11 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Do you think I could use a Stopper like this, hoping that the Tonali (as DLPdef or DLPsup) will go down and cover the areas when the stopper is aggressive? 

AC Milan_ Overview.png

AC Milan_ Overview-2.png

Use an offside trap works best when both of the CBs are on the defend duty. If you insist on using a stopper with the offside trap,  it may cause gaps in the line. as he's going to leave the defensive line earlier than a flat one. Hence, consider removing playing the offside trap.

Yes, your stopper will get into the area behind your DLP to close down any players there.

24 minutes ago, frukox said:

Use an offside trap works best when both of the CBs are on the defend duty. If you insist on using a stopper with the offside trap,  it may cause gaps in the line. as he's going to leave the defensive line earlier than a flat one. Hence, consider removing playing the offside trap.

Yes, your stopper will get into the area behind your DLP to close down any players there.

Okay. I removed the OS trap. Will this setup work? Will Tonali cover the zone left behind the stopper?

AC Milan_ Overview-3.png

1 hour ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Okay. I removed the OS trap. Will this setup work? Will Tonali cover the zone left behind the stopper?

AC Milan_ Overview-3.png

No. You can try telling them to be more expressive, maybe it will help. But no support midfielder will cover for a central defender. Play some games then come back and tell us what you found.

2 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

AC Milan_ Overview-3.png

Unfortunately, no.

When it comes to your system, three attack duties in the front line may not work in a seemingly possession-based set-up as they are not going to be involved in the build-up.