Can't test advanced rules

Will_13

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I have searched and could not find anything that was useful.

I am using the updated database from sortitoutsi and have made a few changes to the club that I want to manage, and I'm also looking to add some squad rules to the division (max salary, home grown players in match squad etc.). I have managed this but when trying to test the nation rules I keep getting the error message: "Premier league development league, number of teams in competition (23) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (20). The only changes I have made are to the club info and the squad rules, nothing to do with seeding/number of clubs in a division.

I have had this issue in the past and have tried to fix it myself by changing the required teams to the number expected from the error message. This works but I then get another message saying the same thing but for all of the U23 leagues and all of the leagues below national league north/south.

Is there a way to fix this?

Kkrlenjushka gave a really handy tip in one of these threads that I've found works well.

Export the unverified file and then open the XML file in notepad or similar.

Search for a line containing 'verf'. This is sometimes the first line, sometimes near the end.

Delete this entire line as shown. Then, simply save the file and load FM, and you should be able to load the file without issues.

A word of warning, as you've forced verification, your game may crash if the file is unstable. Much more difficult to diagnose problems this way, but as you say, if there are bugs with things you haven't touched it should load fine.

image.png.dab32eafb113d7be785528c2da22272d.png

image.png.2e053dfb0e0a386c7067b46b42369ced.png

7 minutes ago, L55DS said:

Kkrlenjushka gave a really handy tip in one of these threads that I've found works well.

Export the unverified file and then open the XML file in notepad or similar.

Search for a line containing 'verf'. This is sometimes the first line, sometimes near the end.

Delete this entire line as shown. Then, simply save the file and load FM, and you should be able to load the file without issues.

A word of warning, as you've forced verification, your game may crash if the file is unstable. Much more difficult to diagnose problems this way, but as you say, if there are bugs with things you haven't touched it should load fine.

image.png.dab32eafb113d7be785528c2da22272d.png

image.png.2e053dfb0e0a386c7067b46b42369ced.png

Cheers for the reply, I have 7 total 'verf' in my document, all of which I have put below. 6 of them are together at the start (lines 21-42) whereas the other is on line 42757. I'm guessing it's the last one that needs deleting?

image.png.de620324e0d8d763fbbceef3e4fe4c99.pngimage.png.e98ef4a5d4917fe90021825eb2066c53.png

Edited by Will_13

2 minutes ago, Will_13 said:

Cheers for the reply, I have 7 total 'verf' in my document, all of which I have put below. 6 of them are together at the start (lines 21-42) whereas the other is on line 42757. I'm guessing it's the last one that needs deleting?

image.png.de620324e0d8d763fbbceef3e4fe4c99.pngimage.png.e98ef4a5d4917fe90021825eb2066c53.png

Delete all verf lines.

I've deleted all of the lines, and 'saved as' the new file as an .fmf file and loaded it into football manager. All of the changes to the club have loaded in properly but the changes in advanced rules haven't (or at least arent displayed on League -> Rules -> Match rules in game.

The changes I made to the national league were:

Min number of homegrown players (0-21) in match squad = 2 

Max wage = £1,000,000 p/y