How To Stop The Blurring Effect When Processing

FM2016 introduced a new feature where when the main screen isn't the focus of the screen it blurs out, however if you don't like this effect it is simple enough to disable it, to do this simply browse to the following locations within the Base Skin you are using:
NOTE: For FM21 there are now two locations, so you may need to edit them both to disable the blurring.

\graphics\boxes\dialog\background
\graphics\boxes\bordered\blurred

Inside each location will be a paper xml file open them and locate this line:

<boolean id="blurred" value="true"/>

and change it to read:

<boolean id="blurred" value="false"/>

How To Enable Background Changes

The Default FM21 skin somewhat supports background images this year however the fade effect and the transparent titlebar cause some issues, so I have included my Background Support Mod within the Skin.

To Adjust the Overlay Strength

To make things a little easier I have changed how to adjust the overlay strength in the light skin.

Rather than having to rename and make copies of the graphic files you can now adjust the strength via editing the client object browser xml file found in the panels\client_object folder for the skin.

In that file locate this line:

<widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/fade" red_replacement="background" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">

And change the fade bit of the appearance line to the name of one of the files in that folder that has opacity you want.

The default options are; 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75, 80, 90, 100, fade.

Where the number (and thus file name) correspond to the level of opacity you want - 0 gives you a transparent overlay and 100 gives you a solid overlay. Whilst fade gives you the default style fade affect.

For example to set an opacity of 50 you'd want the 50 file so you'd change the above line to read:

<widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/50" red_replacement="background" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">

You then just need to save the file and reload your skin for the changes to apply, and if you don't like just pick a different value until you are happy.

How To Edit The Fonts

The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the fontxml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the fontxml files to match your new font.

Like with FM20 FM21 also uses the fontxml file format, however the format of the files is the same and you can open them with the same program you use to read normal xml files, you'll just need to right click on the first file and select the open with option in Windows first to associate the files with the program you wish to use. NOTE: The game will not read them if you change them back to plain xml files.

How To Edit The Skin Colours

The colour settings are controlled by the light21 settings xml file located inside the settings folder.

Re-colouring items for the Light Skin is largely the same as for the normal Base Skins, however I have adopted parts of the Template System I used with FM20 which should make it easier to change various items as I've linked some more bits together and added several custom colours that allow you to check more colours directly from the settings file (though I didn't get a chance to convert all the colours over to the Template system so you'll still need to delve into the panel files to alter some things).

For the majority of users changing the colours is the same as normal - locate the item you want to change in the settings file and change the value part to match the new colour you want to use, the main difference is that it is now important where in the file certain items are located, but if you are just recolouring items then this shouldn't really matter.

Full details on how to use the Template System can be found here.

Known Issues/FAQ

Known Issues

• Agent Column on Squad Screen when using Custom Views may revert to white, unfortunately this cannot be fixed without breaking the coloured status of the player name (shortlist/loan/trial colour).
  • Training Icons seem to be hard-coded to white this year.
  • Code of Conduct, Data Analyzer Legend and Season Preview Managers panel all have hard-coded white text, so to make the text readable I've put a dark container around the items, I'll remove these if I find a way to recolour the text.

FAQ

• I have no plans to include the Instant Result Button, you are free to install it yourself but as I don't use it I cannot offer support.
  • Also no plans to include role icons on the tactics screen. I may in an update add in the new role stars if the id gets fixed in a patch, or I might see about adding in the old position rating.

Scoreboard Options

If you don't want the modified scoreboard you can safely delete the match score area panel xml file from the panels\match folder and the game will revert to the default version.

If you want to modify the scoreboard then the home/away details are controlled by the match score left and match score right xml files found in the panels\match folder, I have commented these files so you can disable the team colours, logos or add kits.

Match Screens Mod

Whilst I haven't included this mod with the skin (as it's due to be updated and not everyone may want it) you can safely install the current version of the mod, however the mod will need to be installed into the skin folder and when prompted say yes to overwriting the files from this skin. (This skin makes some colour changes to some of the files used by the mod, but the files from the mod don't need these changes so you can safely overwrite the files from the skin with the files from the mod).

Team Meetings Panel

I've edited this panel to show the right side info panel by default and shifted the player icons over to the left so they no longer appear behind it.

In most cases this shouldn't be an issue, but if you have a large squad and a small screen resolution and have problems you can safely delete the interaction team meeting panel xml file from the panels\generic folder as those are the only changes I made to the file.

Embedded Tactics Panel

I've edited this to reduce the edge padding across most resolutions (thankfully it's more adaptable than the Touchline Tablet), and whilst I tested the most common resolutions in some cases you might want to tweak the file to suit your resolution. The file you need to edit is the tactics with embedded section tabs panel found in the panels\match folder and I've commented the file to help you edit it.

Logged Issues

These are issues that are logged and being worked on for the next update.

• Agg Score Colour on Scoreboard.
  • fg alert colour isn't great in some places.
  • IGE panels.
  • Recommend Training Schedule.
  • Penalty Shootout Panel.
  • Loan Report Bits.
25 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

Perfectly. But maybe too light. :)

You just need to adjust the bg, bg lighter and bg darker values at the top of the settings file to make it a bit darker - I was using blue grey 50 as the bg colour during testing which made it a touch darker, but reverted to the default bg colours from FM20 Light skin for release.

28 minutes ago, Guldish said:

I dont understand how to make the white bakground it a little bit darker because it is so light, thank you for amazing work!

To make it slightly darker you just need to edit these colours from the settings file found in the settings folder for the skin:

<colour name="bg lighter"                 value="grey 50"/>
<colour name="bg"                         value="grey 100"/>
<colour name="bg alpha"                   value="rgba(244,244,244,0.7)"/>
<colour name="bg darker"                  value="blue grey 50"/>

If you don't know how the colour system works then have a read of the link in the How To Edit The Skin Colours post above that explains how it works.

If you are still struggling then changing this line:

<colour name="bg"                                             value="grey 100"/>

To read;

<colour name="bg"                                             value="blue grey 50"/>

Will likely make things better as that was what I used during testing;

lightwipcv.thumb.jpg.3f0913d2aef5a3ea4f3dad25451f5c8b.jpg

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

To make it slightly darker you just need to edit these colours from the settings file found in the settings folder for the skin:

<colour name="bg lighter"                 value="grey 50"/>
<colour name="bg"                         value="grey 100"/>
<colour name="bg alpha"                   value="rgba(244,244,244,0.7)"/>
<colour name="bg darker"                  value="blue grey 50"/>

If you don't know how the colour system works then have a read of the link in the How To Edit The Skin Colours post above that explains how it works.

If you are still struggling then changing this line:

<colour name="bg"                                             value="grey 100"/>

To read;

<colour name="bg"                                             value="blue grey 50"/>

Will likely make things better as that was what I used during testing;

lightwipcv.thumb.jpg.3f0913d2aef5a3ea4f3dad25451f5c8b.jpg

Thank you! I mean the white background, not the colour of the boxes and the text. Just the background :)

20 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Also no plans to include role icons on the tactics screen.

Sorry to be a pain, but could you tell me how to add them please?

Also, I use the in-game editor to tweak certain things but all that text is white. Was just wondering if that can even be changed, and if so, how I would go about that?

Once again, thanks for all the hard work. Chuffed I can actually play the game now.

Two questions about converting this to FMT:

First off, I have it working. It just needs a bit of tweaking.

1) The text on the header (club name, league position, search bar) is too light to be readable on the white background. I've tried changing every colour in the skin settings file, however nothing changes. Yes, I've reloaded the skin. Is there a way to change this for FMT?

2) Is there a way to delete the duplicated menu bar? I.e. when the skin is loaded in touch, if you go on the player profile, there are two buttons for contract, reports, training etc right on top of one another. This seems to happen with a lot of skins that are bodged to work in FMT.

On 16/01/2021 at 00:51, Guldish said:

Thank you! I mean the white background, not the colour of the boxes and the text. Just the background :)

In that case you can either find this line in the settings file:

<colour name="background"                                 value="bg"/>

And change the colour in the value bit to something else.

Or follow the instructions in the Background Changes post above to change the overlay file from the fade option to one of the numbered options.

On 16/01/2021 at 12:06, PequenoGenio said:

Hello. First off all thank you @michaeltmurrayuk for this amizing gift to the communitty.

Second i want to now where and how do i change the colour of this text (the ones in the red "circle"):

spacer.png

spacer.png

For the first one you'll need to add/alter the colour="X" bits for the parts of that file, but as that is a custom file you'll need to follow the links from the manager home file until you find what file controls that bit.

For the roles you can either revert back to the player positions indicator small horizontal xml file from the skin otherwise you'll need to add an appearance bit to each of the popup buttons to recolour the text like so:

<widget class="popup_button" id="dut1" row="0" col="2" appearance="buttons/text/button" column_span="2" />

Don't copy that code as you'll need to manually adjust each line as the other bits are different on each line.

@Andreas Baader see above, for the player profile you'll need to follow the links in the player overview panel xml file you have edited to find the bits and add/change the colours.

5 hours ago, Wakers said:

Two questions about converting this to FMT:

First off, I have it working. It just needs a bit of tweaking.

1) The text on the header (club name, league position, search bar) is too light to be readable on the white background. I've tried changing every colour in the skin settings file, however nothing changes. Yes, I've reloaded the skin. Is there a way to change this for FMT?

2) Is there a way to delete the duplicated menu bar? I.e. when the skin is loaded in touch, if you go on the player profile, there are two buttons for contract, reports, training etc right on top of one another. This seems to happen with a lot of skins that are bodged to work in FMT.

I don't use Touch Mode so may not be able to fully help.

But 1) sounds like Touch Mode is using it's own header, titlebar or titlebar search panel xml files and they may have set the colours to white instead of text/fg hence you being unable to recolour the text from the settings file - titlebar search panel is the one that normally controls the colour and will be found in the fmc\panels\generic (or the normal panels\generic folder if not present within the fmc skin) - then check what colours are declared and either change them or change the linked values if they aren't using the normal ones.

2) Should be caused by the client object browser xml file found in the panels\client_object folder - You can delete that file from the skin if you don't need to overlay changes, otherwise you'll need to copy my overlay changes over to the Touch version of that file.

On 16/01/2021 at 12:18, MariusA said:

Tank you so much @michaeltmurrayuk! Is there any way to remove the colour lines in the header? See attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 13.15.00.png

In the client object browser xml file found in the panels\client_object folder delete this section of code:

<widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/club colours" id="clco" red_replacement="primary">
 				<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_top" get_side="top" set_side="top" target="mai1"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_bottom" get_side="bottom" set_side="bottom" target="mai1"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="right" use_recursive_search="true" set_side="left" target="side"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="left" set_side="left" target="mai1"/>
			<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
				<list id="get_properties">
					<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
					<!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
					<record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
				</list>
				<integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
			</attachment>
		</widget>

It could be due to the fact that I have edited the light skin you made but at the end of a press conference the button text in the top right hand corner is white on a white background. How do I change this to black?

1361087299_Screenshot2021-01-17at19_01_03.thumb.png.4072b7313d95d7a55a7a05e782f68984.png

EDIT: Managed to fix this issue

Edited by Alexpuk2002
2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

In the client object browser xml file found in the panels\client_object folder delete this section of code:

<widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/club colours" id="clco" red_replacement="primary">
 				<layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_top" get_side="top" set_side="top" target="mai1"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_bottom" get_side="bottom" set_side="bottom" target="mai1"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="right" use_recursive_search="true" set_side="left" target="side"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_object_attachment" id="align_right" get_side="left" set_side="left" target="mai1"/>
			<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
				<list id="get_properties">
					<record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
					<!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
					<record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
				</list>
				<integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
			</attachment>
		</widget>

Thank you so much! One more thing:

Want to remove the background pictures who shows on the screenshot. These pictures shows up every now and then.

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 21.03.55.png

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 21.05.38.png

17 horas atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

For the first one you'll need to add/alter the colour="X" bits for the parts of that file, but as that is a custom file you'll need to follow the links from the manager home file until you find what file controls that bit.

For the roles you can either revert back to the player positions indicator small horizontal xml file from the skin otherwise you'll need to add an appearance bit to each of the popup buttons to recolour the text like so:

<widget class="popup_button" id="dut1" row="0" col="2" appearance="buttons/text/button" column_span="2" />

Don't copy that code as you'll need to manually adjust each line as the other bits are different on each line.

@Andreas Baader see above, for the player profile you'll need to follow the links in the player overview panel xml file you have edited to find the bits and add/change the colours.

Solved. Thanks. The only thing that is hard to red is the recommended training:

spacer.png

@MariusA Dynamic Images are controlled by the various images in this location: sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\photos which you'll need to extract from the sitoolkit fmf file.

Easiest thing to do is after you have extracted the files is to create a photos folder inside the graphics folder for the light skin and then copy over the contents of the photos folder and go through the sub-folders and replace the ones you don't want with a transparent image or an image of the design/colour you do want.

@PequenoGenio Thanks for that I'll add it to the logged issues, just need to find what file controls that bit now...

@larky87 Need screenshots of which text you are talking about as it needs to be changed panel by panel.

@MariusA Easiest option is to edit the match report score fontxml file from the fonts folder and change the value of the red, green and blue levels for both the gradient upper and lower parts - if you don't want the gradient affect you can just set the upper and lower RGB values to the same values.

The other option if that causes issues elsewhere is to edit the match report xml file found in the panels\dynamic_images folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file in that file find this line:

<widget class="text" id="goal" alignment="centre,auto_fit" colour="white" font="match report score">

Change the colour to suit and remove the font part (as the gradient bit in the font file will override the colour set here)

I'm using this skin along with the Match Screens Mod and text is white in some areas - including when I use the IGE.

I'm pretty sure I've put the MSM in the right place, but did I do the right thing in replacing the 'match' file in panels or did I have to merge them together? Not sure if it's that file that is making some text white or the skin.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 22.35.19.png

Is it possible to use the exact same match score board from the light skin in other baseskins - base21darkalt ?

If yes, what to do ?

I have copied following files files from light skin to base21darkalt;

panels/match/match score area panel

panels/match/match score left

panels/match/match score right

The result not quite good but usable, but colors in the two boxes with home and away team are faded and not clear as it is in the light skin.

Anyone ? - thanks in advance :thup:

3 hours ago, Lars2012 said:

Is it possible to use the exact same match score board from the light skin in other baseskins - base21darkalt ?

If yes, what to do ?

I have copied following files files from light skin to base21darkalt;

panels/match/match score area panel

panels/match/match score left

panels/match/match score right

The result not quite good but usable, but colors in the two boxes with home and away team are faded and not clear as it is in the light skin.

Anyone ? - thanks in advance :thup:

It should work but you'll need to change a couple of colours in the match score area panel file as they are set to custom colours - change match_primary_button to bg accent and match_primary_text to white to get the default colours that should work with other skins.

Though there will be a stand-alone version released next week when I get a chance.

3 hours ago, MariusA said:

@michaeltmurrayuk Where can I change these colours?

Font and background please.

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 22.11.04.png

They should be set by the settings file - grey role boxes are set by the line bits (defender_line, goalkeeper_line etc) and duty colours by the duty lines underneath them listed in the special colours section.

The player box should be controlled by player_tactics_box but it's status will also be controlled by the various picking player... colours depending on the player status.

Names should be controlled by the various tactics player name... colours - different ones for different status.

@BenW. IGE is a logged issue, for the match screens overwriting the skin files with the mod files is correct, but need screenshots of any match issues as didn't notice any in testing.

9 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

They should be set by the settings file - grey role boxes are set by the line bits (defender_line, goalkeeper_line etc) and duty colours by the duty lines underneath them listed in the special colours section.

The player box should be controlled by player_tactics_box but it's status will also be controlled by the various picking player... colours depending on the player status.

Names should be controlled by the various tactics player name... colours - different ones for different status.

@BenW. IGE is a logged issue, for the match screens overwriting the skin files with the mod files is correct, but need screenshots of any match issues as didn't notice any in testing.

I'll try to get some when I'm next on. Also I really like the scoreboard on the Light Skin but after I put the Match Screen Mod on it reverts back to the original scoreboard. Is that supposed to happen?

9 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Thank you so much! Only thing I can't find is the player role. See screenshot.

Want this in white as well, than I'm happy.

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 12.12.57.png

Hi michael... 

Help here:

Home page (pending transfers):

spacer.png

News screens problems:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The number 2 - could the buttons change to another colour?

Line up on the right is white:

spacer.png

Can you help me with this?

Edited by PequenoGenio

Great work on this, having a nice, bright skin has made the playing experience a lot less gloomy, thank you!

I do have a question though, is there any way to make the colours on the training screen stronger?

wvt9qMn.png

The weak pastels do not mix well with my rubbish vision as I struggle to tell the dark blue and purple apart, as well as the grey and the light blue.

Edited by zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
On 22/01/2021 at 02:03, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It should work but you'll need to change a couple of colours in the match score area panel file as they are set to custom colours - change match_primary_button to bg accent and match_primary_text to white to get the default colours that should work with other skins.

Though there will be a stand-alone version released next week when I get a chance.

Thank you @michaeltmurrayuk

I tried to follow your instructions, but could not locate the 100% correct lines to change the text in the match score area file.

Is it the only file who could be copied from the Light-version into the other skin or the hole folder ?

Perhaps I better wait for your version to be done :)

Thank out for your patience :thup:

8 hours ago, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz said:

The weak pastels

I also think it's too pastel and not contrasting. For myself, I left the color blocks unchanged and changed the color of the text.

Spoiler

1695083642_2021-01-2316_54_33-Window.thumb.png.7cae5163d0e8574fc8615845634c6a66.png