FRENCH League Bug: Player Statistics counted wrong

Freddie Sands

• 2 weeks later...

I've had 5 loans with Marseille in the first season and now after everyone of these players is gone and I'm in the transfer window 2021 I cant make loan offers to anybody because it says I already have the maximum of 5 even though no loan player is in the squad. This has to be a bug?

Hello

There seems to be an issue with loans in French League 2. I only made one single loan out of the 5 authorized and now I cannot make any other loan. I'm at the end of July. 

Please see pictures below, the first one shows the transfers I've done so far and the second one shows the pop-up window that appears everytime I'm trying to do a new loan saying that I've already reached the maximum of 5 !!

Please help!

Thank you in advance

20201228074253_1.jpg

20201228074438_1.jpg

Hi, 

Can you take a look to this thread (with a link to a french thread) about a rules issue ?

Are you aware about this issue ? Do you need more information ?

Is the Faroe Islands part of Non-EU players available in the French league? When I try transfer a FI player it indicates FI are not included, whereas Denmark included (part of EU).

2021-01-05 Faroe Islands Transfer.PNG

Edited by loki_jon
Playing as Auxerre, date is 31/10/2020 in game

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone's seen this or knows why it happens. I'm managing in Ligue 1 in France (the year is 2025). In the January transfer window I offer a contract to a player on about January 29th.

On February 2nd, I get an email saying it's the deadline to register players for the rest of the league season. Fair enough.

But the transfer window shuts on February 3rd. This player I'm trying to buy hasn't seen the need to hurry up making his mind up before the registration deadline, because as we know it's the transfer deadline that causes contract negotiations to get sorted faster than the standard week or so for non-deadline deals.

Sure enough on February 3rd he says "I'll come!" But by that point I'm a day too late to register him and he can't play until the summer.

It's highlighted quite well in the attached image of the day's inbox. I mean, it feels like a bug, because if this is how it actually works in France it's completely arbitrary and must drive people mad.

Any thoughts?

FranceFail.png

• Freddie Sands changed the title to [France] (Official) League Specific Issues

French League "Different/False/Phantom" Player Statistics Bug

DESCRIPTION:

A few players from the French Division are showing different player statistics across different pages. it is happening across both Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 (possibly further down the divisions too but I only have Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 loaded so I can only comment on what is happening in these leagues). I have used Rennes as an example.

HOW IT SHOULD BE WORKING:

If you view the screenshots below, you will see the statistics of the players are different depending on which page you view them on. 

Either these are Phantom Statistics OR a possible connection between these screenshots are that all of these are players that have been moved up from B teams - it could be that it is including goals they score for the B team (whilst part of the Senior Squad, getting minutes under their belt or when they've been promoted from B team to Senior squad in that particular season. Also, these B teams are in lower French divisions which I don't have loaded).

THE POTENTIAL BUG:

Because Rennes 2 (as are a few B teams in France) are in what would be classed as a competitive competition albeit it a few divisions lower. If he was playing for Rennes 2 permanently then yes, but he isn't - he is registered for Rennes Senior Squad so playing for the B team should automatically be classed as "reserves" in this case - not competitive. If he played for Rennes 2 and was in their squad list not Rennes, then you could class that competitive as they are in a lower division in France. But 'History' page and statistics on the History page says he's got all those goals in Ligue 1, not National League. That's where the bug is.

DATABASE VERSION:

Possibly every database from release. I first noticed it in Season 3 (currently in Season 4), I can't confirm if it was happening in Seasons 1 and 2 because I wasn't specifically looking for players in France.

France is a loaded nation as READ-ONLY (Ligue 1 and Ligue 2).

UPLOADED TO CLOUD: (my name) Stoke SSN 4 ongoin.fm

SCREENSHOT EXPLANATION: 

spacer.png

SS 1: Shows high number of appearances and goals, as well as high ratings for below average players.

ss4

SS 2: Ligue 1 - The players Season Stats are different to what the Squad Overview suggests.

ss5.png

SS 3: Ligue 1 - The History page and stats at the bottom of the history page is also different to the Players Overview Season Stats. 

ss6.png

SS 4: Ligue 1 - An even better example - Squad Overview shows this player has 22 appearances and 4 assists. Season stats say he's only had 1 appearance. Valued 13.25k and poor stats, it's clear he hasn't picked up 22 appearances. But he's picked them up from somewhere? Possibly the B team as is a recurring theme with all of these players, they either play for or have been promoted from the B team.

ssn7.png

SS 5: Back to the Rennes striker, 22 goals would have him top of the goalscoring charts. This screenshot shows he is not at the top - or anywhere near it. So his statistics aren't happening in Ligue 1 - so why are they being registered?

Edited by ZWS

Adding to the issue with loans. All season the game won’t let me loan another player because it says I’ve reached my maximum of 5. I haven’t. I’ve only had 4 all season. Managing Lille.

Another user is reporting that the max limit of 5 has rolled over to the start of his new season, playing as OM. All his loan signings have left the club, he’s in the new seasons summer transfer window, but it won’t let him loan anyone (greyed out) because the game thinks he’s got 5 loans for the season already.

Can we have some feedback on this please? 

Thanks.

I have posted a similar post in the Specific Leagues: France - but I would prefer you to delete that post as this post better explains the issue now that I have had time to process the season and observe it.

SUMMARY:

French League "Wrong/False Player Statistics Bug

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE:

A few players from the French Division are showing different player statistics across different pages depending on which page you view them on. it is happening across both Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 (possibly further down the divisions too but I only have Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 loaded so I can only comment on what is happening in these leagues).

I have used Rennes as an example as they have the most players with (although it is happening across all of the French League). I have only seen this bug happen in the French League so far.

A connection between these screenshots are that all of these are players that have been moved up from B teams - it could be that it is including goals they score for the B team (I am almost certain this is the issue - it is putting that players stats across both division rather than as separate competitions). It is worth noting that these B teams are in the National 2 Divisions which I don't have loaded).

HOW IT SHOULD BE WORKING:

Because Rennes 2 (as are a few B teams in France) are in what would be classed as a competitive competition albeit it a few divisions lower. If he was playing for Rennes 2 permanently then I feel his statistics should show his statistics for that division. But, these players are in the Senior squad, not B squad. So, his goals for the B team should be classed a 'minor' competition, aka. reserves and "non-competitive". If the player is in the B squad, his History and Player/Season Stats should show he's been getting appearances in the National 2 division.

THE BUG: However, the 'History' page and statistics on the History page says he's got all those goals in Ligue 1, not National 2. That's where the bug is. He hasn't got any goals in Ligue 1. The statistics have been bundled together it seems and classed as him scoring all these goals in Ligue 1 because he is part of the Senior Squad, but his goals have actually come in National 2.

DATABASE VERSION:

Possibly every database from release. I first noticed it in Season 3 (currently in Season 4), I can't confirm if it was happening in Seasons 1 and 2 because I wasn't specifically looking for players in France.

France is a loaded nation as READ-ONLY (Ligue 1 and Ligue 2).

UPLOADED TO CLOUD: (my name) Stoke SSN 4 ongoin.fm

SCREENSHOT EXPLANATION: 

spacer.png

SS 1: Shows high number of appearances and goals, as well as high ratings for below average players.

ss4

SS 2: Ligue 1 - The players Season Stats are different to what the Squad Overview suggests.

ss5.png

SS 3: Ligue 1 - The History page and stats at the bottom of the history page is also different to the Players Overview Season Stats. 

ss6.png

SS 4: Ligue 1 - An even better example - Squad Overview shows this player has 22 appearances and 4 assists. Season stats say he's only had 1 appearance. Valued 13.25k and poor stats, it's clear he hasn't picked up 22 appearances. But he's picked them up from somewhere? Possibly the B team as is a recurring theme with all of these players, they either play for or have been promoted from the B team.

ssn7.png

SS 5: Back to the Rennes striker, 22 goals would have him top of the goalscoring charts. This screenshot shows he is not at the top - or anywhere near it. So his statistics aren't happening in Ligue 1 - so why are they being registered?

• SI Staff
On 15/01/2021 at 14:01, Cid said:

Just wondering if anyone's seen this or knows why it happens. I'm managing in Ligue 1 in France (the year is 2025). In the January transfer window I offer a contract to a player on about January 29th.

On February 2nd, I get an email saying it's the deadline to register players for the rest of the league season. Fair enough.

But the transfer window shuts on February 3rd. This player I'm trying to buy hasn't seen the need to hurry up making his mind up before the registration deadline, because as we know it's the transfer deadline that causes contract negotiations to get sorted faster than the standard week or so for non-deadline deals.

Sure enough on February 3rd he says "I'll come!" But by that point I'm a day too late to register him and he can't play until the summer.

It's highlighted quite well in the attached image of the day's inbox. I mean, it feels like a bug, because if this is how it actually works in France it's completely arbitrary and must drive people mad.

Any thoughts?

Hi, this is due to an issue with the game code seemingly forcing the registration end date to change under the hood and be a day early (in this season it should be on the 3rd) - I'm afraid we haven't been able to find out the root cause behind that but it is currently under review.

On 25/01/2021 at 16:50, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this is due to an issue with the game code seemingly forcing the registration end date to change under the hood and be a day early (in this season it should be on the 3rd) - I'm afraid we haven't been able to find out the root cause behind that but it is currently under review.

Does this mean you would suggest I wait until the 21.3 release before starting a long save starting in lower french leagues? I progress so slow when I play FM, and it would be pretty devastating to see these almost game-breaking bugs after investing so much time on the save game, especially the loan bug.

On 24/01/2021 at 12:50, Tyburn said:

Adding to the issue with loans. All season the game won’t let me loan another player because it says I’ve reached my maximum of 5. I haven’t. I’ve only had 4 all season. Managing Lille.

Another user is reporting that the max limit of 5 has rolled over to the start of his new season, playing as OM. All his loan signings have left the club, he’s in the new seasons summer transfer window, but it won’t let him loan anyone (greyed out) because the game thinks he’s got 5 loans for the season already.

Can we have some feedback on this please? 

Thanks.

Anything new on this Tyburn? From the sound of it the french league almost seems broken at this point if you can only loan 5 players pr save game (or in your example only 4) and not pr season?

I'm becoming a bit unsure on whether I should kick off my french league 2 save or wait for a possible update or just choose another league alltogether..

1 hour ago, zindrinho said:

Anything new on this Tyburn? From the sound of it the french league almost seems broken at this point if you can only loan 5 players pr save game (or in your example only 4) and not pr season?

I'm becoming a bit unsure on whether I should kick off my french league 2 save or wait for a possible update or just choose another league alltogether..

Yes. It just affects season 21/22. It resets itself after that and all is as expected. The first season is also fine. Weird bug.

I can’t be sure but, if you’re starting a new save, I believe the issue has been resolved via the hotfix last released.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I'm perhaps in the wrong section, but i've a french user playing with an Guyana update. So he should have the possibility to play the 5th stage of French Cup.

He explain me that he has an issue with nationality of his player who are count like extra-EU while they have Guyana-French nationality.

I tell him to see with the creator of the update, but i want to know what do you think about it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Something weird is happening to my 2nd team, I'm Paris FC and have loaded all french leagues (To Nat2), from the club rep list I can see that my 2nd team plays in Nat3.

So since they dont have any scheduled games, I create friendlies for them. But now I see that some of my players there have played 1 league game, it's one of those "greyed out" games, but I could see the match under player - form, and that it was played 2 days after a friendly I create every sunday. Does this mean my players were exhausted for that league game, and that the chances of them getting promoted is lower because they maybe lost the match?

stats.thumb.jpg.68083b662b786bf5e97442f127dcf11c.jpg

BUT: What I find weirdest of all, is that the team we met, Sirens, isn't a french Nat3 team, they are a Maltese prem team??

What on gods green earth is going on? What kinda league game did they play?

malta.thumb.jpg.9701e087ed2d42bfeb3b0af250e21cb7.jpg

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, The Basque said:

Facundo Medina from RC Lens still wront Height.

In Reallife he is 184

Hi,

This is a data issue over a league issue. Thanks for the report though, it should be fixed in the future.

Regards