Scouts at lower league clubs

I'm managing a team in the Vanarama National League South and I have instructed my Bronze (natural) rated Youth Scout to look for young talent in UK & Ireland.

The results are for players that range in value from £210K to £2.5M.

My transfer budget was £6K.

I then wondered whether these players were scouted because they could be loaned out to me. But when I suggest a loan deal, the club declines the offer.

Wouldn't it be better if the scout looked for players that were realistic targets for a club at my level?

• SI Staff
On 21/01/2021 at 06:59, Lillywhite Dean said:

I'm managing a team in the Vanarama National League South and I have instructed my Bronze (natural) rated Youth Scout to look for young talent in UK & Ireland.

The results are for players that range in value from £210K to £2.5M.

My transfer budget was £6K.

I then wondered whether these players were scouted because they could be loaned out to me. But when I suggest a loan deal, the club declines the offer.

Wouldn't it be better if the scout looked for players that were realistic targets for a club at my level?

Yeah I agree - this is something we can definitely improve upon in the future, watch this space.

(but you are correct in that they're potentially being viewed as loan moves - the players would consider them, sadly by the sounds of it their clubs won't)