4123 - 1 MC, 2 AMC and 3 ST

While I was playing Sevilla, they came up against me with this tactic:

B5Y9JHq.png

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to create something similar or if you have ideas on how to set it up to balance attack and defense 

Edited by Peluch

Interesting. Basically, you need a lot of support duties to make the system as fluid as possible, so that players would maximally help each other out in all phases of play.

I have never thought about using such an adventurous formation, but if I were to give it a try - I'd probably go with something like this:

DLFsu  PO  CFsu

AMat     APsu

CMde

WBsu  CDde  CDde  WBsu

Given that the formation is extremely top-heavy, it lends itself to defending aggressively in the opposition half. Trying to play a defensive style of football would definitely not be a good idea with this kind of formation. And it definitely requires really good players who are able to keep the ball confidently. 

11 ore fa, Experienced Defender ha scritto:

I have never thought about using such an adventurous formation

neither did I, but after seeing it I thought "why not?" After all FM is a game :D

Interesting. Basically, you need a lot of support duties to make the system as fluid as possible, so that players would maximally help each other out in all phases of play

I thought the same, but I have doubts about the 5 in front .. I would not want them to occupy each other's spaces

DLFsu  PO  CFsu

AMat     APsu

CMde

WBsu  CDde  CDde  WBsu

I thought of somenthing similar:

F9 AF CFsu

AMat  APsu

CMde

WBsu CDde CDde WBsu

SKde

Mentality: Balanced
Instruction:
- In possession: Play out of defence (maybe wide width?) and maybe pass into space
- In transition: Conter-Press, Distribuite quickly
- Out of possession: Much higher defense line, Tighter Marking, Offside trap, Standard LOE with split block

Edited by Peluch

I would not use wide attacking width but rather focus through the middle. Pass into space only on a situational basis.

Out of possession, I would definitely avoid tight marking, because the system is top-heavy and obviously attacking. Split block - yes, but with DL just one notch higher than LOE (not 2 notches). 

Of course, that's just my personal preference. Not claiming that it cannot work if set up differently.

Does the AI want me to beat it 10-0, because this is how the AI lets me beat it 10 - 0.

While playing with this tactic I would assume you want to me ultra direct to get numerical advantages with the counter attack (although any sensible player is having a deep DL, two FBs who stay back and a holding player against this). Other than that I do not see how this can be effective. The AI in the screenshot is using some kind of aggressive wing backs so they want to cross? Which makes sense since you will have all of the players in the box.

Honestly the only thing I can I can think is how much fun it would be to rip this open on the counter.