When my player spawned in the intake at age 15, I gave him the maximum available contract (3 years  + 3 extra). He just turned 17 in September, finally signing the contract he had agreed to 2 years before. When I went to him to sign a new deal, he didn’t want to (as he had just signed one), which is expected. However, there is no option to trigger the 3 year extension, even though he has one in his contract. It is now January, and I am still unable to trigger the extension. 

• SI Staff

A contract extension clause cannot be triggered if it is going to take the player above the maximum allowed contract length. 

For example if your club allow a max contract length of 4 years and you sign a player to a 3-year deal with a 3-year extension, the clause cannot be triggered until the player is into the last year of his deal. 

This was to prevent scenario's where the user could put a player onto an unrealistically long contract. 

Cheers,

Ben 

3 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

A contract extension clause cannot be triggered if it is going to take the player above the maximum allowed contract length. 

For example if your club allow a max contract length of 4 years and you sign a player to a 3-year deal with a 3-year extension, the clause cannot be triggered until the player is into the last year of his deal. 

This was to prevent scenario's where the user could put a player onto an unrealistically long contract. 

Cheers,

Ben 

He currently has 6 months left on his contract

Edited by Gbrexiton

22 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

In that case could you upload your save game to our cloud service and we will take a look. 

Once the save game has been uploaded could you let us know the name of the save. 

FC Energie Cottbus (v02).fm

Game date should be January 1, 2027 (If it isn't I uploaded the wrong one)

Hopefully I did this right as I have not done this before...

The player in question is Robert Rogic 04a