any help?

so, i am new to fm, having only got the game 2 weeks ago. currently, i'm doing a Southampton save. i play a positive 4-2-3-1 gegenpress. however, things are falling apart. towards the relegation zone, having only won 1 game against also struggling Leicester. i am beginning to pick up some form but still having a disastrous season. i don't exactly struggle to create, i tend to have more XG, and if I don't, it's not a huge difference, however sometimes I can't score, and im constantly getting done by direct balls through defence. since I'm still trying to adapt to the fundamentals of this game, I was wondering if anybody could help me get out of this mess, maybe a change in tactics or formation.

I'm moving this into the tactic section. In order to get real help you should post a screenshot of your tactic and explain what you are going for so people can help.

so, i am new to fm, having only got the game 2 weeks ago. currently, i'm doing a Southampton save. i play a positive 4-2-3-1 gegenpress. however, things are falling apart. towards the relegation zone, having only won 1 game against also struggling Leicester. i am beginning to play very slightly better but still having a disastrous season. i don't exactly struggle to create, i tend to have more XG, and if I don't, it's not a huge difference, however sometimes I can't score, and im constantly getting done by direct balls through defence. since I'm still trying to adapt to the fundamentals of this game, I was wondering if anybody could help me get out of this mess, maybe a change in tactics or formation. i would send a screenshot but it doesn't load up at all, so my tactics are below, they are:
in possession:
pass into space
play out of defence
hit early, whipped crosses
higher tempo

in transition:
take short kicks
distribute to cbs
counter
counter-press

out of possession:
high line