[FM21/22] La Liga - the home of Spanish football

stgahoy

7 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

This exercise saved me around £1m in weekly wages, and I don't think the squad will be any weaker for it

That's the way to do it! :cool: That loan deal for Griezemann is excellent.

Trincao's wage has been a shocker for me all year - tried to loan him a number of times but that wage is always a deal-breaker.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, warlock said:

That's the way to do it! :cool: That loan deal for Griezemann is excellent.

Trincao's wage has been a shocker for me all year - tried to loan him a number of times but that wage is always a deal-breaker.

Cheers, I think we are in decent shape but only results will prove if that is true. Trincao was away on loan last year (as was Pjanic) so I am currently spending £400k p/w on the pair that I would prefer not to. 

Below shows I am currently £1m p/w under the wage budget, but the board want to go from Quarter Final to Semi Final in the Champions League. Their La Liga expectations are fine though, and pre-season results went well considering we only had 14 or 15 players available for the summer training camp in Portugal.

1186078063_FCBfinancialsummary2.0.thumb.png.c245c48cdaeadae08effa35122a5312e.png

54958360_FCBseason2expectations.png.99436de34e096fd34112a8b8eb971910.png

590053311_FCBarcelona_Fixtures2.0.png.40f3988457105ef47bbe10cf3ef0dd4f.png

That's it for this update, it's (past) time to sleep and then we will see how the season starts tomorrow evening...

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Excellent transfers - I am surprised Sevilla could afford to take Umtiti on! I guess you are still trying to move Pjanic.

As you may know, Nunez was the player who recently dismantled Barca in the UCL.

Thanks I hope it works out that way.

You are right about Sevilla and Umtiti, he was probably the hardest to shift of them all due to wage and ability balance.

Pjanic is even more of a problem as he doesn't want to leave despite being unregistered. Chelsea have been keen for months, and Juventus sometimes show interest - but neither seem to be able to do the wages. I offered him on loan with and without a future fee option, and on a straight transfer at £10m but no luck yet. I guess in FM22 this is where transfer deadline day might work better.

Yes I had the choice of ex-Barca man Alcacer for £40m or Nunez for much less (fee and wages). Given that Nunez was (and is) an actual transfer target and did well against them IRL,  it was a logical pick in the end. 

18 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Thanks I hope it works out that way.

You are right about Sevilla and Umtiti, he was probably the hardest to shift of them all due to wage and ability balance.

Pjanic is even more of a problem as he doesn't want to leave despite being unregistered. Chelsea have been keen for months, and Juventus sometimes show interest - but neither seem to be able to do the wages. I offered him on loan with and without a future fee option, and on a straight transfer at £10m but no luck yet. I guess in FM22 this is where transfer deadline day might work better.

Yes I had the choice of ex-Barca man Alcacer for £40m or Nunez for much less (fee and wages). Given that Nunez was (and is) an actual transfer target and did well against them IRL,  it was a logical pick in the end. 

Think you may have to take a bit of a hit to Pjanic. Goes to show how nonsensical this transfer was IRL, among with the others.

Alcacer I have never really rated on FM due to his poor physicals. You need either the pace or the strength - ideally both. Darwin should do well enough. 

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Think you may have to take a bit of a hit to Pjanic. Goes to show how nonsensical this transfer was IRL, among with the others.

Alcacer I have never really rated on FM due to his poor physicals. You need either the pace or the strength - ideally both. Darwin should do well enough. 

I didn't spot that about Alcacer, but am sure you are right. I noticed his finishing was around 17 (Nunez is 13), but Nunez ticks all the right boxes and will be a good rotation option with Belotti.

As deadline day draws nearer it might be time to panic on Pjanic, and do something extraordinary to get him out.

Breaking-News-Barcelona-Latest.thumb.jpg.f716780dd152e79df91fe5dc109320b1.jpg

After months of trying, I finally got a bite from PSG on Pjanic (current value £35 million)

It was 27th August 2021 - just four days before the transfer window would close, and i was happy with this news

Unfortunately the board thought otherwise and wanted to block the transfer

346877118_Pjanicblocked.png.d2f37047161787116ae51e573fefe02b.png

But we had a chat and they agreed to support my decision

It was time to say, Pjanic over :lol:

1640294419_Pjanicover.png.30cfa1923b890c13aa2f3e14f2051596.png

Which left our weekly wage bill at £2.2 million - a massive £1.4 million per week inside the weekly wage budget of just over £3.6 million 

And considerably less than both Madrid clubs were spending as the transfer window closed (as at 1st September 2021)

1717488909_Barcawageroll01_09_21.png.f335fd40812e4cdbde721c47c0cbb6c4.png

• 2 weeks later...

So far in my barca save iv won the super cup and have a 5 point lead over real in the league in early Feb. Roberto left for Liverpool in January and lenglet to psg. Iv also managed to sign mbappe an sule on pre contract which will hopefully be offset by what I brought in from the sales and when dembele leaves on a free

• 3 months later...

I think it's better to add to this thread rather than creating a new one. That's what has also been done with the Italian Calcio thread for example.

Anyways, I've started up a game with my favourite team in Spain, Villarreal. I've been meaning to do a save with them for the last few FM editions, but I don't play enough to justify doing more than one or two saves each game and Villarreal haven't been one of them so far. Now, I'l finally get around to it and try to do 5 or more seasons with them until the next edition comes out. I'm about half a season in so far and liking it very much.

They have a fairly competitive squad off the bat, good key players in Gerard Moreno, Pau Torres and Dani Parejo, with young and exciting talent with some upside as well—Samuel Chukwueze, Yeremi Pino and Juan Foyth for example. I didn't sign anyone in the summer window, but offloaded the players who were transfer listed by default and wanted by other clubs.

1010152952_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_57_18.png.86680ec4143bf644807ddec0665cae3e.png

As I enter January, I have a budget of about £22M but no pressing issues. I might sign a backup with an upside for one or two position, but probably nothing more than that unless I receive big bids. I resigned Pau Torres, Gerard Moreno, Chukwueze and Alfonso Pedraza to new deals to raise their release clauses, but I might get some good bids for them that will be too good to turn down. This is my current squad/tactic:

989075244_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_56_51.thumb.png.bd758a0e2bd8a01a7ab0be03cee7b557.png

Which has led to these pretty solid numbers, which I'm currently happy with:

196528898_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_57_55.thumb.png.793d430a147b779ebdfce48bb84b23f1.png

And that results in me being in 4th place in the league currently and in the last 16 in the Champions League, where we face Dortmund. I would really welcome holding on to the 4th place but the competition is hard. Let's see what happens.

1093653805_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_55_53.thumb.png.c3fc36f34bfa525a66e6b6d2387abfd3.png

Finances are pretty solid but the projection shows us that I need to be mindful of where I spend my money and that we may need a big sell every now and then to keep us afloat and competitive.

No one else playing in Spain this edition?

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 12.57.37.png

3 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

I think it's better to add to this thread rather than creating a new one. That's what has also been done with the Italian Calcio thread for example.

Anyways, I've started up a game with my favourite team in Spain, Villarreal. I've been meaning to do a save with them for the last few FM editions, but I don't play enough to justify doing more than one or two saves each game and Villarreal haven't been one of them so far. Now, I'l finally get around to it and try to do 5 or more seasons with them until the next edition comes out. I'm about half a season in so far and liking it very much.

They have a fairly competitive squad off the bat, good key players in Gerard Moreno, Pau Torres and Dani Parejo, with young and exciting talent with some upside as well—Samuel Chukwueze, Yeremi Pino and Juan Foyth for example. I didn't sign anyone in the summer window, but offloaded the players who were transfer listed by default and wanted by other clubs.

1010152952_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_57_18.png.86680ec4143bf644807ddec0665cae3e.png

As I enter January, I have a budget of about £22M but no pressing issues. I might sign a backup with an upside for one or two position, but probably nothing more than that unless I receive big bids. I resigned Pau Torres, Gerard Moreno, Chukwueze and Alfonso Pedraza to new deals to raise their release clauses, but I might get some good bids for them that will be too good to turn down. This is my current squad/tactic:

989075244_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_56_51.thumb.png.bd758a0e2bd8a01a7ab0be03cee7b557.png

Which has led to these pretty solid numbers, which I'm currently happy with:

196528898_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_57_55.thumb.png.793d430a147b779ebdfce48bb84b23f1.png

And that results in me being in 4th place in the league currently and in the last 16 in the Champions League, where we face Dortmund. I would really welcome holding on to the 4th place but the competition is hard. Let's see what happens.

1093653805_Screenshot2022-01-31at12_55_53.thumb.png.c3fc36f34bfa525a66e6b6d2387abfd3.png

Finances are pretty solid but the projection shows us that I need to be mindful of where I spend my money and that we may need a big sell every now and then to keep us afloat and competitive.

No one else playing in Spain this edition?

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 12.57.37.png

It will be good to see how you get on with Villareal. I have never done a save with them but always liked their kits. 

I might do a save with them at some point on FM2022. Is Cazorla still there ?

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

It will be good to see how you get on with Villareal. I have never done a save with them but always liked their kits. 

I might do a save with them at some point on FM2022. Is Cazorla still there ?

Cazorla's left for Saudi-Arabia, unfortunately. The reason Villarreal are my favourite team in Spain is because of him and Robert Pires, two of my favourite players (yes, of course I'm an Arsenal fan ;)).

On 01/02/2022 at 22:24, Fox-7- said:

I'm managing Villarreal too...in the next few days probably I'll be able to provide some screenshots from my save.

Are you playing with 4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1 ?

I will definitely start long term save with them, but I don't know should I wait for official update or to play with those unofficial.

Also, main doubt is to play 4-4-2. I used this system in past, worked really well but not sure how is gonna work on FM22.

I was thinking something like this
Assenjo(GK-D)-Foyth(FB-D or S)-Albiol(CB-D)-Torres(CB-D)-Alberto Moreno(FB-A)-Chukwueze(IW-A, as right miedfielder)-F.Coquelin(CM-D or BWM-s), Parejo(DLP-S or D, depending on the Francis's role), Moi Gomez(Inverted Playmayker), Paco(Poacher) and Gerard Moreno(DLF-s).

What do you think about that?

Cheers

3 hours ago, Urke17 said:

I will definitely start long term save with them, but I don't know should I wait for official update or to play with those unofficial.

Also, main doubt is to play 4-4-2. I used this system in past, worked really well but not sure how is gonna work on FM22.

Assenjo(GK-D)-Foyth(FB-D or S)-Albiol(CB-D)-Torres(CB-D)-Alberto Moreno(FB-A)-Chukwueze(IW-A, as right miedfielder)-F.Coquelin(CM-D or BWM-s), Parejo(DLP-S or D, depending on the Francis's role), Moi Gomez(Inverted Playmayker), Paco(Poacher) and Gerard Moreno(DLF-s).

Cheers

I think the squad is relatively well suited to 4-4-2, I like that idea. 4-4-2 has worked well for me in other FM22 saves so far (with similar roles as you have detailed), so that should not be an issue.

11 ore fa, Urke17 ha scritto:

Cheers

I think that Villarreal team at the beginning of the save is well covered in all positions, both in quality and numbers except for the AM slot, so it allows you to work on different types of playing styles and formations. Given that, I've bought and sold players since the first transfer window to better suit the style of play that I had in mind

I opted for a 4-3-3 DM trying to get the 2-3-5 shape in attack, set up as follows:

SK(d)

IWB(s) BPD(d) CB(d) CWB(a)

DM(s)

MEZ(a) DLP(s)

IW(s)                                  IF(s)

AF(a)

But as 2nd and 3rd tactics I've got a flat 4-4-2 and a 3-4-3 with WBs in the DM strata, both set up to achieve 2-3-5 shape in attack too, with similar roles from the main tactic but different TIs in Transiton and Out of Possession 

Edited by Fox-7-

Last update.

I finished the January window and ended up having to make some moves as interest was incredibly high in my players. Below are my outgoings—it hurt really bad to move Parejo but Newcastle were persistent in their approach for him and I can't refuse almost 30m for a player going on 33 years old, especially when playing with a team that needs some influx of cash here and there. Trigueros asked for a move as he didn't feel like he could do more at Villarreal and wanted a final step-up in his career after having spent a dozen of years with us, so I allowed him to go for a decent fee.

827934633_Screenshot2022-02-02at13_53_05.png.f14e31b8c375992327be3fbdf89265eb.png

Below are my ingoings, which I will detail below.

155198785_Screenshot2022-02-02at13_52_50.png.e923b4c22f3caa9d6556bcca67d6acc9.png

Matías Arezo is a well known name here, but believe it or not, I have never managed him! I felt he was really overpowered in FM21 but here you need to work with him a bit more, which excites me. He goes back on loan to River but may come into the fold next season as interest in Gerard Moreno is picking up.

385621267_Screenshot2022-02-02at13_53_41.thumb.png.caad72cc465447b9adac9766c316ef9c.png

To replace Trigueiros I brought in young Brazilian Danilo. I probably overpaid a little bit and could have found a better deal for a better player, but Danilo has really sparked my interest in real life and I wanted to try him out in FM. He will start by backing Moi Gomez up for the AP-A slot in our midfield, but will probably find himself deeper in midfield in the next few seasons, I just have an overload of defensive-minded midfielders currently (Coquelin, Iborra, Capoue, Caseres).

140332048_Screenshot2022-02-02at13_53_29.thumb.png.8a3d3b33a53df8662b390ca1cc4f071b.png

We found an internal solution to replace Parejo, as I recalled Santiago Cáseres from his season-long loan. I also gave him a new contract to ward off interest from Real Madrid. He's a really good player and his mentals and passing ability is much needed after the departure of Parejo.

259922864_Screenshot2022-02-02at13_53_55.thumb.png.1f95c13e390e542f1821b175d811d4f4.png

Here I am with screenshots from my Villarreal save, currently on March 30th in the 1st season

in the first transfer window I sold some players for good money (I was so sorry to sell Parejo, I love him IRL, but couldn't say "no" to Newcastle's bid)

spacer.png

Then I bought the following players

spacer.png

Svanberg is a player who as an italian I follow in Serie A, and he is a very good player IRL, bought to be my starting Mezzala.

Veerman comes to replace Parejo, plus I called Caseres back from loan.

Grimaldo was bought to be used both as a left WB and a right IWB.

Badiashile has been signed to be our 3rd GK, notging special and Nagalo was loaned back to Nordsjelland.

spacer.png

In January, the transfer window was quite eventful, with Newcastle suddenly offering 52M (!) for Asenjo, and Rulli only a few days before asked for a transfer because he wasn't playing. Coquelin and Aurier also took the Premier League route in exchange for good money.

spacer.png

So I had to buy two goalkeepers, and I paid Bayindir's release clause to Fenerbache (he wasn't my first choice but it was the only one buyable without spending over 80M) and as a reserve goalkeeper I bought Schneller from Bayern at a very low price due to his expiring contract. I needed a reserve to make up the number in the AMR / AML position, so Castillejo arrived on loan for 6 months from Milan, and a long injury to Foyth (broken ankle, 4 months out) forced me to recall from the loan Nagalo, taken in. summer from Nordsjelland and left there on loan.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here is the main tactic in use now, already seen in the previous post. At the beginning of the season despite the good results I struggled to find the right connection between AML and CF position, and in the end after various combinations I reached the current one.

spacer.png

The results were really excellent: in La Liga in April we are competing for the title in Barcelona and Real Madrid in a point-to-point battle, and we are in the Copa del Rey Final. In the Champions League we unfortunately left the group due to two very unlucky matches against Club Brugge. Dropped in the Europa League we overtook Slavia Prague and Lyon and now we have to face Betis Sevilla in the quarter-finals in a spanish derby

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Fox-7-

I'm deliberating between Betis and Celta

Betis have the huge stature the fanbase and the kit, not to mention some top class players, but could be on the easier side

I really like how Celta last summer went on a campaign of buying back all of the former wonderkids who had moved on to bigger clubs, it shows how close knit they must be that once you come through the system you are part of Vigo for life.

Sadly this sentiment has not worked out too well because they are really unbalanced and closer to the bottom than the top

Currently playing as Real Madrid in FM21 into season 2026-27.

Took over after they had drifted for 2 seasons outside of the champions League. Trimmed the squad and got back into the Champions League in my first full season. Challenging Barcelona for the title every season is ridiculous, this save pre-dates their real life financial woes so they are ridiculous. Spending about 350m EUR every window. 

I've decided to match them and spend about 350m on Reece James, Olmo and Camavinga. Still behind them in second. Koeman is now a legend and they have depth across the board. This is probably my final season on FM21 before I upgrade to 2022. 

Will post some screenshots later tonight.

Edited by Swills417

Il 7/2/2022 in 14:56 , Uncle_mo ha scritto:

I'm deliberating between Betis and Celta

Betis have the huge stature the fanbase and the kit, not to mention some top class players, but could be on the easier side

I really like how Celta last summer went on a campaign of buying back all of the former wonderkids who had moved on to bigger clubs, it shows how close knit they must be that once you come through the system you are part of Vigo for life.

Sadly this sentiment has not worked out too well because they are really unbalanced and closer to the bottom than the top

I'd take Betis,near to the top but not so close,it could be challenging trying to enter permanently in the top 4 in La Liga 

Last update.

Season 1 comes to a close and I am very happy with it. The league went well, we got the CL spot we wanted and it was never really in much doubt. Dortmund proved to be a little too strong for us in the last 16 in the Champions League, winning 4-3 on aggregate. I had no expectations towards the European Super Cup and the Spanish Cup exit was not of big concerns to me, Valencia have a good team.

517550034_Screenshot2022-02-09at23_34_57.thumb.png.3902edcefa82d68e25ee22f1a9ff02d0.png

Our underlyings also show that we are one of the best teams in the league, both defensively and attacking-wise.

2028242117_Screenshot2022-02-10at16_12_42.thumb.png.7c76f7ed63a6e0c7adaa8a84c6b248f2.png

We've built a good foundation while keeping the original squad pretty intact, but I suspect there will be some demand for my players this summer, especially Gerard Moreno and Pau Torres. Torres I'd really like to hold on to as he's still only 25, but Gerard is going on 30 and if I receive a ridiculous bid I will sell. Paco Alcácer did really well when he came in for Gerard and I'd have no trouble with him leading our line next season and bringing in a promising backup for him or call Matías Arezo back from his loan. I'm expecting some players to come back from their loan and fight for a squad spot, including winger Javier Ontiveros, central defender Isaac Cuenca (who had a great loan at Getafe and replaces Raúl Albiol who leaves on a free to Real Madrid) and playmaker Manu Morlanes. There is no area of special need in the team so our incomings will likely be dictated by our sales. I might have to let either left back (Pedraza or Estupinan) go as they both want to be first choice and are both in demand. Then I will have to start mocking up plans for how to replace Vicente Iborra and Etienne Capoue who are 34 and 33. Capoue expires after next season but Iborra has a longer contract (until 2024—two more years), and is on a high salary so he might be the only player I actively try to sell. But then again, he's a great mentor and always does a solid job when called upon.

1492287011_Screenshot2022-02-09at23_39_31.thumb.png.38e19fa8ceb5a9b965d911e39abd7de2.png

Il 13/2/2022 in 18:23 , Ewan0404 ha scritto:

Anyone playing on fm22 can you let me know if the salary caps work? 

I've seen a few people say they don't grow as your club does? If so that's putting me off a save in Spain. 

In the second season my Salary Cap with Villarreal has increased from 54M to 63M,so I was able to sign better players and renew some contracts...but I don't know how it's calculated between seasons

Edited by Fox-7-

On 17/02/2022 at 18:03, Fox-7- said:

In the second season my Salary Cap with Villarreal has increased from 54M to 63M,so I was able to sign better players and renew some contracts...but I don't know how it's calculated between seasons

I haven't played as a Spanish side in this fm. Where does it show you the salary cap? 

anyone done a real betis save? bit out of my comfort zone, but i do know the players. i have no idea of their style of play, but obviously the aim is to win la liga, eventually! i do struggle with not having a lot of money though! but i do like raiding south america for talent though.

Edited by oze07

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2022 at 23:14, oze07 said:

anyone done a real betis save? bit out of my comfort zone, but i do know the players. i have no idea of their style of play, but obviously the aim is to win la liga, eventually! i do struggle with not having a lot of money though! but i do like raiding south america for talent though.

Started a save with Betis too. First season i finished 2nd but Borja Iglesias did this 

Screenshot_2.png

4 hours ago, karaouzinho2 said:

Started a save with Betis too. First season i finished 2nd but Borja Iglesias did this 

Screenshot_2.png

wow! what was your tactic if you dont mind me asking?

On 14/02/2022 at 01:23, Ewan0404 said:

Anyone playing on fm22 can you let me know if the salary caps work? 

I've seen a few people say they don't grow as your club does? If so that's putting me off a save in Spain. 

It does grow but relatively slowly. Took me 9 seasons with Espanyol to hit my current salary of 3.6m/week and that is with winning the title 3 times and being runner up 4 times, and 2 Champions League wins. The finances in Spain are heavily tilted to the big 2 of Barcelona and Madrid. The biggest factors in helping to grow the salary cap seem to be success and resulting financial rewards in Europe and growing commercial revenue. 

The interesting thing is that the salary cap can go down as well, Athletico Madrid in my save has gone from a cap of 3m/week to 1.8/week due to not qualifying for Europe but it does take time. The salary cap is also not super realistic as Barcelona still has a 5.2m/week budget even though they still are in debt and by right should have issues registering players based on how LaLiga is quite strict on ensuring balanced books. 

Also nice little achievement - managed to blow Real Madrid's 2011/12 records away. Only 2 losses were to Barcelona, their new manager, Vincent Kompany finally managed to find a way to stop me, their local rival. Also completed the quintuple of Champions League, League, Copa Del Rey, Supercopa and the European Super Cup. 

image.thumb.png.f498e295e8eeb502e03be7782c3b821a.png

Resigned from the Real Madrid role after two full seasons in charge. Finished second both seasons quite a distance behind a ridiculous Barcelona side still managed by Koeman.

After I lost the second Clasico of the season and decided we won't be able to catch Barcelona, I used an instant-result skin to quickly breeze through to the post season. We only went and won the big one! ECL champions in 2027! 

As a parting gift I brought in João Felix from PSG for €126m, on top of the €164m on Camavinga and €112m on Dani Olmo the previous season 🤣

Used the in-game editor to appoint Ronaldo as the new Real Madrid head coach. Good luck to him catching that Barcelona side (who as I left had submitted offers for Kulusevski and Haaland for a combined €300m).

Season 2025/26: 2nd

Season 2026/27: 2nd

Major Honours: ECL winners 2026

• stgahoy changed the title to [FM21/22] La Liga - the home of Spanish football

Last update.

The summer window before the 2nd season has finished, and it did not go directly to plan but we still have a good squad that has gotten younger and more potential in it, but is maybe currently a bit weaker from last season. Beginning with the outgoings, I could not retain Coquelin and Mandi, who were drawn to Tottenham after they showed interest. While both were influential members of the team, bids of around 20m for each of them—and they being on the wrong side of 30— can't be passed up if they want to leave. Etienne Capoue was 34 and declining rapidly so I decided to shave a bit of money off the wage bill and he went to Moscow. Álex Baena returned from loan and did not look as good as his market value said, so I took advantage of that. Aurier threw fit upon fit and I let him go to Moscow as well, and Raúl Albiol was on way too high wages for his age (35/36) so I didn't renew.

323029903_Screenshot2022-03-07at13_40_37.png.cb7bf2748973427212cf700adc5a1969.png

357922423_Screenshot2022-03-07at13_40_48.png.15b8f781c50836d69e013e167d18f563.png

Targets for the window included a young central defender, an attacking midfielder and to stop up the gaps that would open up once players would start to leave. We managed to do most of this, leaving the Coquelin hole unfilled as I missed out on my only target for the position, Cheick Doucouré, who chose Atl. Madrid over us. I decided that it'd be better to do nothing than to add a player I didn't want. Cáseres and Danilo, with occasional cameos out of position from Foyth, will suffice for the season.

435697226_Screenshot2022-03-07at13_40_19.png.f022cfb129c6ed03b616d78d42445ee1.png

1064797922_Screenshot2022-03-07at13_40_27.png.7f098a473522be0158c366eda546c97c.png

Ginter had been arranged since January. I felt we needed his leadership presence after losing Albiol, so he slots right in next to Pau Torres.

755092132_Screenshot2022-02-11at15_04_20.thumb.png.25791627d3a067c3f8caed9332107a33.png

A young backup DC target, preferrably left footed, ended up being Anselmo García McNulty, who returns to Spain from Germany. He has plenty of room to improve and will end up being cheap if he doesn't fulfil his potential. He goes out on loan for the season.

590803904_Screenshot2022-02-11at15_03_26.thumb.png.413b1d316d45570ffaf768a94016ec52.png

We needed a versatile attacking midfielder who could play some games up front as well and brought in real-life-City-bound Julián Álvarez. He's a known FM quantity but I've never bought him in before so I wanted to try him before the only way to buy him is through his eventual Man City transfer listing after having been underdeveloped.

1526335091_Screenshot2022-02-11at15_03_39.thumb.png.23f082190adfc4d706c1267234179e84.png

My last buy came in because Mandi left for Tottenham late in the window. I couldn't find a DC that I thought was worth bringing in, so I brought in a DR and will use Foyth as backup DC and a rotational DR with Salaemakers. I currently live in Milan and have seen Saelemakers live on a couple of occasions and watch every game of the Rossoneri and absolutely love him. Looking forward to using him. Great attributes and a good personality.

1894450596_Screenshot2022-03-07at13_29_48.thumb.png.c82c00e858c14691e1193f1a0cb63e4e.png

im torn between betis,villarreal and sevilla. of course the end goal is to win the league first, then hopefully europe. just wondered which team would be the best to choose? mainly for financial reasons, as i hate having no money.

On 04/03/2022 at 17:55, oze07 said:

wow! what was your tactic if you dont mind me asking?

This is my tactic. Although we score a lot (2,09 xG per game) we also concede at least 1.00+ x.G per game which has me changing instructions and roles during the game .Screenshot_6.png.0c833f4d3c74f0f3be5fc64988740322.png

Also this is my second season so far: 

Screenshot_5.png

Update: Made it to the first final since 2006 in style !!

Screenshot_7.png

Edited by karaouzinho2
Update

6 hours ago, karaouzinho2 said:

This is my tactic. Although we score a lot (2,09 xG per game) we also concede at least 1.00+ x.G per game which has me changing instructions and roles during the game .Screenshot_6.png.0c833f4d3c74f0f3be5fc64988740322.png

Also this is my second season so far: 

Screenshot_5.png

Update: Made it to the first final since 2006 in style !!

Screenshot_7.png

wow. not bad for a derby result!  what have your financials been like? i was tempted to start a save with betis right from the start, but i do like sevilla aswell. hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about abandoning my Villarreal game, it's not giving me much joy and I've been playing it extremely slowly despite the team doing well in game (1.5 season in over 1.5 months). Not sure what my next game is—I wanted to give the Spanish leagues a shot this game as it's quite long since I did so, but my saves there never seem to click.

2 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

I'm thinking about abandoning my Villarreal game, it's not giving me much joy and I've been playing it extremely slowly despite the team doing well in game (1.5 season in over 1.5 months). Not sure what my next game is—I wanted to give the Spanish leagues a shot this game as it's quite long since I did so, but my saves there never seem to click.

i was just about to start a villarreal save. whys it not fun for you? what are the financials like?

17 minutes ago, oze07 said:

i was just about to start a villarreal save. whys it not fun for you? what are the financials like?

Financials are good and you have plenty of players to sell for high price.

I don't know but it just never clicked for me. I think the talent floor of the squad was higher than I anticipated and wanted—there's not really much to do in the first three seasons squad wise unless you do a major overhaul. On top of that I didn't like how the wage cap has been programmed into the game and generally I'm not that fond of capping the foreign players to 3 in the squad. So overall there were just many small things that bothered me a bit on top of the squad being a little too good for my liking.

1 hour ago, Sysiphus said:

Financials are good and you have plenty of players to sell for high price.

I don't know but it just never clicked for me. I think the talent floor of the squad was higher than I anticipated and wanted—there's not really much to do in the first three seasons squad wise unless you do a major overhaul. On top of that I didn't like how the wage cap has been programmed into the game and generally I'm not that fond of capping the foreign players to 3 in the squad. So overall there were just many small things that bothered me a bit on top of the squad being a little too good for my liking.

well i like the sound of all that! i know quite a lot about most european teams, so i know they have a good squad. and they have pino! def got to keep hold of him.

1 hour ago, oze07 said:

well i like the sound of all that! i know quite a lot about most european teams, so i know they have a good squad. and they have pino! def got to keep hold of him.

Pino is really good—just be careful to renew his contract and raise the release clause, I didn't do it early enough and he wouldn't sign a new contract as Man Utd showed interest in him, and left for 25.5m (way too low) in January, second season. Torres, Chukwueke and Foyth are all 22-24 so you have a strong core of players with good upside to build around. Don't need to worry about the striker and goalkeeper positions for about 2-3 seasons as well. Recommend strengthening the midfield.

4 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Pino is really good—just be careful to renew his contract and raise the release clause, I didn't do it early enough and he wouldn't sign a new contract as Man Utd showed interest in him, and left for 25.5m (way too low) in January, second season. Torres, Chukwueke and Foyth are all 22-24 so you have a strong core of players with good upside to build around. Don't need to worry about the striker and goalkeeper positions for about 2-3 seasons as well. Recommend strengthening the midfield.

they seem like a good club to do a save with. il go with 442 aswell, so that makes it more interesting for me aswell. but i keep getting my head turned by sevilla or betis?

1 hour ago, oze07 said:

they seem like a good club to do a save with. il go with 442 aswell, so that makes it more interesting for me aswell. but i keep getting my head turned by sevilla or betis?

I think Betis would be a fun save as well. Sevilla are a stronger team so that may be appealing as well, but Betis is more of a challenge. I'd go Villarreal or Betis.

11 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

I think Betis would be a fun save as well. Sevilla are a stronger team so that may be appealing as well, but Betis is more of a challenge. I'd go Villarreal or Betis.

ive always had a soft spot for sevilla. they def are the best team after the big 3. but they start off in the champs league, as with betis( who i had chosen before the game was out for a save) they start in the europa league and getting into the champs leagure is the aim. though i think sevilla have the better team for aquad building etc?

On 19/03/2022 at 11:28, oze07 said:

ive always had a soft spot for sevilla. they def are the best team after the big 3. but they start off in the champs league, as with betis( who i had chosen before the game was out for a save) they start in the europa league and getting into the champs leagure is the aim. though i think sevilla have the better team for aquad building etc?

Betis have quite a good squad but Sevilla's is definitely better. Think you can squeeze a lot of money out of Newcastle for Diego Carlos as well.