Hello S.I.

I just wanted to say a thing..

We are customers, we pay the game, so we should just play it and relax! Nothing else.

Instead, the game isn't playable and it's very a frustrating situation!

We don't task to reporting bugs 'cause we're not your "testers", let alone your software developers!!

Isn't our job.

I play, as others, on a mobile, FM games since 2013.

We are in 2021, and we still find several bugs in game since the first release!

This is unacceptable.

So. If we have to play your game without several bugs (maybe), I should be waiting for last release (may-june 2021).

Is it serious?

Despite this uncomfortable situation, we're glad to enjoy to report bugs helping you to improve the game.

At the moment, WE (customers) have reported 8 several bugs still to fix:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/541985-players-being-recalled-and-some-players-complaining-about-a-transfer-being-rejected-when-havent-received-one/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/544100-high-wage-demands-for-free-players/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/544587-selecting-no-transfer-budgets-in-first-window-extends-to-second-season/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/544330-bug-transfer-budget-gone/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/542817-lineup-bug-limiting-player-appearances/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/544581-budget-being-reduced-not-only-by-transfer-fee-but-also-by-future-sell-on-clause/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/545620-loan-player-buyout-clauses-still-happening/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/543007-ai-team-doesnt-have-a-gk/

How long should we waiting for the game updates?

Really.. we don't care about winter's transfers.. isn't our priority.

Cheers.

PaZa

• 7 months later...

I’m going to bump this thread because the OP has a really good point.

If you’re going to make use of paying customers as ongoing testers, you’ve got to give something back. This approach has to be customer centric. You need to provide feedback to those who reported them and where they were reported. If you don’t show progress, your customers will simply stop reporting issues and even paying for future releases.

You’re using a variation of Lean Start Up and it has to be customer centric. See Dropbox for one of the best known examples.

I’m a Training Consultant for pretty much everything Agile. Please make use of my knowledge.

Edited by TraffordFMM

• 3 weeks later...

While I understand people can be unhappy with bugs and especially so if they're persistent. But the purpose of this forum isn't for there to be a dialogue that is a reassurance that SI are working on things. The expectation is that you come into this knowing SI are looking to resolve issues and so its a waste of time that could in turn be spent fixing things to reply to threads that don't actually offer up anything new in terms of evidencing bugs.

Each of the threads listed in the original post have a designation, under review, known issue and a couple even have fixed besides them.

The bugs that impact your gameplay will be a far more pressing concern than the bugs that you never run into, but its not as simple as just deciding to fix it so please, keep this in mind because this doesn't help make any meaningful progress towards the resolution of bugs. Perfectly happy for people to discuss things that are linked in the thread but as this isn't actually directly related to a bug I'll move this to the general discussion.

Thank you for replying.

Absolutely agree. This thread should have wider audience  

Bugs are a natural occurrence in games development. It isn’t a case of ‘if’ there will be bugs but instead ‘how many?’.

I’ve reported bugs via the app and here and so far not a single acknowledgment from SI. I have seen no evidence that the bugs I’ve reported are even in a backlog, yet alone being fixed. My assertion is that either SI are not customer focused or simply have more tech debt than they can handle. The likelihood is the latter.

It’s a shame because a good game is often being made unplayable, as mine is right now  

I am in complete agreement with OP. 

• SI Staff

If you have logged the bugs via. the forums or the in-app reporting system then they will have been logged on our system and we will do our best to address them. In all honesty we don't always keep great track of where the report came from (ie. you may not get a reply in the thread) and/or we can't reply to you directly if you log it via. some systems.

As has been mentioned previously we have a small team working on the mobile game and we balance between supporting the current version (ie. bug fixing/tuning) and working on the next years game - we try and ensure the game is as playable as possible, but sadly any sufficiently complex application is unlikely to ever be 100% bug-free, especially so a simulation like FMM when a reasonable proportion of the bugs are perception based - ie. 'x' happening is unrealistic in my opinion.

I sincerely appreciate the enthusiasm and feedback I get from the community, so please keep giving us feedback.

I am afraid I do disagree with the idea that the current game is unplayable, not least because I've played through multiple games to completion as Eastbourne Town myself and the average ratings on the stores and the feedback we get from the bulk of people playing it appears to be extremely positive (which doesn't mean we can't improve it, I'm aways trying to).

PS - I'll go through the threads you've posted next week, but we are approaching feature completion for this years product so at present my main focus is on getting that product ready.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, TraffordFMM said:

Luck you Jack. How did that happen? We could probably do a better of job of fixes than the Devs.

We have openings for developers on the mobile team (and indeed most teams) if you believe that to be true then please by all means apply.

Careers @ SI

(in case you're interested we use a largely agile approach to development)

Sigames. You need to start talking to your customers. This is poor. 

I regularly post on these forums (and various other non-SI affiliated forums/facebook groups) - obviously this isn't my primary function as the lead designer/developer on FMM, but I think we do fairly well at being open and communicating honestly with people.

Thank you Marc. It’s good to see your input to this thread. Feedback, both ways, is important.

Sadly my game is unplayable and I have logged a report via the app. But if you can give me a simple fix, I’ll take it. In short, I can move players in to the first team but I can’t move them back in to reserves. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Papatzikos is first team. Nelson is reserves.

Hope you can help. 

030C5A86-B00B-4BD2-BC40-2A916CE59177.png

3913CAD8-F9FD-4A16-AA89-ADE73FFB6F26.png

12 hours ago, TraffordFMM said:

Thank you Marc. It’s good to see your input to this thread. Feedback, both ways, is important.

Sadly my game is unplayable and I have logged a report via the app. But if you can give me a simple fix, I’ll take it. In short, I can move players in to the first team but I can’t move them back in to reserves. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Papatzikos is first team. Nelson is reserves.

Hope you can help. 

030C5A86-B00B-4BD2-BC40-2A916CE59177.png

3913CAD8-F9FD-4A16-AA89-ADE73FFB6F26.png

I'm guessing your reserve team is full. I think the limit is 40. Try releasing one or two reserve players and see if you can demote players after that. 

Just to put in my two cents on this, I appreciate the game isn't perfect and there will always be bugs, but I think SI produce a hell of a game ever year. I put in hundreds of hours of play each time and I couldn't do this if it was as bad as the OP suggests. The hard work is appreciated. 

While individual feedback would be nice, I'd rather they didn't spend too much time on the forums. Pretty sure when you raise a bug for FIFA you don't get EA asking you to do the UAT. 

And I especially don't want them bowing too much to pressure on here as inevitably it will come down to whoever moans the most and the loudest. 

Maybe as a compromise, SI could present a list of smaller bug fixes on here every sprint and users can vote for the one(s) they want implemented? That way users get some input and you'd be able to gauge the bugs that are bothering people the most. 

As always there are other alternative titles if FMM is not to your liking. Good luck with those. I've tried them and they're mostly terrible. 😉

Edited by passenger58

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, passenger58 said:

I'm guessing your reserve team is full. I think the limit is 40. Try releasing one or two reserve players and see if you can demote players after that. 

I concur ... either that or promote two and that should give you the space to demote one.

I'll see about putting leaving the button present but explaining the situation to users in the next version of the game, that might help avoid people getting confused about this sort of thing?

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Maybe as a compromise, SI could present a list of smaller bug fixes on here every sprint and users can vote for the one(s) they want implemented? That way users get some input and you'd be able to gauge the bugs that are bothering people the most. 

We don't do this for a myriad of reasons ... firstly sometimes I 'think' I've fixed something but I've only fixed a few instances of it and there are others which crop up (which would annoy users if we claim something is rectified and it turns out not to be), secondly often the way something has been undertaken to fix the issue means it can't be released in an update ... for instance for this years coming game I've rewritten the transfer shortlisting AI totally from scratch, it was the only feasible way to move the squad handling of the CPU teams forward which is something I know a lot of users would like to see.

The shortlisting  issues as they 'were' were bugs as such, just really limitations upon a system which was originally designed to shoe-horn a football management game into a 14mb mobile device 15 years ago (which meant a lot of the architecture behind it was somewhat limited). I try and design our products to be extensible, but as with any software, at some point you have to unbolt a module and rewrite it from scratch to really move it along.

(incidentally we do use a 'bug score' system internally to try and decide which problems get attention first when it comes to bug fixing - there are a number of factors which go into this including how often it affects users)