Improving squad determination

Hi,

I'm managing Sunderland and about to start their third season in the Championship (2022/23).

We should have got promoted last season but basically bottled it. We were top with a few games left but lost 3 of our last 5, and then threw away a 2-goal lead late on in the playoff semi final to go out on away goals. 

Generally my squad is pretty good and well balanced but one thing I'd like to improve is Determination (currently rated C). I consider that area may be a reason for the end-of-season collapse last time. 

Looking at my team dynamics page, I can see only one player in my squad influencing this value (Jake Clarke-Salter). However nowhere in his profile does it reflect this (i.e. Personal, Coach Report, Training, Relationships tabs). Why is this?

EDIT : I've just seen this reflected in Relationships. Why is it not his personality in Personal? 

My other question is, how do I improve this value? If it's not reflected on a players profile page, how do I identify potential signings that will improve this? 

Are there certain attributes I should look for or try to improve? Clarke-Salter doesn't seem to excel in any attributes that would obviously make him determined, so that confused me even more. 

I know there's supposed to be a bit of mystery behind these squad attributes but in the real world a manager will know that if they sign a James Milner (for example), this will positively impact squad determination. 

What makes it tougher is that I can't search in the player search for players with the Determined personality or any particular attributes, so it's a bit of a needle in a haystack job for now. 

Please help. Any advise would be appreciated. 

Screenshot_20210117-113209.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-113215.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-113225.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-113235.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-113238.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-113228__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-113247__01.jpg

Edited by passenger58

• SI Staff

These personalities all show high determination on the personal profile page:

Strict Leader
Strict Professional
Relentless
Determined

Determined isn't coming up for all people with high determination at present and I'll change it so it does going forward (at present is someone is determined and has another characteristic then it doesn't always display determined).

I'll have a think about how to make this more visible in future game updates for users also (most likely through scout reports as a first port of call, but its likely you'll also be able to search by roles and personality traits at some point also).

Thanks for the feedback, Marc. So as things are now, are there any attributes I can search for in player search or would it not necessarily correlate? Am I going to have to look in each potential signings Personal tab for one of those personalities above? 

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Thanks for the feedback, Marc. So as things are now, are there any attributes I can search for in player search or would it not necessarily correlate? Am I going to have to look in each potential signings Personal tab for one of those personalities above? 

At the moment the personalities are the best bet, in a future update I'll try and make sure that this sort of thing shows up on scout and coach reports (and in a future version I'll look at the search options).

PS - Thanks for the feedback, very useful btw and helping to improve the game for the better :D

4 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

At the moment the personalities are the best bet, in a future update I'll try and make sure that this sort of thing shows up on scout and coach reports (and in a future version I'll look at the search options).

PS - Thanks for the feedback, very useful btw and helping to improve the game for the better :D

Ok thanks, Marc. Not a problem. 

• 1 year later...