Russian players are loyal

Hi guys, I just noticed something really really interesting (to me at least) and I want to share it with you guys and get the opinion of those of you who managed in Russia before. So, I am playing as Spartak Moscow and I am not beginning my 3rd season. For those of you who don't know, Spartak has a lot of young talent and a very good team overall, also the academy has been producing some jaw-dropping regens over these 2-3 years. Now that the stage is set, here is what I find interesting:

Over the years, I have received offers for my players from all across the globe, especially the rich chineese clubs but never once had my players became unsettled. Now ... every rule has it's exceptions and this is no different. There was one instance when Inter Milan made an offer for my very talented midfielder Nail Umyarov (see album below), but I flat out rejected it). This caused the player to wanted to "have a chat", but surprisingly he agreed to stay at the club. Because I am trying to build a European powerhouse here, I have rejected all the offers for my best russian players (I need the good ones because of the rules in the league) and they didn't become unsettled, no matter the offer of the value or stature of the club enquiring. I have managed in more than 75% of Europe in my 15 years of FM, but never once have I seen this before. Usually, when a club makes offers relentlesly, even wanting to overpay me, the player eventually wants to be allowed to discuss terms with that club, but not here aparently (except that unique instance I mentioned above). I would like to know what you guys think about this and especially from those of you who have managed in Russia before (I didn't) and let me know what your experience was like. Also, have you had this fortunate thing happen to you at any other club ?

Not related to the topic, but nice to see nontheless, is the academy of this club ... absolutelly stellar. I included a few screenshots below so you can see what talent it can produce. I introduced every single great youngster into the first team as soon as possible because I wanted to give them minutes and mentoring, etc. For those of you who feel that Western Europe has become stale and want a fresh interesting adventure, I recommend you trying this club.

https://imgur.com/a/Nh0rR0R

Isn't the standard narrative on this topic from the real world the following: Because of the squad rules, Russian clubs pay Russian players ridiculously high wages due to the fact that they need Russian key players in their squad. This means that Russian players will not be offered more lucrative contracts from other countries unless we talk about the very biggest clubs in Europe.

That may be represented in the game somehow. Perhaps the template for newgens with Russian nationality is set to have high loyalty and/or low adaptability?

On 21/01/2021 at 15:10, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I'm just wondering if it may be tied to two things?

1. A low adaptability stat - they may not feel they want to move, as they won't settle into the culture?

2. I wonder if they might think they won't get the work permit, so they're not kicking up a fuss? 

Just my guesses though.

You made a good point with the low adaptability stat and I actually fired up the in game editor to check this. I have went through my own players, as well as the other best players in the league. I didn't notice a low adaptability issue, in fact I noticed the contrary with players age 25+. I would assume that age has an impact on how adaptable a player is and this is why the older the player, the higher this stat gets on average.

Speaking of work permit, they don't really need one, except for UK. I have just declined an offer for Nail Umyarov from Dortmund worth £ 34M in 23/24 and he didn't even make a squeak. His adaptability is 17 and he doesn't even have Spartak Moscow as his favourite club. We also just knocked out Dortmund out of UCL Quarter - Final, so that might have had an impact on him not kicking up a fuss (but still their reputation exceeds ours).

On 22/01/2021 at 18:34, Vänsterback said:

Isn't the standard narrative on this topic from the real world the following: Because of the squad rules, Russian clubs pay Russian players ridiculously high wages due to the fact that they need Russian key players in their squad. This means that Russian players will not be offered more lucrative contracts from other countries unless we talk about the very biggest clubs in Europe.

That may be represented in the game somehow. Perhaps the template for newgens with Russian nationality is set to have high loyalty and/or low adaptability?

Russian clubs don't pay ridiculously high wages to russian players in my save. Heck, I am massively underpaying them if anything. I have top notch players on an average of £2.2 M / year. My best paid russian player, Nail Umyarov is on £ 2.9M / year and the next best paid is the captain, Georgy Djikia on £ 2.4M / year. I have sold a few russian players over the years, as the interest in them was very high and I had little use for them and they all got much much better contracts elsewhere (and Im talking mid table elsewhere type of club). I conclude that contracts are definetly not a factor, as they can get better contracts almost anywhere else at clubs of similar reputation and stature.

You are right on your second point though (half - right) :) As I replied to @isignedupfornorealreason , I checked their stats with the in game editor and their adapatability is not an issue at all. Umyarov for example has adaptability 17 and most of the players age 25+ have decent adaptability on average. However, you were spot on with the loyalty stat. I have noticed that is quite high on average across all russian players no matter the age. On this stat, age didn't seem to have any sort of impact. I have 2 wonderkids (both lethal strikers, aged 19 and 18) and they have loyalty 14, respectively 16.

All in all, it's very refreshing playing at Spartak Moscow, not having to constantly appease players for declining every single offer that comes their way. I will surely miss this luxury the minute I decide to start again in the top leagues.

В 19.01.2021 в 19:51, SebastianRO сказал:

Hi guys, I just noticed something really really interesting (to me at least) and I want to share it with you guys and get the opinion of those of you who managed in Russia before. So, I am playing as Spartak Moscow and I am not beginning my 3rd season. For those of you who don't know, Spartak has a lot of young talent and a very good team overall, also the academy has been producing some jaw-dropping regens over these 2-3 years. Now that the stage is set, here is what I find interesting:

Over the years, I have received offers for my players from all across the globe, especially the rich chineese clubs but never once had my players became unsettled. Now ... every rule has it's exceptions and this is no different. There was one instance when Inter Milan made an offer for my very talented midfielder Nail Umyarov (see album below), but I flat out rejected it). This caused the player to wanted to "have a chat", but surprisingly he agreed to stay at the club. Because I am trying to build a European powerhouse here, I have rejected all the offers for my best russian players (I need the good ones because of the rules in the league) and they didn't become unsettled, no matter the offer of the value or stature of the club enquiring. I have managed in more than 75% of Europe in my 15 years of FM, but never once have I seen this before. Usually, when a club makes offers relentlesly, even wanting to overpay me, the player eventually wants to be allowed to discuss terms with that club, but not here aparently (except that unique instance I mentioned above). I would like to know what you guys think about this and especially from those of you who have managed in Russia before (I didn't) and let me know what your experience was like. Also, have you had this fortunate thing happen to you at any other club ?

Not related to the topic, but nice to see nontheless, is the academy of this club ... absolutelly stellar. I included a few screenshots below so you can see what talent it can produce. I introduced every single great youngster into the first team as soon as possible because I wanted to give them minutes and mentoring, etc. For those of you who feel that Western Europe has become stale and want a fresh interesting adventure, I recommend you trying this club.

https://imgur.com/a/Nh0rR0R

If we talking IRL situation, Russian clubs have a stupid foreign limit, so Russian players have no reason to leave own clubs because they have a good salary (highly overrated for them) and gurantee of time ( + dont forget their tax just 13%, because Russia has multiple tier taxation). Just few high-potential players with an ambitions could try to play in Europe.

Concerning FM, I played in AZ in FM20 and this was the same situation as your. I tried to sell my striker because I have few young players for his position, but he didnt leave my club even for top clubs and HIGHER salary. Feels like players like a 'dynasty' team and stability of this

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

If we talking IRL situation, Russian clubs have a stupid foreign limit, so Russian players have no reason to leave own clubs because they have a good salary (highly overrated for them) and gurantee of time ( + dont forget their tax just 13%, because Russia has multiple tier taxation). Just few high-potential players with an ambitions could try to play in Europe.

Concerning FM, I played in AZ in FM20 and this was the same situation as your. I tried to sell my striker because I have few young players for his position, but he didnt leave my club even for top clubs and HIGHER salary. Feels like players like a 'dynasty' team and stability of this

I haven't played the game in Russia before in any edition of FM, this is why I decided to create a thread about it. Managing here feels so so ... retro. To me it feels exactly like the IRL football in the 90s and 00s especially in Italy. The italian players there would preffer to play for the same club (or in the same league at least) for their entire career. Personally, I very very much like this because it gives the clubs and the league an actual identity.

Regarding ambition, as you mentioned, I just checked the ambition stat for all of my best players and I noticed that it's particularly high regardless of age, even higher than their loyalty stat (on average). The "dynasty" you mentioned, yea ... it feels exactly like that :)