Player Role Spreadsheet FM21 [UPDATE 1.5 RELEASED]

1 hour ago, CARRERA said:

Where does the data actually come from? Do player stats need to be added manually? 

The data is pulled from FM squad view screen, where I've created a custom view. It then gets exported to a webpage file, and you copy and paste it into the spreadsheet. It'll then auto populate. 

5 hours ago, CharlieTZR said:

I'd be very interested, please upload it.

I will upload a copy of it when it's complete.

18 minutes ago, jtaylor1409 said:

The data is pulled from FM squad view screen, where I've created a custom view. It then gets exported to a webpage file, and you copy and paste it into the spreadsheet. It'll then auto populate. 

I'd definitely be interested in a copy! :)

4 hours ago, jtaylor1409 said:

How do you export a page from FM? I tried looking for a solution, but couldn't figure it out

14 hours ago, Mr_Demus said:

How do you export a page from FM? I tried looking for a solution, but couldn't figure it out

When you've assigned the view on your squad page, you'd press CTRL and P on your keyboard this will bring up an option to print to Printer/Web Page/Text File.

Edited by jtaylor1409

52 minutes ago, jtaylor1409 said:

When you've assigned the view on your squad page, you'd press CTRL and P on your keyboard this will bring up an option to print to Printer/Web Page/Text File.

Jeebus, it had to be that easy. I feel stupid now. Cheers.

• jtaylor1409 changed the title to Player Role Spreadsheet FM21 [UPDATED 1.3 RELEASED]
  • jtaylor1409 changed the title to Player Role Spreadsheet FM21 [UPDATE 1.4 RELEASED]
  • 2 weeks later...
  • jtaylor1409 changed the title to Player Role Spreadsheet FM21 [UPDATE 1.5 RELEASED]

Am I doing this wrong - if I change my DNA attributes on the dashboard sheet, they don't get updated on any of the other sheets and I have to go through and change them 3 times? If so I would recommend you set them up on one sheet and then just reference that list elsewhere :)

16 hours ago, Britrock said:

Am I doing this wrong - if I change my DNA attributes on the dashboard sheet, they don't get updated on any of the other sheets and I have to go through and change them 3 times? If so I would recommend you set them up on one sheet and then just reference that list elsewhere :)

That's a good point raised and isn't something I've tried out for myself as I use mine as is on the sheet. Will look into it further but makes perfect sense what you are saying. 👍

• 1 month later...
On 08/03/2021 at 18:29, jtaylor1409 said:

Version 1.52 released!

Hi @jtaylor1409

i think you have error in your "stats" sheet. First two columns "A" and "B" are hide, so Technical Attributes are beginning from column "D", but in your formula it is "=AVERAGE(G3:T3)". So you calculate Agg, Ant and Bra as Technical, but do not calculate Cor, Cro and Dri. Obviously all another "average" like Mental and Physical are calculated wrong. Does this shift affect Role Ratings?

By the way, you allow to change set of DNA attributes, but it is not affect "Stats" sheet. it has always your set.

Also i have one small question. When you calculate Role Rating in "Squad" sheet, you always divide last attribute by some "magical" number. For example, in False 9 role, you divide Bal by 4,719. Why is that?

Edited by woland

Hi @jtaylor1409

and another issue. in Abilities sheet DNA column has formula "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4;STATS!$C$3:$BO$500;55;FALSE);0)*5" So we look in column 55 in Stats sheet for current player. Do you know what column has index 55? It is BC, "Men" column, not DNA, DNA is BE, index 57.

Your file full of errors, mate, sorry.

Edited by woland

• 1 month later...
On 12/05/2021 at 07:15, woland said:

Hi @jtaylor1409

and another issue. in Abilities sheet DNA column has formula "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4;STATS!$C$3:$BO$500;55;FALSE);0)*5" So we look in column 55 in Stats sheet for current player. Do you know what column has index 55? It is BC, "Men" column, not DNA, DNA is BE, index 57.

Your file full of errors, mate, sorry.

the 55 counts from the first index of the array passed to the VLOOKUP, which starts on column C. 

• 2 years later...
On 20/01/2021 at 16:44, jtaylor1409 said:

Afternoon guys.

I have been working on this for my own personal save and have been getting a great deal of enjoyment out of it. It's fairly basic and entry level in regards skills but may be of use to some of you perhaps? Let me know if you'd like me to upload a copy when I've finished working on it and I will. It's in the form of an Excel spreadsheet.

At the moment it has ratings for each position and role, it pulls in the Attributes and sets a DNA rating too accompanied with Radar graph. 

Current version 1.5: Download here

Updated Log v1.52
- Dropdown menu on the 'Scouting' tab for Positional Analysis now working.

Updated Log v1.51
- Removed Link from the spreadsheet linking back to the previous file.
- Made it so DNA only has to be input on DASHBOARD & SCOUTING pages ONLY.

Update Log v1.5
– Addition of weighted attributes to increase the reliability of ratings.
– Redesigned the look
– Scouting aspect added.
– Abilities tab expanded and the Comparison tab added.

Update Log v1.4
– Fixed formulas giving incorrect ratings to positions L-S, L-A, W-S, W-A, TM-S, TM-A.
– Added ‘Abilities’ tab which gives a squad overview of the abilities area on the Dashboard page.
– Added Gold, Silver and Bronze colours to Squad Positional Analysis section of Dashboard to highlight 1st, 2nd and 3rd best options for each position.
– Removed previous profile view to decrease file size and enhance load speed.

Update Log v1.3
– Removed ‘Positions’ tab from selectable options
– Reworked the profile view tab and added ‘Dashboard’ tab.
– Added Abilities tab on Dashboard view to see a players ability for specific areas of their game.
– Added players Best & Worst positions which will automatically update for each individual player.

Update Log v1.2
– Added ‘Positions’ tab which will evaluate your squad on one page and their abilities for selected positions.

Update Log v1.1
– Added ability to highlight attributes based on role.
– Added the ability to get ratings for Goalkeepers.
– Corrected issue with NAT and PAC appearing the wrong way round with view.

comp2.png.0458c0dc98c349658a05d2621f03c84d.png

abilities.png

dashboard.png

scout.png

Hey!

Your download link is dead, any chance of a reupload? :D

On 30/10/2023 at 16:16, Christopher S said:

Hey!

Your download link is dead, any chance of a reupload? :D

I'm not the creator, but it looks like their website domain has expired.

Here is a copy of the spreadsheet that I downloaded previously. Hope it helps. I still used it for FM23 so it's still useful.

FM21 Player Roles Spreadsheet v1.52.xlsx