Media Module

joe5p

Given the number of different people involved in the media, is there scope to re-evaluate the module in FM?

For example, at the moment the game allows you to add fanzine's, podcasts etc which is great. However, the person data part is fairly limited. If adding people, you need to assign them to one employer, but in real life journalists are often either freelance or associated with multiple publications. 

Similarly, pundits play a massive part in the generation of discussion and controversy, but aren't really captured much in the game. Increasingly, pundits are also involved in interviewing players or managers pre and post match, but they aren't strictly journalists and often work for more than one station/source.

See the issues Neil Lennon has had this week with comments made by Andy Walker. Andy Walker is a co-commentator rather than a journalist but his input is what has created all the back page headlines along with Lennon's reaction. 

Best example I can think of in terms of cross league work is Chris Sutton. In the Scottish game, he would be viewed as antagonistic/controversial and would make loads of comments that would be picked up post match. Yet he also covers the English league for 5live where his input is more sedate. 

If I add him to the game, I can only assign him to one source, and have to create static characteristics for him. In reality his approach differs depending on the league he is covering.

I appreciate that it is a small area of the game, and that while unlicensed, the realism part depends a great deal on editor work/community creation, but it seems a little narrow in terms of what you can and cannot control via the editor. 

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...