FM21 England Level 11 Challenge

For some reason my lot are playing in Wessex Premier League this season. But I'm not the first person this has happened to as my mate who has started this up as AFC Alsager (about 5 miles down the road) also had the same issue as he's about half a season ahead of me

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Schume said:

For some reason my lot are playing in Wessex Premier League this season. But I'm not the first person this has happened to as my mate who has started this up as AFC Alsager (about 5 miles down the road) also had the same issue as he's about half a season ahead of me

For some reason this happens from time to time where teams go into the wrong regional divisions.

What Level and what division is this at?

I will look at fixing it in a few days.

5 hours ago, lionel messi said:

For some reason this happens from time to time where teams go into the wrong regional divisions.

What Level and what division is this at?

I will look at fixing it in a few days.

Level 9 (Step 5 in NLS terms) Wessex Premier League.

My mate had himself as AFC Alsager and Newcastle Town (another local team) with him. In my case it was Crewe and I also had Atherstone Town rom the midlands.

By the way did you watch Forest yesterday?

1 hour ago, Schume said:

Level 9 (Step 5 in NLS terms) Wessex Premier League.

My mate had himself as AFC Alsager and Newcastle Town (another local team) with him. In my case it was Crewe and I also had Atherstone Town rom the midlands.

By the way did you watch Forest yesterday?

Did they all go into the wessex League?

Yes i did watch forest yesterday, i thought they played quite well.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Did they all go into the wessex League?

Yes i did watch forest yesterday, i thought they played quite well.

Yeah those 4 teams on 2 separate games have gone into their, be interesting to know who has played in that league on your game and postmans game.

Forest should have won, shame they didn't as there was still an outside chance of playoffs as mad as it seems its so tight in that table. Don't get why CH doesn't like using subs though. Just glad things are improving, hopefully have a proper tilt at promotion again next season.

On another note doing ok in my game so far, 2nd in the league 1 pt off top and into the 2nd qualifying round of the fa cup with a winnable tie.

4 hours ago, Schume said:

Yeah those 4 teams on 2 separate games have gone into their, be interesting to know who has played in that league on your game and postmans game.

Forest should have won, shame they didn't as there was still an outside chance of playoffs as mad as it seems its so tight in that table. Don't get why CH doesn't like using subs though. Just glad things are improving, hopefully have a proper tilt at promotion again next season.

On another note doing ok in my game so far, 2nd in the league 1 pt off top and into the 2nd qualifying round of the fa cup with a winnable tie.

I noticed some teams from rhe north west counties on my save have gone into the wessex league.

Mostly it is just for 1 season.

I made a adjustment to the north west counties leagues boundaries a little while back so dont know if this is still happening or not.

If you want to do a test save of my latest file to see if that is happening that would be good.

Im going to add regional divisions to clubs to try to limit this from happening soon.

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I noticed some teams from rhe north west counties on my save have gone into the wessex league.

Mostly it is just for 1 season.

I made a adjustment to the north west counties leagues boundaries a little while back so dont know if this is still happening or not.

If you want to do a test save of my latest file to see if that is happening that would be good.

Im going to add regional divisions to clubs to try to limit this from happening soon.

When I used to do my own data base like 4 or 5 years ago (I only went down to level 10) but I found adding Regional Teams to all the teams made a massive difference, although even back then I had a problem with Newcastle Town and could never work out why even the Latitude and Longitudes were fine for the city and stadium.

On another note I've just had a mad game in 2nd qualifying round of the FA Vase drew 1-1 with Burnham (they equalised in the 91st minute. It went to pens and I won 13-12 but I missed 3 pens and they missed 4 and both teams had a penalty taker miss twice.

Then next game I beat Frickley Athletic 2-1 at home in FA Cup and got AFC Telford at home. (Hope its like when Nantwich battered them 3-0 on their own pitch 19-20 season haha!)

Got to the First Round Proper after a 1-0 win against AFC Telford, and I can't believe this but got Altrincham away and towards the end of the automatic draw I was almost predicting it. My mate and our ex Nantwich Phil Parkinson is still manager at Alty on the game I was only out for a run with him at 2pm today haha!

1 hour ago, Schume said:

Got to the First Round Proper after a 1-0 win against AFC Telford, and I can't believe this but got Altrincham away and towards the end of the automatic draw I was almost predicting it. My mate and our ex Nantwich Phil Parkinson is still manager at Alty on the game I was only out for a run with him at 2pm today haha!

Haha thats funny.

On my save im doing alot better than i was last season.

Im in 8th after about 7 games.

I have got real trouble with finances though, im currently about £160,000 in debt and rising lol.

I need a really good cup run this season to reduce it abit.

Into the 1st qualifying round and got a homw tie against brentwood town.

9 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Haha thats funny.

On my save im doing alot better than i was last season.

Im in 8th after about 7 games.

I have got real trouble with finances though, im currently about £160,000 in debt and rising lol.

I need a really good cup run this season to reduce it abit.

Into the 1st qualifying round and got a homw tie against brentwood town.

160K in debt jeeez, I must admit after winning the Vase I had 38K in the bank but by the start of the 22-23 season I was down to 20K just in the summer only spending £900 so I can see how that happens very quickly!

On another note if you give me a couple of days I will try get you a spreadsheet with all the league pathways for all the teams see if it helps you clear this lateral movement in your leagues (If I'm lucky I will still have my old workings so it will only need tweeking for the new teams and slight change in the league restructure. When I did it back in the day used to take me ages, however I'm sure n the Editor now you can copy and paste them to each team, so level 9 to 11 should be relatively straight forward in that aspect.

3 hours ago, Schume said:

160K in debt jeeez, I must admit after winning the Vase I had 38K in the bank but by the start of the 22-23 season I was down to 20K just in the summer only spending £900 so I can see how that happens very quickly!

On another note if you give me a couple of days I will try get you a spreadsheet with all the league pathways for all the teams see if it helps you clear this lateral movement in your leagues (If I'm lucky I will still have my old workings so it will only need tweeking for the new teams and slight change in the league restructure. When I did it back in the day used to take me ages, however I'm sure n the Editor now you can copy and paste them to each team, so level 9 to 11 should be relatively straight forward in that aspect.

That would be awsome thanks.

Im in the process of creating maps for my league boundaries.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

That would be awsome thanks.

Im in the process of creating maps for my league boundaries.

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/step-3-6-allocations-for-2020-21-with-notes.1943/

I use this website/forum quite a bit, this thread should have the maps you need for Step 1 to 7 (Level 5 to 11) if this helps save you time

I've found a spreadsheet from FM17 on an old external HD so with it being out of date by quite a bit it's taking me a lot longer to update mainly for movements (a lot of dissolved/demoted clubs) and the restructure. I've managed to make a significant start down to level 10 next stage is level 11 which will take a day or 2 at least. Probably going to be weekend by the time I finish this once.

On 15/02/2021 at 17:44, Schume said:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/step-3-6-allocations-for-2020-21-with-notes.1943/

I use this website/forum quite a bit, this thread should have the maps you need for Step 1 to 7 (Level 5 to 11) if this helps save you time

Yes i have used this website alot in the past.

I had already done maps down to Level 10.

Season 3 ended.  A shocker.

Started really well - 31 out of 33 points at the start plus a run to the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round.  Despite losing the tie the 30K debt was essentially cleared.

Then, out of the blue and in typical FM style, we started losing even though nothing had changed - same formation, same playing personnel.  Won only 3 of our last 16 games, finishing 6th.

Issue now is we can't attract any decent players - even the good players relegated from our division won't join.  Recommendations from our recruitment meeting are 2 star players so not sure how we'll compete next season.

Need a re-think.

image.thumb.png.c7c92219e01e4eadd7a29c9beecfd296.png

image.thumb.png.6feca7de683faf98150ed7e8b96baebf.png

Edited by andydick

7 minutes ago, andydick said:

Season 3 ended.  A shocker.

Started really well - 31 out of 33 points at the start plus a run to the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round.  Despite losing the tie the 30K debt was essentially cleared.

Then, out of the blue and in typical FM style, we started losing even though nothing had changed - same formation, same playing personnel.  Won only 3 of our last 16 games, finishing 6th.

Issue now is we can't attract any decent players - even the good players relegated from our division won't join.  Recommendations from our recruitment meeting are 2 star players so not sure how we'll compete next season.

Need a re-think.

image.thumb.png.c7c92219e01e4eadd7a29c9beecfd296.png

image.thumb.png.6feca7de683faf98150ed7e8b96baebf.png

I have had a similiar problem in Level 8.

I could not barely win a game at one point last season.

I have changed formation/tactics slightly this season and im starting to win more games now.

I have debts of £150,000 despite reaching the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round.

Im looking at making some adjustments to the file, espcially regarding the contract types that can be offered at the lower levels.

FA Competions have already been altered to include replays after the 1st season, also the prize money as been altered to what it was before as well after the 1st season.

Obviously a new save would have to be started to have that available.

On 13/02/2021 at 18:49, Schume said:

I think i have found why this is happening.

The boundaries i have set for the wessex premier division were actually set as wessex league division 1 under the competion for the boundaries.

This explains why random teams are going into the wessex league.

I have fixed it now and will test it tomorrow to see if it is still happening or not.

7 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I think i have found why this is happening.

The boundaries i have set for the wessex premier division were actually set as wessex league division 1 under the competion for the boundaries.

This explains why random teams are going into the wessex league.

I have fixed it now and will test it tomorrow to see if it is still happening or not.

Good work pal, I'm getting close to finishing the spreadsheet anyway which will add a 2nd layer to stop random lateral transfers, between the 2 it should in theory stop it.

Gutted about the result last night, totally deserved to win but at least its promising for the months ahead.

On 18/02/2021 at 09:54, Schume said:

Good work pal, I'm getting close to finishing the spreadsheet anyway which will add a 2nd layer to stop random lateral transfers, between the 2 it should in theory stop it.

Gutted about the result last night, totally deserved to win but at least its promising for the months ahead.

@lionel messi sent you the regional boundaries spreadsheet late last night hopefully that helps you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a couple of other challenges but did get Redcar Town promoted into the Regional 1st Divisions.

No cup wins but a trophy and 20 points for the promotion from Northern League Division 1.

image.thumb.png.b1880edc8ffc8f8ee9a8999de45a0728.png

Edited by andydick

2 hours ago, andydick said:

Doing a couple of other challenges but did get Redcar Town promoted into the Regional 1st Divisions.

No cup wins but a trophy and 20 points for the promotion from Northern League Division 1.

image.thumb.png.b1880edc8ffc8f8ee9a8999de45a0728.png

Im thinking of creating a new challenge based on the trophies & points system i used for this challenge.

882281259_BushHillRangersnewlogo.thumb.png.eb1d23aa872712e31dee4d57f6bcba61.png

image.png.5b595b57ea0ddae8627b38430979d88a.png

image.png.f8eae933394f426f188a6413eeb69699.png

Hey guys, I'm in for the challenge & off the mark for points now too, winning the double quite comfortably with Bush Hill Rangers. I suspect that the second season is going to be more challenging with some additional restrictions I'm playing with making it a little bit harder. How are your best strikers doing? I can imagine some pretty great goals per game ratio's down in the lower leagues. My main striker played 24 games, got 40 goals, 11 assists & 11 MotMs too!

21 hours ago, Motlhen said:

882281259_BushHillRangersnewlogo.thumb.png.eb1d23aa872712e31dee4d57f6bcba61.png

image.png.5b595b57ea0ddae8627b38430979d88a.png

image.png.f8eae933394f426f188a6413eeb69699.png

Hey guys, I'm in for the challenge & off the mark for points now too, winning the double quite comfortably with Bush Hill Rangers. I suspect that the second season is going to be more challenging with some additional restrictions I'm playing with making it a little bit harder. How are your best strikers doing? I can imagine some pretty great goals per game ratio's down in the lower leagues. My main striker played 24 games, got 40 goals, 11 assists & 11 MotMs too!

Capture.thumb.JPG.8b164b0a045425e598edd51cec330a4c.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see you back pal!
What made you choose Nottingham FC?

Update from me:

591129410_BushHillRangersnewlogo.thumb.png.c951e6b524d34cba06944929a25db95b.png

1577701620_Screenshot2021-03-17at19_50_16.png.22de59d618e82c78ee58463b00796873.png

1753835799_Screenshot2021-03-17at23_45_05.png.d520b1eeb7fcb8eaec1c0152b2ae3ae9.png

Back-to-back promotions!
We managed to win the league quite comfortably in the end despite losing a lot of our amateur first team players to semi-pro contracts.

1 minute ago, Motlhen said:

Glad to see you back pal!
What made you choose Nottingham FC?

Update from me:

591129410_BushHillRangersnewlogo.thumb.png.c951e6b524d34cba06944929a25db95b.png

1577701620_Screenshot2021-03-17at19_50_16.png.22de59d618e82c78ee58463b00796873.png

1753835799_Screenshot2021-03-17at23_45_05.png.d520b1eeb7fcb8eaec1c0152b2ae3ae9.png

Back-to-back promotions!
We managed to win the league quite comfortably in the end despite losing a lot of our amateur first team players to semi-pro contracts.

I picked them because i live in nottinghamshire myself.

Can you please update me with all your promotions & cup wins and i will update your score on the leaderboard

I might have to get onboard this challenge as well. 

Played two seasons with North Ferriby but losing a bit of interest because their reputation and crowds far exceeds the level they start at (even with attribute masking on, restricting new signing via scouts & staff via job centre).

These Level 11 club looks like I'll mostly get the sack and lucky to have bank balance in the positive.

4 hours ago, Dan_987 said:

I might have to get onboard this challenge as well. 

Played two seasons with North Ferriby but losing a bit of interest because their reputation and crowds far exceeds the level they start at (even with attribute masking on, restricting new signing via scouts & staff via job centre).

These Level 11 club looks like I'll mostly get the sack and lucky to have bank balance in the positive.

Good luck if you do.