Dean Delany's story: from Dublin to Glasgow for European glory (Shelbourne → Celtic)

Vladis

23 hours ago, jasonc2397 said:

Nice work with Celtic @Vladis, I’d be interested to see how Shelbourne and the League of Ireland more widely have fared in your absence. Spotted that they’d dropped down the coefficients a bit…

Hi @jasonc2397

Shelbourne is doing well. Their manager now  is Jim Goodwin who started his professional career in Celtic. Funny enough). Second season in a row after my resign they continue winning traditions with another two league titles. Unfortunately they didn`t jump into UCL groups stages neither last year nor this season. I don`t remember exactly where Ireland was in coefficients rank at the moment of my move to Glasgow  but for now they are at 16th place near to Greece,  Austria and Czech Republic.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

December 2028

Scottish Premiership

s2TxiKp.png

g8zcRj5.png

Another two crashing victories and first loose of points this season in Old Firm Derby

UEFA Champions League

MNhTXsC.png

hCe7L9L.png

Perfect football, great result and knockout rounds again! The opponent in the first round is very tough.

Next opponent - Barcelona (First Knockout Round)

Scottish League Cup Final

sc4fZxX.png

Another trophy in our collection, not so significant in comparison with another ones we have but still.

Club News

OAdC3rp.png

Kopa Trophy is massive achievement for the club and our home-grown Russell personally.

9U1a0D8.png

Another famous award. Bazunu left behind such giants like Meslier (currently in Juve) and ter Stegen (still in Barcelona).

GV0CdVy.png

And a deserved inclusion in World XI of the Year, even as a substitute.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

January 2029

Scottish Premiership

TQpEidz.png

2hfu0QQ.png

Good start of the new year with 5 wins in a row

Scottish Cup

cRur7Nx.png

After beating Ross County in League Cup Final, we defeated them in another cup. 

P8Jvuc6.png

As you can see Scottish Cup is very prestigious so we pay serious attention to this tournament.

Club News

7kJwYLf.png

23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Michał Piątek

The only signing in winter transfer window is this young Polish midfielder. He should replace in near future aging Under or Pedrinho on the right flank in attack.

Also we sent on loan to Hibernian our young talent Conor McLeish who recently turned 18.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

February 2029

Scottish Premiership

ZXtyU6W.png

l6WVK1h.png

Only one win separates us from the title. Would be great to do it in Derby,

UEFA Champions League

2GJmtxd.png

Good result against enormously strong attack of Barcelona. It would be very hard at Camp Nou but we know that we are capable to make surprises.

Scottish Cup

wuJGH4f.png

Next opponent - Rangers/St.Mirren (Semi Final)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

March 2029

Scottish Premiership

BJC6rVk.png

Gch8ipv.png

It`s a special way to secure the title - to win the Old Firm Derby! Incredible season so far.

UEFA Champions League

A6wBuIL.png

Absolutely deserved defeat. We were even lucky to concede only two goals. But I`m mot too concerned - their squad is fantastic.

Youth Intake 2029

3OfxDA6.png

Not as good intake as last year but some good youngsters came to the club,

Connor Bradley - looks like perfect Target Man in the future

Billy McDowall

Kyle Macdonald

Shaun MacFarlane

Murray Beattie

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

April 2029

Scottish Premiership

divn4ZX.png

itq5eu3.png

Unfortunately, it will not be undefeated season but we are in 3 points of club record for number of points in the season.

Scottish Cup

VFG4SWT.png

St. Mirren sensationally beat Rangers at the previous stage so we prepared for tough game and as predicted It was not so easy win,

Next opponent - Dundee Utd (Final)

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

May 2029

Scottish Premiership

2dUTQo5.png

Final Table

U0lxNJd.png

109 Points! Club record is broken. And amazing stats for both scored and conceded goals. 

Scottish Cup Final

FpgeiRb.png

Tough final - respect for Dundee Utd. Treble for the second season in a row!

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

2028 - 2029

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Scottish Premiership - Winners

F1Z0Zop.png

UEFA Champions League - First Knockout Round

7cPaFBZ.png

J2W2XGP.png

Scottish Cup - Winners

PzrBb5K.png

Scottish League Cup - Winners

YBVG2lI.png

---

Player Stats (Overall)

QQTT24f.png

Team of the Season (Delany`s version)

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Will Russell

Англия Paul Rawson --- 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Lucas Lourenco --- Турция Cengiz Under

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Morten Thorsby --- 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Lewis Ferguson

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Ronaldo --- 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Strahinja Pavlovic --- 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Callum Show --- Флаг Северной Македонии Bobi Terziev

Ирландия Gavin Bazunu

---

Awards

1TqqClu.png

OAwvuVs.png

1ULBv0h.png

ltAmcfH.png

WZwelCF.png

1ZYkleo.png

Club Finances

iaClIIg.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

European Rankings Update

Nation Club Coefficients

73T2WKF.png

Another good UCL campaign and Motherwell in the final of ECL helped Scotland to secure 8th place in the ranks. That slightly increases chances to get two Scottish team in UCL group stages.

Club Coefficients

rTVVIg7.png

We`ve moved up two places and reached top-20.

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

2029 -2030

Pre-Season Review

Recruitment

Players Out

IUff4rt.png

Everyone has its price. I had no plans to sell team leaders Lourenco and Pavlovic but the offers were good and due to respect to these players I let them go to the top clubs from top leagues.

Pedrinho was a great servant for the club for seven seasons but he seriously declined physically and with so high competition for a place in the team I think it was the right moment to sell him.

I had a big dilemma before the start of pre-season as we have three wonderkids at one position of advanced forward: Russell, McMillan and Grady. At the end of last season I was experimenting a lot with having them all on the pitch at the same time but couldn`t say that I was happy with what I saw. So I decided that I need another year of thinking and experimenting and for that time we loan Grady out to Arsenal where he is considered as regular starter.

And may be even more notable departure: Callum McGregor retired from football after twenty (!) years at the club. And though last years he was mostly out from the regular squad his loyalty means a lot for the club and for the fans.

Also after two years of successful loan Bradbury returned to Arsenal as he expected to get chance for the first team. 

Players In

ovizjOR.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Kieran Tierney

Great news for all Celtic supporters. One of the best club products returns home. Though on loan but his contract is expiring in one year so we have chance to sign him for free.

N3mV155.png

23px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Chris Mepham

Solid replacement for Pavlovic. May be fee is too high for 31 y.o. but he agreed to play for a very modest wage and his experience should help us in UCL.

Also we`ve moved from U18 team David Stephen who is ready for the first team and could be even better than Lourenco in the future though my assistant is very cautious about his potential abilities. 

Expected Starting XI & Second XI

1As9Iuq.png wdlFwtG.png

+ Andrew Robertson is still here but more like mentor for younger players. And also another young academy product McLeish will train with senior team and have some playing time for quicker development.

Friendly matches

cF5rOiG.png

This summer we went to UAE where won all three matches against best local clubs.

Board expectations and title odds

ZMpCWqU.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

August 2029

Scottish Premiership

aTPHvyy.png

Suddenly at the first three games of the season we lost same number of points as in the whole last season. 

Scottish League Cup

geGnasy.png

Next opponent - Dundee Utd (Quarter Final)

UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw

FZiaf8p.png

Good draw. We have all chances for the 2nd place.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

September 2029

Scottish Premiership

J3owqeh.png

LKx9ssE.png

Draw against recently promoted Hamilton was a worrying sign but with few tactical tweaks here and there seems like we on the way to last season form.

UEFA Champions League

gYLgqQG.png

Dtmw8Yk.png

Great start with smashing win against best Danish team,

Scottish League Cup

YG8jX9b.png

Next opponent - Patrick Thistle (Semi Final)

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

October 2029

Scottish Premiership

Q0NcZ9l.png

4KruyJg.png

After we reoriented our tactical style on more  quicker attacks from the flanks our game really improved and I like what I see on the pitch. And we still break any records with number of penalties we kick.

UEFA Champions League

8AEtTNe.png

vtmpEr4.png

Aguilar plus some luck were key factors with the win over Man Utd. We need just one point to secure 2nd spot.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

November 2029

Scottish Premiership

tiU1GW8.png

QEvTrLC.png

Only two league games in November and another 6 points.

UEFA Champions League

KfX8HZa.png

k5OfUoE.png

Total destroy of Gent at home with hat-tricks from our young stars McMillan and Russell. Next match at Old Trafford will be the fight for the 1st place and we are not favorites at all.

Scottish League Cup

4kkTsBz.png

Next opponent - Hearts (Final)

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

December 2029

Scottish Premiership

AjuahiS.png

slfjlhb.png

Very busy calendar caused a lot of minor injures among the squad. As a result - not the best football in last matches and second defeat in this season.

UEFA Champions League

dii6rtc.png

KaHOFYn.png

As a predicted we lost in Manchester and suddenly 15 points were not enough for the 1st place. But I could say we are lucky with the next round draw.

Next opponent - FC Porto (First Knockout Round)

vYuj2uy.png

First final with Celtic lost under my management. Awful game and deserved defeat.

---

2029 Awards

PIDNyG6.png

5TE9TNk.png

:applause:

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

January 2030

Transfers

Players Out

BXJvHtL.png

Suddenly Man U activated release clause and we lost one of the best players. Funny that you can`t find anyone more happy then director of Chester (Vanarama NL) whose team received 40% of transfer fee (30+ millions)

4PkkUaE.png

We couldn`t refuse this offer for 30 y.o. who is not regular starter. 

And also we terminated contract of Andrew Robertson who became a real deadwood.

After we lost two players on the left flank of attack I decided to changer our formation to narrow 4-3-1-2. With few additions the squad is capable to adapt to this scheme.

Players In

uhGBD4r.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Aaron Hickey

Very long and tough process of signing this player and finally another Scottish star joins us.

D6BPsML.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jonathan Lunan

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jamie Fraser

With change in formation we need some more depth in midfield so these two young players should provide cover for more experienced team mates and try to realize there potential.

After decent loan spell in Arsenal we returned Grady as we now play with two strikers.

Scottish Premiership

7i2uyFl.png

We were at winter break until January 19th so only two matches and 6 points.

Scottish Cup

LdY7rKJ.png

Next opponent - Ayr (Fifth Round)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

February 2030

Scottish Premiership

A3yBTMw.png

w39tT6a.png

Perfect month with important wins against teams from top-5! Our strikers are on fire.

UEFA Champions League

Sr650Jr.png

It`s amazing result and it`s almost impossible not to qualify to the next round now! Grady is a phenomenon! And he is 18 y.o. only. 

Scottish Cup

m0NCz7E.png

Next opponent - Arbroath (Quarter Final)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

March 2030

Scottish Premiership

E0nwn36.png

w1OtWQd.png

We have unusually scored little this month but conceded nothing and what is more important - secured the title.

UEFA Champions League

Pd69bli.png

We did what we had to do. Porto tried there best but scored only one goal.

Next opponent - Man Utd :(

Scottish Cup

uFrSsjH.png

Easy win on the way to Semi Final.

Next opponent - Falkirk

---

Youth Intake 2030

C5wD6vG.png

And again as last year - pretty poor intake at the whole but with few promising youngster.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Graeme Stirling23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Keith Miller|23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jordan McGlinchey|23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Ally McAllister|23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Aidan Connor|23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Dylan Gray

---

m9hNUDc.png

Unexpectedly and pleasantly.

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

April 2030

Scottish Premiership

liQoecz.png

plfyD8V.png

Two matches in a month and two Derbies with opposite results and opposite football showed on the pitch.

UEFA Champions League

98S0nPr.png

So we knew about the power of Man U and even grabbed a draw in home match but at Old Trafford we` been shown what is top football looks like.

Scottish Cup

rjnW86b.png

Next opponent - Rangers

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

May 2030

Scottish Premiership

rOmzwXn.png

qDljLMc.png

So with retransforming to the new tactical scheme without wingers in this season we`ve dropped in some statistical indicators but the quality of our squad let us still to be dominant in the league.

Scottish Cup Final

LGsjLDd.png

Good show for spectators and very tough win.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

European Rankings Update

Nation Club Coefficients

xBksgs2.png

All Scottish teams spent good European campaign even despite only Celtic represented country in UCL. Rangers reached Quarter Final of Europe League and Hearts stopped at the same stage but in Conference League. And now we came close to Portugal and Netherlands though it wouldn`t be easy task to win this rankings battle with them.

Club Coefficients

NR6vgEV.png

We`ve moved up 4 places and step-by-step go the one of our key goals - top-10.

Edited by Vladis

FIFA-logo.png 1200px-Scotland_national_football_team_logo_2014.svg.png

Scotland at World Cup 2030

10 (!) players from the Celtic were called for the Scotland team at once: 

Defenders  Ian Smith, Aaron Hickey, Callum Shaw, Kieran Tierney (left Celtic in May)

Midfielders  Jamie Fraser, Jonny Harrison, Jonathan Lunan

Strikers  David McMillan, Will Russell, Kenny Grady

Group stages

Eu0a5qX.png

cQYWg5T.png

Second Round

coI9yJu.png

Winners - Portugal

Runners-up - France

Award winners:

Golden Ball - Kylian Mbappe (FRA)

Golden Shoe - Wilfried Gnonto (ITA)

Best Young Player - Pedro Simoes (POR)

Best Goalkeeper - Diogo Costa (POR)

Dream Team

Celtic players at Euro (who spent at least 10 minutes on the field)

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Aaron Hickey - 3 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.43 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Ian Smith - 3 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 7.07 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jamie Fraser - 3 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.80 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jonny Harrison - 2 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.85 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Kenny Grady - 3 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.93 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png David McMillan - 3 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.97 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Will Russell - 2 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.50 avg. rat.

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Morten Thorsby - 4 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.88 avg. rat.

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Kristoffer Ajer - 4 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.93 avg. rat.

20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png  Brian Aguilar - 4 matches: 2 conc, 3 cln, 7.50 avg. rat.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

2030 - 2031

Pre-Season Review

Recruitment

PLAYERS OUT

8iJXujB.png

It wasn`t too hard decision because: 1) we have Aguilar who is without any doubts number one, 2) 49,5M, 3) Gavin really wanted to join Leicester and if we hadn't accepted the offer he would surely have been unhappy.

MJQiCMY.png

Though they are good players with Scottish passport, we have really high competition for places in the squad and I just didn`t find place for them.

HQLOKEl.png

One of my Shelbourne`s favorites didn`t have strong chance in Celtic and after two loans in his (and mine) former team left the club after the end of contract.

GSbZ3F2.png

Age, just age.

jv94rd8.png

Just the youngsters who wouldn't have had a chance to break into the main team.

9ObQ9E0.png

7h8jOCo.png

Some notable loans. All these youngsters are pretty talented so we will follow their progress.

PLAYERS IN

LS0iidz.png

Англия Phil Nelson

Biography

Serious upgrade to our defensive line. In pair with Smith they should cement our penalty box.

U9StvBQ.png

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Filip Ronningen Jorgensen

Biography

Fantastic deal. We gave real top-class player for free. Even though he is now most earned player in the club with salary 100k p/w but I`m sure he is worth it.

g0xrnEk.png

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Espen Johnsen

Biography

Our new backup keeper. Not as good of course as Bazunu was but decent enough for his role.

UaWatvE.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png David Frame

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Kyle McWaters

Two talented youngsters will join our U18 team.

Another movements:

a4yKqh5.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jonny Harrison - yes, we bought out Jonny after three successful seasons on loan.  

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jamie Fraser - another year with us on loan from Liverpool

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Aaron Westcarr - returned to the club after two years on loan in Doncaster

Англия Brian Ferguson - signed for free in 2028, was on loan at Newcastle and Leeds last seasons

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png George Stevenson - moved from U18 team

Expected Starting XI & Second XI

66zyk1f.pngPTWiXPe.png

Cengiz Under, Morten Thorsby and George Stevenson

Friendly matches

se9oIxj.png

This year we decided to visit Insonesia where we`ve shown masterclass to the best local teams. 

Board expectations and title odds

h8IaP27.png

The new kit

XJ7C9Mg.png

Next three years we will play in this complect designed by Umbro and with the new title sponsor - Norwegian Airlines.

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

August 2030

Scottish Premiership

EGTxLNM.png

3PBGWc8.png

The start of the season is even better than I predicted! Having top strikers is a big advantage in tactic we use. On the other hand I have some concerns about heavy dependence on them.

Scottish League Cup

fL2cPfT.png

Next opponent - Rangers (Quarter Final)

UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw

NVhoSQf.png

I could say we are really lucky with the draw but we shouldn`t lose focus.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

September 2030

Scottish Premiership

8ATMHYY.png

I4VcqY5.png

Good run continues. All our striker are on fire,

UEFA Champions League

eNJ9b2o.png

wY3nGZ0.png

We were destroyed on the flanks. It could be be a turning point as I`m not sure we have long-term perspective in our current tactic without wide players in attack. Majority of teams we face play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 and If the quality of opposition`s wide players is high we have real problems. So it looks like we will turn to more classic and more stable 4-3-3. 

Scottish League Cup

9W3WDVp.png

Important victory for us and especially for our fans.

Next opponent - Dundee Utd. (Semi Final)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

October 2030

Scottish Premiership

RNwUYQ3.png

X3Zd1Kv.png

I would especially highlight comeback in Derby - probably the most memorable moment of the month. The first third of the season is behind us. Not all victories are easy, but still we have not lost a single point

UEFA Champions League

lgHjqZy.png

PknHx3i.png

We did the job and took the point we should have taken.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

November 2030

Scottish Premiership

arqIcD8.png

elHogRz.png

First lose of points came from struggling Dunfermline. Unexpected, yes, but we should be more accurate with our chances.

UEFA Champions League

Ua4BkTv.png

rc9qa3U.png

Perfect UCL month with two wins that guarantee us qualification from the 1st place.

Scottish League Cup

TiGEyrJ.png

Next opponent - Motherwell (Final)

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

December 2030

Scottish Premiership

nmOV4sG.png

Lh64Z6E.png

Not the best performance in away matches but there are reasons for it - too much rotation and tactical inconsistency. But we perfectly ended the year with impressive win over Rangers.

UEFA Champions League

2wjYXNq.png

FmAKcMa.png

Crushing win in Copenhagen in the last game of group stages.

Next opponent - Manchester City (First Knockout Round) :(

E3UvGw0.png

After defeat last season we returned the title.

---

2030 Awards

r3slZV8.png 

Second season in a row :applause:

eo7i3BL.png

2 years ago Russell won the same award and now it`s time for McMillan

4WHK0Pt.png

And probably even more prestigious award for our young star.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

January 2031

Transfer window

As we have returned to the tactical scheme with wide attacking player we needed to strength up this line.

23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Ramon Gomez - from Chelsea (Loan)

B8WFJTo.png

Good temporary option. I have some doubts that we need to consider his buy out but for the next 6 month he should really help us.

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Renyer - from PSG (€ 27.5M)

DCWVWrr.png

Very good skilled player who was on my scouts eyes for the last 2-3 seasons. He became unsettled in PSG and we took a chance with a fairly modest wage agreed.

But...my fault that I didn`t check the fact that Celtic is his 3d club in one season and... UhZrhkV.png. So he will train with the team and play for reserves team. Hope he will not lose his form.

Scottish Premiership

eTsC1bg.png

iWcK0wy.png

Absolutely great performance with the new tactical style implemented from the start of the year.

Scottish Cup

gmCcWfa.png

Next opponent - Ross County (Fifth Round)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

February 2031

Scottish Premiership

A2vhfwV.png

FneQLw3.png

Great month! Even the loss of points against Harts didn't upset me. 9-1 win over Dundee Utd is probably one of the best games in my career and it`s especially fantastic considering that we played away from home.

UEFA Champions League

PxAlzzC.png

We`ve done the job perfectly. Didn`t allowed too much for Haaland and Co, and found the chance to score in quick attack. If we could play the same way at second match I think we have chances to go through.

Scottish Cup

4syT91c.png

Next opponent - Dundee Utd.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

March 2031

Scottish Premiership

3dF9nom.png

9OQGusy.png

What a magnificent month. 23 goals scored and 0 conceded only in 4 matches and another Old Derby win.

UEFA Champions League

5fzRW4A.png

I`m really happy how solid we looked in these two legs. Home match was like a mirror of fixture week ago - solid defensive work and goal from Grady in counter attack.

Next opponent - Man Utd (again)

Scottish Cup

KM7Ko0Z.png

Next opponent - Rangers

Youth Intake 2031

vIadyaU.png

Probably the worst intake for the last 4 years under my management. 

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Said Koster

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Gary Gourlay

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

April 2031

Scottish Premiership

5GABsR6.png

5WGgPil.png

Crushing win over Hibs secured for us another title!

UEFA Champions League

yO8a8Ni.png

!!! What a legendary match at Celtic Park! Miller who even wasn`t considered as senior team player in first half of the season made so important hat-trick. 

Before the Semi Final we lost Aguilar with sudden injury and during the match Gomez also got injured. But we managed to secure a draw and will fight till the end in the second leg,

Scottish Cup

XNoY17Z.png

Good show for spectaculars of both clubs but we are going to the final.

Next opponent - Livingston (Final)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

May 2031

Scottish Premiership

S9Oc6ih.png

IkfEtQX.png

Perfect end of this great unbeatable season. Our fans should be on the 7th heaven after 5-1 win in Derby.

UEFA Champions League

YjngW4K.png

Despite the loss I`m proud for my boys. Our level of football was outstanding in these two legs even with some key players being out but Barca is the top of the tops. In the final they beat Lyon and clinched the trophy.

Scottish Cup Final

7hGfXZ7.png

2nd tier Livingston made a real sensation reaching the final. But for us this match was an easy walk. 

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

2030-2031

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Competitions Review

ir6RLvc.png

The best season so far for me at Celtic. We finished the season unbeatable in the league and during all tournaments this season we lost only two matches and all of them in UCL: Ajax at group stages and Barcelona in Semi-Final. In UCL we looked really great but were not so lucky with the draw in knockout rounds: two Manchester sides and Barca.

We started this season with quite experimental narrow 4-3-1-2 formation but predictably were very vulnerable at the flanks in defense so from 1st January I transformed our tactic to high-pressing 4-3-3 and it gave a lot of benefits to our play and I think style that we implemented really suits us. 

---

Player Stats (Overall)

Best XI of the season

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Will Russell

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Conor McLeish ------------------------------------------- 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png David McMillan

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jonny Harrison ---  23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Lewis Ferguson

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Ronningen Jorgensen

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Ronaldo --- 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Ian Smith --- Англия Phil Nelson --- Флаг Северной Македонии Bobi Terziev

23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Brian Aguilar

Awards

vzzHdQh.png UzzqJXv.png Q7yJRSZ.png

4V9ftpy.png

Club Finances

Ba8MGmu.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

European Rankings Update

Nation Club Coefficients

3VxzVc3.png

We continue to climb the ranks and this season we have chance to move even further to the the 6th position which guarantees two clubs in UCL group stages.

Club Coefficients

VADow4e.png

We are in Top 10 - it reflects our big progress for the last 5 seasons.

• 3 months later...

Everything new is well-forgotten old

This exciting save clearly needs a second...third breath. Dean Delany is on the way to build an empire, team that that will conquer for Champions League title every season with bright Scottish talents.

So HERE WE GO AGAIN! :onmehead:With slightly new more minimalistic post layout.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png  2031-2032|SEASON PREVIEW

Recruitment

g6UM85n.png

Two team leaders left this summer. We had very low chances to keep one of the best academy graduates in Celtic history David McMillan. Atletico and La Liga is a good step forward for him. We will follow his progress and wish him best of luck.

Another big sale is Jorgensen. Here it`s pure business. Signed for free last summer and sold to Real for almost 40M pounds - great deal for 29 y.o. Norwegian.

Also a group of young players left the club including Shaw and Shewan. Reason is common - their potential doesn`t allow them to pretend for stable first team members in the future so It`s a chance for them to progress in less powerful teams.

New signings (player profiles are clickable)

Dk5LJP2.png

7jQ8JV4.png

Saint-Etienne academy graduate who spend last two seasons on loan at Braga. Fantastic dribbling alongside with good physics and creator` skills.

1upZqsu.png

Slightly controversial signing as we have a lot of good players in his position but I just couldn't get past this opportunity to sign for free such a skillful player. Probably will retrain him for IW role on the left flank.

bxaVoxo.png

Yong player for U19 team with a very high potential. Signed from Hearts.

Celtic first-team squad

Goalkeepers

WIkrGEX.png

Defenders

Xfq9AKN.png

Midfielders

CA0RVCL.png

Attacking line

MksU6AO.png

Pre-season matches

S63QKrH.png

Title Odds / Board Expectations

dtLy6WK.png

Edited by Vladis

4 hours ago, Vladis said:

Everything new is well-forgotten old

This exciting save clearly needs a second...third breath. Dean Delany is on the way to build an empire, team that that will conquer for Champions League title every season with bright Scottish talents.

So HERE WE GO AGAIN! :onmehead:With slightly new more minimalistic post layout.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png  2030-2031|SEASON PREVIEW

Recruitment

g6UM85n.png

Two team leaders left this summer. We had very low chances to keep one of the best academy graduates in Celtic history David McMillan. Atletico and La Liga is a good step forward for him. We will follow his progress and wish him best of luck.

Another big sale is Jorgensen. Here it`s pure business. Signed for free last summer and sold to Real for almost 40M pounds - great deal for 29 y.o. Norwegian.

Also a group of young players left the club including Shaw and Shewan. Reason is common - their potential doesn`t allow them to pretend for stable first team members in the future so It`s a chance for them to progress in less powerful teams.

New signings (player profiles are clickable)

Dk5LJP2.png

7jQ8JV4.png

Saint-Etienne academy graduate who spend last two seasons on loan at Braga. Fantastic dribbling alongside with good physics and creator` skills.

1upZqsu.png

Slightly controversial signing as we have a lot of good players in his position but I just couldn't get past this opportunity to sign for free such a skillful player. Probably will retrain him for IW role on the left flank.

bxaVoxo.png

Yong player for U19 team with a very high potential. Signed from Hearts.

Celtic first-team squad

Goalkeepers

WIkrGEX.png

Defenders

Xfq9AKN.png

Midfielders

CA0RVCL.png

Attacking line

MksU6AO.png

Pre-season matches

S63QKrH.png

Title Odds / Board Expectations

dtLy6WK.png

Damn your Celtic Team look dominace in europe

Maybe hope to win champions league

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png  2031-2032|AUGUST UPDATE

Transfers

OUT Oz3OhgJ.png

Another example of good business. Ferguson was signed for free 4 years ago, spent almost all the time on loans out and finally left the club for good 16M.

IN   D3U6ANX.png

s0pFoHE.pngimage is clickable

Just a back-up/rotation option to give more depth to the squad.

---

ShyfA3H.png

cULgO8Q.png

Start is ok but we waste too many moments and as result lost points in match with huge underdog Ayr.

UEFA Champions League Draw

54thpYv.png

Tough group but after semi-finals last year we are expected to be promoted.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png  2031-2032|DECEMBER UPDATE

yyt3Kx5.png

OrqEFrP.png

We started December with 3 big matches in a row. And all of them were won in best fashion. So we finish calendar year with very comfortable distance from Rangers and with unbeatable run in CL. Our opponent in first knockout round is...Man City. Again! Last season we were better, let`s hope that we could repeat those success.

---

2031 Awards

9GYdzds.png

:applause:Aguilar is now officially best of the bests.

EfgnU1h.png

And Golden Glove is also his for the third time in a row.

kUjYPIT.png

MQCojFt.png

o86NbFb.png

DzOrkeg.png

kWnLcWX.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png  2031-2032| JANUARY UPDATE

Transfers | Out

JjvvfDF.png

Yes, this is happened. I just had no chances to refuse this offer. It`s Barcelona and it's 75M pounds. Aguilar is already best keeper in the world (or on of the best) and the future should be bright for him at Camp Nou. We broke club and nation record for transfer fee received. 

Transfers | In

mvweAQ2.png

images are clickable

NaMJiqk.png

Gavin returns after 1.5 seasons in Leicester. 40M is dubious price but on the other hand we sold him 2 years ago for 45M. 

Om9PB83.png

Serious injury of our young star Smith forced us to look for quick replacement and this Greece talent is very good option I think.

eUywafG.png

Ax5hhNv.png

We didn`t lost any point since 19th of October in all competitions but all big matches are ahead of us.

Edited by Vladis