Please settle an online debate for me!

Hi all.

My friend and I have been battling out in online FM games for over 9 years. It really blows the single player game out of the water for us.

Anyway, the debate - We’re in season 3 of our challenge, he is West Brom and I am Fulham. It’s around Christmas and I am struggling in 18th. He’s doing really well and in 6th. I had lost 6 games in a row and I had the dreaded board meeting. I had a month to turn this around. Over the next 3 games, I won 2 (one in the cup) and lost 1 (to Man U). My next game was against Wolves who were in 15th and my internet dropped out on the day of the game and he accidentally continued, and the game was played. I lost 3-0 and the team had numerous changes and not what I would’ve picked (not that my form suggests I know what I’m doing). I said we’d just go back and replay it but the last save was 4 games ago, and in that time he had beat Man Utd and Chelsea. He didn’t want to go back and said I would’ve lost anyway, given my form. My argument was that I had turned a mini corner and that game was huge. We ended up carrying on and I lost the next game, and I got sacked.

I just wanted you all to settle an argument either way about what we should’ve done! I know you probably don’t all care but it is a lot of pride at stake :)

Thanks in advance!!

Tom (unemployed)

Man. This is hilarious.

I only ever play network games nowadays (for many years actually) and you’re right, it blows single player out of the water.

I feel your pain, and cannot advise how to settle this argument. However what I can suggest, and this has made a HUGE difference to us, is that you set the save to save after every game. Every single game. That way this nightmare (believe me, I’ve had countless of these due to dodgy internet etc) can be resolved instantly and elegantly.

Good luck.

P.S. We only realised we could set the game to save like this two versions ago and it has literally revolutionised our gameplay.

Edited by Tyburn
42 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

P.S. We only realised we could set the game to save like this two versions ago and it has literally revolutionised our gameplay.

I think we only added it two versions ago :D

I can’t believe you’ve all sided with him :lol: 

It’s ok, I’ve had great fun watching him play for the last 2 hours. 

Now you’ve backed him, I haven’t experienced unemployment much. I am only rated 1.5/2 star, national league pro footballer past experience. What’s my realistic next job? Would I have to dive down from the premier league to league 1 etc?!

52 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Man. This is hilarious.

I only ever play network games nowadays (for many years actually) and you’re right, it blows single player out of the water.

I feel your pain, and cannot advise how to settle this argument. However what I can suggest, and this has made a HUGE difference to us, is that you set the save to save after every game. Every single game. That way this nightmare (believe me, I’ve had countless of these due to dodgy internet etc) can be resolved instantly and elegantly.

Good luck.

Thanks for this. Surely as the host, it is his responsibility to do this, therefore, I win the argument 😂

I’m so sorry, I want to side with you! But four games is just far too much to protect your dodgy internet. 

Because of my network save I have ‘auto save after every game’ turned on. I’d absolutely be forcing a restart if I’ve been disadvantaged beyond my control as long as doing so wouldn’t force my competitor to be unfairly disadvantaged too.