Playing with fake players

I asked this question in the skinning hideout but nobody replied so I thought I'd try again here. If I start a game using fake players my facepack does not map the images to the players' UIDs. Does anybody know why this is and also is it possible to make the facepack work?

Why would you want to have the facepack work if it's fake players out of interest?

If it isn't working, then clearly there's something under the hood when you choose that.  I expect all the players are given IDs different to what they would be normally, even if they do share attributes and the like.  The only thing tying an image to a player is that unique ID, so unless it's as simple as them saying "don't load facepacks or images of any kind", then they must have changed the ID.  What happens if you tick the box that shows you the unique ID?  Is it the same across real and fake?

57 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

So the fake Messi would have Messi's face? 

All I can think of is the IDs are different which means the config file wouldn't link the face to the player.

51 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Why would you want to have the facepack work if it's fake players out of interest?

If it isn't working, then clearly there's something under the hood when you choose that.  I expect all the players are given IDs different to what they would be normally, even if they do share attributes and the like.  The only thing tying an image to a player is that unique ID, so unless it's as simple as them saying "don't load facepacks or images of any kind", then they must have changed the ID.  What happens if you tick the box that shows you the unique ID?  Is it the same across real and fake?

I'd be happy for the fake Messi to have Messi's face. I probably wouldn't recognise 99% of the players just from their pictures but I would recognise many of the names which I'd like to get away from as I bring my real life prejudices into the game.

I've tried a few players and checked that that their UIDs do in fact match the UIDs of the images in my facepack. I'm using Flut's skin which has background images of the players and as you can see from the attached image the fake player "Ercan Aydin" UID 91001078 has a newgen face but his real image is picked up in the background and I do have a picture of 91001078 in my facepack. I can only assume that @formeuss is correct in saying that there is someting under the skin saying don't load facepacks.

702471457_ErcanAydn_Profile.png.3b0434ab8b944307131d40436eea66e6.png

1 hour ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I'd be happy for the fake Messi to have Messi's face. I probably wouldn't recognise 99% of the players just from their pictures but I would recognise many of the names which I'd like to get away from as I bring my real life prejudices into the game.

I've tried a few players and checked that that their UIDs do in fact match the UIDs of the images in my facepack. I'm using Flut's skin which has background images of the players and as you can see from the attached image the fake player "Ercan Aydin" UID 91001078 has a newgen face but his real image is picked up in the background and I do have a picture of 91001078 in my facepack. I can only assume that @formeuss is correct in saying that there is someting under the skin saying don't load facepacks.

702471457_ErcanAydn_Profile.png.3b0434ab8b944307131d40436eea66e6.png

Surprised by that but looks like that is the case.

On a side note, that shirt number is a bit big :thup:🤣