Youth Intake Stopping after 1 season

TomFlan

Hey,

I’ve noticed that while season 1 seems to work ok and each team around the world generates a few regens. In season 2 and beyond this all stops, only the 3 countries loaded at the start of the game now produce regens. For example if you loaded, England, Spain, Italy, their youth intake would continue as normal, however every other country, such as France or Brazil or Germany for example their teams no longer produce any regens. Is this an issue with the game? 

Thanks,

Tom

Same here (I'm on Nintendo Switch Touch version), but even my own club have started getting like 3-4 players per intake. I play in the Premiership and the clubs there got a full team of youth intake only in the first season, and from then on, only 1-3 players per club. I also have Italian and Spanish leagues loaded, the Italian teams get exactly one player per intake every season, and the Spanish somehow manage to get the full 11 (or so) players every season.

However, all of them are terrible, and as time goes on in the game, the youth intake gets worse and worse.

Hi guys,

Thanks for contacting us.

Could you please provide any saves from before the youth intake has occurred at the end of a season via the link below, along with your file names in this thread and i will take a look at this for you.

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Cheers,

Harry

ok so I had updated to the latest version, started a new career...summer of 2022...nothing much has changed...hoping things pick up and i see some south american talent along with every other nation that im not playing with

Hi Harry,

I’m not entirely sure how save a game save from iPad to the link you provided. But I did a simple test where I just simulated the first 2 seasons unemployed and the attached photos shows the youth intake. The first season is the only season where any youth intake occurs in South America or in a lot of places.

the first two photos are year 1, the second two are year 2. I hope this illustrates the issue. 

Cheers,

Tom

906AFEB5-1C6A-4A81-A3A2-ADA1EDCC82D9.png

9EEB538F-4406-47C0-B963-B9721D92D26F.png

402C50C8-5F5C-4E6A-ADC7-AE98D4FA625C.png

13083837-9774-45DE-95DB-4E6BBB23D435.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Below is some further info about Youth Intake:

The latest update 21.3.0 contains fixes aimed at improving Youth Intake numbers for both active and inactive leagues, as well as maintaining the long term total player count in saves. All changes are save game compatible.

We have introduced a stricter "minimum value" for the amount of players per intake. This means that top flight clubs should receive at least 8 players in every intake, with lower division clubs receiving slightly less - in most cases this should always be at least 4+.

These minimum values are now met regardless of the total player count in game, so even if the total player count hasn't decreased since game start, the number of players being generated will not decrease below a certain point. This means that it is now possible (and in many save game setups likely) that the player count will now gradually increase rather than decrease, especially in the first 10 years of a save, after which it will start to flatten out again.

I believe there are still some nations where a decrease may be possible - in Argentina for example where the squad sizes at game start are unsustainably huge - but there should now be a much healthier number of newgens generating across all active leagues than before.

Hopefully these changes will mean that the reserve squads are less dependant on virtual (greyed out) players to make up the numbers, but to clarify, the presence of virtual players does not mean a club is not producing enough newgens.

We have also increased the number of newgens per intake for clubs in inactive leagues, but unfortunately the custom db setups where loads of players have been loaded into inactive leagues are still most likely to experience a drop in player count. It should be less severe than before this update, but my advice for long term saves would probably still be to add nations as playable if you want every club there to generate a youth intake every season and maintain the overall player count.

Thanks again for your patience and all the information posted regarding these issues, they've been incredibly helpful in helping us try to get them resolved.

Harry

hi @Harry Dunning

thanks for the detailed answer mate, much appreciated....one last question...

if i've got a save already in the game, updated to 21.3, will I see the differences you mentioned? or will I have to start a brand new save?

Thank you and I hope we're finally past this issue here, thanks for taking the time to get back to us on this, I know I've been a pain!

On 24/02/2021 at 12:04, Harry Dunning said:

Hi Guys,

Below is some further info about Youth Intake:

The latest update 21.3.0 contains fixes aimed at improving Youth Intake numbers for both active and inactive leagues, as well as maintaining the long term total player count in saves. All changes are save game compatible.

We have introduced a stricter "minimum value" for the amount of players per intake. This means that top flight clubs should receive at least 8 players in every intake, with lower division clubs receiving slightly less - in most cases this should always be at least 4+.

These minimum values are now met regardless of the total player count in game, so even if the total player count hasn't decreased since game start, the number of players being generated will not decrease below a certain point. This means that it is now possible (and in many save game setups likely) that the player count will now gradually increase rather than decrease, especially in the first 10 years of a save, after which it will start to flatten out again.

I believe there are still some nations where a decrease may be possible - in Argentina for example where the squad sizes at game start are unsustainably huge - but there should now be a much healthier number of newgens generating across all active leagues than before.

Hopefully these changes will mean that the reserve squads are less dependant on virtual (greyed out) players to make up the numbers, but to clarify, the presence of virtual players does not mean a club is not producing enough newgens.

We have also increased the number of newgens per intake for clubs in inactive leagues, but unfortunately the custom db setups where loads of players have been loaded into inactive leagues are still most likely to experience a drop in player count. It should be less severe than before this update, but my advice for long term saves would probably still be to add nations as playable if you want every club there to generate a youth intake every season and maintain the overall player count.

Thanks again for your patience and all the information posted regarding these issues, they've been incredibly helpful in helping us try to get them resolved.

Harry

Does this mean the South American newgen issue will be resolved even if they are not selected as one of the user's active leagues? At the moment in my save I have had zero from South America since the first season. Players from that region only appear from clubs in active leagues.

Edited by 9craiggibson

hi @9craiggibson

I also have 0, like literally 0 South American newgens! I have the same issue with SA players, or any players from ANY country that is not playable only appear from teams in active leagues which for me are Italy, England and Spain.....even French teams dont have regens??? 

H E L P?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’m still facing this issue even after the update. 

im managing in Scotland with the English and Welsh leagues also loaded. Barely any new players come through around the world, only in the loaded leagues. 

update after update, im still facing this issue....I get ton of talent from Italy, England and Spain...the 3 loaded nations....the rest...ONLY from the nations that are loaded they'll come through their youth ranks...

this year's version really disappointing

On 05/04/2021 at 05:58, gagobeats said:

update after update, im still facing this issue....I get ton of talent from Italy, England and Spain...the 3 loaded nations....the rest...ONLY from the nations that are loaded they'll come through their youth ranks...

this year's version really disappointing

I have just ended a 13 year long save as in the end I couldn't continue with such a small pool of players coming through. I only loaded the English league (it seems like the same issue is happening regardless of loading multiple leagues). Some observations below;

* Scouting assignments for different regions or continenets yielded little and mainly displayed english based players 

* South American scouting only provided Paraguayan players - most odd 

* The major European clubs had a collection of ageing wonderkids - not realtsic at all. Also at least 25% of their squads were greyed out players that did not exist

* Any new talent that was French, Spanish or German tended to come from the youth ranks of Man City, Arsenal etc

For all the issues that have been fixed, which i applaud, the game is fundamentalily about players and for a longer save its not up to it. Needs addressing asap.

I am experiencing the same problems on my FMT game. I have posted the below on another thread.

I’ve only been playing this game a few weeks and read a few posts  about the lack of Newgens or Youth intake from different countries.

I am in my third season and there is a severe lack of Youth Intake from other countries other than England where I am managing. I’ve seen an intake from Brazil from only one club of about six players and no other South America intake. There’s been nothing from Italy only about six from PSG in three seasons and no other from French clubs and only about three from Ajax and no other Dutch clubs.

Before I start getting any further into my save I want to know if it’s actually worth me carrying on as at the moment if I was to carry on in a few seasons I think my save will be unplayable and boring. 

I have just looked at the Spain under 19 squad and it only has three players one of which is a Newgen from Peterborough.

I prefer long saves and I’m afraid at the moment it doesn’t look like I will be able to continue. Hopefully someone will come back to us on this and inform us what is happening!!

Do we think this will be fixed or not?

I'm in 2038 in my save, only get youth intake from England, and in the last few years I've managed both France and Brazil -  absolutely no new players coming through which is very frustrating when trying to manage youth teams and I can't even select a squad!

I'm reluctant to start a new save if after 10-15 seasons the amount of players coming through is next to nothing.

Other than England, what nations would people recommend loading (max 3) to ensure the pool of players after 10-15 years doesn't fall to ridiculously low levels? France, Spain and Italy?

Think this terrible the fact that no one has come back and advised people what is happening. Looks like 24th Feb is the last time someone has replied to inform people it has been fixed, even though since then numerous players have advised that they are still experiencing the same problems!!

Never experienced this issue on any other FMT game that I have played so don’t understand what or why they would have changed it?

Hopefully someone will get back to us ASAP 🤞

@Harry Dunningare you able to provide any answers? Your last post of the 24th Feb seemed to suggest this was fixed however there are still plenty of people experiencing this problem and no one seems to be providing any further information. @Adam Bell can you provide any information

Edited by Drof
Tagging new person

it's so frustrating. i really want to start my next save, which hopefully will keep me going until the new game comes out, but the lack of youth intake ruins the experience - in part due to no foreign wonderkids coming through, but importantly managing at an international level is incredibly crap apart from England (the only nation I loaded on my first save).

Any recommendations on three countries to load (excluding England) for my next save (assuming this bug won't get fixed)? I want to it be the most sustainable for 15-20 years into the game, so ideally the countries with most players coming through. If I was to load Spain, Italy and Germany for example, should I have all the lower leagues too, or would the top two divisions be enough? 

• Administrators

Would need some save game examples if this issue is still occurring after the update so our team can investigate further. There have been a number of tweaks to the intake system as documented above, but given it's FMT on iOS there are limitations on how many players can be loaded within a save. 

Details on how to provide us with a save here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540562-ios-how-to-send-us-your-save-files/

Would also be worth confirming where specifically within any uploaded save you feel players should be coming through within youth intakes which aren't (clubs, nations etc). 

Thanks. 

thanks neil,

so i dont waste your time, should the improvements only appear on new saves, as opposed to those from before the update?

if that's the case, i might sim a few seasons on a new save, just with england league loaded to see if i have the same issues.

2 hours ago, ollie_davis said:

thanks neil,

so i dont waste your time, should the improvements only appear on new saves, as opposed to those from before the update?

if that's the case, i might sim a few seasons on a new save, just with england league loaded to see if i have the same issues.

I definately had this issue in 21.3.0 update. Haven't played the 21.4.0 version where it says there are further database updates. Dont think its worth the risk though but simming a few seasons is a good idea. Is there a quick way to do this?!

I started a test save with just Serie A and B in Italy with the latest 21.4.0 version.

Holiday'd until December '22 and other than Italian youth intake, I only got players from 3 other European clubs. That's not normal, right?!

I will shortly upload this save, and my Boreham Wood save in 2034 where the only youth intake I have are from England - every other year, I might get one club from Mexico and that's about it! 

On 29/04/2021 at 09:28, Neil Brock said:

Would need some save game examples if this issue is still occurring after the update so our team can investigate further. There have been a number of tweaks to the intake system as documented above, but given it's FMT on iOS there are limitations on how many players can be loaded within a save. 

Details on how to provide us with a save here - 

Would also be worth confirming where specifically within any uploaded save you feel players should be coming through within youth intakes which aren't (clubs, nations etc). 

Thanks. 

@Neil Brockmy files are above 10mb and this link is broken

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/ 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, ollie_davis said:

Thanks for that, wasn't aware it was the case so have since updated the post to contain more relevant information. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thanks @Neil Brock

Wasn't sure whether to upload .fct or .fmv so did both.

The Boreham Wood save I'm in 2037 and only get English youth intake. Every other year (if that), I will get a few from Mexico.

The biggest frustration is managing international sides rather than buying youth players - as you'll see currently France manager and only young players available to select at any youth group are French players based in England. Happened at my last 2-3 international jobs.

The Serie A save I just created iis one season on holiday to show an example of the limited youth in take outside of the country I load a game in.

OD Save - Boreham Wood.fct
OD Save - Boreham Wood.fmv
OD Test - Serie A.fct
OD Test - Serie A.fmv

Please let me know if you can't find these saves. 

Thanks

• Administrators

Thanks for this, our QA team will take a look at the saves. 

At this stage there are not currently any plans for any further updates for FM21, however any improvements and tweaks will be considered for any future versions. 

On 30/04/2021 at 13:23, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for this, our QA team will take a look at the saves. 

At this stage there are not currently any plans for any further updates for FM21, however any improvements and tweaks will be considered for any future versions. 

Hi Neil, could you clarify what the second sentence? do "further updates" also include bug fixes?

Thanks

Edited by charliebigpot

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, charliebigpot said:

Hi Neil, could you clarify what the second sentence? do "further updates" also include bug fixes?

Thanks

The only way the game can be changed in any way by us is via an update, so yes it includes that. 

On 05/05/2021 at 09:10, Neil Brock said:

The only way the game can be changed in any way by us is via an update, so yes it includes that. 

So we are 6 months into the game's lifetime, it is clearly not functioning properly, but yet fixes/support is now cut? With 6 months until a new FM release (based on previous release dates) and we've to make do with a broken game? Not what you expect when you purchase a product, not good enough.

1 hour ago, 9craiggibson said:

So we are 6 months into the game's lifetime, it is clearly not functioning properly, but yet fixes/support is now cut? With 6 months until a new FM release (based on previous release dates) and we've to make do with a broken game? Not what you expect when you purchase a product, not good enough.

Bad isn't it :(

Edited by Apples80

I agree with the last comments. The player db is already small due to the FMT limitation on tablets, if we don’t have regens as we should do, the game will quickly be going in circles in term of player choice 😢

• Administrators

As said it's an issue the development team are aware of and investigating. Newgens will still be coming through in game, however will be primarily based in active nations, so the leagues you've loaded at the start of the game. 

22 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

As said it's an issue the development team are aware of and investigating. Newgens will still be coming through in game, however will be primarily based in active nations, so the leagues you've loaded at the start of the game. 

I think the issue we are finding Neil is that the pool of players in the game is nowhere near what it should be even if you are running multiple active nations. Its fine if you are playing a short game but for any long term save of 15+ years, the game gets progressively worse as the pool of players gets smaller. As a result most international teams are full of greyed out or ageing players with little or no regens. 

Still facing this issue. Currently in 2040 on my save and have had to stop playing as there aren’t enough players available. 

so disappointed with this years version, it’s not worked properly since the day it was released. Such a waste of money. I’ve bought every version of touch on the iPad and have been playing ‘FM’ since CM96/97 - not sure I’ll both buying the next release. 

I'm gonna skip the next release. I'm not going to support a company that maintains games for 6 months.

It's almost better you don't release anything for iOS next year, instead of abandoning a buggy game.

Edited by charliebigpot

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, 

is there any sort of meaningful update/progress on this? Very strange to be reading some of the feedback. Its almost dismissive of a major issue. Is it happening with every user of the IOS version? I bought the game just 3 days ago and already have buyers remorse.

Thanks,