My wingers don't score enough goals and it's driving me mad.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, fali1917 said:

My wingers don't score enough goals and it's driving me mad , does someone have any advice or tips.

Are they set as Inside Forwards? ... these tend to be more 'goal getters' than someone set as a winger, which is more a provider role.

17 hours ago, fali1917 said:

My wingers don't score enough goals and it's driving me mad , does someone have any advice or tips.

Winger stay wide and provide crosses.

Inside forwards cut in and take shots at goal.

Also what are their shooting attributes like? Are your team creating many chances in general?

• SI Staff

Not to be silly - but you're saying they don't score enough, Man City are a very attacking side in real-life and the stats your players are getting appear very similar to those they had before the game started?

Generally speaking your results look awesome - apart from against Arsenal who appear to be your bogey team :D

The only thing I'd suggest if you want to get them more opportunities is that in real-life Man City get quite a few of their chances from their pressing against the opposition, you have that set but you also have 'cautious' for tackling - if you up this to a more aggressive setting then you'll probably win the back back quicker and thus get a few more opportunities (especially if its won back in the opposition half). That obviously does increase the risk of cards though.

PS - You're playing Sterling as a forward which means you aren't going to get much hold up play up front which might limit opportunities somewhat for your inside forwards, if you had a taller/stronger player in that role then they might get more layoffs? (especially knock-backs from crosses etc.)