (Ivory Coast)

The month saw his side beating The Gambia 3-1 in a friendly thanks to a goal from W.Zaha and a brace from H.Junior Traore

Sherm (Mali)

A 3-0 friendly win over Lesotho started the month with S.Koita grabbing a goal and the other two coming from M.Marega. The following friendly saw them demolish Mauritania 9-0 with S.Koita grabbing a brace, I.Fomba, A.Haidara and D.Samassekou all scoring a single goal., The other four goals came from M.Marega

WLKRAS (Guinea)

Only the one friendly this month as his side beat Central African Republic 4-0 with N.Keita, F.Kamano, D.Toure and S.Kaba all scoring

Job Status: All safe

September 2022:

The first game of the month saw his side beating Ivory Coast 3-0 thanks to goals from T.Yassine Khenissi and a brace from W.Khazri. The following game saw his side thrashing Lesotho 6-0 with goals from N.Sliti, F.Sassi, G.Chaalali and a hat-trick from W.Khazri

Affo (Tunisia)

The month began with a 2-0 win over Burkina Faso in the African Nations Cup Qualifying with I.Sarr and C.Kouyate both scoring. However his side followed this with a 2-1 loss with H.Diallo grabbing the only goal

BenArsenal (Senegal)

The month began with a 5-0 win over Lesotho thanks to a brace a piece from M.Bonne, K.Machachi and a single goal from M.Nakamba. The following game saw his side drawing 2-2 against Ivory Coast with M.Bonne grabbing two goals

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

A 3-1 win over Central African Republic in the ANC qualifying started the month thanks to goals from Y.En-Nesyri and a brace from R.Alioui. The following qualifier saw his side beating Cape Verde 3-0 thanks to goals from R.Alioui, S.Amrabat and R.Saiss.

Drogba11CFC (Morocco)

EvilDave (Angola)

This month sees the African Nations Cup qualifying and they won the first game 3-0 over Congo thanks to goals from Rochinha, M'Bala Nzola and G.Dala. The next qualifier saw his side beating South Sudan 4-1 thanks to a brace a piece from Fredy and G.Dala

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

A 3-1 win over Guinea-Bissau started the month with K.Iheanacho grabbing a brace and a single goal from V.Osimhen. The next game saw his side losing 2-1 to Mali with D.Okereke grabbing the only goal

Not a great month with Tunisia beating them 3-0 in the ANC Qualifier. The following game saw his side drawing 2-2 with Zimbabwe thanks to goals from C.Kipre and Gervinho

Sherm (Mali)

The month began with a 3-0 win over Togo in the ANC qualifier with M.Marega, S.Koita and Y.Bissouma all scoring. The next game saw his side beating Nigeria 2-1 with K.Coulibaly and Y.Kone both scoring

WLKRAS (Guinea)

The month began with a 4-1 win over Eq.Guinea with S.Soumah, F.Kamano, L.Bangoura and J.Kante all scoring. The following game saw his side drawing 2-2 against Ghana with M.Camara and D.Toure both scoring

October 2022:

The month began with a 1-1 draw against Zimbabwe with T.Yassine Khenissi scoring. The following game saw his side beating Lesotho 2-0 thanks to brace from I.Jebali

Affo (Tunisia)

Two more African Nations qualifying games with Ben's side beating Comoros 2-1 thanks to goals from K.Koulibaly and M'Baye Niang. The following game saw his side beating Kenya 2-1 thanks to a brace from K.Balde

BenArsenal (Senegal)

Not a great month CFuller's side as they drew 1-1 with Tunisia thanks to a goal from K.Mahachi and this was followed by a 4-0 loss to Ivory Coast. As I said not a great month

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

The month began with a 4-0 win over Malawi in the ANC qualifiers with R.Alioui, A.Hakimi, Y.A Bennasser and Y.En-Nesyri and this was followed by a 4-2 win over Central African Republic. The goals were scored by H.Ziyech, S.Amrabat and a brace from Y.En-Nesyri to make it four wins out of four in the qualifying

Drogba11CFC (Morocco)

EvilDave (Angola)

The next two qualifies saw his side beating Liberia 3-0 with Zito grabbing a goal and a brace from G.Dala. The next game in the month saw his side losing 2-1 against Congo with F.Abreu scoring the only goal

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

The month started with a 2-1 win over Togo in the ANC qualifiers. The goals were both scored by K.Iheanacho. The following game saw his side losing 2-1 to Guinea-Bissau with K.Iheanacho grabbing the only goal

After a poor month last time this one was a lot better as his side started with a 4-0 win over Lesotho thanks to a single goal from F.Kessie and a hat-trick from W.Zaha. The following game saw his side beating Zimbabwe 4-0 thanks to goals from I.Sangare, C.Kouame, J.Boga and S.Haller

Sherm (Mali)

The month began with a 3-0 win over Guinea-Bissau with S.Koita grabbing a goal and K.Coulibaly grabbing a brace. The next game saw his side beating Togo 2-1 thanks to goals from K.Coulibaly and L.Coulibaly

WLKRAS (Guinea)

The month started with a 3-0 win over Mauritania with F.Pogba, N.Keita and D.Toure all scoring. The next game saw his side beating Eq.Guinea 2-0 thanks to a goal a piece from S.Soumah and A.Diawara

On 24/02/2021 at 05:41, Mandy42 said:

Where are you Guinea? I can't seem to see you. Must be the cloud cover up here at the top of the mountain 

What was that again? ;)

2 hours ago, WLKRAS said:

What was that again? ;)

That was a month ago! A lot can happen in football, like moving to Zimbabwe and snorting sugar off women's backsides

10 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

That was a month ago! A lot can happen in football, like moving to Zimbabwe and snorting sugar off women's backsides

Now that's a party I'd like to go to...:lol:

November 2022

Affo (Tunisia)

The month began with a 3-0 loss to Ivory Coast. This was followed by a 1-1 draw against Zimbabwe with A.Ben Slimane grabbing the goal

BenArsenal (Senegal)

A very busy month for Ben's side saw his side starting with a 2-1 win over Burkina Faso thanks to a goal from K.Balde and I.Sarr. The following game saw his side beating Comoros 3-2 thanks to a goal from K.Balde and a brace from Y.Badji.

The next game was the start of his World Cup 2022 campaign as his side beat Uzbekistan 3-0 thanks to a brace from K.Diatta and a brace from M'Baye Niang. The next game saw his side facing Germany and his side played bloody well to draw with them 1-1 thanks to a goal from I.Sarr.

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

The month started with a 2-1 win over Lesotho thanks to goals from K.Billiat and M.Nakamba. The following game saw his side drawing 1-1 with Tunisia with M.Bonne scoring

Drogba11CFC (Morocco)

The month started with a 5-1 win in the ANC qualifying thanks to goals from A.Harit, Y.En-Nesyri, R.Saiss and a brace from A.Hakimi. The following game saw his side beating Cape Verde 3-1 thanks to goals from R.Alioui, Y.En-Nesyri and A.Dari.

Now its time for Drogba11CFC's side to go to the World Cup and the first game they played was against France and they were roundly beaten 6-0 by the French, this was followed by a 3-2 win over Australia thanks to goals from H.Ziyech, A.Alioui and A.Hakimi

EvilDave (Angola)

The last two games of the year saw his side beating Liberia 3-0 thanks to a hat-trick from G.Dala. The final game of this year saw his side beating South Sudan 4-1 with a brace from G.Dala and a goal each from F.Abreu and Pana

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

The start of the month saw his side beating Mali 2-0 thanks to goals from W.Ndidi and C.Awaziem. There cause was helped by Mali being reduced to ten men with F.Ballo-Toure being sent off in the 19th minute. The final game of the month saw his side beating Togo 2-1 with K.Iheanacho and V.Osimhen grabbing the goals

The month started with a 3-0 win over Tunisia with R.Assale grabbing a brace and H.Junior Traore. The following game saw his side thrashing Lesotho 4-0 thanks to goals from C.Kouame and a hat-trick from W.Zaha

Sherm (Mali)

Not a great start to the month as his side were beaten 2-0 by Nigeria. His side made up for it in the following game as they beat Guinea-Bissau 5-0 thanks to goals from M.Marega, L.Coulibaly and A.Niane. The other two goals were scored by K.Coulibaly

WLKRAS (Guinea)

Not a great start to the month as his side went down 3-0 to Ghana. The next game though saw his side beating Mauritania 3-0 thanks to goals from F.Kamano, S.Kaba and A.Diawara

Posted (edited)

December 2022

Affo (Tunisia)

No Matches

BenArsenal (Senegal)

His side now faced the final group game in the World Cup as they faced Brazil and despite their best efforts they lost 4-2 with P.Cisse and K.Balde both scoring. With the results in the previous games his side qualified for the World Cup 2nd Rd and a tie against France. Again his side played well but went down 1-0 to the French

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

No Matches

Drogba11CFC (Morocco)

The final game of the Group stage saw his side going down 3-2 to Colombia and his sides two goals were scored by R.Alioui and N.Mazraoui. His side failed to qualify for the next stage of the World Cup

EvilDave (Angola)

No Matches

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

No Matches

No Matches

Sherm (Mali)

No Matches

WLKRAS (Guinea)

No Matches

Edited by mark wilson27
Sorting out an error

March 2023

A couple of friendlies this month sees his side drawing 2-2 with Chile with thanks to goals from M.Be Nasr and M.Drager. The second game however saw his side losing 2-0 to Venezuela

Affo (Tunisia)

No Matches

BenArsenal (Senegal)

Only the one friendly for Zimbabwe as his side beat Niger 2-0 thanks to goals from T.Dzvukamanjo and D.Mukamba

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

Two friendlies for Morocco as they first faced Argentina and lost 3-1 with H.Ziyech scoring the only goal for Morocco. The next friendly saw his side facing Ecuador and they beat them 3-1 with Y.En-Nesyri grabbing a hat-trick

Drogba11CFC (Morocco)

Angola only had the one friendly this month with Niger being the opposition and they thrashed them 5-0 thanks to goals from G.Dala, Rochinha, Zito and a brace from J.Bela.

EvilDave (Angola)

No Matches

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

No Matches

The first friendly of the month saw his side drawing 0-0 with Egypt and this was followed by a 3-2 loss to Ghana with Y.Bissouma and S.Koita both scoring

Sherm (Mali)

A 4-0 friendly win over Namibia started the month with S.Kaba grabbing one goal. M.Camara grabbed a brace and the final goal was an own goal by R.Nyambe. The next game was a 3-1 friendly win over Togo with goals from N.Keita, D.Toure and M.Camara

WLKRAS (Guinea)

April 2023

The draw for the African Cup of Nations 2023 has taken place and is as follows:

Group A: Cameroon, South Africa, Tunisia (Affo), Zimbabwe (CFuller)

Group B: Benin, Cape Verde, Guinea (WLKRAS), Nigeria (Gavrenwick)

Group C: Algeria, Angola (EvilDave), Ghana, Tanzania

Group D: Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Morocco (Drogba11CFC)

Group E: DR Congo, Ivory Coast (markwilson27), Madagascar, Uganda

Group F: Congo, Libya, Mali (Sherm)

10 hours ago, BenArsenal said:

Wait so what happened to my World Cup campaign?

EDIT: I think you got the team/update order mixed up mate.

Bugger will sort it when i wake up

21 hours ago, BenArsenal said:

Wait so what happened to my World Cup campaign?

EDIT: I think you got the team/update order mixed up mate.

Ben please note I have edited the previous posts. I had put your campaign up but for some reason changed the way I formatted it so it looked like it was Affo's matches being played not yours. If you get what I mean

June 2023

Managers Remaining (9/15) (Friendlies)

Affo (Tunisia)

His side started the month with a 5-1 friendly loss to Argentina with the only goal coming from I.Jebali. The next friendly saw his side losing 2-1 to Guinea with E.Skhiri grabbing his sides only goal.

BenArsenal (Senegal)

A 3-2 friendly win over Australia started the month with I.Sarr and M.Kone both scoring. The next friendly saw his side beating Ivory Coast 4-0 thanks to two goals from M'Baye Niang, I.Sarr and M.Coulibaly. His side was even down to ten men for the majority of the match

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

The month began with a 3-0 win over Reunion thanks to goals from K.Musona, M.Nakamba and K.Billiat. His side were also down to ten men from the 12th minute. The next friendly saw his side beating Botswana 4-0 thanks to goals from W.Musona, K.Mahachi, K.Musona and T.Darikwa

Drogba11CFC (Morocco)

Just the one friendly for Morocco as his side beat Egypt 3-2 thanks to a brace from S.Amrabat and M.Mahi

EvilDave (Angola)

Two friendlies for EvilDave's side as they beat Rwanda 2-0 thanks to goals from J.Bela and G.Dala, however the next friendly saw his side losing 3-0 thanks to Cameroon

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

The month began with a 2-0 loss to Brazil but he followed this with a 6-0 win over Eq.Guinea. The goals were scored by J.Onomah, V.Boniface and brace apiece from J.Aribo and K.Iheanacho

Not a great start to the month saw his side losing 3-1 to Uruguay with H.Junior Traore scoring the only goal and this was followed by a 4-0 loss to Senegal

Sherm (Mali)

The month only had one friendly with his side beating Gabon 3-1 thanks to goals from K.Coulibaly, M.Marega and N.Dicko

WLKRAS (Guinea)

The only friendly of the month saw his side beating Tunisia 2-1 thanks to goals from S.Soumah and M.Camara

On 12/04/2021 at 21:29, mark wilson27 said:

Ben please note I have edited the previous posts. I had put your campaign up but for some reason changed the way I formatted it so it looked like it was Affo's matches being played not yours. If you get what I mean

Aye, saw that now. :thup:

African Cup of Nations 2023:

June 23rd:

Cameroon v Zimbabwe (CFuller)

Not the start CFuller wanted for his side as they were beaten 2-1 by the favourites Cameroon. J.Nsame and D.Poha scored for Cameroon whilst T.Kadewere scored for Zimbabwe

Cameroon 2-1 Zimbabwe

June 24th:

South Africa v Tunisia (Affo)

A great start t the campaign for Affo's side as they beat South Africa 4-0 thanks to a brace from T.Khenissi and a goal apiece from M.Drager and J.Dudziak

South Africa 0-4 Tunisia

Guinea (WLKRAS) v Cape Verde

Not the that WLKRAS would have wanted as his side went down 2-1 to Cape Verde. Cape Verde's goals were scored by Djaniny and J.Monteiro. Guinea's goals were scored by S.Kaba

Guinea 1-2 Cape Verde

Nigeria (Gavrenwick) v Benin

More was expected by Nigeria and their manager as they drew 1-1 with Benin. Benin's goal was scored by S.D'Ameida and Nigeria's goal was scored by K.Iheanacho

Nigeria 1-1 Benin

June 25th:

Angola (EvilDave) v Ghana

Not the start that EvilDave had wanted as his side went down 1-0 to Ghana as J.Ayew scored in the 18th minute. Hopefully his side will improve for the following two games

Angola 0-1 Ghana

Morocco (Drogba11CFC) v Burkina Faso

A good start for Drogba's side as they made light work of Burkina Faso with Y.En-Nesyri scoring one goal and the other two goals were scored by M.Mahi

Morocco 3-0 Burkina Faso

June 26th:

Ivory Coast (markwilson27) v DR Congo

A tight game for markwilson27's side as they struggled to break down a stubborn Congo side but in the 89th minute W.Boly grabbed what turned out to be the winner for markwilson27's side

Ivory Coast 1-0 DR Congo

June 27th:

Senegal (BenArsenal) v Mali (Sherm)

Despite an early goal by M.Marega for Mali, they still lost two one with BenArsenal's side coming back to win two one thanks to goals from K.Balde and M.Niang

Senegal 2-1 Mali

June 28th:

Zimbabwe (CFuller) v South Africa

Despite South Africa's dominance they struggled to break down CFuller's side. South Africa grabbed an early lead with T.Mokoena grabbing an early goal but Zimbabwe grabbed the equaliser with T.Kadewere heading late in the game

Zimbabwe 1-1 South Africa

Tunisia (Affo) v Cameroon

Affo's side made light work of the favourites with a 3-1 win. Cameroon did grab the early goal as I.Ganago fired in but Tunisia came back fighting with a brace from W.Khazri and a single goal from E.Skhiri

Tunisia 3-1 Cameroon

Cape Verde v Nigeria (Gavrenwick)

Another dodgy performance by Gavrenwick's side as they drew 2-2 with Cape Verde. Nigeria did take an early two goal lead with V.Osimhen and K.Iheanacho both scoring. However Cape Verde came back with Djaniny and H.Tavares grabbing the goals

Cape Verde 2-2 Nigeria

June 29th:

Benin v Guinea (WLKRAS)

Another poor result for WLKRAS's side as they lost 2-1 to Benin. Benin's goals were scored by J.Bessan and S.Mounie whilst Guinea's goal was an early effort my S.Soumah

Benin 2-1 Guinea

Tanzania v Angola (EvilDave)

Angola had the better start as they took a two goal lead thanks to a brace from G.Dala but it went wrong from their as S.Msuva and M.Samatta grabbed the goals to give Tanzania a draw

Tanzania 2-2 Angola

June 30th:

Egypt v Drogba11CFC (Morocco)

Morocco were made to work for the win with Egypt grabbing two early goals thanks to R.Sobhi and M.Mohamed. However Morocco fought back and grabbed all three points thanks to goals from R.Alioui, Y.En-Nesyri and M.Mahi

Egypt 2-3 Morocco

July 1st:

Uganda v Ivory Coast (markwilson27)

Ivory Coast controlled the game with ease and managed to beat Uganda 2-0 thanks to a penalty from F.Kessi and a late goal from W.Zaha

Uganda 0-2 Ivory Coast

Libya v Senegal (BenArsenal)

Senegal made light work of Libya as they piled forward at every chance. In the end the score didn't do Senegal justice as they beat them 3-0 with I.Sarr, M.Niang and K.Diatta scoring the goals.

Libya 0-3 Senegal

Mali (Sherm) v Congo

Mali went down to an early goal from S.Ganvoula but came back fighting and earnt all three points thanks to goals from Y.Bissouma and N.Dicko.

Mali 2-1 Congo

July 2nd:

Zimbabwe (CFuller) v Tunisia (Affo)

A drab game between the two forum members as they only managed two shots between them. In the end they cancelled each other out for a 0-0 draw. The result saw Tunisia progressing to the next round top of the table however Zimbabwe finished the group in third place and out of the competition

Zimbabwe 0-0 Tunisia

July 3rd:

Guinea (WLKRAS) v Nigeria (Gavrenwick)

Another tight game between two of our forum members. It was Nigeria who took the early lead as K.Iheanacho slotted in from close range. However Guinea reacted well and F.Kamano equalised the game to give them a share of the points. The result leave Nigeria finishing third on the group and qualifying for the next round whilst Guinea finished bottom of the table and out of the competition

Guinea 1-1 Nigeria

July 4th:

Algeria v Angola (EvilDave)

Algeria grabbed the lead in the 18th minute thanks to an A.Delort goal but this was cancelled out in the 74th minute thanks to F.Abreu. The result leaves Angola in third place but out of the competition.

Algeria 1-1 Angola

Ethiopia v Morocco (Drogba11CFC)

Morocco came back from an early setback which saw S.Said scoring for Ethiopia in the 6th minute. The comeback saw Morocco scoring three thanks to goals from R.Alioui and a brace from Y.En-Nesyri. The result leaves Morocco top of their table and through to the next round of the competition

Ethiopia 1-3 Morocco

July 5th:

Ivory Coast (markwilson27) v Madagascar

An easy victory for Ivory Coast as they cruised to a 3-0 win over Madagascar thanks to goals from W.Zaha, N.Pepe and H.Traore. The result see markwilson27's side qualifying for the next stage top of the group.

Ivory Coast 3-0 Madagascar

Mali (Sherm) v Libya

Mali were made to work for their win as they beat Libya 3-2 thanks to goals from K.Coulibaly, L.Coulibaly and A.Haidara. Libya's goals came from A.Benali and H.Elhouni. The result see Mali finishing 2nd in the group and through to the next round

Mali 3-2 Libya

Senegal (BenArsenal) v Congo

A tough match for Senegal as they struggled to break down a stubborn Congo side. They eventually grabbed the winner on the 87th minute thanks to a M.Niang penalty which saw P.Oniangue being sent off for a foul in the area. Ben's side managed to qualify with a perfect record

Senegal 1-0 Congo

African Cup of Nations Second Rd Draw

Cameroon v Algeria

Cape Verde v Burkina Faso

Morocco (Drogba11CFC) v Nigeria (Gavrenwick)

Tunisia (Affo) v Uganda

Ghana v Libya

DR Congo v Senegal (BenArsenal)

Egypt v Ivory Coast (markwilson27)

Mali (Sherm)v Benin

• 2 weeks later...

July 8th: (Second Rd)

Morocco (Drogba11CFC) v Nigeria (Gavrenwick)

Morocco took the early lead with R.Alioui grabbed a goal on the 12th minute. However on the 59th minute Morocco were reduced to ten men after A.Hakimi was sent off. Ten minutes later W.Troost-Ekong equalised. The game went to extra time and on the 118th minute Nigeria's P.Etebo grabbed the winner to send Gavrenwick's side through

Morocco 1-2 Nigeria (aet)

July 9th: (Second Rd)

Tunisia (Affo) v Uganda

Tunisia started the better and took the lead on the 12th minute thanks to a goal from Y.Chamakhi. Tunisia continued to pile on the pressure and just before the break J.Dudziak grabbed a second goal. The second half was a lot tighter with the only action seeing Uganda pulling a late goal back thanks to M.Waiswa

Tunisia 2-1 Uganda

DR Congo v Senegal (BenArsenal)

DR Congo took a surprise early lead with a low shot from S.Wamangituka but this was about it for DR Congo. After the goal Senegal upped the gears and on the 28th minute M.Niang fired in low past the keeper. Twelve minutes later they were in the lead as K.Diatta headed in. The second half was a tight affair and on the 77th minute M.Niang grabbed his second of the game to send Senegal through.,

DR Congo 1-3 Senegal

July 10th: (Second Rd)

Egypt v Ivory Coast (markwilson27)

A poor start saw Egypt taking the lead with a strike from M.Mohamed but this was soon cancelled out by S.Meite. After this Ivory Coast coasted the game and won it late on with H.Traore firing low past the keeper

Egypt 1-2 Ivory Coast

Mali (Sherm) v Benin

Mali battered Benin 4-1 with a brace of first half goals from M.Marega. Benin pulled a goal back with J.Bessan heading in. The second half was all Mali and D.Samassekou scored a brace to give them a 4-1 win

Mali 4-1 Benin

African Cup of Nations ¼ Final

Cameroon v Nigeria (Gavrenwick)

Cape Verde v Senegal (BenArsenal)

Ghana v Ivory Coast (markwilson27)

Tunisia (Affo) v Sherm (Mali)

July 11th: (¼ Final)

Cameroon v Nigeria (Gavrenwick)

Nigeria made it look easy as they beat Cameroon 2-0 win thanks to goals either side of the half from K.Iheanacho and V.Osimhen to send Gavrenwick's side into the Semi Finals

Cameroon 0-2 Nigeria

July 12th: (¼ Final)

Cape Verde v Senegal (BenArsenal)

A brilliant game for the neutrals as the sides shared five goals between them. Cape Verde grabbed an early lead with Stopira scoring but this was followed by I.Sarr equalising. Senegal then took the lead with M.Niang doing the honours but Ponck equalised for Cape Verde. The winning goal was scored late in the game as K.Balde fired in low for Senegal

Cape Verde 2-3 Senegal

July 13th: (¼ Final)

Ghana v Ivory Coast (markwilson27)

Another excellent game attacking wise as both sides shared nine goals in total. Ivory Coast grabbed the lead thanks to N.Pepe and this was followed by a second Ivory Coast goal from H.Traore. Ghana did pull a goal back from J.Ayew and he levelled the game before the half time whistle. The second half saw Ivory Coast retake the lead from C.Kouame. S.Meite then made it 4-2 for Ivory Coast before F.Acheampong pulled a goal back for Ghana. The game was levelled with ten minutes remaining with J.Ayew completing his hat-trick. The winning goal was scored by J.Ayew to make it four goals for him and five for Ghana

Ghana 5-4 Ivory Coast

July 14th: (¼ Final)

Tunisia (Affo) v Mali (Sherm)

The final ¼ Final and it sees two of our managers going head to head. Unfortunately for Affo his players didn't perform and his side went out 3-1 to Sherm's Mali. It was Tunisia who took the lead thanks to W.Khazri but it went down hill from their as M.Marega grabbed a brace for Mali and this was followed by a late goal from K.Coulibaly

Tunisia 1-3 Mali

African Cup of Nations Semi Final

Nigeria (Gavrenwick) v Senegal (BenArsenal)

Ghana v Mali (Sherm)

• 3 weeks later...

July 17th: (Semi Final)

Nigeria (Gavrenwick) v Senegal (BenArsenal)

Senegal started the better and took the lead on the 13th minute thanks to a penalty from I.Sarr. The rest of the first half was a midfield battle with neither side coming close to scoring. The second half was alittle better as Nigeria levelled on the hour mark thanks to K.Iheanacho but the Nigerian defence let themselves down as soon after I.Sarr grabbed the winning goal to send BenArsenal's side through to the final

Nigeria 1-2 Senegal

July 18th: (Semi Final)

Ghana v Mali (Sherm)

A real dire Semi Final for the fans that showed up with no real football of sorts in the first half. The second half wasn't much better with more dire play and it was fitting that the only goal scored was a fluke from Y.Bissouma which bounced over the keeper due to a divot in the area.

Ghana 0-1 Mali

July 21st:

Ghana v Nigeria (Gavrenwick) (Third Placed Play-Off)

Nigeria battered the Ghana side with real ease and on the 3rd minute they took the lead thanks to V.Osimhen, this was followed on the 17th minute by V.Boniface. With three minutes remaining in the half V.Osimhen headed home his second of the game. The second half was all Nigeria and with ten minutes left in the game V.Osimhen completed his hat-trick to complete a 4-0 win

Ghana 0-4 Nigeria

Mali (Sherm) v Senegal (BenArsenal) (Final)

It was Senegal that started the better and on the 17th minute K.Koulibaly gave them the lead with a low shot past the keeper. Twelve minutes later it was two nil with M.Kone beating the offside trap and rounding the keeper to fire into the empty net. The second half was much the same but it was Mali who struck first as A.Traore fired in from the penalty spot to give Mali some hope. However their hope was short lived as on the 74th minute K.Balde hit a thunderous effort into the top corner. Just to rub salt into the wounds Senegal grabbed a fourth goal with I.Sarr slotting in after a great team move to five BenArsenal the African Cup of Nations

Mali 1-4 Senegal

With the end of the African Cup of Nations came the usual cull of managers. This time only three managers were given their marching orders and are as follows

| Place  | Manager       | Team (s)     | Sacked/Resigned | Played | Won | Drawn | Lost | For | Against | Win % | 
|  7th   | WLKRAS        | Guinea       | 21/7/23 (s)     |  32    |  21 |   3   |   8  |  73 |   37    |  65   | 
|  8th   | Drogba11CFC   | Morocco      | 21/7/23 (s)     |  39    |  25 |   6   |   8  |  93 |   53    |  64   | 
|  9th   | markwilson27  | Ivory Coast  | 21/7/23 (r)     |  34    |  21 |   6   |   7  |  86 |   44    |  61   | 

September 2023:

Managers Remaining (6/15)

Affo (Tunisia)

The month began with a 2-1 friendly loss against Congo with W.Khazri grabbing the only goal for his side. The second friendly saw his side losing again this time to Ecuador with Y.Chamakhi and W.Khazri both scoring.

BenArsenal (Senegal)

Only the one friendly this month as his side beat Bolivia 3-2 thanks to a brace from M'Baye Niang and the other goal was scored by Y.Badji

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

One friendly for CFuller's side as his team were duly beaten 4-0 against Sherm's Mali.

EvilDave (Angola)

No matches this month

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

The first friendly of the month saw his side losing 2-1 against Burkina Faso with K.Iheanacho grabbing his sides only goal. They made up for the loss in the next friendly as they beat Paraguay 3-1 thanks to goals from F.Onyeka, V.Osimhen and J.Onomah

Sherm (Mali)

Just the one friendly for Sherm's side as they beat Zimbabwe with ease. The goals were scored by M.Marega who grabbed a brace and the other were by Y.Bissouma and S.Koita

• 2 weeks later...

October 2023

Affo (Tunisia)

The month began with a 5-0 friendly win over Burundi with M.Ben Nasr, E.Skhiri and B.Srarfi all scoring a goal, the other two goals were scored by F.Chaouat. The next friendly saw his side beating Malawi 4-0 with a brace a piece from F.Chaouat and M.Ben Nasr

BenArsenal (Senegal)

Algeria were the first friendly opponents for Senegal and Ben's side beat them 2-1 thanks to goals from Y.Badji and I.Mbaye. The next friendly saw his side drawing 1-1 against Ireland with M'Baye Niang grabbing the equaliser

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

A 3-0 friendly win over Guinea started the month as K.Billiat, T.Kadewere and K.Mahachi all scoring. The next friendly saw his side beating Benin 2-0 thanks to a brace from T.Kadewere

EvilDave (Angola)

Just the one friendly for Angola as they drew 1-1 against Cape Verde thanks to a late equaliser from G.Dala

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

Only one friendly this month as Gavrenwick's side faced the USA, his side performed brilliantly to beat them 3-1 thanks to goals from W.Ndidi, V.Osimhen and K.Iheanacho

Sherm (Mali)

The month started with a 5-0 thrashing of Cape Verde with Y.Bissouma, S.Koita and a hat-trick from M.Marega. The next friendly saw his side beating Eq Guinea 4-2 with D.Samassekou scoring one and M.Marega grabbing a hat-trick

November 2023

Affo (Tunisia)

Tunisia faced a two legged World Cup Qualifying Second Rd this month against Botswana and the first leg was away from home. Affo's side managed to win the first leg 2-0 thanks to goals from Y.Chamakhi and W.Khazri. The second leg saw his side beating them 4-0 with A.Layouni, Y.Chamakhi, N.Hnid and A Ben Slimane to record a 6-0 aggregate victory

BenArsenal (Senegal)

Senegal also had a two legged Qualifying 2nd Rd against Chad and they started with a 4-0 home win thanks to a hat-trick from M'Baye Niang and a single goal from Y.Badji. The second leg saw his side winning 5-0 thanks to a hat-trick from Y.Badji and a goal a piece from I.Sarr and M'Baye Niang to see his side qualify 9-0 on aggregate

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

Zimbabwe faced Malawi in their two legged second round and the first leg saw his side beating them 3-1 thanks to a brace from T.Kadewere and a goal from T.Darikwa. The second half leg was a walk over as his side beat Malawi 4-0 thanks to a goal from K.Musona and a hat-trick from T.Kadewere. The results saw his side qualifying 7-1 on aggregate

EvilDave (Angola)

EvilDave's side faced a two legged tie with Eq. Guinea and the first leg saw his side beating them 1-0 away from home with a goal from G.Dala. The second leg saw his side beating them 3-1 with a hat-trick from G.Dala in front of the home crowd

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

Nigeria faced Liberia in the two legged affair with the first leg being at home. Gavrenwick's side won the first leg 2-0 thanks to goals from K.Iheanacho and F.Onyeka. The second leg was a one sided affair as they beat Liberia 3-1 with a brace from K.Iheanacho and a goal from K.Akpoguma

Sherm (Mali)

Sherm's side faced a two legged match against Madagascar to progress into the next round and with the first leg being at home they beat them 3-1 thanks to goals from K.Coulibaly, S.Koita and I.Fomba. The second leg saw his side beating them again this time 3-0 thanks to a goal from S.Koita and brace from K.Coulibaly

The draw for the African Cup of Nations Qualifying stage has taken place and is as follows:

Only showing groups with remaining managers

Group B: Ethiopia, Senegal (BenArsenal), Zambia, Zimbabwe (CFuller)

Group C: Kenya, Mali (Sherm), Tanzania, Tunisia (Affo)

Group J: Libya, Madagascar, Niger, Nigeria (Gavrenwick)

Group K: Angola (EvilDave), Benin, Lesotho, Rwanda

• 2 weeks later...

2024:

Affo (Tunisia)

The year began with a 2-1 win over Kenya in the African Nations Cup qualifier with A.B Simane scoring both of his sides goal. The second game however saw his side losing 3-1 to Mali with T.Yassine Khenissi grabbing the only goal for his side. His side are currently second in the table after two games

BenArsenal (Senegal)

The month began with a qualifying double header, the first game saw his side beating Zambia 3-1 thanks to a brace from M'Baye Niang and a single goal from Y.Badji. The second game saw his side again winning 3-1 this time against Zimbabwe with I.Sarr grabbing a goal and a brace from Y.Badji. His side finished the double header top of hos qualifying group

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

A 4-0 win over Ethiopia started the year with T.Dzvukamanja scoring a goal and a hat-trick from T.Kadewere. The following game saw his side losing 3-1 to Senegal with T.Kadewere grabbing his only goal. The results sees his side placed in third place

EvilDave (Angola)

Angola got off to a cracking start in qualifying as they beat Rwanda 9-0 thanks to goals from Zito, A.Lucoqui, F.Abreu, Rochinha. Their was also a brace from Yano and a hat-trick from G.Dala. They followed this up with a 3-0 win over Lesotho thanks to goals from F.Abreu, Zito and Yano. The results leaves his side top of the group

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

A 3-0 win over Libya started qualifying with P.O.Mukairu, S.Chukwueze and F.Onyeka all scoring. The following game though saw his side struggle to a 1-1 draw against Madagascar with B.Adekanye grabbing a late equaliser. The results sees his side top of the table on goal difference

Sherm (Mali)

Mali began qualifying with a 6-0 win over Tanzania thanks to a brace a piece from S.Koita and K.Coulibaly. The other goals were scored by M.Djenepo and A.Haidara. The result leaves Sherms side top of the table

June 2024:

Affo (Tunisia)

The first game of the month was a friendly against USA and his side beat the 2-1 thanks to goals from M.B Nasr and A.Layouni, the following friendly of the month saw his side beating Greece 2-1 aswell with N.Hnid and F.Chaouat doing the honours

BenArsenal (Senegal)

Just the one friendly this month as Senegal drew 1-1 with Iceland thank to a late equaliser from M.Coulibaly

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

The only friendly of the month saw his side beating Burundi 3-0 thanks to goals from T.Dzvukamanjo and a brace from M.Nakamba.

EvilDave (Angola)

The only game of the month saw his side losing 2-0 to Mozambique in a friendly

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

Two friendly games this month saw his side beating Qatar 3-1 thank to a brace from K.Iheanacho and W.Ndidi. The next game saw his side beating Mozambique 4-0 thanks to a brace from V.Osimhen and another brace from K.Iheanacho

Sherm (Mali)

A 2-0 friendly loss against Ukraine was the only game for Sherm's side

• 3 weeks later...

September 2024:

Affo (Tunisia)

The month began with a 3-0 win over Tanzania in the African Nations qualifying group with A.Layouni scoring one and T.Y Khenissi grabbing a brace. The next qualifier saw his side beating Kenya 4-0 thanks to a goal a piece from T.Y Khenissi and N.Sliti, the other two goals came from M.B Nasr. The result sees his side second in the group and qualified for the finals with two games remaining

BenArsenal (Senegal)

Two qualifying games this month saw his side beating Ethiopia 5-0 thanks to a brace from I.Sarr, the other goals were scored by M.Coulibaly, Y.Badji and K.Balde. The next game saw his side beating Zambia 3-1 with M.Coulibaly, K.Balde and S.Sane all scoring. The results sees his side top of the table and qualified for the finals

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

The first game of the month saw his side losing 4-1 to Zambia and CFuller's sides only goal came from T.Kadewere. The next game was a lot better as his side beat Ethiopia 4-0 thanks to goals from T.Kadewere, K.Musona, M.Nakamba and T.Dzvukamanjo. The result leaves his side in third place with two games remaining

EvilDave (Angola)

The start of the month saw his side beating Benin 2-1 in the qualifying stage thanks to a brace from G.Dala. The next game saw his side beat Lesotho 2-0 thanks to goals from F.Abreu and G.Dala. The results sees his side top of the table and qualified for the following stage

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

A 4-0 qualifying win over Niger started the qualifying month thanks to goals from W.Ndidi, S.Chukwueze and a brace from V.Osimhen. Their cause was helped by M.Abdeikader getting sent off in the 18th minute. The next game saw his side drawing 1-1 against Libya with S.Chukwueze grabbing the equaliser. The results sees his side top of the table with two games remaining

Sherm (Mali)

The month began with a 3-0 win over Kenya thanks to goals from D.Samassekou, S.Koita and K.Coulibaly. The next qualifying game saw his side beating Tanzania 2-1 thanks to a goal a piece from K.Coulibaly and Y.Bissouma. The results sees his side top of the table and qualified for the main tournament

October 2024:

Affo (Tunisia)

This month games were two World Cup Qualifiers and it started with a 1-1 draw against Burkina Faso with N.Sliti grabbing the equaliser. The next game saw his side again drawing 1-1 this time against Ghana with W.Khazri doing the honours with the goal. The two draws sees his side in 2nd place in the table

BenArsenal (Senegal)

Ben's World Cup qualifying campaign saw his side starting with a 3-2 win over Egypt as M'Baye Niang grabbing a goal and the other two coming from Y.Badji. The next game saw his side drawing 1-1 with Guinea-Bissau with I,I.Gueye grabbing the goal for his side. The results sees his side top of the table for now

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

The first game of the World Cup Qualifying saw CFuller's side losing 3-2 against Angola with K.Mahachi and T.Kadewere grabbing the other goal. The other game didn't go to plan aswell as his side were thumped 5-0 by The Gambia. The results sees his side bottom of the table after two games

EvilDave (Angola)

Angola began their World Cup Campaign with a 3-2 win over Zimbabwe with F.Abreu, Zito and G.Dala all scoring. The next game however saw his side losing 2-1 against Ivory Coast with G.Dala grabbing the only goal for his side. The results leaves his side third in the table

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

A 1-1 draw against Morocco started the World Cup campaign with K.Iheanacho grabbing the equaliser for his side. The second game saw his side beating Mali 3-1 thanks to goals from S.Chukwueze, W.Ndidi and V.Osimhen. The results leaves his side top of the table

Sherm (Mali)

Sherm's side began the World Cup qualifying with a 3-0 win over Comoros with a brace from M.Marega and a single goal from A.Dante. The next result though saw his side losing to Nigeria 3-1 with Y.Bissouma grabbing his sides only goal. The result leaves his side third in the group

November 2024:

Affo (Tunisia)

Back to African Nations Cup duty this month with a 2-1 loss to Mali with A.Ben Slimane grabbing his sides only goal. The next game saw his side beating Tanzania 2-0 with M.Talbi and G.Chaalai both scoring. The result sees his side qualifying for the next round top of the table

BenArsenal (Senegal)

The first game of the month saw his side beating Zimbabwe 3-1 thanks to a brace from M.Kone and a single goal from M.Coulibaly. The next game saw his side beating Ethiopia thanks to goals from K.Diatta, K.Balde and M'Baye Niang. The result sees his side qualifying for the next stage top of the table

CFuller (Zimbabwe)

The first game of the month saw his side losing 3-1 to Senegal with M.Bonne grabbing the only goal. The next game saw his side drawing 2-2 with Zambia with T.Kadewere and T.Dzvukamanja both scoring. The result sees his side failing to qualify for the next round after finishing third in the group.

EvilDave (Angola)

A 4-1 win over Rwanda started the double header this month with E.Simoes grabbing a goal and G.Dala grabbing a hat-trick. The next game though saw his side losing 2-1 to Benin with E.Simoes grabbing the only goal. Luckily for EvilDave his side still qualified top of the table

Gavrenwick (Nigeria)

The month began with a 5-0 win over Niger thanks to a brace from S.Chukwueze and a hat-trick from V.Osimhen. The next game saw his side beating Madagascar 4-0 with goals from J.Aribo, W.Ndidi and a brace from V.Osimhen. The result sees his side qualifying top of the table.

Sherm (Mali)

The month began with a 2-1 win over Tunisia thanks to goals from M.Djenepo and K.Coulibaly. The next game saw his side beating Kenya 4-0 thanks to a brace from S.Koita and a goal a piece from A.Haidara and K.Coulibaly. The results sees his side qualifying for the next stage

The draw for the African Cup of Nations 2025 has taken place and is as follows: (Will only be showing active managers)

Group A: Cameroon, Senegal (BenArsenal),South Africa, The Gambia

Group B: Central African Rep., Ghana, Nigeria (Gavrenwick), Zambia

Group D: Morocco, Togo, Tunisia (Affo), Uganda

Group E: Algeria, Angola (EvilDave), Ivory Coast, Libya

Group F: Benin, Congo, Egypt, Mali (Sherm)