Best DLP in the game get ridicilous low rating!

Im undefeated in both the league and CL. I have the best DLP in the game, playing in his favourite position. 
The rating system is completely broken.

NB! Yes, ratings is the most important thing for me!

Sandro Tonali_ Form.png

Sandro Tonali_ Profile.png

Serie A TIM_ Profile.png

UEFA Champions League_ Stages.png

Im having the same problem, my regen with 19 passing, 17 technique, 18 first touch etc is constantly getting bad ratings while playing DLP, ive had to change him to AP support because no matter who plays as the DLP in my game they dont get good ratings

Or... he just played poorly?

He got solid ratings against Brescia and Kyiv, two matches where he was heavily involved. On the other hand, against Napoli and Brugge he was involved much less, so it's no surprise he doesn't get a great rating. Parma is only for 15 minutes, so not much to say there and Juventus he was involved in the game, but didn't do anything to stand out, so he gets a fairly average rating.

I don't see why he deserves a higher rating in any of the matches where he didn't stand out. If you think he doesn't stand out enough in general, then perhaps reconsider his role in your team and whether you're truly utilizing him in a way that brings out the best in him.

14 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Or... he just played poorly?

He got solid ratings against Brescia and Kyiv, two matches where he was heavily involved. On the other hand, against Napoli and Brugge he was involved much less, so it's no surprise he doesn't get a great rating. Parma is only for 15 minutes, so not much to say there and Juventus he was involved in the game, but didn't do anything to stand out, so he gets a fairly average rating.

I don't see why he deserves a higher rating in any of the matches where he didn't stand out. If you think he doesn't stand out enough in general, then perhaps reconsider his role in your team and whether you're truly utilizing him in a way that brings out the best in him.

Was going to say exactly the same thing.... the ratings seem to reflect how heavily he was involved in both games.  If he's as good as you say, perhaps add the distribute to playmaker instruction if you haven't already?  That way, he'd be likely to be involved in your attacking play more often.

Tonali has an average rating of 5.71 in real life. If ever, well done on making him overperforming.

Hardly the best DLP in game.

Cattura.JPG

Just logged on to find if anyone else is experiencing this exact same problem. It’s the same for both my centre midfielders. Finding it hard to get good ratings for both mine. 

One assist in 10 games, and the games where he has made the most key passes is where is highest ratings are. 

He's not influencing games particularly.

There may well be a ratings issue, but this doesn't demonstrate one IMO.

There is a problem still with ratings from certain positions of the field, you only need to play the game to realise this, but as the other guy said ' The best DLP in the game' calm down not even on Frankie De Jong level.

Il y a 1 heure, Junkhead a dit :

One assist in 10 games, and the games where he has made the most key passes is where is highest ratings are. 

He's not influencing games particularly.

There may well be a ratings issue, but this doesn't demonstrate one IMO.

Yes he is not taking corners so his rating is bad.

If he plays DLP - D why should he have key passes? His pass % and positioning is much more important 

Il y a 2 heures, Sharkn20 a dit :

Tackling of 12 is at best average for DLP, so yeah not a good use of him, take him up the pitch, get him some key passes opportunities, that will improve him.

So he has to make him more advanced to have better ratings? Why would that be?

14 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

So he has to make him more advanced to have better ratings? Why would that be?

More advanced he should be able to dribble and give assists or score himself, hence padding his ratings.

il y a 10 minutes, Sharkn20 a dit :

More advanced he should be able to dribble and give assists or score himself, hence padding his ratings.

But how can you have a good defensive midfielder with good ratings? 

4 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

But how can you have a good defensive midfielder with good ratings? 

Key tackles aren't registered, this is a known bug, so the only thing to get him better ratings is passing shorter and making sure that he wins headers in midfield.

Errors aren't registered either, yet another bug. Which normally would bring ratings down.

34 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

If he plays DLP - D why should he have key passes? His pass % and positioning is much more important 

If he's playing as a playmaker, is there not an expectation from both the game and you that he is your main creator?

Dont compare to real life. Thats is a ridicilous argument. The point here is:

1) I am beating every opponent
2) He is in the team of the year because overall player ratings are so low
3) Tonali is maybe the best DLP in the game.

AND the most important argument. Even if we played prime Xavi, Pirlo or Thiago in DLP position, this broken match engine/rating system cant give high ratings.
The best DLP in the world should have a rating around 8.00 or higher. Not below 7.00. Thats ridicilous and ruins my game. Period!

Just now, ThomasHK1979 said:

Dont compare to real life. Thats is a ridicilous argument. The point here is:

1) I am beating every opponent
2) He is in the team of the year because overall player ratings are so low
3) Tonali is maybe the best DLP in the game.

AND the most important argument. Even if we played prime Xavi, Pirlo or Thiago in DLP position, this broken match engine/rating system cant give high ratings.
The best DLP in the world should have a rating around 8.00 or higher. Not below 7.00. Thats ridicilous and ruins my game. Period!

Good then, take care.

1 hour ago, evilpimp972 said:

To some extent yes (though try telling Pirlo his positioning was more important than his passes!) but then if we look at the games he played badly in according to the rating, he isn't doing anything a DLP should do. No interceptions, few touches of the ball, not tackling importantly or well.

Ratings have always being a bit shonky, but it'd be weirder still if a player had anything other than a poor rating for making one simple pass every two and a half minutes on pitch whilst doing nothing else useful in attack or defence.

2 hours ago, enigmatic said:

To some extent yes (though try telling Pirlo his positioning was more important than his passes!) but then if we look at the games he played badly in according to the rating, he isn't doing anything a DLP should do. No interceptions, few touches of the ball, not tackling importantly or well.

Ratings have always being a bit shonky, but it'd be weirder still if a player had anything other than a poor rating for making one simple pass every two and a half minutes on pitch whilst doing nothing else useful in attack or defence.

But the patches did the rating system worse. 

Huh? He has a rating of almost 7, which is good. Besides he has made 2 assists in 17 games, which really suggests he is not operating as a very good DLP. It is patently absurd to suggest a DLP with 2 assists in 17 games should have an average rating of over 8. Perhaps if you want him to get better ratings you should actually get him playing better? 

10 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Huh? He has a rating of almost 7, which is good. Besides he has made 2 assists in 17 games, which really suggests he is not operating as a very good DLP. It is patently absurd to suggest a DLP with 2 assists in 17 games should have an average rating of over 8. Perhaps if you want him to get better ratings you should actually get him playing better? 

You are missing the point here. You cant find any DLP in any team in the game which performs better. You have a CL winning team Liverpool which plays Thiago in DLP. He get the same rating. The best players in the world in each position should have ratings from 7.5 to 8 or <.

And yes. The data logging system IS broken. See here:

Edited by ThomasHK1979
5 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

You cant find any DLP in any team in the game which performs better.

My DLP has an average rating of 7.39 in my current season, with 17 assists in all competitions and 2 goals (I am at the end of February). 

And if it is a bug then post it in the bug forum. Posting it in the general discussion forum will generally encourage discussion.

5 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

My DLP has an average rating of 7.39 in my current season, with 17 assists in all competitions and 2 goals (I am at the end of February). 

And if it is a bug then post it in the bug forum. Posting it in the general discussion forum will generally encourage discussion.

Can you post a screen of your tactic?

Il y a 17 heures, Junkhead a dit :

If he's playing as a playmaker, is there not an expectation from both the game and you that he is your main creator?

DLP - D can make key passes playing from way deep but in the game key passes are ones that can create a chance, but I dont want my DLP - D to be the source of my goals, they rarely get assists....( Jorginho, Busquests, Fernanindho back in the days etc)

Edited by evilpimp972
Il y a 2 heures, sporadicsmiles a dit :

I wanna see your tactic plus if he plays on support or defend ( DLP - S can get decent ratings yes) and if he takes set pieces (aka rating cheese)

Looks like there's a known issue with the ratings for more defensive players, so once that's fixed that should help give a more accurate rating. I usually find my DLP is often the player who plays the pass prior to the assist so his stats don't look as good as some of my other players. He's also on a Defend duty so he usually only gets 1 or 2 goals a season. This affects his rating.

He still plays well, though. He's one of the best players in my team, in fact, regardless of his average rating. I'm not really sure why you're that bothered about his rating as long as he's actually playing well and doing what you want in your tactic.

28 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

I wanna see your tactic plus if he plays on support or defend ( DLP - S can get decent ratings yes) and if he takes set pieces (aka rating cheese)

Exactly!

3 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Who is this player, does he take corners or free kicks? my guess is he does, if not then does he have any other attacking midfielders in front of him, or does he have direct sight to your strikers.

From my experience in a formation like 4-2-3-1, the DLP doesn't have a chance of that average rating, not a chance in hell, unless he's on corners and free kicks.

I'm afraid it's impossible to make ratings realistic individually at the moment. It would need ME start calculating good first touches under pressure, good positioning and interrupting passing lines, work rate/distance cowered being rewarded. It's really long way to go to get intelligent rating system going on in my opinion. If I remember right in past FM's winning team got absurd ratings individually even if players didn't do anything. I don't want that back either.

Edit. Suggestion. Start calculating secondary passes to get more players involved to goals.

Edited by Pasonen
22 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Im undefeated in both the league and CL. I have the best DLP in the game, playing in his favourite position. 
The rating system is completely broken.

NB! Yes, ratings is the most important thing for me!

Sandro Tonali_ Form.png

Serie A TIM_ Profile.png

UEFA Champions League_ Stages.png

I'm having the same problem mate I have back to back promotions and my deeplying playmaker has been playing sensational if he don't score or don't get an assist I can guarantee his rating will be 6.9 and below even in games I win by 3-0 for instance I cant wait for this to be fixed it is completely ruining the game for us, along with key tackles and tackle attempts not being logged, to be fair its shocking that its been allowed in the game by the devs, I thought they played it before us so surely one of them could point it out and let on its a major part that needed to be fixed asap

Tayo Edun_ Form.png

attempt.png.0ac120a200e1155187e9d3282e32d224.png

key.png.396ffd8c5203f4480e5ccb0dc0d5f875.png

22 hours ago, Federico said:

Tonali has an average rating of 5.71 in real life. If ever, well done on making him overperforming.

Hardly the best DLP in game.

Cattura.JPG

So because you dont think Tonali is good IRL, that is your argument why he is not performing well in a computer game? Besides Tonali having 180+ PA and have insane stats well suited for DLP, this is the most stupid conclusion I have heard in my entire life :seagull:

54 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

I'm afraid it's impossible to make ratings realistic individually at the moment. It would need ME start calculating good first touches under pressure, good positioning and interrupting passing lines, work rate/distance cowered being rewarded. It's really long way to go to get intelligent rating system going on in my opinion. If I remember right in past FM's winning team got absurd ratings individually even if players didn't do anything. I don't want that back either.

Edit. Suggestion. Start calculating secondary passes to get more players involved to goals.

This is actually a good idea.

Ratings - whether that be the Star Ratings or Match Ratings - have always been imperfect and fairly arbitrary and been questioned by many many FM'ers. It's always going to happen when it's left to (a fairly basic) AI's interpretation and the code/criteria it follows.

Personally I don't get hung up on it, in fact I ignore them totally tbh. I watch matches, and if my players are doing what I want from them in the position/role they're selected then I'm happy and couldn't care less if they're averaging a 6.7 rating or whatever. I know they're worth to the team, I know what they bring, and quite frankly I the user know more than the Rating system and how it interprets events to come to its conclusions.

Edited by mp_87
Il y a 2 heures, Mike J a dit :

Looks like there's a known issue with the ratings for more defensive players, so once that's fixed that should help give a more accurate rating. I usually find my DLP is often the player who plays the pass prior to the assist so his stats don't look as good as some of my other players. He's also on a Defend duty so he usually only gets 1 or 2 goals a season. This affects his rating.

He still plays well, though. He's one of the best players in my team, in fact, regardless of his average rating. I'm not really sure why you're that bothered about his rating as long as he's actually playing well and doing what you want in your tactic.

If you are not watching full games, how do you know he is your best player?

Ratings are mostly important for awards, price and national teams ( you get called up based on your average rating)

So yes it bothers me.

37 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

If you are not watching full games, how do you know he is your best player?

Ratings are mostly important for awards, price and national teams ( you get called up based on your average rating)

So yes it bothers me.

Where did I say whether I watch full games or not? For the record I'll switch between full game, extended highlights and key highlights depending on the stage of the season and importance of the game. He does the job I want him to do more often than not, so I'm happy.

The ratings being used for value may or may not be true - I think reputation and attributes are generally favoured by the AI more than stats. The rating being used to determine national call-ups isn't a massive problem if all similar players are being evaluated using the same flawed system. Teams still need DLPs and non-creative midfielders so the rating relative to other players in the same position is more important than absolute numbers. I'd argue the way awards are calculated in FM is very close to real life where goals and assists are the most common factors used to judge players. It's extremely rare to see a defensive midfielder or defender win any player of the year awards over an attacking midfielder or a striker IRL.

il y a 23 minutes, Mike J a dit :

Where did I say whether I watch full games or not? For the record I'll switch between full game, extended highlights and key highlights depending on the stage of the season and importance of the game. He does the job I want him to do more often than not, so I'm happy.

The ratings being used for value may or may not be true - I think reputation and attributes are generally favoured by the AI more than stats. The rating being used to determine national call-ups isn't a massive problem if all similar players are being evaluated using the same flawed system. Teams still need DLPs and non-creative midfielders so the rating relative to other players in the same position is more important than absolute numbers. I'd argue the way awards are calculated in FM is very close to real life where goals and assists are the most common factors used to judge players. It's extremely rare to see a defensive midfielder or defender win any player of the year awards over an attacking midfielder or a striker IRL.

You said it doesnt matter if he doesnt get good ratings but you know he is playing good games. My problem is that you have to watch those games to know if he is your best player on the pitch, because ratings dont tell you the same story.

And I know what you mean, I see my DLP doing everything on the pitch...just to have a worse rating than the set piece taker lol

And yes defensive midfielders dont win ballon d'Or because their stats are not sexy at all. Still the ratings system is not about stats only, its about how well you play the position (SI said that they worked on it for fm 21). And since they dont have sexy stats, you NEED ratings to help.

Again it was not a problem in fm20, my dlp-d had better ratings (especially if we didnt score) because of how well he passes

1 hour ago, mp_87 said:

Ratings - whether that be the Star Ratings or Match Ratings - have always been imperfect and fairly arbitrary and been questioned by many many FM'ers. It's always going to happen when it's left to (a fairly basic) AI's interpretation and the code/criteria it follows.

Personally I don't get hung up on it, in fact I ignore them totally tbh. I watch matches, and if my players are doing what I want from them in the position/role they're selected then I'm happy and couldn't care less if they're averaging a 6.7 rating or whatever. I know they're worth to the team, I know what they bring, and quite frankly I the user know more than the Rating system and how it interprets events to come to its conclusions.

Congrats. Me and A LOT of people care very much about ratings. I already said that  in the first post.
Those people who doesnt care about ratings, just move on. You do not need to comment on this thread.

23 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

You said it doesnt matter if he doesnt get good ratings but you know he is playing good games. My problem is that you have to watch those games to know if he is your best player on the pitch, because ratings dont tell you the same story.

And I know what you mean, I see my DLP doing everything on the pitch...just to have a worse rating than the set piece taker lol

And yes defensive midfielders dont win ballon d'Or because their stats are not sexy at all. Still the ratings system is not about stats only, its about how well you play the position (SI said that they worked on it for fm 21). And since they dont have sexy stats, you NEED ratings to help.

Again it was not a problem in fm20, my dlp-d had better ratings (especially if we didnt score) because of how well he passes

On fm20 I won world player of the year 3 times in a row with Camavinga, he regularly finished the season with over an 8.0 rating and 1 in 2 goal contribution (g/a) so they maybe don’t win it in real life but they are definitely a whole lot worse this season along with the wide positions, I have trincao on loan from Barca playing amr with 35 goals and assists in 30 games, average rating? 7.1

First season in the premier league with Middlesbrough I’m top of the league with 3 games to go I have 9 players on average ratings on over 7 my goalkeeper is 7.2 and 2 strikers 7.3 so it’s definitely quite hard to understand.

11 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Congrats. Me and A LOT of people care very much about ratings. I already said that  in the first post.
Those people who doesnt care about ratings, just move on. You do not need to comment on this thread.

Ok, but you could save yourself a lot of bother. There have always been problems with Ratings (both under and over scoring certain players/roles) and likely always will until FM is in a place that is dramatically more advanced than its present state.

As an example on either FM14 or 15 I had a pivot midfielder (rated 1.5 stars by the game) who went through our unbeaten season with something ridiculous like a 97% pass completion at over 100 passes a game knitting play together, picked up every loose ball going, pure domination of the centre of the park and arguably our most important player. Always rated the worst though because the algorithm simply couldn't recognise it and thought he did very little.

My point is that was 6 or 7 editions ago now, threads are still being started about DLP's (as just one example) ratings in the present, and likely 6 or 7 editions in the future it still will be an issue, for DLP or any other positions. Accept it and you'll save yourself a headache.

It's definitely a problem right now. I encounter it with my dlp's on the 6 and my central defenders when playing with a back 3. It doesn't mirror the performance whatsoever, and an excellent display in defense without conceding a goal usually meant high ratings for the back 3, but even in such games my cb in the middle is incapable of getting anything above a 6.6 (It's David Alaba btw)

It's a serious problem because the rating a player receives determines a few things  and isn't just cosmetic.

Edit: I also disagree with the poster above me, the last two years the dlp position was one of the easiest to get regular good ratings with.

Edited by Nikopol
1 hour ago, mp_87 said:

Ok, but you could save yourself a lot of bother. There have always been problems with Ratings (both under and over scoring certain players/roles) and likely always will until FM is in a place that is dramatically more advanced than its present state.

As an example on either FM14 or 15 I had a pivot midfielder (rated 1.5 stars by the game) who went through our unbeaten season with something ridiculous like a 97% pass completion at over 100 passes a game knitting play together, picked up every loose ball going, pure domination of the centre of the park and arguably our most important player. Always rated the worst though because the algorithm simply couldn't recognise it and thought he did very little.

My point is that was 6 or 7 editions ago now, threads are still being started about DLP's (as just one example) ratings in the present, and likely 6 or 7 editions in the future it still will be an issue, for DLP or any other positions. Accept it and you'll save yourself a headache.

The point is that the ratings were better before the first patch. SI have messed it up completely. Look through all the key tackles and passes not being registered. A major bug. 

5 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Who is this player, does he take corners or free kicks? my guess is he does, if not then does he have any other attacking midfielders in front of him, or does he have direct sight to your strikers.

From my experience in a formation like 4-2-3-1, the DLP doesn't have a chance of that average rating, not a chance in hell, unless he's on corners and free kicks.

i play a 4-2-3-1 with Tagseth in the DLP-D role and his average rating was from memory 7.46. That is in the Championship though.

4 ore fa, ThomasHK1979 ha scritto:

So because you dont think Tonali is good IRL, that is your argument why he is not performing well in a computer game? Besides Tonali having 180+ PA and have insane stats well suited for DLP, this is the most stupid conclusion I have heard in my entire life :seagull:

I don't think anything, I look at his statistics. The statistics are saying he's not good as you probably think he is. You're expecting too much from him. 

And be careful on saying someone wrote something stupid because he has a different point of view.

2 hours ago, Federico said:

I don't think anything, I look at his statistics. The statistics are saying he's not good as you probably think he is. You're expecting too much from him. 

And be careful on saying someone wrote something stupid because he has a different point of view.

Okay then. Let me challenge you. Find the best DLP in the game, and make him get good ratings.? You can’t. That’s the whole point! And then you compare him with real life Tonali. WTH is the point of that🤣

Sure there is no rating bug🙄

Edited by ThomasHK1979

^You've started any number of threads here and gotten some excellent advise and feedback over the past year - I guess you just take that for granted, as there's zero reason to get your knickers in a twist and start insulting users when you don't like the answer. I know no one apologises on the internet, but a bit of self-awareness wouldn't go amiss.

Multiple people in this thread have acknowledged it's a bug and said to look in the bugs forum. People have also tried to be helpful with ways to mitigate or rationalize it until the code gets modified at some point, as this is obviously an important and emotional situation for you... playing this video game.

If he is not already, have Tonali take all your corners, all your free kicks, put him on penalties duty... or do a better job of your tactic in making him the focal point of your attacking movements, which he obviously isn't, or he'd be performing like the Brescia match week in week out.

This has started to go in a circle. SI have stated they are working on this, but no everyone is affected, so there are ways to work around it.

Also, quit the personal digs at each other, or this thread will be in danger of being locked.

In my experience going back many iterations of FM, a DLP(d) can get consistently low ratings if you are dominating the ball and the game.

He then often sits back and covers the defense without offering much support going forward, and if you're dominating then your defence and DLP(d) doesnt really have much to do.
If you DLP(d) also loses headers against the oppositions TM(s) when the opponent clears the ball long there's nothing in your DLPs game to give him a good rating, no attacking passes, no headers won, probably just a few couple interceptions etc.

If you use a tall, strong, quick DLP(s) instead he usually gets the best ratings in my team, oriol busquets is a great example of this kinda player.