FM 21 - Tromsø IL

SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

November 29...

Beating Juventus away is one of the results of the save, the Italian giants are a superb side and take 4 points from the 2 games against them is a great step forward.

Followed that up with a home draw to Benfica, we are now unbeaten in 5 games of this season Champions League and only the last game away to Dinamo is left

There is 3 more games to go in this season, 1 more in the league vs Valerenga and I need to win to complete the unbeaten season. We will then play Stabeak in the Cup Final and try to win the domestic treble and then lastly we travel to Croatia to take on Dinamo Zagreb and look to secure top spot in the group.

a1cccc9603d501246b87ad094eaac956.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tromsø IL logo.svg

December 29...

Unbeaten season is complete!

Easily dispatched Valerenga to unsure we didn't lose a game all season and then we win the cup to secure the domestic treble.

Also, we remained unbeaten in the group stages of the Champions League, we will take on Atletico Madrid in the next round.  

Fantastic effort all around for the team

dcf41872400429589b3bb7b3e433e8ce.png

cec4fa3366ba95f0430c920f580e78cf.png

Well down on the 102 goals score last season but we also conceded half as many, all my goals were met this season.

Fredrikstad will face a playoff to try and stop being the yoyo club of Norway. It would ideal if they could stay up as having the bigger named clubs around makes it look better overall. I also was thinking if I got bored of Tromso, I would head there and save them.

469df20d5031e0cb6f60c3f380701c4a.png

b8472faefe9ab6027ba2c9430d76441c.png

Atletico are a familiar team, we have played them 4 times and yet to win so far but we are now also a far better team the previous games we have played them.

f5c939113dea072ea30d22b2e78ce956.png

Goalkeepers...

Nothing different this season, I continued with Kim Scheele Moe as the number 1, still only 22 and should be the number 1 for many years (pending a super regen coming through)

I may look at selling Felix Ytternes, hes too good for a number 2 spot and I have a decent enough alternative in the youth ranks.

Defence...

The biggest change in defence saw Juli Viktorsson become a major fixture at the back, he played the most games and both Hove and Palmqvist were used on rotation next to him.

Also Patrik Larsson was promoted from youth setup, he will serve as the 4th choice but actually looks like a major prospect and could get more games next season.

All 4 of the wingbacks performed well in their "lockdown" roles, I will probably be looking to move on Emil Palsson and promote a player to replace him.

Midfield...

Both of our DMs played well, still no clear favourite with either Bisteh-Owe or David Efremov but the latter does seem to like to score goals despite it not being anywhere near his job description.

I will be selling both Edvard Tagseth and Ronningen Jorgensen, I have no need for either anymore and there is better players in the under 19s who can fill in when needed. I will being using both Amtoft and Bentzen more heavily next season as our playmakers.

Outside, our dynamic wing duo of Erik Osterdahl and Juha Lahtinen were again superb for me, contributing not only assists as required but a fair few goals as well. I am also very lucky to have a 3rd very good winger in the squad, Bjorki Por Haroarson also added 11 goals and 15 assists. 

Attack...

Herman Geelmuyden led the way again for Tromso, just missing out on back to back 50 goal seasons but he also played a lot less games this year.

His partner was mostly Henrik Soderberg, he chipped in 23 goals and also used on rotation was Danny Ziegler and youth prospect Kim Fischer. I like Fischer actually, hes a big tall and strong player so he gives us another style of player to use up front. Its for this reason that Danny Ziegler will be sold in the next window.

667f85421d4b961e797c724b1540f08a.png

AUGUST UPDATE- TROMSO IL

We are going up!

FIXTURES

Dissapointing defeat mid-september, but we went on a win streak, are 11 points clear at the top and playoffs are confirmed. We have fixed the problem of conceding late on.

PLAYERS

A big part of not conceding late on was oumar diaby, who impressed in his performances, and now karlstrom is injured, diaby is set to play for the rest of the season. Discovered sigurd gronli, a young attacking midfielder who has been pretty good so far. He was a fm hidden wonderkid a few years back, and has helped form an attacking 4 of kitolano, gronli, azemi (who signed on a permanent deal), and michael noro ingebrigsten. Lasse nilsen has forced his way in at left back, lars saetra has come in at centre-back and there is a new right back whose name I can't remember. Azemi has scored some goals for 

TACTICS

Keeping with the gegenpress for now, but I am beggining to wonder if we should start to stifle opposition opportunities, and get it to the attackers using the double pivot of yttegard jenssen and Opsahl.

TRANSFERS

We signed a player from ostersunds. I can't remember his name.

On another note, the actual elitsieren is starting soon, so I will be tracking tromso's progress in real life

• 1 month later...

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Manager update..

its been a few months since I played FM, I had some real world to deal with but I started getting the itch again. I am thinking I will possibly pick up where I left off in December and continue my quest to win the Champions League in Tromso and using players only from Scandinavian countries.

I will probably change posting approach for now, the domestic front is fairly straight forward so will likely only provide 2 updates per season (Middle and End) and I will focus more posts in tactics, players and European matches

Summary and Catch up...

2b1a28a31e210bf11ab5a671c17205d0.png

Up next...

Play Knockout matches vs Atletico Madrid in 2030

Start season 2030.

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Champions League First Knockout 2030...

We gave it a good shout against Atletico, in the end their class got them through. Barely.

This was by far our best attempt at the Champions league, we finished top of the group and and lost only 1 game (2-1 away to Atletico)

'524b95bdccb7fa4f3b70133d36c39a1f.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Season 2030...

A nice welcome back season for me as the manager of Tromso, we secure the domestic treble yet again and in back to back years.

In the league, it was another comfortable season. We make it back to back league seasons without a defeat.

f44d6811690a927d252a3acf06be137b.png

e95f9fc495b7719cbaac160d177f1fc9.png

Squad Review 2030...

Goalkeepers...

Kim Scheele Moe maintained his status as the number 1, this will be the case for the next 7 years I would imagine at least. Hes by far the best keeper in the region and is perfectly solid.

I will be looking to move on Felix Ytternes from the back up spot, for no reason other than hes too good to be wasted here and has been unhappy about it for 2 years or so.

Defenders...

A few players here didnt fill me with great confidence, its a shame we are so strong domestically because I can only judge on European games. I will be looking to make 2-3 changes in this area. Long time CB pairing of Hove and Palmqvist will be sold and I am going to review the fullbacks available and see if we can upgrade those as well.

I have a pipeline of talent in the under 19s that can help us as well, some are ready to move into the first team squad.

Midfielders...

We have devestating and world class quality and potential in our wing ranks and they are so key and vital to our success. Both left wingers are truly world class, Haroarson and Osterdahl added 45 odd goals between them this season and thats more than I can ever ask of them.

On the right, I am working to bring out the same returns from Lahtinen and his backup Jadama and while the out put was not as prolific, there was 30 goals from right wing as well.

The centre of midfield is the biggest question mark in the squad, I use a DM who basically is just a cleaner and does what I ask, so thats ok for now. I will probably move on one of the options we have so either Biseth-Owe or Efremov and promote a player who looks better.

The other is meant to be a playmaker, Amtoft and Bentzen are my guys here. Bentzen actually struggles a little on the ratings but did give us 6 goals and 12 assists and Amtoft chipped in 11 goals and 14 assists.

Attackers....

I have a solid 4 forwards to use for 2 positions and I dont see any reason to make a change here as all 4 seem to be good and we score plenty of goals. This season did see our goal machine Geelmuyden go backwards in his output but he still scored 30 goals and is still good enough to be our leading man for now and is basically already a club legend.

Next season I plan to give more games to both Fischer and Dalsgaard, they are the future forward pairing for the club.

6a607935894a53db58c392cc825bf091.png

Champions League 2030...

I dont remember why and when but Norway lost its automatic group stage allocation this season and we had to start our campaign very early this year in the playoffs

We managed a comfortable campaign to make the group stages, not sure how did lose to Dundalk but we did enough in the first leg to not have to worry and we had an entertaining tie vs Kiev to qualify 

For the group stages proper, we had familiar opponents Atletico Madrid and a chance to get redemption for the First Knockout round defeat last season and did that! We beat them both home and away.  Our only 2 defeats came to Chelsea as I would have predicted because they are a far superior side.

50e2db24d269ac216945660416da12d4.png

We will take on Benfica early in 2031, a decent chance to push into the next round.

530917acfefe1e9a2025edd181d7fc72.png

63d706603a11dcdb5780b80c1080df28.png

Status Tracking...

Will add this at the end of each season, its a nice way to keep track of achievements.

329757197264953544cf57e1b6ff6588.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Season 2031...

Firstly lets get Champions League out of the way.

Playing big games so early in our season is a killer. I tried to get match fitness going but it was not enough.

In truth I was disappointed, Benfica is a team we have beaten a few times during group games with playing them cold as our first 2 competitive matches of the season was too hard.

fd0f643b400dd25d9a4263d25391319b.png

Our best domestic season yet!

A crushing 8th title in a row, we are hunting down Rosenborg  and their 13 in a row record as we continue our quest to be the greatest side in Norwegian history.

In terms of points, we finished on 86 and this is our best yet with 28 wins and 2 draws (Molde and Brann took points from us)

The defence slipped a little bit, this likely due to new combinations and slight tweak in tactics.

This the 3rd consecutive year of zero defeats domestically, we wrapped up a 3rd straight treble winning both the Norwegian Supercup 5-1 over Lillestrom and the League Cup also over Lillstrom 4-2

.f8e20fc10c28962377b3807b8c811444.png

Transfers 2030...

I upgraded our CB department, added a some speed to our forwards and improved our backup keeper position. I actually let a few first team players go as well, I decided to promote a few players from within.

Players IN...

b7d702c82d1d984847c887e51dc087a8.png

76f7f6b85c24b6b1e81f6fb568a79ff7.png

3 players were signed for the first team and the rest were sent to the under 19s for development or loans.

Martin Mikkelsen... 

One of the better centre backs in the region, he signed for a large fee as well. I dont love his height or jumping reach but hes an upgrade to our ranks.

d25b14073cb86c2da54172086be2050e.png

Carsten Geertsen...

I loved his pace, I think he can be a real weapon for our side. I had my eye on him for close to 3 years but was never able to get him because they valued him very high. This window he was unhappy and finally was able to make a deal happen. I think he can be the long term star player for the side.

e5ce0732bad2cb85e1d64f8dd817903a.png

Jon Arne Rasch...

Another upgrade for the squad, a quality backup who was happy to sign as a backup as well. He ended up playing a few games this season as well and produced when asked.

ffb723035f0fd0ef5dca21df6e3bdaa6.png

Players promoted to the first team...

All 3 are ready to play straight away and all 3 did end up playing a few games this season as well. I really like Michael Topshoj, he looks great in games and is a big body and looks strong in the DM position.

I am going to retrain Tomi Korhonen to play on the right back position, hes an inverted left fullback now.

e6911beac9dabebf8fcacc447b53f7d0.pnge82071f4179d4c316c2ccc95b307c384.png

7a4eb490b1b34476388db10f891fb4fe.png

Players Out...

Notable players out were:  Gustav Palmqvist, Felix Ytternes, Fredrik Biseth-Owe, Sandre Hove, MIke Williams and lastly Henrik Soderberg

All were good players but most of them wanted to leave and I felt I could upgrade all of them and it took our net spend to around 10 million.

d7c8b6b10f36de8233e935a236797dbc.png

Champions League 2030...

A mixed bag this campaign..

Again we had to do the long run to the group stages, it was in real danger with the 3-4 away loss to Celtic in the final playoff but we blew them away 3-0 in the home leg.

During the group campaign we were hot and cold again. The home form was key with 2 wins and a draw but away we got blow away by Juventus and Feyenoord. Thankfully we maintained our form vs Atletico and we pipped them into 2nd place in the group.

3d5e8f7800a1b1c8910ddb4ab06634ae.png

8e261f3f9af8ee576d6d557f4e20aa2c.png

Sadly this is probably were it ends for this Champions League Campaign as we draw against City in the First Knockout Round...

I will try and line up a large number of friendlies before we take on City in an attempt to build up match fitness and form

dc5b719dd688cbe4136a6938280c96f6.png

Squad Review 2030...

Goalkeepers..

Rotated both keepers this season, with new signing Jon Arne Rasch being our cup keeper. He finished with the higher rating as well.

Defenders...

I have 4 quality CBs to use but leaned on 3 of them with Vitor being the odd man out. Hes still a little raw to use but has huge potential.  Will continue with the same defence as this season, I will however sell on Aittola from RB and promote a player again.

Midfielders...

No complaints again from our wingers Osterdahl, Haroarson and Lahtinen and sadly Jadma didn't end up getting the games I thought he would. I loved Topshoj and Amtoft in the middle of the park, they play well together and have big future for the club. 

Attackers...

Main man Geelmuyden was at it again this season, we slotted away another 33 goals this season as he continues to lead the line. I also then rotated Fischer and Geertsen as his main partner up front with 4 choice Dalsgaard also adding a few games but not many goals.

For the time being, I dont see any changes needed here as I will continue to use Geelmuyden as the main attacker and his support cast are also doing well. I want to groom Dalsgaard to play more as hes got huge potential but so far hes not shown it. I could also move him down to Midfield as hes natural in the MC spot as well.

1dd45f879a8b29d5744feab3e79cdb12.png

Edited by SimpleFM