I signed an assistant manager and the old assistant, instead of being sacked, somehow remained at the club

Zoolok42

So, Nintendo Switch, latest system update and the current FM 21 version.

The staff screen said my assistant was the new one I hired, but I kept getting reports from the one I sacked, and in the dropdown to pick whose opinion you want to hear, they were both listed there. When I found him by using the search function, he was listed as still working for the club, and I had the option to sack him (again).

• SI Staff

Hey @Zoolok42, this sounds like a strange bug. Could you share some screenshots with us that example this? Additionally, when hiring your new assistant manager, had you sacked your previous assistant already, or upon your new one signing the contract, was the old one's contract terminated?

Sure, here are the screenshots. So I hired a new assistant and the current one (Mike Phelan) was supposed to have his contract terminated upon signing the new one. However, that didn't happen, and, as you can see in the screenshots, I now have two assistants, and Mike Phelan is still contracted to Man Utd. He is only visible in that dropdown, the staff overview screen only shows the new assistant. I also get all my player reports and the rest from Mike Phelan.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg