defensive tactics are completely broken

every time i try to use a defensive tactic, or defensive approach, i concede in the first 5 minutes of the match, and it's not getting better later. In fact, the more defensive i play the more goals i concede. I also noticed that defensive managers like Mourinho underperform badly, in whatever teams they are in.in my last save Mourinho got fired from Tottenham when they were in the 19 place, got a job at Atletico (which of course underperformed under Simeone) and got fired a season later , also when Atletico was in the bottom half of the table.

This completely breaks the game for me, if there is only one style to play, there is not much of a game here is it? also feels strange going on an away game vs a big team with an attacking mentality only because it is the only way to not concede 5+ goals.

do you have the same problem? or do my tactics suck badly(I doubt it , since i have been playing the game from around 2006)?

This is a tactics discussion, so I'm moving the thread there. If you want any input to make this work, please upload a screenshot of your tactics, roles and instructions so people can try to identify possible improvements.

9 hours ago, Vovaldinho said:

every time i try to use a defensive tactic, or defensive approach, i concede in the first 5 minutes of the match, and it's not getting better later. In fact, the more defensive i play the more goals i concede

Defensive tactics, just like "attacking" ones, can be either well designed or poorly constructed. Therefore, you need to post a screenshot of your specific tactic so that we could take a look and tell you where its weaknesses potentially are.