17 Y/O Player Registration in Germany

How did Youssoufa Moukoko make his debut in November? Aren’t the registration windows only open during the transfer window in Germany? I have 17 year old that I want to play, but they are not registered. I don’t think that they can be registered until January. Am I missing something? Or is this rule only in FM, and not in real life?

For example, I have a player born in late September that I want to play in the league, but the next registration period is January. He can play in the Pokal, but he can’t play in the league, I think. (Or am I missing something?)

Yeah, it's not correct, but if I understand it correctly, the licence still enforces the rule at 17. See here and some more comments down that thread.

19 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, it's not correct, but if I understand it correctly, the licence still enforces the rule at 17. See here and some more comments down that thread.

I understand that the rule is incorrect (and accept it). However, my question is, how did Moukoko play when he was not registered? Why was he able to play in November, and not wait until January?

On 26/01/2021 at 18:33, Gbrexiton said:

I understand that the rule is incorrect (and accept it). However, my question is, how did Moukoko play when he was not registered? Why was he able to play in November, and not wait until January?

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/new-minimum-age-for-players-of-the-future-youssoufa-moukoko-10723