Some Virtual players have names not matching their First Nationality and Languages

Tarp

Hello,

There is something odd with some of the virtual players that populate the teams, as their names do not match their Nationality (and thus languages), but are based on the country they are playing in! I know that in the past it was not the case, the virtual player names were always based on their displayed nationality.

Here is an example, a Chilean player playing for the U20 squad of Brusque, in the Brazilian Serie C:

image.thumb.png.7d852266b7ffe2bbd50e670b50b0d6ab.png

His name is 100% brazilian, but he is displayed as Chilean. He has both nationalities if you look at his informations:

image.png.7e5c99c55534116aba134364bcd3dac7.png

But here you see that he only speaks spanish, wich matches with his Chilean nationality.

Every foreign virtual player of a squad is exactly the same, his name is based on the club's nationality but not his primary nationality, and everytime he has both his nationality as primary and the club's nationality as other.

More examples:

image.thumb.png.626752ff5b92059244a283a435c535b3.png

2 players of the U18 squad of Bolton, english names

image.thumb.png.1e3d11cd437372040f040cf25cdb02c2.png

Iranian player playing for Hamburg with a german name, and moreover, he only speaks persian

image.png.56e6cb340e2c9b014d07210bb04b5cdb.png

It really breaks the immersion for me. Could you please investigate this, and hopefully make it that a player name is always generated based on his first nationality? It would eliminate this problem.

Also, another question... does this issue will concern as well regen players, or regen players will have a name based on their first nationality?

Many thanks!

• Tarp changed the title to Some Virtual players have names not matching their First Nationality and Languages

Hi,

can someone confirm me he has the above mentioned issue as well?

It seems like the game is not handling correctly the dual nationalites to determine the name of the fake / virtual players.

Thank you.

I have noticed this too. My reserve team at Rennes is basically empty because I've sold/loaned almost every over-18 player not in my first-team.

In fact, I've noticed a few other quirks with these greyed-out players at different points in my save game:

SAVE 1 (13 JANUARY)

grey1.thumb.png.cc8378336e2064721aeda759b9f8c8b8.png

SAVE 2 (4 MAY)

grey2.thumb.png.b5eeb52a1fef51ff30f2d7989760b505.png

SAVE 3 (1 JUNE)

grey3.thumb.png.62606556e24dbf95e61c58b368f23349.png

SAVE 4 (11 JUNE)

grey4.thumb.png.aa29bef967718f55fb56da0b053b89a7.png

Not only do some of these greyed-out players have names that don't match their first nationalities, but they also tend to switch nationalities and/or surnames at will. Other details such as their age, height and weight also tend to change dramatically at multiple points in a season.

Note how Corentin Even switches from Polish to French, or how Thibaud Ollivier is French then Canadian then French again. Also, Jean-Jacques Lemarie from Senegal becomes Jean-Jacques Le Gall from Turkey, then Jean-Jacques Le Gall from France.

I can't seem to upload any save games to the OwnCloud right now, but I will do ASAP if required.

Obviously, this isn't a major issue that needs fixing right this minute, but I can see why it would break immersion if you're managing in a league where not all teams can fill their squads with real or newgen players.

On 18/01/2021 at 22:26, Tarp said:

Also, another question... does this issue will concern as well regen players, or regen players will have a name based on their first nationality?

I don't think newgens are affected by this in the same way. They will usually be generated with a name that suits their nationality or dual nationality.

A French-Tunisian is perhaps more likely to have a typically Tunisian name than a white French one. There may be a few odd ones, like a Latvian newgen based in England with an English second nationality who's called Richard Smith, but 90%+ of the time, the names are what you would expect to see.

Well, the issue is even worse than what I thought then, I did not notice those surname / nationality switches before... Now I'm sure it is due to the dual nationality of those players having been very poorly implemented for the virtual players, the game does not know how to handle them in the database...

• 1 month later...