Clubs 2nd teams.

This might seem like a stupid question, but what do I do with 2nd teams?

I like to take control of all training, from the 1st team all the way down to the youth teams. I’m looking to start a save with Hoffenheim, however the Hoffenhiem 2nd team is part time. Will they always be part time or is it possible for them to get promoted. I don’t want to have youth players stuck there who will suffer from lack of progress due to being only to train on a part time schedule. 

59 minutes ago, Viva La Geo said:

This might seem like a stupid question, but what do I do with 2nd teams?

Will they always be part time or is it possible for them to get promoted. 

I'm not familiar with German rules. They can get promoted but I don't believe they could play in the same league as the parent club. 

In Real Life a 2. Team can't get higher than 4th Tier, which is not a proffesional league. As I have never seen one in FM I believe it is the same. 

But you could loan out your players to third-tier clubs, which always need loans as their budgets are strict.   

9 hours ago, Deaniseal said:

In Real Life a 2. Team can't get higher than 4th Tier, which is not a proffesional league. As I have never seen one in FM I believe it is the same. 

But you could loan out your players to third-tier clubs, which always need loans as their budgets are strict.   

The 3rd tier is the highest 2nd teams can play in, not the 4th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3._Liga#Clubs