Bayern Munich woes

Hi folks,

I need some advice. I know, even an ape could lead Bayern towards winning the Bundesliga and reaching the semi-finals of the ECL.
But my woes lie elsewhere.

1. Lewandowski
He's maybe the best player atm IRL but ingame he almost never scores, even if my team is winning like 4-0 or so.
I had to set him as #1 for penalties and central close freekicks, just so that he'll score that way from time to time.
If he doesn't do it that way, he'll get his 6, sometimes even 5 in every match...

He is my lone striker (Complete Forward) and I know that this is a) a hard role in general (getting marked, being alone, etc.).
But this isn't normal. If I simulate/skip a match he often scores two, or even three goals but in the EME he is useless, even if used as a poacher.
My tactic is a more agressive Tikki-Takka with either 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1. Having a "10" or not doesn't make much difference.
(it doesn't matter, if my team works the ball into the box, dribbling/throughballs, etc. it's always the same)
Most of the time my Wingstrikers "steal" the goals (Gnabry, Sane, Coman, etc.) - or the AM/CM (mostly Müller, Kimmich)

The funny thing is that while I've often read topics like "lone striker doesn't score", "Complete Forward doesn't work in EME" on other boards (FMMvibe, etc.) but with someone like Haaland stuff gets much better.
So Lewandowski seems to have a strange mix of Stats. Heck, even Bayerns youngsters like Zirkzee score more goals like Lewy in the EME and I simply don't know why.
And I don't want to replace him anyway (trying to play as realistic as possible, even letting go Boateng, Martinez & Alba for free as IRL...)

2. Reserve
These are two points actually. Bayern has a semi-unique thing with it's Reserve team being in a "real league", not a reserve league.

2.1. The Reserve gets wrecked
Well, Bayern's Reserve isn't as strong as the year before (where they won the their league, the 3. Liga) but they should be a solid middle team regardless.
It sucks that we can't change the tactics (and no, even changing the coach alters the formation to something else then 4-4-2) but they get crushed by 95% of all other teams, which is hilarious.
And I can't do anything about it. Even feeding them players from the main-squad changes anything.
Is this a bug? Even if I go nuts and bring players in that are to strong for that league (freebies like Asamoah or players from the main-squad permanent) they still get crushed by MUCH weaker teams.
I have to make friendlies every damn weak so the moral won't go down into the abyss.

2.2. Reserve-Players and Training
Almost all of my Reserve players have info like "needs a better special training" or stuff like that in their training tab. So after some research I found out it has to do with the assistant coaches.
So I fired my fitness coach and hired another attacking one, just to see if the eg Strikers are happy now. But no, nothing changed.
In general all coaches of the main squad never had even one of the reserve players in their "tab". Does the game recognize the Reserve of Munich as seperate team?

• SI Staff

Any chance of you sending me your current save so I can look at tactics (with regards to the other issues I'll investigate and have a think about them).

PS - With reserve/b-team's one of the things which can affect their results is that very good players won't want to rot in a such a team and won't put out their full effort (basically a quality player won't want to risk injury playing for a reserve side), part of my testing will be to ensure that the right players are putting in the right effort for the team ...

7 hours ago, Frikki said:

2.2. Reserve-Players and Training
Almost all of my Reserve players have info like "needs a better special training" or stuff like that in their training tab. So after some research I found out it has to do with the assistant coaches.
So I fired my fitness coach and hired another attacking one, just to see if the eg Strikers are happy now. But no, nothing changed.
In general all coaches of the main squad never had even one of the reserve players in their "tab". Does the game recognize the Reserve of Munich as seperate team?

There are two different systems in the game: The Reserves system and the Second/B Team system. Which one you get depends on which league your playing (Germany gets the Second Team system). 

What you're experiencing is one of quite a few reasons that I keep banging on about the Second/B Team system and keep asking that it be made as much alike as the Reserve Team system as possible. 

As far as I can tell Second Teams have their own facilities and their own staff, which you can't see or upgrade - if you are at a club where the players are complaining about it, you can't do anything... With Reserves, they just seem to use your First team staff / facilities. In my mind, either Second Teams should do the same, or we should be given the ability to request the Second Team facilities be updated and to be able to hire the second team staff.

Of course my understanding of this is just based on what I've observed and I could be wrong. I haven't noticed this as much in FMM21 as in FMM20, so maybe it's been tweaked / changed or maybe the DB has been updated to give Second Teams of the clubs I'm using better facilities, etc. Not sure. But I'd love for the Second/B Team concept to be overhauled and made as close to the Reserves Team system as possible. 🤞

• SI Staff

I've tried to improve the way B-Team/Second teams work somewhat for FMM21, but from feedback its far from perfect at present so I'll appreciate all the pointers and feedback I can get to continue to improve things.

In FMM21 they should share your staff and facilities now (if there are any instances when they don't let me know - they do play at a seperate stadium obviously but the rest should be the same), but there are obviously still things to improve, I expect most of the remaining issues will be to do with player motivation during matches - at present it operates in the same way as the reserve team, older (or more established) players will only put in partial effort according to their personalities and may be frankly much reduced in performance if they're lazy and/or trying to avoid injury.

I'm especially interested in investigating any training issues you might be seeing and I'll start a save tonight to try and look into it myself, but if you have a save exhibiting things that I could look at then it would speed things up :)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marc

On 19/01/2021 at 14:00, Marc Vaughan said:

I've tried to improve the way B-Team/Second teams work somewhat for FMM21, but from feedback its far from perfect at present so I'll appreciate all the pointers and feedback I can get to continue to improve things.

In FMM21 they should share your staff and facilities now (if there are any instances when they don't let me know - they do play at a seperate stadium obviously but the rest should be the same), but there are obviously still things to improve, I expect most of the remaining issues will be to do with player motivation during matches - at present it operates in the same way as the reserve team, older (or more established) players will only put in partial effort according to their personalities and may be frankly much reduced in performance if they're lazy and/or trying to avoid injury.

I'm especially interested in investigating any training issues you might be seeing and I'll start a save tonight to try and look into it myself, but if you have a save exhibiting things that I could look at then it would speed things up :)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marc

I see someone on Vibe said this today:

When you put youth players in your reserve team they do grow their stats but if you demote players to B/2nd team, even when they play, their stats simply don't grow irrespective of the training facility of team. Same thing happens when you loan out a player from b-team or demote a player after loaning him out. ( Even if i sim the game for a season or two, they don't grow).

But I don't have any direct experience with that this year. I did notice that last year, but haven't played a long save in a league using Second Teams in FMM21.

Potentially complicating the matter is the fact that attributes increases/decreases don't get the green/red ^ symbols in the Second Team, so people might not even realise if/when players do improve. That issue has apparently been logged with the development team so hopefully will be fixed sometime.

There are other various Second Team issues floating around in the Gameplay issues forum. Here's another one I reported (and from memory ther are a few others): https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/539520-no-feedback-when-offering-second-team-players-to-clubs/

BTW, thanks for looking into this! 😄 I feel like we complain a lot and maybe don't say thanks enough. 

Wow, tanks for the detailed insight into that matter.

But yeah, this makes sense. If I choose a team with a Reserve in a reserve league things tend to be much "easier" (they grow better, cry less, win more, etc.)

I still can't find a way to a lone CF the way they should be in the EME. But I'll try some more things.

B-Team bug is most definately still there. All clubs with B-team / Youth team in real leagues have this notable bug in which players doesn't progress and are unhappy. Those "basic" reserve teams works well as it should be. One of the most best jobs and challenges would be take control of good youth producing team (Like PSV & Jong PSV or AZ, Ajax etc) and turn those into real young talent factories, but this B-team bug takes fun out of it unfortunately. This is something I'd like to fixed most in FMM as B-team is actually far more worse to have than reserve team! This have been the case for few years now and takes fun of taking over these clubs for having a save with intention of bringing up and nurturing team with local talent.

I dont mind that reserve teams are usually useless what it comes to results. Assistant managers are quite useless setting up tactics and even fielding formidable reserve team with great talent usually means 1-4 hammering with far worse opponent :lol: . But main thing is that youths get games and progress. This however isn't the case all years because I've noticed in many saves that these are those special years when no matter who is playing reserves are playing well and in EPL next year you're playing JPT trophy with reserve team! This seems to be happening in about 3-4 year cycles. Result-wise, B-teams tend to play better and consistently. I've had Jong AZ and Jong PSV teams consistently in top end of tables. But training coaches/facilities, progression and happiness is buggy as mentioned.

I'm sure these are just tweaks in otherwise quality product :)