[FM 21] Grenoble Foot 38: "Rise of the Dauphinais"

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

Great season ! Mori is a very good player , he'll be wanted by some bigger teams , no ?

Yes, but I am hoping to keep him if I can.

He was a last minute grab after the scouts found him, because he was too good to pass up and went almost immediately into the Starting XI. 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grenoble Foot 38

1mB37j.png

June 2032 : Offseason "Something to talk about"

See the source image

Gerard went on vacation to Ibiza. He brought the phone and laptop so he was never far from the business end of Football....He had some decisions to make. Would he keep the same team and hope for less injuries? or would he bring in new players to upgrade or replace the injury-prone players?

Highlights

3YaJsJ.jpg

Gerard decided that the utility Midfielder/Wingback would be back because his salary demands were more than reasonable as well as playing time.

CImsyC.jpg

The team's bank account was hurt because of no European Football, but at least the TV Money and Sponsorships are enough to pay the wage bill!

VDDxak.jpg

Bernard was kept around because of nostalgia and will be retrained as a BPD!

pRg70d.jpg

Gerard won another Head Coach award.....

2tTsAj.jpg

5XVSo8.jpg

This player was brought in to upgrade the Center Midfield and is a Uruguayan International!

B5MADs.jpg

The lack of European Football started our slide/tumble down the rankings!

FMmFpy.jpg

The team is well stocked with Homegrown talent for the Europa League!

ioUnsa.jpg

Roy was never going to break into the starting lineup and spent a lot of time whining about it so  Gerard sold him.

and after the earlier report of the team tumbling down the rankings....

8ZVJch.jpg

This must be our standing in France!

HoFDtP.jpg

The biggest overachievers in Ligue1

aj0Nnn.jpg

The teams home matches were sold out and the team can't expand the Stadium anymore!

ennBx2.jpg

The TV money pays half the player's salaries!

hwZhaT.jpg

The young Homegrown Backup Wing back will be in team for years to come!

iH30np.jpg

0Yj6b0.jpg

A new speed merchant to challenge Eduardo Pires in leading the line!

u440x5.jpg

The Star Goalkeeper stays to continue becoming a Grenoble Legend!

YTAwIU.jpg

The First team put the Grenoble2 boys in their place!

to start the preseason!

7Nsl3M.jpg

This is the team by Assman reports at the start of Preseason!

8Y5JAL.jpg

The team faces a relatively benign Preseason visiting the affiliates and touring Senegal! The Bayern match is to give Gerard a measuring stick.

Even though Mouscron and Sporting Gijon are in the top Belgian and Spanish Leagues!

MTu5Nl.jpg

Not too many transfers and all Free Transfers....Gerard doesn't want to bankrupt the club.

Management Report

dzurg1.jpg

SyjhgQ.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Grenoble Foot 38

1mB37j.png

July 2032 : Preseason "Separate Ways"

See the source image

Gerard was ready to put the boys through their paces and a trip to Africa was part of the schedule. Of Course there was a big match against Bayern Munich that was to be the highlight of the Preseason and a good measuring stick of where the team was on the field.

Highlights

HWBfn0.jpg

The team was informed it would be on TV for every game in the first half of the season.

oBQpGK.jpg

No one is expecting Eduardo Pires to return to form....but that might be a mistake as recovers from a serious injury.

The team played matches twice a week against all of its affiliates and the team went on a tour of Senegal....only to return home to Grenoble and Stade des Alpes and play Bayern!

On4kmg.jpg

The team played well and were more than a match for their German foes.

N923BW.jpg

As one can see according to the analysts the team played better than Bayern!

The team also took time to sign another youngster as a long-term replacement for Team Captain Jose Mori as F9....

fZzU1n.jpg

YjCCnh.jpg

This player should be able to be developed into a good F9. He will start out in the U19's until January and then moved to Grenoble2 as he learns his duties. The goal is to make him homegrown at Club before loaning him out at about age 21.

The team then ended Preseason by hosting their "ancient" rival FC Annecy

nqzyyl.jpg

The team looked good during its final dress rehearsal.....

IkPi8E.jpg

The team finances are in good shape....and Gerard was preparing the month end reports when this email landed like a bomb in his in box!

phc9fM.jpg

Gerard isn't sure what to do....this is the second time the France job has been offered and the salary is nothing to sneeze at....but he is deeply loyal to his local club.....

He has had his doubts lately about his commitment to GF38 and had turned down an extension with the team....

Gerard is going to take a few days to make up his mind.....

Thanks for Reading!

4 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Cant you do both now? Manage national and club at the same time? 

I could, but I don't think that is realistic with a Country like France.  Djibouti maybe..... Especially when they offer 4X Gerard's current salary. 

Conflicted. I have never been great at International Management and I sort of want another go with GF38, but can also guess how it will turn out.....much the same.

The France job will give Gerard a chance at World Cup Glory! But that is what is expected!

2 hours ago, OlivierL said:

i love the 'real' pictures that you add to your updates :) 

I would love to go to beaches like Ibiza.....as for the training pictures I just use Bing! GF38 Training!

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I could, but I don't think that is realistic with a Country like France.  Djibouti maybe..... Especially when they offer 4X Gerard's current salary. 

Conflicted. I have never been great at International Management and I sort of want another go with GF38, but can also guess how it will turn out.....much the same.

The France job will give Gerard a chance at World Cup Glory! But that is what is expected!

Good point. Plus, international management is always kind of...meh. Every time I’ve done it I create a second manager and end up annoyed by having to do anything other than play the major tournaments....

6 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Good point. Plus, international management is always kind of...meh. Every time I’ve done it I create a second manager and end up annoyed by having to do anything other than play the major tournaments....

I am the same. Always find international management very bland. I usually do Scotland in the beta. But never seems to get my really buzzing. Think it’s an area SI really needs to revamp and improve 

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I am going to take a poll of my readers till 12pm Eastern Daylight Time (US):

Let me know what I should do:

Yes, join France.

No, Stay at GF38.

Abstain: End the Career

No! France is cool and all but I think another swing at GF38 where you’re not destroyed by injuries would be a fitting end. Oh course, if you’re not feeling it, there’s no need to go on!