Hi, 

I'm halfway through my 9th season with Borussia Dortmund and have noticed that random free agents have started to appear in my first team and are duplicating. I first noticed this issue halfway through my 8th season during the January transfer window. I wanted to clear out some deadwood and noticed that my team was full of these random free agents and that an exact copy of the player also appeared underneath. I can't move these player to my reserves or release them as they are not under contract. I played through the rest of the season with the hope that when the season refreshed the copies would go away. However, this was not the case and more copies of the players have started to appear. Completely filling my squad. 

I offered one of the players a contract at the club to try and see if I would be able to move them to the reserves or release them. I was then the option to move the signed player to the reserves but when I did this he remained part of the first team. The copies of the player remained unsigned and also stayed in the first team. I then tried offering the signed player out of sale, I then received the normal 'No offers made for these players'. What is interesting though is that, despite offering only the signed player version out it appeared to offer that player plus all of the copies of that player out as separate players. I then tried releasing the signed player to see if that would stop it and that was somewhat successful. The player was released and removed from the first team. However, all of the copies of that player remained. 

I have also noticed that the game will not let you have the same player in the team twice. So if you have one 'Ben Smith' in the team and try to add one of the copies of 'Ben Smith' to the bench, it is just seen as a blank space. 

I have no idea what has caused this issue. I'm actually really disappointed that I might have to stop playing the save as I've vested a lot of time into it. The team are playing to my tactics with full links. My wonderkids are starting to shine and I'm selling senior players who were wonderkids for really good value. I've also won 8 Bundesliga titles in a row. However, my team is overflowing with useless free agents and duplicates at this point. 

Thank you for your time. 

Stephen 

Duplicates.jpg

Hi @Hogger93, thank you for your post. 

This is not an issue that we have seen internally or had reports of elsewhere on the forums. We are now in the process of trying to reproduce this issue, in order or us to do so would you be able to provide us with some additional info such as, How many/what leagues you have loaded, have you purchased any store items/bank boosts etc, roughly what date did the first player appear in the squad (if you can be more specific than just the transfer window, what platform you are playing on.

Thank you in advance.

Im having this issue too, playing an online career with 2 friends, im the only one in the game to have some free agents in the first team, some of them is duplicated, and im not able to get rid of them, and i can't send them to the 2.nd team, as they have no contract.

I have tried to get one of them a contract and then releasing him from that contract, but nothing happened, and they are all still in the first team.

Our setup is:

Host: xbox one series x

5 leagues selected, England, Holland, Italy, Spain, Germany, and we selected to start in the 2.bundesliga

I got promotion in the first season, leaving the other 2 clubs in the 2.bundesliga, in second season one of the other teams stopped playing, and has been on holiday ever since, the other team won promotion in the second season and has since played in the bundesliga together with me.

Im not 100% sure when the problem started occuring, as looking at one of the players history it seems he was attatched to my 2.team first, so maybe i first recognised him in my 1.team in the 2023/24 season

At first the players was not duplicated, this happened over time, and im not sure too when this has happened as im not scolling to the bottom of my squad that often as i know the players in the bottom is these players which is not needed.

Feel free to ask any questions or request additional screenshots

fm_error_highres1.png

Edited by Morten Daugaard
On 11/01/2021 at 15:14, Michael Mallia said:

Hi @Hogger93, thank you for your post. 

This is not an issue that we have seen internally or had reports of elsewhere on the forums. We are now in the process of trying to reproduce this issue, in order or us to do so would you be able to provide us with some additional info such as, How many/what leagues you have loaded, have you purchased any store items/bank boosts etc, roughly what date did the first player appear in the squad (if you can be more specific than just the transfer window, what platform you are playing on.

Thank you in advance.

Please let me know if my previous post is enough data for you to replicate this error, thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am also having this problem with duplicating player. Example, Michael Duffy.

I am currently in my second season of my Bolton Save. I purchased this player before the transfer period of my second season, and for that player the contract of current club has run off and i brought him for a free trial period (just to train with my player not be on as a free agent). When the transfer period started he was officially signed but then he duplicate it to me on my squad screen (aproximately 30.06.2021.). When go to the attribute page of all my player and came along to michael Duffy further scrolling in that aplhabetical order could not be performed. I can not assign any number to him. If i want to assign number to "one" Duffy (example 11) at the "second" Duffy shows number -1 (very odd). He can not play for me beacuse on can not give him any number. 

I play on PC on Steam Platform. And have loaded next leagues - English, irish, scottish, nothern irish, norway, holland, italy, france, spain, portugal, brazil, argentina, germany (with all croatian players). 

Please respond because I don't want to sell him or don't play him :'(

image.png.735a4443201c7c8661a6f803632ea0a0.png

Hi @okramn, thank you for your post. 

This forum is intended for the Xbox Edition of FM21, however as there is no appropriate post on the FM21 Steam forum could I please ask that you attach a copy of your save file to our cloud service (instructions below).

If you have a save file before the duplication occurs then could you please also attach that.

We will ensure that the save files are given to the right person to investigate.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support#text 

@Morten Daugaard apologies for the lack of response on my part. Thank you for providing the information. That issue is still currently under review with the dev team.

5 hours ago, Michael Mallia said:

@Morten Daugaard apologies for the lack of response on my part. Thank you for providing the information. That issue is still currently under review with the dev team.

@Michael Malliathanks for updating me on the matter, that's allright - i know something like this will be hard to track down as you need to replicate it yourself, thanks for sticking to it! - FM2021 is truly a gem, eventhough there is some bugs here and there

Let me know if you need additional information, as we're progressing in the game... it seems as when this occurs, those players will forever be stuck in your first team, without any possibility to remove them, sometimes you even has to respond to media about what they are up to, really weird.

Edited by Morten Daugaard

@Michael Mallia

I've just recorded some video footage of how this shows at my team at the moment.

All the players that i go through in the video, i have never signed, as i remember they suddenly appeared in the team out of nowhere as free agents.

I only signed one of them, as i thought this was a way to get rid of them by then selling him or letting him leave, but this wasn't solveable in any way.

As you see not all of them is duplicates, but some are, im not able to get rid of any of them, they have been sitting idle in the first team for years, and from time to time, i also have to respond to news reporters about them and their actions, quite weird.

NB. i had to upload video in to parts, as it was too big, just unpack together :)

duplicat_players_and_others_stuck_in_team.part1.rar

• 3 weeks later...

I’m also having this issue with a Bundesliga save.

Here are the details of my save:

1860 München - 8th season. Now in the Bundesliga.

On Xbox Series X - 10 Leagues - Germany, France, Italy, Spain, England, Holland, Belgium, Poland, Switzerland, Czech Republic.

The issue happened for me shortly after the youth intake in the 7th season.

The youth intake normally goes into the first team. However, I usually move them into 1860 München II straight away.

However, I forgot and left it until after the beginning of the new campaign, after the season review page, and I had the issue above. I couldn’t move them and/or release them. When I signed a couple, with gritted teeth as they were rubbish, I then found that they duplicated 2/3 times. 

Once signed, the option to move the players to 1860 München II/release on free is available but does nothing as above. 

In addition, I even sold one of the players to a Bavarian regional club and he is STILL on my books but when you click player details his badge is that of the other club. 

Edited by NickKoop16

Hi @NickKoop16, do you have a Windows 10 PC that you could possibly use to provide us with a save? If so, please follow the details below. Additionally, do you have a save that is just before the youth intake?

Since you own FM21 on Xbox, you will be able to install it on your PC for free.

If you are playing on console or switching between console and PC, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)

2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog

3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition\Temporary

4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)

5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)

6) Upload to our cloud service (details copied below)

On 06/04/2021 at 12:21, Rob Heckman said:

Hi @NickKoop16, do you have a Windows 10 PC that you could possibly use to provide us with a save? If so, please follow the details below. Additionally, do you have a save that is just before the youth intake?

Since you own FM21 on Xbox, you will be able to install it on your PC for free.

If you are playing on console or switching between console and PC, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)

2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog

3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition\Temporary

4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)

5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)

6) Upload to our cloud service (details copied below)

Sorry for the delay, I've uploaded the game file for you: 

1860 Munchen.fmt

The cloud uploader said to mention the file name in this forum post. 

Unfortunately, I did check, but I no longer have a save just before the youth intake as the auto save has written over the files. The back ups only go back around a month or so before the save I sent you.

However, you'll be able to see the problem at least. I've attached a screenshot of some of the players, the list is much longer.

Thanks for the help, hopefully you'll be able to get this patched as the list is getting longer and longer with every season! 

image.png

Edited by NickKoop16
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hi @Rob Heckman

I just wondered if you've got anywhere with this yet? I've done another two seasons since I sent you the file. 

However, it is becoming very unwieldy now to manage my squad as I've go so many names, players both at my team and also players who have moved on to other clubs.

This is making the tactics screen useless (pre-match) as I have to scroll through 20-30 names to find a player who I want to put on the squad/bench. The only way I can tell the difference is that the duplicates do not have a squad number. 

Even on the main squad list it is making it difficult to do contract renewals or see general information.  

I really don't want to give up on this save as I've done 12 seasons and spent over 19 days game time on it. 

Any update would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by NickKoop16