Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

Currently in a save with Ajax, and im looking to develop some sort of pep tactic with them. Part of the reasoning behind this is because ive always wanted to use inverted wing backs and this can help with a nice defensive shape allowing the 2cms to push up and join the attack. Going forward i feel we are somewhat there with want i want to see. Defensively however we seem to be conceding fairly often and i cant quite put my finger on why. The tactic struggles in general in europe but our group has R Madrid, Chelsea and Monchengladbach. Below is a screenshot of the tactic (no PI) and the shape im looking for in attack but defensively not there yet

Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot (33).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sarriball14 said:

im looking to develop some sort of pep tactic with them

As far as I know, Pep's style is nowhere near as disjointed (referring to all 3 forwards on attack duties + both wide forwards as wingers on attack). Pep is more of a tiki-takish manager, which requires a system with more fluidity and more dynamic interplay between roles in the system. 

Your team instructions may suit Pepstyle, but the setup of roles and duties runs counter to it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

As far as I know, Pep's style is nowhere near as disjointed (referring to all 3 forwards on attack duties + both wide forwards as wingers on attack). Pep is more of a tiki-takish manager, which requires a system with more fluidity and more dynamic interplay between roles in the system. 

Your team instructions may suit Pepstyle, but the setup of roles and duties runs counter to it. 

Thanks for your reply, the reasoning behind the wingers on attack was to occupy the wide channels but also get in the box when needed. What happens with both wingers at the moment is exactly that! Both wingers are contributing heavily with goals and assists. With the IWBs on both sides coming inside I need width high up the pitch.

But I do agree with you it does remove that fluidity that’s needed. What suggestions would you recommend?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

If you like how it works, better do not make any changes. 

Offensively I like it but defensively I’m not sure on it. I’m open to other suggestions on the wide players roles and duties 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sarriball14 said:

Offensively I like it but defensively I’m not sure on it. I’m open to other suggestions on the wide players roles and duties 

The problem is that defense and attack as phases of play are directly linked, so any defense-related change/tweak can affect your attacking play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...