[FM21][Mod] Stadium Image for in between highlight panels

Tyburn

DISCLAIMER: I take no credit for the parts that make up this small modification, only in putting it together. You will also have to have your own background images for stadiums. The code points to the images you may have for the actual stadium, not backgrounds you may have for club and/or City.

After noticing quite a few posts from users wanting to add background pictures to matchday, but be able to keep the 2d/3d ME, I thought I would share my solution, in it's own thread.

NOTICE: This does NOT add a full background picture behind the 2d (or 3d for that matter) pitch, but rather it shows a stadium picture on the inbetween highlights panel. If you want a full background picture of the stadium the game is being played at, there is a way, however it only works with commentary only. Please look for other threads in the Skinning Hideout if this is what you are after.

There are numerous skins that have this feature enabled already, but for those of us who prefer the Base Skins - this is how to add the stadium picture on matchday.

Spoiler

BACKGROUND: For every years release of FM (CM originally) I ALWAYS have to have a stadium background on matchday. For pure immersion you cannot beat it in my opinion. Last year the solution was widgets, and as we know they are no longer a thing. In all honesty I was never truely happy with widgets as the ME was always visable (even in between highlights) and I found the huge grey border (around the 2d ME) obscured a lot of the stadium image I had in the background.

This year, at first, I was dismayed at the prospect of having no stadium picture in the background. However, with the addition of Michael Murray's excellent Match Screen Mod, I have been able to have a full stadium picture on the screen, in between highlights, that then disappears when there is a highlight so we can focus on the action. In my view this is a far more elegant solution to widgets.

If you haven't already I strongly advise that you download The Match Screen Mod here:

I imagine that the code (below) will also work on other in between highlight panels - but this solution is used with the Match Screen Mod specifically.

When the Match Screen Mod is downloaded and installed place the attached file in documents/si/fm21/skins/(your skin...)/panels/match. It will ask you to overwrite so perhaps make a back up of the file first in case you want to revert.

I have only added the code, tweaked by me but originally taken from FlutSkin, to the top left panel of the Match Screen Mod, however the code can be put on any or all of the panels, if you so wished. The great thing about using The Match Screen panels is they can be enlarged to suit (See images) and still keep any other information you may want on the screen at the same time. The Match Screen Mod also works with any other skin (if it has not already altered the inbetween matchday panels)

THE CODE: (For those that want to tweak or use other inbetween highlight panels) Put this code in the file "match touchline tablet slot” (“ibh1" through to "ibh8") (Place this pretty much anywhere within the code, but I have added it between the widgets <! Both Team Player Ratings > and <! Standard views no alts >)

Spoiler

<!-- Stadium -->
 <container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="abcu" appearance="">
                <translation id="title" translation_id="229366" type="use" value="Stadium" />
                       <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="25,-1"  offset="0" gap="2" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper15" red_replacement="primary" blue_replacement="primary">
      <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom,extend" offset="0" gap="0"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>    

<!--stadium name-->
                       <widget class="stadium_button" id="strk" auto_size="all" icon_enabled="false" font="fonts/capitals_bold" alignment="centre,can_scale" colour="secondary" size="10-5">
                <record id="object_property">
                  <integer id="get_property" value="stad"/>
                </record>
              </widget>

</container>

<container>
                  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-11,-3" offset="0" gap="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />    
                                <widget class="background" file="backgrounds" id="bgnk">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
<integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
<integer id="set_property" value="file" />
</record>
</widget>

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper18">
                    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-6,1,-6,1,-7" offset="0" />
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<!--city-->
                <container>
                        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="top" layout="-1" offset="0" gap="0"/>
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<container>
                        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="0" gap="-2"/>
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>
                    <widget class="city_label" id="SctK" spec="text" style="bold" colour="flut_title" size="11" alignment="centre,can_scale" auto_size="vertical" >
                        <integer id="get_property" value="SctI" />
                      </record>
                    </widget>

<widget class="label" alignment="centre,can_scale" size="9" auto_size="vertical" >
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="319589" type="use" value="City[COMMENT: team stadium city, short title]" />
                    </widget>
                        </container>

</container>

<widget class="picture" file="dividers/standard/vertical/line" width="1" />    
                        <container>
                        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="top" layout="-1" offset="0" gap="0"/>

<container>
                        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="4" gap="-2"/>
                        <widget class="dashed_number_label" spec="text" style="bold" id="ScpK" size="11" colour="flut_title" alignment="centre,can_scale"  auto_size="vertical" >
                                <integer id="get_property" value="Scpy" />
                            </record>
                        </widget>
                        <widget class="label" alignment="centre,can_scale" size="9" auto_size="vertical" >
                          <translation id="text" translation_id="252902" type="use" value="Capacity[COMMENT: team stadium capacity, short title]" />
                    </widget>

</container>
                    </container>

<!--stadium condition-->

<!--stadium condition-->
                        <container>

<container>
                        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="0" gap="-2"/>

<widget class="stadium_condition_label" spec="text" style="bold" id="SdcO" colour="flut_title" size="11" alignment="centre,can_scale" auto_size="vertical" >
                                     <list id="value_list">
                                <record min_value="0" max_value="1" colour="condition_level5_overallclub" />
                                <record min_value="2" max_value="5" colour="condition_level4_overallclub" />
                                <record min_value="6" max_value="10" colour="condition_level3_overallclub" />
                                <record min_value="11" max_value="15" colour="condition_level2_overallclub" />
                                <record min_value="16" max_value="20" colour="condition_level1_overallclub"/>
                              </list>
                                <integer id="get_property" value="Sdcy" />
                            </record>
                        </widget>
                          <translation id="text" translation_id="284336" type="use" value="Stadium Condition[COMMENT: heading; team_information_panel; stadium condition]"/>
                    </widget>
                    </container>
        </container>

</container>    

</container>
    </container>

Load up the game (if it doesn't show - untick use cache, reset - clear cache, and then reload the skin.) You will then have a dropdown option titled "Stadium" on the top left in between highlight panel.

The code also has The City, Capacity and Stadium Condition listed across the bottom of the image. This was a personal choice, and one that came with FlutSkin. You can remove this if you so wished from the code.

image.thumb.jpeg.6059cd51b923925010a22c4f4064e9d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.edb485b523dc46f9d79d6c058c3b9236.jpeg

match touchline tablet slot ibh1.xml

Edited by Tyburn

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for doing this - I just have one issue. For some reason, the skin I'm using (a slight mod on the dark base skin which ensures background pics show up in full) doesn't have a 'match' folder in the panels section. Any thoughts as to why this is and therefore how I'd be able to use your mod? Thanks.

EDIT: Don't worry. I thought it might work without first downloading Michael's match screen mod thingy first but I now see that's necessary. All sorted now and with a bit of panel tweaking it looks great. You and Michael are legends.

Edited by Lord Duffucus

• 3 weeks later...

I presume you’ve unticked use caching, cleared cache and reloaded the skin?

If so, I don’t know for sure but my guess is the specific code used on the panel isn’t calling the code used by your config file in that folder.

I have multiple types of stadium backgrounds and the game calls them all independently. The code in this panel calls on the config file I have that controls the image I see when I click on the stadium name in game. For instance under facilities on the club screen. 

Where else in the game do you have stadium pictures showing that are in this folder? 

If anyone else can chime in with a possible reason for this and solution that would be great.

Edited by Tyburn

18 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Předpokládám, že jste uvolnili používání mezipaměti, vymazali mezipaměť a znovu načetli skin?

Pokud ano, nevím jistě, ale můj odhad je, že konkrétní kód použitý na panelu nevolá kód používaný vaším konfiguračním souborem v této složce.

Mám několik typů pozadí stadionu a hra je všechny volá samostatně. Kód v tomto panelu volá konfigurační soubor, který mám a který ovládá obraz, který vidím, když kliknu na název stadionu ve hře. Například v zařízeních na klubové obrazovce. 

Kde jinde ve hře máte obrázky stadionů, které jsou v této složce? 

Pokud někdo jiný dokáže zazvonit s možným důvodem a řešením, bylo by to skvělé.

on the club overview, the stadium is displayed to me but not in the match panel and I have pictures in the same folder

9 minutes ago, DrazdaCZ said:

on the club overview, the stadium is displayed to me but not in the match panel and I have pictures in the same folder

Is the drop down marked “stadium” in the top left panel on the matchday screen actually there? Could you take a screenshot of what you’re seeing (or not)?

Perhaps upload the config file in your stadium folder too.

Edited by Tyburn

You need to add the code provided to one of the other panels: ibh 1-8, as described in the first post.

"THE CODE: (For those that want to tweak or use other inbetween highlight panels) Put this code in the file "match touchline tablet slot” (“ibh1" through to "ibh8") (Place this pretty much anywhere within the code, but I have added it between the widgets <! Both Team Player Ratings > and <! Standard views no alts >)"

56 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

You need to add the code provided to one of the other panels: ibh 1-8, as described in the first post.

"THE CODE: (For those that want to tweak or use other inbetween highlight panels) Put this code in the file "match touchline tablet slot” (“ibh1" through to "ibh8") (Place this pretty much anywhere within the code, but I have added it between the widgets <! Both Team Player Ratings > and <! Standard views no alts >)"

yes thank you i have it i should look better next time

I think i've found the issue, but i may need someone else to advise us.

In your stadium config all the enteries end in /stadium. In my config all the enteries end in /background.

Rather than changing every entry in your config, the code that i've posted can probably be changed fairly easily to point to your config.

It'll be this widget I believe:

</record>
</widget>

Does someone know what the id is for stadium?

Perhaps post your "club overview stadium panel" found in *your skin*/panels/club @Ryan377

<widget class="stadium_picture" id="STAp">
            <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
            <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
        </record>
    </widget>  

Try replacing the code I highlighted in my last post with the code above in this post.  

(Search "bgnk" in the "match touchline tablet slot ibh1" file)

I can't be totally sure this will work (again if someone else can jump in) but this is the widget to be playing around with.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I found a way to get the stadium background picture to show on matchday. And it keeps the match engine so you will be able to watch the game in key moments and so on.
Only tested for 2D, I never play with 3D, so I dont know if this solution workes with 3D.

See post in new thread:

Edited by hdsnviefbvs

5 minutes ago, hdsnviefbvs said:

Hey guys, I found a way to get the stadium background picture to show on matchday. And it keeps the match engine so you will be able to watch the game in key moments and so on.
Only tested for 2D, I never play with 3D, so I dont know if this solution workes with 3D.

This mod will do the following:
* Make the stadium background picture to show on the pre-match screen, half time screen and post-match screen. (PS: It does not remove the purple borders on the 2D pitch sides)
* It will remove the locker room background picture on the pre-match team news screen, remove the locker room background picture on the team talk screen (PRM, HT and FT) and on the tunnel broadcast interview screen (PRM and FT)

Do the following:
1. Open file “Client object browser.xml” in your skin folder.
2. Locate the following lines:
<!-- match - covers entire lower part of screen when looking at a match -->
                <widget class="match_highlights_panel" id="full" pitch_unique_id="full">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                    </record>
                </widget>

3. One line under the widget paste the following:
<!-- match background picture - displays in match screens but not on pitch/trophy -->
    <widget class="picture" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
      </record>
      <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true">
        <list id="get_properties">
            <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->
            <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="mpTP" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on trophy presentation -->

<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="false" skip_if_null="true" /> <!-- show on other views -->
        </list>
        <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
      </attachment>
    </widget>

Thanks to michaeltmurrayuk for his mods, I was looking in to the “FM18 matchday backgrounds mod” for this.

Can anyone test this with some base skin?
I do not use the original or base skin, I use custom skin. But every skin should have a Client object browser file.

This looks great!

Perhaps you should put it in its own thread as it does something quite different to the MOD in the OP and it could just get lost in here :) 

Will be looking to try this out!

• Tyburn changed the title to [FM21][Mod] Stadium Image for in between highlight panels

This looks to be as close as you can get the old versions will have to swallow the grey boxes and little 2D Flintstone feet but i can make peace i suppose for now, (ive avoided this game since 17 when the killed 2d) 

Was still hoping that picture was there in between the highlights as well as before/ht and after but this will definitely do 

Blaaad42.jpg.1474263c779821829d53568712c5b944.jpg

Edited by Bilbaoboy

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/01/2021 at 17:55, Tyburn said:

DISCLAIMER: I take no credit for the parts that make up this small modification, only in putting it together. You will also have to have your own background images for stadiums. The code points to the images you may have for the actual stadium, not backgrounds you may have for club and/or City.

After noticing quite a few posts from users wanting to add background pictures to matchday, but be able to keep the 2d/3d ME, I thought I would share my solution, in it's own thread.

NOTICE: This does NOT add a full background picture behind the 2d (or 3d for that matter) pitch, but rather it shows a stadium picture on the inbetween highlights panel. If you want a full background picture of the stadium the game is being played at, there is a way, however it only works with commentary only. Please look for other threads in the Skinning Hideout if this is what you are after.

There are numerous skins that have this feature enabled already, but for those of us who prefer the Base Skins - this is how to add the stadium picture on matchday.

Reveal hidden contents

BACKGROUND: For every years release of FM (CM originally) I ALWAYS have to have a stadium background on matchday. For pure immersion you cannot beat it in my opinion. Last year the solution was widgets, and as we know they are no longer a thing. In all honesty I was never truely happy with widgets as the ME was always visable (even in between highlights) and I found the huge grey border (around the 2d ME) obscured a lot of the stadium image I had in the background.

This year, at first, I was dismayed at the prospect of having no stadium picture in the background. However, with the addition of Michael Murray's excellent Match Screen Mod, I have been able to have a full stadium picture on the screen, in between highlights, that then disappears when there is a highlight so we can focus on the action. In my view this is a far more elegant solution to widgets.

If you haven't already I strongly advise that you download The Match Screen Mod here:

I imagine that the code (below) will also work on other in between highlight panels - but this solution is used with the Match Screen Mod specifically.

When the Match Screen Mod is downloaded and installed place the attached file in documents/si/fm21/skins/(your skin...)/panels/match. It will ask you to overwrite so perhaps make a back up of the file first in case you want to revert.

I have only added the code, tweaked by me but originally taken from FlutSkin, to the top left panel of the Match Screen Mod, however the code can be put on any or all of the panels, if you so wished. The great thing about using The Match Screen panels is they can be enlarged to suit (See images) and still keep any other information you may want on the screen at the same time. The Match Screen Mod also works with any other skin (if it has not already altered the inbetween matchday panels)

THE CODE: (For those that want to tweak or use other inbetween highlight panels) Put this code in the file "match touchline tablet slot” (“ibh1" through to "ibh8") (Place this pretty much anywhere within the code, but I have added it between the widgets <! Both Team Player Ratings > and <! Standard views no alts >)

Hide contents

<!-- Stadium -->
 <container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="abcu" appearance="">
                <translation id="title" translation_id="229366" type="use" value="Stadium" />
                       <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="25,-1"  offset="0" gap="2" />

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper15" red_replacement="primary" blue_replacement="primary">
      <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom,extend" offset="0" gap="0"/>

<!--stadium name-->
                       <widget class="stadium_button" id="strk" auto_size="all" icon_enabled="false" font="fonts/capitals_bold" alignment="centre,can_scale" colour="secondary" size="10-5">
                  <integer id="get_property" value="stad"/>
                </record>
              </widget>

</container>

<container>
                  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-11,-3" offset="0" gap="0" />
</record>
</widget>

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper18">
                    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-6,1,-6,1,-7" offset="0" />

<!--city-->
                <container>

<container>
                    <widget class="city_label" id="SctK" spec="text" style="bold" colour="flut_title" size="11" alignment="centre,can_scale" auto_size="vertical" >
                        <integer id="get_property" value="SctI" />
                      </record>
                    </widget>

<translation id="text" translation_id="319589" type="use" value="City[COMMENT: team stadium city, short title]" />
                    </widget>
                        </container>

</container>

<container>

<container>
                        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="4" gap="-2"/>
                        <widget class="dashed_number_label" spec="text" style="bold" id="ScpK" size="11" colour="flut_title" alignment="centre,can_scale"  auto_size="vertical" >
                                <integer id="get_property" value="Scpy" />
                            </record>
                        </widget>
                          <translation id="text" translation_id="252902" type="use" value="Capacity[COMMENT: team stadium capacity, short title]" />
                    </widget>

</container>
                    </container>

<!--stadium condition-->

<!--stadium condition-->
                        <container>

<container>

<widget class="stadium_condition_label" spec="text" style="bold" id="SdcO" colour="flut_title" size="11" alignment="centre,can_scale" auto_size="vertical" >
                                     <list id="value_list">
                                <record min_value="0" max_value="1" colour="condition_level5_overallclub" />
                                <record min_value="2" max_value="5" colour="condition_level4_overallclub" />
                                <record min_value="6" max_value="10" colour="condition_level3_overallclub" />
                                <record min_value="11" max_value="15" colour="condition_level2_overallclub" />
                                <record min_value="16" max_value="20" colour="condition_level1_overallclub"/>
                              </list>
                                <integer id="get_property" value="Sdcy" />
                            </record>
                        </widget>
                          <translation id="text" translation_id="284336" type="use" value="Stadium Condition[COMMENT: heading; team_information_panel; stadium condition]"/>
                    </widget>
                    </container>
        </container>

</container>    

</container>
    </container>

Load up the game (if it doesn't show - untick use cache, reset - clear cache, and then reload the skin.) You will then have a dropdown option titled "Stadium" on the top left in between highlight panel.

The code also has The City, Capacity and Stadium Condition listed across the bottom of the image. This was a personal choice, and one that came with FlutSkin. You can remove this if you so wished from the code.

image.thumb.jpeg.6059cd51b923925010a22c4f4064e9d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.edb485b523dc46f9d79d6c058c3b9236.jpeg

match touchline tablet slot ibh1.xml 16.04 kB · 76 downloads

how can remove ''The City, Capacity and Stadium Condition'' from the code?

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly @Tyburn thank you so much for this - for ages I have been looking at ways to incorporate this into the game!  However.......

I am a complete novice at skinning, skins or anything like this.  I have d/l the matchday mods and put them into Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\

I have d/l the attachment from this thread but absolutely unsure where to put it if I want to use the default skin!  Is it within the matchday mods file (panel etc) or somewhere else?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am not sure regarding the actual default skin. I have always used other skins that go into documents/si/fm21/skins. (Create a folder called skins if you don’t have one) If you want the default skin, but a copy of it you can edit, then the base skins (found on this forum) would be a good bet.

The matchday mod (match folder) would go into documents/si/fm21/skins/*your skin*/panels and then my altered file would overwrite the file already in the panels/match folder.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Would anybody be able to help me get this working? I have no idea what I'm doing.....

This is what I have done so far:

Downloaded the Match Screens Mod and placed it in correct folder 

Re-loaded my skin (mod is working in game)

I then just copied and pasted the entire coding script (what I think is the code.....the really long bit) in the match folder. I opened up 'match touchline tablet slot ibh1' and pasted the code in there between the widgets <! Both Team Player Ratings > and <! Standard views no alts >).   

I saved the file, re-loaded my skin with caching unticked.

When I go back to the match screen I do not have a stadium drop down.

I have NO IDEA about coding so could be doing something very simply very wrong. Please talk to me in the simple terms :)

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, joebailey141 said:

Would anybody be able to help me get this working? I have no idea what I'm doing.....

This is what I have done so far:

Downloaded the Match Screens Mod and placed it in correct folder 

Re-loaded my skin (mod is working in game)

I then just copied and pasted the entire coding script (what I think is the code.....the really long bit) in the match folder. I opened up 'match touchline tablet slot ibh1' and pasted the code in there between the widgets <! Both Team Player Ratings > and <! Standard views no alts >).   

I saved the file, re-loaded my skin with caching unticked.

When I go back to the match screen I do not have a stadium drop down.

I have NO IDEA about coding so could be doing something very simply very wrong. Please talk to me in the simple terms :)

Thanks!

Just download the attached file from the OP and put it in the panels/match folder. Overwrite when promted.

If you’re still not see images read through this thread for the solution, it’ll be here :) 

Actually, I've now found the stadium dropdown! It was just on one of the drop down menus (presumably as I pasted the script in to only one of the 8 ibh documents?).

Thank you so much.

One final question, no matter how match I manipulate the windows, my stadium pics are very square and look odd (see attached). How do I get them more like your screenshots? 

Thanks again.

stadium.PNG

You should be able to move the lines vertically also. There should also be more than just 2 boxes to play with, as standard. Can’t remember of top of head, but 6? 8? Panels in total? In your screenshot there seem to only be 2.

Edited by Tyburn

If I drag the stadium to the right, I lose info from that stats section. That doesn't seem to happen on your screenshot? 

Yes...I have covered the other boxes to make the stadium big but am aware they are there. I only have the stadium drop down in one box......I guess because I have only pasted the code in to one of them. Any idea why the file download is not working? Maybe having it in all boxes would help me?

You’re probably playing on a different resolution to me. I play on 1920x1080. You’ll need to drag one of the panels below the picture up a bit to get it looking right.

The download not working is possibly some antivirus software you have running. Give it permission for siforums if you can I guess.

Having the code on other panels probably won’t help you as your screen real estate seems pretty small.

Edited by Tyburn

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Find the panels/match folder within the skin you're using (C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\skins\YOUR SKIN\panels\match), then edit the xml file called 'match touchline tablet slot ibh1' (or any/all of them up to ibh8) with the code Tyburn put at the top of this page. 

His instructions at the top are probably clearer and easier to understand than mine!

You can then find 'stadium' on the dropdown menu on the panels and change the shape of the box accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

@Crb1986

Unfortunately I do not have FM22 so cannot help precisely, however, if you look in the OPZ panels/match folder I would imagine the file structure would be similar to FM21.

Look for ibh files, try and find one that shows what you are looking at, and then paste the code provided in the OP to where you want it to show.

Alternatively, looking at it a bit closer, look for a file that controls the player ratings tab. I imagine it’ll be in panels/match but without having the skin, or FM22, it’s a guess I’m afraid.

Good luck!

Edited by Tyburn