[FM21/22] La Liga - the home of Spanish football

stgahoy

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm now 3 games into the season of my Villarreal save. My usual saves are taking small or sleeping giants type foreign teams and having a longish term save with them, my current save is Vitoria Setubal in Portugal. Decided I wanted a bigger club that's in the top 5 league with European football and a little cash, so I opted for Villarreal

Club Vision - Looks to be a challenging first season

image.thumb.png.7e592ef005f844c6e94c8a438928efa1.png

My 1st Window transfers - I take control of scouting but will only sign players recommended by my scouts

Outs - Had too many left backs, Bacca was on the decline and Rabba would never be good enough, Mori left as I wanted to bring in a young talent.

Bacca £1M to Al-Duhali, Rabba £1M to Alaves, Jaume Costa £2.2M Real Betis, Fuenes Mori £4M (£5M) Dynamo Moscow, Alberto Moreno - Loan with a future fee £8M 

Ins - Anel Ahmedhodzic - £4.8M

image.thumb.png.569a9b583eb6971045a23203401aaacc.png

Kaio Jorge - An exciting talent from South America - £8.5M up front a further £2.5M on installments

image.thumb.png.13a7869a198274e03d372466744775ca.png

Tactic - I tend to use the default tactics as a base and tweak from there...I steer clear of plug and play tactics

image.thumb.png.03607f0cb824f3f451a23239a2e6e971.png

Schedule - Lost Gaspar to a long term injury in pre-season, started off the Laliga campaign OK but a bad defeat at home to Granada where we dominated and missed a penalty but just couldn't put the ball in the net. We also went 2-0 down to Elche in 10 minutes before settling in to the game....Alcacer is having a great start to the season

image.thumb.png.13e5fb54790b485d1d19905b43a6b833.png

Coming to the end of November, League form going really well, managed to get a last minute winner against Barca at home, Alcacer 1 goal behind Suarez and playing well. A lot of the team are starting to become wanted by the bigger teams, I'm tempted to cash in on a couple

image.thumb.png.2ca9dcdddb4e5d83d6a4112b6fd49a8e.png

Europa League going well, although can't seem to keep the ball out of the net. Just need to beat AZ in our next game to qualify

image.thumb.png.bf05d0a5418acc39341d3985a818057d.png

Made two signings of promising youngsters before the summer window shut, mainly to appease the must sign players under 21 for the future. Both had £1.4M release clauses, loaned them straight back out. Note to self, must get a face pack installed :o)

image.thumb.png.2aa0d1329d8d0730d2f1142d37784866.png

image.thumb.png.5836d48a72ffcb91d160828b4134afe8.png

@ModerIstaI'm now in January 1st season and Valencia are 3rd, Sociedad are 5th....

Valencia will provide more of a test as they are recovering from major financial issues. Sociedad have a nice team to work with.

Edited by AddicksFan

On 01/02/2021 at 18:33, goonergez said:

I actually ended up getting even more confused although maybe COVID related. We went into a six team mini league promotion group. It looks like the winner of that group gains promotion and you take all of your existing league points from the first stage with you. The confusing bit seems to be that you don’t play all of the other sides in that group. Of the six we are only playing another three of the teams both home and away. What a confusing setup!

Hi just starting out with Depor myself - were you able to find any kits anywhere for them?

22 minutes ago, Gooner88 said:

Hi just starting out with Depor myself - were you able to find any kits anywhere for them?

I don’t tend to worry about the kits if I’m honest. Maybe visit the features threads and see if anyone has any?

About to start a save with Sporting Gijon.... 

Should be quite exciting! They have one of the best academies in the second tier, a great stadium and a large fanbase. They also have some excellent players for the second tier, such as former Man City castoff Manu Garcia, academy product Pedro Diaz and Serbian striker Uroš Đurđević.

I'll keep you updated on my progress very soon....

2 minutes ago, mm91 said:

About to start a save with Sporting Gijon.... 

Should be quite exciting! They have one of the best academies in the second tier, a great stadium and a large fanbase. They also have some excellent players for the second tier, such as former Man City castoff Manu Garcia, academy product Pedro Diaz and Serbian striker Uroš Đurđević.

I'll keep you updated on my progress very soon....

I think I done a save with them a few months ago and managed to get them promoted through the play offs in the first season. Their facilities are good from what I remember. I can't remember any of their players other then Garcia who you mentioned. 

I look forward to seeing how you do.

17 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I think I done a save with them a few months ago and managed to get them promoted through the play offs in the first season. Their facilities are good from what I remember. I can't remember any of their players other then Garcia who you mentioned. 

I look forward to seeing how you do.

These are the stats of Garcia, Diaz and Đurđević at the beginning of the game.  Looks like a solid core to build around for a promotion push to LaLiga.

Still unsure about Đurđević's best role- currently playing him as a DLF(s) in a 4123 but he doesn't seem to impact the game as much as I would like him to. Any advice on how to use him best would be gladly welcomed!

Uros Djurdevic.png

Pedro Diaz.png

Manu Garcia.png

I am going to start a Real Valladolid save tonight with the aim of always having a Brazilian striker in my first team due to Ronaldo being the owner or part owner of the club.

Valladolid already have a Brazilian striker with Maranhao but I will be looking at bringing in someone like Kaio Jorge, Brenner etc.

57 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am going to start a Real Valladolid save tonight with the aim of always having a Brazilian striker in my first team due to Ronaldo being the owner or part owner of the club.

Valladolid already have a Brazilian striker with Maranhao but I will be looking at bringing in someone like Kaio Jorge, Brenner etc.

Best of luck! Keep us posted...

5 hours ago, mm91 said:

These are the stats of Garcia, Diaz and Đurđević at the beginning of the game.  Looks like a solid core to build around for a promotion push to LaLiga.

Still unsure about Đurđević's best role- currently playing him as a DLF(s) in a 4123 but he doesn't seem to impact the game as much as I would like him to. Any advice on how to use him best would be gladly welcomed!

Uros Djurdevic.png

Pedro Diaz.png

Manu Garcia.png

Nice choice, I'll do a Gijon or Santander save at some point....Durdevic is a pressing forward, his work rate, stamina and natural fitness lend him to that role....

Real Valladolid Squad Analysis

Here is my best starting eleven. 

77dc1c41864c2c175ea9d09d7f2b4e5a.png

Here is how my team lines up with my tactic I will be using.

c5ae572f8c636ef24e206275d0ddac92.png

As I said I want to always have a Brazilian up front as a tribute to the owner Ronaldo. 

0a8169386790c81381b6ae55d55cec9e.png

I already have a Brazilian striker at the club and his name is Marcos Andre who has decent attributes and is best suited as an Advanced Forward. He managed to get 12 goals 38 games on loan at Real Mirandes last season and in real life he has got 3 goals in 13 games for Real Valladolid so far this season. I am hoping to get him scoring more then that.

Marcos Andre

7596dacf24f1aec4fb8f30bc60951616.jpg

Other stand out players are Toni Villa, Roque Mesa, Ruben Alcaraz, Nacho and Sergi Guardiola.

I have literally 0 transfer budget so buying Brazilians will be limited to free transfers for the time being.

I am hoping to sign former Chelsea midfielder Ramires on a free transfer. He is 33 years old but still has the quality to become a first team regular.

93841256c7e4ccc3ab818676e3e1800f.png

I am also going to try get as many Brazilian staff in as possible. 

Real Valladolid Season 1 Transfers So Far

Transfers In

c40b99e8b12f58b8b15ee22a08201cf5.png

Major transfer in so far was free transfer signing of Brazilian international Ramires. I also signed Brazilan winger Vitinho for £110k from Palmeiras.

Vitinho

53cba60bf07ef7f77064d1ba35699828.png

I have a few million left and have made offers for Ganso and Lucas Lima. I didn't realize you could only have 3 slots for Non Europeons in the Spanish league as I just assumed I could sign as many South American's as I wanted lol.

Transfers Out

bb77e9f3fbc5c81bcc842e107ae56ec8.png

This is how my team lines up for the first league game against Huesca

5865e85e78ab60b2bc3a92494d2154d9.png

8 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Real Valladolid Season 1 Transfers So Far

Transfers In

c40b99e8b12f58b8b15ee22a08201cf5.png

Major transfer in so far was free transfer signing of Brazilian international Ramires. I also signed Brazilan winger Vitinho for £110k from Palmeiras.

Vitinho

53cba60bf07ef7f77064d1ba35699828.png

I have a few million left and have made offers for Ganso and Lucas Lima. I didn't realize you could only have 3 slots for Non Europeons in the Spanish league as I just assumed I could sign as many South American's as I wanted lol.

Transfers Out

bb77e9f3fbc5c81bcc842e107ae56ec8.png

This is how my team lines up for the first league game against Huesca

5865e85e78ab60b2bc3a92494d2154d9.png

To solve the 3 non EU players look for Brazillians with an EU based 2nd nationality...

The beginning of pre-season has flown by! Only had four matches to prepare for the new season, which was significantly less than what I used to have when managing in Italy.

Got rid of some deadwood pretty quickly, such as winger Aitor Garcia (550k to Frosinone) and defensive midfielder Cris Salvador (300k to Oostendede) They were all squad players who would have rarely seen the pitch, so more than happy to get rid of them and fetch a decent fee for their services. Most of the transfers seen here were already arranged when I took over, so my two major signings of the transfer window were Matheus Fernandes on loan from Barcelona, who provides a decent rotation option in the heart of midfield to keep legs fresh.Transfers.thumb.png.29a669299f0bfaf773103088244cd251.png My second major signing was Moroccan winger Moha, who arrives from Slovenian champions Slovan Bratislava for a cut-price 160k fee. Has great passing and technique, and should help provide us with some added incision and guile down our left hand side. Finally, I signed young centerback Tachi from Alaves as an emergency loan on deadline day, after senior players started complaining about lacking depth at CB. 

So far I have lined up in a fairly standard 4231, aiming to use our technical superiority compared to dominate possession. Results so far have been good, though we still lack a cutting edge against teams that defend deep and narrow against us. 

. Tactic.png.7200ffbc64778ceede3ddc45d874bef5.png1229330808_FixturesII.png.6c2bdca39f1acde0e03ba535edb3b3be.pngMoha.thumb.png.95037c71947a7c6d61298344f5cf76be.png

1 hour ago, stppnmd said:

Is anyone playing as Almeria?

They spent over £15,000,000 in my summer transfer window, 3x more than any other team!

Should be a fun save to start...

11 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Are Almeria loaded then ?

For the second division, I would say so! Just look at their transfer history and you'll see why...230861886_AlmeriaFinances.thumb.png.4acc6f1faaae99cb436a2641a33df09e.png

image.png.6117f9b7274c74a501341d97f5499e58.png

2020/21 Season Preview

Club Deportivo Tenerife, S.A.D. are a club who currently play in the Segunda División or Spanish second division. 

Tenerife has a history playing in the top flight of La Liga. They have been promoted to the top tier on four occasions, including a 10-year stint from 1989 to 1999. The club managed to finish as high as fifth in the league table on two occasions during that period, which qualified them for the first round of the UEFA Cup. They most recently played in La Liga in 2010.

Being based on the offshore Canary archipelago, while playing its away games on the Spanish mainland, it and rivals Las Palmas from Gran Canaria are two of the most geographically isolated European professional clubs. Tenerife and Las Palmas contest the Canary Islands derby.

Home matched are currently played at the Estadio Heliodoro Rodriguez Lopez with a capacity of 22,824 seats.

The club boast Jupp Heynckes and Rafa Benitez as former managers. Now it's my turn to try and steer this island club into not just a top flight side but a side competing in Europe.

I am taking over the club for three reasons, Tenerife is one of my favourite holiday destinations, I think it would be cool to have  team from the Canary Islands competing for trophies and lastly as a Scotsman I love the club colours and logo with the saltire.

We were very busy in the pre season assessing our squad to see if there were any major flaws in the squad which needed to be improved upon right away, and so after carefully evaluating the squad the following transfers were made:

Incomings

Adrián Marín - Loan: We only had one recognised left back in the squad and so we have brought in Adrián to provide cover on the left side of defence. He has arrived on loan from Granada CF with an option to buy of £3,7500,000.

image.png.c12eab47dc208aefdaaa072d01fb0a4b.png

José Manuel Jurado - Free: We feel that we need a bit more experience in the midfield and José fits the bill as he can cover a variety of positions in the midfield areas. A free transfer well worth making.

image.png.52b6cbdb17fa50d483a3c6e757b1c88b.png

Daniel Sturridge - Free: Our final piece of transfer business was bringing the Englishman in on a free to provide some experience to the front line and to push our starting strikers for a starting role.

image.png.6ae1577c720035e697dce56289accd90.png

Outgoings:

Álex Bermejo - £2,200,000 (Release Clause): Losing Bermejo was a big blow to my plans as I was hoping to build my side around the young Spaniard, we tried offering him a new contract to bump up his release clause and deter other clubs from making an offer but sadly his mind was made up.

image.png.747e84e3b87637078bc40371b9615169.png

Javi Alonso - Loan: Javi was not going to receive any first team football this season so we thought it was best to loan him out to receive some minutes elsewhere. So for the season ahead he will be playing for Gimnàstic de Tarragona.

image.png.d956aef19737892ae7eb405cefa80f62.png

Media Predictions

The media predict we will finish outside of the play offs down in 10th place which I would say is a little harsh for our squad. I think we can get into the play offs this season but with the board only wanting a top half finish failing to reach the top 6 wouldn't be a disaster. 

On 22/03/2021 at 22:04, Ewan0404 said:

2020/21 Season Preview

Club Deportivo Tenerife, S.A.D. are a club who currently play in the Segunda División or Spanish second division. 

Tenerife has a history playing in the top flight of La Liga. They have been promoted to the top tier on four occasions, including a 10-year stint from 1989 to 1999. The club managed to finish as high as fifth in the league table on two occasions during that period, which qualified them for the first round of the UEFA Cup. They most recently played in La Liga in 2010.

Being based on the offshore Canary archipelago, while playing its away games on the Spanish mainland, it and rivals Las Palmas from Gran Canaria are two of the most geographically isolated European professional clubs. Tenerife and Las Palmas contest the Canary Islands derby.

Home matched are currently played at the Estadio Heliodoro Rodriguez Lopez with a capacity of 22,824 seats.

The club boast Jupp Heynckes and Rafa Benitez as former managers. Now it's my turn to try and steer this island club into not just a top flight side but a side competing in Europe.

I am taking over the club for three reasons, Tenerife is one of my favourite holiday destinations, I think it would be cool to have  team from the Canary Islands competing for trophies and lastly as a Scotsman I love the club colours and logo with the saltire.

We were very busy in the pre season assessing our squad to see if there were any major flaws in the squad which needed to be improved upon right away, and so after carefully evaluating the squad the following transfers were made:

Incomings

Adrián Marín - Loan: We only had one recognised left back in the squad and so we have brought in Adrián to provide cover on the left side of defence. He has arrived on loan from Granada CF with an option to buy of £3,7500,000.

image.png.c12eab47dc208aefdaaa072d01fb0a4b.png

José Manuel Jurado - Free: We feel that we need a bit more experience in the midfield and José fits the bill as he can cover a variety of positions in the midfield areas. A free transfer well worth making.

image.png.52b6cbdb17fa50d483a3c6e757b1c88b.png

Daniel Sturridge - Free: Our final piece of transfer business was bringing the Englishman in on a free to provide some experience to the front line and to push our starting strikers for a starting role.

image.png.6ae1577c720035e697dce56289accd90.png

Outgoings:

Álex Bermejo - £2,200,000 (Release Clause): Losing Bermejo was a big blow to my plans as I was hoping to build my side around the young Spaniard, we tried offering him a new contract to bump up his release clause and deter other clubs from making an offer but sadly his mind was made up.

image.png.747e84e3b87637078bc40371b9615169.png

Javi Alonso - Loan: Javi was not going to receive any first team football this season so we thought it was best to loan him out to receive some minutes elsewhere. So for the season ahead he will be playing for Gimnàstic de Tarragona.

image.png.d956aef19737892ae7eb405cefa80f62.png

Media Predictions

The media predict we will finish outside of the play offs down in 10th place which I would say is a little harsh for our squad. I think we can get into the play offs this season but with the board only wanting a top half finish failing to reach the top 6 wouldn't be a disaster. 

Best of luck! Tenerife got relegated to the third tier in my save, which was quite surprising! Solid signings though, Sturridge should score plenty at this level too, so you look well set for a play-off push!

22 hours ago, benhoward12 said:

I would like to start a save in Spain. However I’m concerned by the ‘B’ team format and not being able to develop my youngsters as successfully as an u23s setup. Any advice and experience with this? 

My Sporting Gijon B team currently plays in the third tier of Spanish football, and in my opinion it's a great way to give talented youth prospects valuable game time. However, you need to check if the B Team for the team which you want to play your save with is in a playable league, otherwise it becomes useless.

Hope this helped!

Season One

League

After an up and down start to the season where we drew 11 of our opening 15 games, however the other 4 games were wins so we remained undefeated throughout this time and up until the 13th December where we lost 2-0 to Malaga. The new year saw us switch from a 433 to a flat 442 and this is where it really allowed us to kick on, moving into the playoffs by the end of January where we would then stay for the remainder of the season.

image.png.0c84d81b52845875376de84e176bcc68.png

Going into the end of season playoffs I was quietly confident we would get the job done. The 2 legged final was tough and in the second leg we faced a barrage of shots in the second half but we managed to hold on and get promoted on away goals.

image.png.834353b4586b58453b66af87b42cb654.png

Copa del Rey

There isn't much to say about out cup run this season other than it was disappointing to lose out in the 2nd round.

image.png.9749e20a7087d4f188f06bb39069e556.png

Squad Statistics

image.png.787e8ab802deebec7c966e9eaafc76b6.png

image.png.ae742ec4f84dfc68d1f3c9a9d5e9bb1e.png

As you can see from our stats there were 2 outfield players that stood out, these being the loan signings of Vada and Sol. The hope is dependent on the budget we get for next season we are looking to sign both to permanent contracts. Our goalkeeper Serantes was another stand out performer as in 47 games he conceded 37 goals and kept 21 clean sheets. 

Special mentions also go to Sanz and Suso, the old guard of the club who between them had racked up over 450 appearances for the club. Both of their contracts were expiring at the end of the season but with promotion I decided to offer them both a 1 year deal to give them 1 last season in the top flight, its the least they deserve.

End of Season Award etc

This last section I will add a lot of miscellaneous things together. Below is out best 11 from the season according to the season review:

image.png.9f96bc089587560a9769f3fca5225f86.png

Fran Sol managed to pick up the Spanish Second Division Top Scorer Award aswell:

image.png.ddcd943f4f5e501c4cc9d6768d7a9dc5.png

Final Thoughts

We had a phenomenal season and we went up a season or 2 before I thought we would. So realistically I think we are going to struggle massively in the season ahead. We shall see though.

On 25/03/2021 at 14:49, mm91 said:

My Sporting Gijon B team currently plays in the third tier of Spanish football, and in my opinion it's a great way to give talented youth prospects valuable game time. However, you need to check if the B Team for the team which you want to play your save with is in a playable league, otherwise it becomes useless.

Hope this helped!

Thank you! - I would like to do a save with possibly Tenerife! 

Anyone know the best lower league spanish league database? -

@Ewan0404 how many leagues have you loaded for your save 

10 hours ago, benhoward12 said:

I can’t see any attachment. 

is Tenerife B in a playable league? 

My apologies I forgot to even attach it.

Here you go :image.png.3bfebe390b9ebdbb6d5445bdd6ac0fa1.png

The B team isn't in a league in the game but I didn't plan on using it anyway. I don't tend to use B teams at all, I either promote players into my first team or send them out on loan to 2nd division sides anyway.

6 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

My apologies I forgot to even attach it.

Here you go :image.png.3bfebe390b9ebdbb6d5445bdd6ac0fa1.png

The B team isn't in a league in the game but I didn't plan on using it anyway. I don't tend to use B teams at all, I either promote players into my first team or send them out on loan to 2nd division sides anyway.

I guess if you loan players out it’s not an issue!

Season Two Preview

Transfers in

image.png.3452ad2b877300142debc6b965a43ab7.png

image.png.4ed549ce4a265a6d26e0f0169d3e057f.png

For some reason Fran Sol is not on the list above but we managed to secure him on loan for another season. Securing Vada was one of my main aims for this window as along with Sol he was vital to our promotion last season. Suarez scored 39 goals in 34 games in the youth leagues so I have taken a punt on him. Pacheco has been signed to add some top flight experience to the side along with Camarasa and Bentaleb. Fernandes (goalkeeper) and Pierie have both been brought in as cover and nothing else.

Now on to our record transfer Pellegri, I will admit that the fee is massive for us this season and could ruin our finances if we get relegated this season but I am hoping he will be a top player with us for many years to come.

Transfers out

image.png.924d5c652a1a95908f8630cc7b6a70c9.png

image.png.bdad00b848e46ce11cab7a8acabec128.png

None of these players will get a game and so they were either sold or loaned out to reduce the wages quickly.

Media Prediction

image.png.ce53e744820708d42c6ceb522d9a94a6.png

It looks like we have a tough season ahead of us.

Edited by Ewan0404

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2021 at 20:21, UnkownManager said:

Has anyone played with Almeria? Don't they have a sugar daddy?

Yeah, the owner pumped roughly 40 mil into the finances in season 1 and then season 2, he secured 2 sponsors worth roughly 30 mil.  The club has poor infrastructure, so the money goes quite fast lol but with about 40 mil a season from playing in la liga, you don’t have to worry about the finances, although the club have very little in sellable assets but I would highly recommend going them.

57 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

How much money do you get to spend with Almeria then ?

I can’t remember the amount at the start (don’t think it’s too much) but season 2 and 3, I got roughly 25 mil - 30 mil.  The boards club culture is to spend the original transfer budget lol, which I’ve never seen before! I asked for extra wage budget, after being denied a new transfer budget and they upped the wage budget to about 700k excess lol, which gave me about 50 mil midway through season 2.

21 hours ago, skybluedave said:

Do English players count as Non-EU in Spain. Same as Brazilians etc? All the rules say 3 non EU players in swuad. But when I search players and filter for EU only it's bringing up English players

At the start yeah but when they leave the eu, they become foreign.  The rules in Spain are ok as most of Africa and Serbia (amazing country for regens) aren’t classed as foreign but yeah, all South American ones are, unless the player has dual nationality.  Tbf, it only takes a player just over 2 years to get Spanish citizenship, so all isn’t bad.

Edited by Michael Hughes

4 minutes ago, Michael Hughes said:

I can’t remember the amount at the start (don’t think it’s too much) but season 2 and 3, I got roughly 25 mil - 30 mil.  The boards club culture is to spend the original transfer budget lol, which I’ve never seen before! I asked for extra wage budget, after being denied a new transfer budget and they upped the wage budget to about 700k excess lol, which gave me about 50 mil midway through season 2.

Ok cool cheers buddy.

I might do a save with Almeria after I get bored of my Lorient save.