Board is grabbing money from transfer budget (Bug or feature?)

Hi,

I had 183M transfer budget due to player sales, in the first week of April board announced the new budget and my transfer budget dropped to 68M. This is the second time it is happening, I thought it was a one time thing but now I know : it isn't. As far as I know in previous FMs the transfer budget was being transferred to the next season.

Anybody knows about it? This is the first time I am experiencing this in FM series.

When you say grabbing its actualy exiting the team?

If its still in the balance then they are just not making it available so it can be spent in other things. Some boards actually actively look for this. To make a profit in the transfer market which can fund other aspects of the team. You would have to see if the team looks like it needs the money for other areas, or maybe the board just thinks you don't need to spend that much money on transfers to fulfill their objectives. 68M is already a big budget.

As I understand it, the next season budget is a reset of your transfer and wage budgets so they'll take your current budget off you and give you a new one based on the club's finances. If you had £180m budget prior to the reset your new season's budget will be higher than it would have been if you'd have had 0 in the budget. This is fairly realistic. Clubs don't allow managers to keep their own transfer budget from year to year and it's not uncommon for clubs to use profits from player sales to fund other parts of the club.

You can see your next season's transfer budget in the Transfer screen underneath your current transfer kitty. If it looks like they are going to reinvest that current amount into the club overall, that's a cue to get in a transfer or two before they take it away from you ;) Assuming you've got wage room of course.

Thanks for all the replies:applause:

Actually we were in a good position financially, at the bottom of wage budget/turnover list,  so I don't think that was the case. I am in charge of Tottenham and probably that's why. At the end of the season Daniel Levy sold the club and new chairman gave me 270M to spend. So I can say that I got my money back. But next season I will not risk it and spend most of it before April. :lol: