defensively vulnerable need help

Umm. I mean your tactic is quite simple, doesn't seem very risky and the role distribution is quite conservative. How are the goals scored against you? Do you notice any pattern?

If your issue its vs slow attack when defending in shape I could suggest maybe lowering the LoE one notch for extra compacteness. This restricts space better but can make you a bit more passive. I would add some agressive defensive instruction to compensate, fiven you would be defending quite deep. If your team is good (and recognizing some of the names there it certainly seems like) they can compensate a lot. Things like get stuck in or tighter marking work well in this kind of defences if quality is good. A bit extra pressure urgency (at least as a PI for those players outside the D line) can help you giving the opposition less time to think and try to find the hole in your defence. Check if your players are suited for that though.

7 minutes ago, Jervaj said:

Umm. I mean your tactic is quite simple, doesn't seem very risky and the role distribution is quite conservative. How are the goals scored against you? Do you notice any pattern?

If your issue its vs slow attack when defending in shape I could suggest maybe lowering the LoE one notch for extra compacteness. This restricts space better but can make you a bit more passive. I would add some agressive defensive instruction to compensate, fiven you would be defending quite deep. If your team is good (and recognizing some of the names there it certainly seems like) they can compensate a lot. Things like get stuck in or tighter marking work well in this kind of defences if quality is good. A bit extra pressure urgency (at least as a PI for those players outside the D line) can help you giving the opposition less time to think and try to find the hole in your defence. Check if your players are suited for that though.

i guess more urgent pressing could be added and the patterns of goals are usually from a throw in get passed to the edge of the box long shot goal, and mainly crosses and yes my team is good now we are now predicted the finish 6th but the way the last half of the season is going may end up dropping out of EC places lol 

1 hour ago, Westbrom2020 said:

i guess more urgent pressing could be added and the patterns of goals are usually from a throw in get passed to the edge of the box long shot goal, and mainly crosses and yes my team is good now we are now predicted the finish 6th but the way the last half of the season is going may end up dropping out of EC places lol 

You dont neccesarilly need to use the TI and may be better suited with PI's to implement a split block. Depends on what you see and want to achieve.

However the kinds of goals you are conceding make me curious. Crosses and long shots are by default risky chances, and ones you would rather face than others. Are they getting those too freely?

In the case of crosses, are you finding opposition wide players have a lot of space to run because of a gap in your defence (maybe after you lose the ball or otheriwse)? Are they crossing unopposed? When the crosses, do you have good numbers in the box comapred to them to contest? Are you CDs good in the air?

Long shots been a problem feels out of place given their nature and that you have a shielding defensive oriented DM in front of the defence. Even if the CDs were stand offish they shouldn't be able t shot so freely. Do you find your DMC dragged out of position often?

Are your issues overall on quick transitions or when defending in shape? Throw ins suggest in shape, but I find very surprising that crosses and long shots are a problem for your formation when in shape.

Im now myself using a tactic that by design faces a good relative number of both. In my case it doesnt worry me because if the opposition is mostly crossing and long shoting it means it is working well, and its not been an issue.

5 minutes ago, Jervaj said:

You dont neccesarilly need to use the TI and may be better suited with PI's to implement a split block. Depends on what you see and want to achieve.

However the kinds of goals you are conceding make me curious. Crosses and long shots are by default risky chances, and ones you would rather face than others. Are they getting those too freely?

In the case of crosses, are you finding opposition wide players have a lot of space to run because of a gap in your defence (maybe after you lose the ball or otheriwse)? Are they crossing unopposed? When the crosses, do you have good numbers in the box comapred to them to contest? Are you CDs good in the air?

Long shots been a problem feels out of place given their nature and that you have a shielding defensive oriented DM in front of the defence. Even if the CDs were stand offish they shouldn't be able t shot so freely. Do you find your DMC dragged out of position often?

Are your issues overall on quick transitions or when defending in shape? Throw ins suggest in shape, but I find very surprising that crosses and long shots are a problem for your formation when in shape.

Im now myself using a tactic that by design faces a good relative number of both. In my case it doesnt worry me because if the opposition is mostly crossing and long shoting it means it is working well, and its not been an issue.

Yes crosses are a problem my fullback most of the time tackle the player yet they still go through, both my cb are great in the air and quite frankly both are world class and will definitely be leaving me soon, and yes its mostly in shape where i struggle which is why i refrained from pressing as i didn't want my players to be caught out position but its either like i said a cross, throw in that ends up in a long shot and occasionally a through ball. where we was solid at the start of the season its like we completely forgot how to defend. now mentality wise i like to change game to game if i feel its a tough game its balanced, a game i should win positive both of these worked perfectly and i do have what i believe good knowledge on mentality however now i'm just lost and confused 

59 minutes ago, Westbrom2020 said:

Yes crosses are a problem my fullback most of the time tackle the player yet they still go through, both my cb are great in the air and quite frankly both are world class and will definitely be leaving me soon, and yes its mostly in shape where i struggle which is why i refrained from pressing as i didn't want my players to be caught out position but its either like i said a cross, throw in that ends up in a long shot and occasionally a through ball. where we was solid at the start of the season its like we completely forgot how to defend. now mentality wise i like to change game to game if i feel its a tough game its balanced, a game i should win positive both of these worked perfectly and i do have what i believe good knowledge on mentality however now i'm just lost and confused 

Tackle but still go through? You mean like he fails the tackle and the wide attacker gets around him and crosses freely them?

If thats a behaviour I saw repeatdely I would maybe try to use OIs on the wide players making the crosses to tackle them softer/stay on feet but always press, so your fullbacks focus on making them more difficult to cross instead of aiming to recover the ball and riskying getting surpassed. Im still surprised  that in shape your defence isnt knocking most of those crosses away though ficen its quality. 

Another option against both crosses and through passes would be to defend deeper, but is not like you are playing high, and a team of your quality shouldn't need to go even deeper. It would also make more likely to have issues with long shots.