16 minutes ago, postman123 said:

Lose the DM and add another midfielder, play one striker on the left as an F9 the middle one as a poacher and the right on a as a deep lying forward, this is what my front 3 are and 3 central midfielders narrow.

Let me know if this improves anything 

3 good results and you are mid table then work from there 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, postman123 said:

3 good results and you are mid table then work from there 

I just changed a few instructions before you sent me the message.

I have gone a bit more direct and im also putting in early crosses.

Started to pick up a few results.

Up to 14th nut only 4 points off the relegation places, its such a tight league in the middle of the table.

6 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I just changed a few instructions before you sent me the message.

I have gone a bit more direct and im also putting in early crosses.

Started to pick up a few results.

Up to 14th nut only 4 points off the relegation places, its such a tight league in the middle of the table.

Try and do the above what I said too buddy it really works as you can see by my team's results 

2 minutes ago, postman123 said:

Try and do the above what I said too buddy it really works as you can see by my team's results 

I will try.

I have just had £40,000 took out my bank balance on other.

Im now close on £90,000 in debt.

Im screwed lol.

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I will try.

I have just had £40,000 took out my bank balance on other.

Im now close on £90,000 in debt.

Im screwed lol.

What is going on mate send me all the details I will  look at it all, try the formation 

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I have not played it since last night. Im at work.

Are you onto the next season yet?

Yes just about to start league now, beat Billericay FC romania and Cray Valley paper mill all away in friendlies, plus other teams.

Keep me posted later please try what I said dont want you getting the boot mate

2 hours ago, postman123 said:

Yes just about to start league now, beat Billericay FC romania and Cray Valley paper mill all away in friendlies, plus other teams.

I will give it a try

3 hours ago, postman123 said:

Drawn 1st game 1-1.

Burton Albion just offered me a interview lol.

1 minute ago, Ozvaldez said:

Finally finished season 1.  Promotion secured despite Bush Hill pushing all the way!

image.thumb.png.90876074984c23ef1dd86cf85cd4e3ca.png

Nice.

We're just past the half-way stage in season 2.

League is looking good, though knocked out of the Vase.

Issue we have is money.  18K in debt.  Given we were 1/48 to go up (yep, 48 to 1 on) I just got most of the squad on a 30-40 pw contract but our attendances are massively down since we moved grounds.  Averaged 160 in season 1, but lucky if we get 50 at home now.  Wasn't expecting that.

image.thumb.png.7cefbd8d428c61cb4c865f71064286f4.png

Just now, postman123 said:

How it looking Messi any better mate

Not played it yet till later when i get home from work.

Im about 6 points off drop zone so things are definatly looking up.

Do you play all your 3 central midfielders on support duty?

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

Not played it yet till later when i get home from work.

Im about 6 points off drop zone so things are definatly looking up.

Do you play all your 3 central midfielders on support duty?

The right and left are attack and mid one is support 

I am currently taking Pitshanger Dynamo up through the leagues from Level 11!

Season 2032, in Vanarama South for the 2nd time after relegation. There is a bit of a bug however... I thought I would be safe but it relegated me after this. I even got a congratulatory message for staying up, but I played in the division below the season after. Also, the season is starting in October. 882918543_Screenshot2021-02-09at6_25_47PM.thumb.png.6f2f58b4f404c2717884bd3a0360e3f8.png

Edited by Mafino
2 hours ago, iamnobody said:

Can I do this challenge with FM20?  I started a save last week from Level 11.  The team is Newark.

No it has to be on FM21 so that it is fair for everyone and on the same database.

21 minutes ago, Mafino said:

I am currently taking Pitshanger Dynamo up through the leagues from Level 11!

Season 2032, in Vanarama South for the 2nd time after relegation. There is a bit of a bug however... I thought I would be safe but it relegated me after this. I even got a congratulatory message for staying up, but I played in the division below the season after. Also, the season is starting in October. 882918543_Screenshot2021-02-09at6_25_47PM.thumb.png.6f2f58b4f404c2717884bd3a0360e3f8.png

This is not on my database though is it?

54 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

No it has to be on FM21 so that it is fair for everyone and on the same database.

That's fair.  I might join if I ever get FM21.  At this point I'm not sure if I should wait until FM22 is released.  

8 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

That's fair.  I might join if I ever get FM21.  At this point I'm not sure if I should wait until FM22 is released.  

You should get it and join the challenge, the more the better lol

21 hours ago, andydick said:

Nice.

We're just past the half-way stage in season 2.

League is looking good, though knocked out of the Vase.

Issue we have is money.  18K in debt.  Given we were 1/48 to go up (yep, 48 to 1 on) I just got most of the squad on a 30-40 pw contract but our attendances are massively down since we moved grounds.  Averaged 160 in season 1, but lucky if we get 50 at home now.  Wasn't expecting that.

image.thumb.png.7cefbd8d428c61cb4c865f71064286f4.png

I have got problems with money too.

Nearly £100k in debt.

I think there is a bug with the stadiums, i have moved stadiums when i think i shoud have stayed at my current stadium, it had a stadium expansion of 5,000.

it should have been a stadium expansion not a stadium move.

I am now playing in a stadium from a different city and there was no news item either that i had moved stadiums.

Capture.thumb.JPG.7c52d4f8776cb87591aec40772cf0bca.JPG

Now i am playing in a stadium in a different city an

Evening, apologies for lack of updates. 2nd season has been slow going my laptop fan is struggling but been busy as well. Anyway I've persevered and finished my 2nd season with Crewe. I won the league but it all came down to the last game of the season and I had to play 2nd place Cammell Laird (an old rival of ours at Nantwich back in the day so it was quite apt!) I had been behind them most of the season but got in front with a few games to go, but they still had a better goal difference so despite being 3 points behind I had to avoid defeat, I won 2-0. 2 weeks later won the FA Vase en route I had 3 extra time wins and 1 penalty shootout victory so to say I was lucky was an understatement. League Cup, absolute joke. Lost 1st round to Lower Breck was typical FM logic dominate the game and got beat... standard. FA Vase was a godsend as now have 38K in the bank been leaking money all season with shocking crowds as playing at Winsford United's Barton Ground.

image.thumb.png.e210993063112f0353edb082c286b150.png

This is my current trophy cabinet

image.png.33fa4c9635fa9ae62402daaa076ef1f2.png

On another note Ivan, for 3 seasons now all FA Competitions (including Youth Cup) have 7 subs just so you know

14 minutes ago, Schume said:

Evening, apologies for lack of updates. 2nd season has been slow going my laptop fan is struggling but been busy as well. Anyway I've persevered and finished my 2nd season with Crewe. I won the league but it all came down to the last game of the season and I had to play 2nd place Cammell Laird (an old rival of ours at Nantwich back in the day so it was quite apt!) I had been behind them most of the season but got in front with a few games to go, but they still had a better goal difference so despite being 3 points behind I had to avoid defeat, I won 2-0. 2 weeks later won the FA Vase en route I had 3 extra time wins and 1 penalty shootout victory so to say I was lucky was an understatement. League Cup, absolute joke. Lost 1st round to Lower Breck was typical FM logic dominate the game and got beat... standard. FA Vase was a godsend as now have 38K in the bank been leaking money all season with shocking crowds as playing at Winsford United's Barton Ground.

image.thumb.png.e210993063112f0353edb082c286b150.png

This is my current trophy cabinet

image.png.33fa4c9635fa9ae62402daaa076ef1f2.png

On another note Ivan, for 3 seasons now all FA Competitions (including Youth Cup) have 7 subs just so you know

Is it not setup like that on my database?

16 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Is it not setup like that on my database?

In FA Vase was defo only 5 subs and looking at the final for FA Trophy the same.

Season 2 completed.  Summary plus points "haul" below.

Since our ground move, attendance has halved and match day income down from £17K to £12K despite playing 8 more home games (6 league, 2 cup).  Lost £39K overall so not good.  Signed a few better players ready for next season so maybe a clear out and a number of forays into the loan market. 

Still expected to win promotion from Northern League Division 1 though.

image.thumb.png.4cd48ec4b679449fe7624c854a03ee8b.png

image.png.ebade90f283a7ee1b00f043c9d6282a0.png

8 minutes ago, postman123 said:

I am top by 5 points and in Feb just keep drawing by stupid scores 

Nice.

I have got 5 games to go in the season to save myself from relegation, currenty 7 points from the drop and i play the bottom team at home next.

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Nice.

I have got 5 games to go in the season to save myself from relegation, currenty 7 points from the drop and i play the bottom team at home next.

Good luck, I got to the fa cup 2nd round got beat by Huddersfield 

2 hours ago, postman123 said:

Finding life in these Regional divisions a bit different leaking a lot of goals 

Steps 7 - 11 are generally ok.  The hardest division for me to get out of in FM20 was the Vanarama North.  Wonder if it will be the same this time around .. assuming I can get there.

14 minutes ago, andydick said:

Steps 7 - 11 are generally ok.  The hardest division for me to get out of in FM20 was the Vanarama North.  Wonder if it will be the same this time around .. assuming I can get there.

Aww sure you will mate