Dean Delany's story: from Dublin to Glasgow for European glory (Shelbourne → Celtic)

Vladis

Ryanar-Boeing-737-MAX-8-200-scaled.jpg

Shels_logo_sml.png Thank You, Dublin!

image.jpg?width=2048&enable=upscale

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png Glasgow, Here I come!

In six seasons at Shelburne we have won every trophy possible at local level and also represented Ireland in the group stage of the Champions League two seasons in a row.

A move to Celtic is a logical decision for Dean Delany. Celtic's history is closely linked to Ireland. It`s a club with a huge fanbase and opportunities to achieve great things.

The basic principles on which Delany's team will be built do not change:

- A commitment to developing young players through club vertical;

- Creating British core (though at Shelbourne It was transformed more to Irish core);

- Attractive football

te9seoe.png

Edited by Vladis

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

2020 - 2027 Overview

Scottish Premiership

EQVGOcV.png

UEFA Champions League

yMQenHg.png

UEFA Europa League | Scottish Cup | Scottish League Cup

Nation Club Coefficients

vyyTMgy.png

League reputation | | Qualification Places

The Celtic Football Club 2027

tMiP6YS.png

Facilities | Finances

Staff overview

Coaching team

awt4HMa.png

Planning structure of the coaching staff: 1 Assistant Manager (currently 0), 2 GK Coaches (currently 0), 2(3) Fitness Coaches (currently 1), 5 Coaches (currently 0), 1 Head Performance Analyst (currently 1), 2 Performance Analysts (currently 1)

Medical Team

o2JiZom.png

Planning structure of medical staff: 1 Head Physio (currently 0), 3 Physios (currently 2), 1 Head of Sports Science (currently 1), 1 Sports Scientist (currently 1)

Recruitment team

MKMHTv4.png

Planning structure of the recruitment staff: 1 Chief Scout (currently 1), 8-12 Scouts (currently 4), 1 Loan Manager (currently 0), 2 Recruitment Analysts (currently 0)

Squad Overview

Transfers 2020 - 2021 | Transfers 2021 - 2022 | Transfers 2022 - 2023 | Transfers 2023 - 2024 | Transfers 2024 - 2025 | Transfers 2025 - 2026 | Transfers 2026 - 2027

Goalkeepers

UFyu14z.png

23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Lucas Bergstrom 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Justin Bijlow  

Defenders

O4bomub.png

23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Davide Bettella | 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Straninja Pavlovic23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Roman Zobnin | 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Niklas Stark23px-Flag_of_Belgium_(civil).svg.png Jason Denayer23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Max Kilman23px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Giorgos Kyriakopoulos

Midfielders

B91jweW.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Callum McGregor | 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png John McGinn | 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Lewis Ferguson | 23px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Joe Morrell22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Lucas Lourenco23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Thomas Muller22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Pedrinho23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Ferdi Kadioglu23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Takumi Minamino23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Cengiz Under20px-Flag_of_the_Democratic_Republic_of_ Yoane Wissa

Strikers

MTcD9Er.png

23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Paul Rawson23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Will Russell

Youth Prospects

3qnxERi.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png David McMillan23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Conor McLeish23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Kenny Grady23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Colin Robertson

Current season (2026 - 2027)

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

fh4BO2s.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

January 2027

Scottish Premiership

4TrvFFP.png

z6gxvmu.png

Perfect start of career at Celtic Park. 4 wins with 13 goals scored and 0 conceded. 

Scottish Cup Fourth Round

2A30SgQ.png

It was easy game against semi-professionals. The main highlight of the match was the debut of the 16-year-old David McMillan who became both the youngest player in club history debuted in official matches and the youngest goalscorer (he scored two goals in this match).

Next opponent - Queen`s Park (Scottish Championship).

---

yofopAm.png

SqEESvN.png

8dAIUtN.png

---

New Signing

FFvuLuH.png

23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ian Bradbury

Bradbury is an emergency option as we lost Kyriakopoulos for two months. Very talented player, we should keep an eye on him and look for possibility signing on permanent basis.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

February 2027

Scottish Premiership

1NGVx2R.png

LFUyUBR.png

The match against Hearts was the toughest in this month. Anyway our winning run continues.

UEFA Europa League

FQwLt5Q.png

Despite the fact the we conceded very easy goals in the first leg It was great performance. 

Next opponent - Everton (EPL)

Scottish Cup

zAgHNQQ.png

The draw so far seems to be very favourable to us.

Next opponent - Hamilton (Scottish Championship)

---

International match reports

dgibsT0.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

March 2027

Scottish Premiership

QBCRVfK.png

GCuim3Z.png

A strong-willed victory over Hibernian earned us an early win in the league

UEFA Europa League

zPXYdxW.png

Fantastic win at the first leg meant nothing. Match in Liverpool was a mix of luck and great performance from Bergstrom. Everton is a really strong side so I`m very happy that we are going through.

Next opponent - Man City (EPL)

---

2rJHkBx.png

UKKzCW6.png

---

2027 Youth Intake

Vf4cdiy.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png David Stephen - very promising youngster

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Marc Evans

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Mark Archibald

---

xuuKuPI.png

Very pleasant deal.  Toulouse and Ligue 2 are a good platform for loans and we get more advanced access to French market.

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

April 2027

Scottish Premiership

AEvE5y0.png

IEyLHwS.png

Not the best performance in April. There are no more easy matches as we entered championship group but our game could be better for sure.

UEFA Europa League

oLagmO4.png

First Leg and 60 minutes of second one were pleasant to watch for me as we were in game against one of the best clubs in the world (Pep is still there). But then guys from Man City showed real class and destroyed our defense. Anyway we took a good account of ourselves in this competition. 

Scottish Cup Semi-FInal

fJmYSTN.png

We did the job in the first half and all remaining time were in thoughts about the final.

Next opponent - Kilmarnock

---

N0Z5qFN.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

May 2027

End of season review

Scottish Premiership

EcZEpjD.png

YzgKeRy.png

The end of the season showed that ,yes, we are the most powerful team for sure but at the same time level of top 5-6 clubs in Scotland is really decent and we should give 100% in these fixture to guarantee the win.

Scottish Cup Final

FIA7eSS.png

Fantastic football from our side and 2nd title this season.

Other competitions review

9gbihHl.png

---

Season awards

hAPpmLw.png

MxRgfQm.png

B1DlyU8.png

IXfWidc.png

FYj12wx.png

0vHS8yp.png

---

Player stats (overall)

Team of the Season (Delany`s version)

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Will Russell

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Ferdi Kadioglu --- 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Lucas Lourenco --- 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Pedrinho

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png John McGinn --- 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Lewis Ferguson

23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Max Kilman --- 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Strahinja Pavlovic --- 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png David Bettella --- 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Roman Zobnin

23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Lucas Bergstrom

14 hours ago, RageMaster said:

@Vladis Can't wait to see how you mould the squad and hopefully you get some more luck with the youth than you had at Shelbourne. KUTGW! 

Hi, @RageMaster. Thanks. Talking about the squad I don`t plan massive overhaul, maximum 4-5 changes for the first team. In mid-term we need to rejuvenate the squad as we have a lot of aging players but It`s a matter of several transfer windows because I want to make this process as painless as possible for the team's results.

Agree about youths. If we can produce another two-three youngsters of Russell quality I will be happy.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

June - July 2027

Pre-season review

New kit (and title sponsor)

IriCF14.png

VMware is the new title sponsor of the club. 

---

Transfers

Players Out (63,5M €)

UupRYzG.png

A lot of high-earned aging players were sold which were not considered as an important. Only one unplanned sale is Max Kilman. But the offer from Napoli was too good to turn down considering the facts he is 30 y.o. and his wage was 98k per week.

Players In (5,5M €)

yUgDoTY.png

TN1tOIf.png

23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ian Bradbury (Loan Extended) - Ian is really great young fullback who is progressing quickly and should be regular starter this season after Kilman departure.

bS3cv8L.png

vGrvKUY.png

23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Bill Barnes (Mandatory fee 6,25M € after 25 matches) - Another prospect from EPL top club. Very brave and versatile player.

qOp0kwP.png

UerkH7v.png

23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Kyle Walker-Peters - Very experienced player. An immediate option as we are still in search of someone who can close this position for years.

KuGC2Aj.png

sHkzPLC.png

23px-Flag_of_Wales.svg.png Rhys Norrington-Davies - Was considered more as good investment before selling Kilman. But for now he I see him as rotation option.

unJZo08.png

vGkeAM3.png

23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Miguel Patmore - Great luck to sign such good and perspective player for free. Could cement our midfield for many years ahead.

34XACnN.png

oIlOOkh.png

22px-Flag_of_North_Macedonia.svg.png Bobi Terziev - My boy :D One of favourite players at Shelbourne who debuted at 16 y.o. at professional level and already have 12 international caps. I know his abilities. Doubly he will be world-beater but could be great servant for our club.

Apqj9Ib.png

rLidIwJ.png

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Jonny Harrison - Decent addition to our attacking line

Other deals

TAa74LA.png

23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Brian Ferguson - Versatile defender who can be developed into really good player. Next season he will spend on loan at West Brom.

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Ronaldo - Brazilian-borned who started his career in Northern Ireland. Was in my shortlist last two years. Good spread of skills and decent potential. Will start at U18 team.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Callum Shaw - appeared to be unnecessary for Fiorentina and returns to his homeland. Next season will play on loan at home and first professional club - Alloa.

---

Starting XI & Second XI

Fa0qoum.png oLQ1oRG.png

I`m satisfied with options at my disposal. Currently we are in search for another CD and I plan to give playing time to our young prospects from U18 team McMillan and Stephen.

---

Pre-season friendly matches

mMN3wKY.png

Everything was according to our plan. Especially delighted with fixtures against Atletico and Chelsea where we have successfully tested alternative tactic based on more cautious approach with quick counter attacks.

Hv857WH.png gcNmrCX.png

---

Board expectations and tittle odds

SJlE8GO.png

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

July - August 2027

Transfers

Near to the end of transfer window we received an attractive offer from Burnley for our main goalkeeper Justin Bijlow. It wasn`t easy decision to let him go as he is really top and there is not absolutely equivalent keeper at the market who is available for us for adequate money. But on the other hand he is near to 30 and is on high wage. Anyway, the decision has been made. Good luck him in EPL.

As a replacement for Justin we have signed 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Gavin Bazunu, Ireland`s leading keeper, with Nigerian routs, born in Dublin. He is only 25 so could develop himself further for next 2-3 years. Signed for Aston Villa for 10M.

Next signing is another my favourite from Shelbourne times - England Alex Kirk, Arsenal academy graduate. It is unlikely he will ever become a regular starter in Celtic but may be we could slightly make a boost to his career.

And major transfers at Deadline Day:

Lyon came with really good money for our key defender Bettella. Considering that I had a really good CD from Liverpool in my shortlist I quickly had agreed the deal and let Davide to conquer the France.

And those player from Liverpool is 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Dejan Lazarevic, 21 y.o. Partizan academy graduate. An estimated amount of the deal is 23.5M€. So for now  we have interesting Serbian partnership in central defence Pavlovic - Lazarevic.

Scottish Premiership

oB4rWnW.png

0vaEnlx.png

Excellent start of the season with 4 wins and 14 goals scored. 

AcBrc15.png

recaXZ8.png

UEFA Champions League

a2JzXp6.png

It's fair to say we got lucky with the draw. Though Partizan sensationally beat a very solid Basel in the previous round so we took our opponent seriously and  did what we had to do.

7Vq6g6N.png

We will probably only be in a battle for 3rd place. I have no idea how Sparta got into CL groups only if @SixPointer is managing them :D.

Other Scottish clubs in Europe:

Rangers - Europa League group stages

Dunfermline - Europa League group stages

Scottish League Cup

vOn12oi.png

It was not so easy as scoreline shows but our attacking line on high.

Next opponent - Rangers (Quarter Final)

Edited by Vladis

14 hours ago, Vladis said:

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

July - August 2027

Transfers

Near to the end of transfer window we received an attractive offer from Burnley for our main goalkeeper Justin Bijlow. It wasn`t easy decision to let him go as he is really top and there is not absolutely equivalent keeper at the market who is available for us for adequate money. But on the other hand he is near to 30 and is on high wage. Anyway, the decision has been made. Good luck him in EPL.

As a replacement for Justin we have signed 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Gavin Bazunu, Ireland`s leading keeper, with Nigerian routs, born in Dublin. He is only 25 so could develop himself further for next 2-3 years. Signed for Aston Villa for 10M.

Next signing is another my favourite from Shelbourne times - England Alex Kirk, Arsenal academy graduate. It is unlikely he will ever become a regular starter in Celtic but may be we could slightly make a boost to his career.

And major transfers at Deadline Day:

Lyon came with really good money for our key defender Bettella. Considering that I had a really good CD from Liverpool in my shortlist I quickly had agreed the deal and let Davide to conquer the France.

And those player from Liverpool is 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Dejan Lazarevic, 21 y.o. Partizan academy graduate. An estimated amount of the deal is 23.5M€. So for now  we have interesting Serbian partnership in central defence Pavlovic - Lazarevic.

Scottish Premiership

oB4rWnW.png

0vaEnlx.png

Excellent start of the season with 4 wins and 14 goals scored. 

AcBrc15.png

recaXZ8.png

UEFA Champions League

a2JzXp6.png

It's fair to say we got lucky with the draw. Though Partizan sensationally beat a very solid Basel in the previous round so we took our opponent seriously and  did what we had to do.

7Vq6g6N.png

We will probably only be in a battle for 3rd place. I have no idea how Sparta got into CL groups only if @SixPointer is managing them :D.

Other Scottish clubs in Europe:

Rangers - Europa League group stages

Dunfermline - Europa League group stages

Scottish League Cup

vOn12oi.png

It was not so easy as scoreline shows but our attacking line on high.

Next opponent - Rangers (Quarter Final)

If Sparta play anything like I did in the group stages you will be nailed on for a third place at least :lol:

Thanks to forum update my last post with September update has disappeared. Therefore, I will at once present a two-month update.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

September - October 2027

Scottish Premiership

R5leRHo.png

8tOgPAa.png

Our fourteen-game winning streak came to an end at Motherwell. On the bright side is beautiful win in Old Firm derby.

y9AuIvd.png

UEFA Champions League

X0hog4z.png

aDFyfS8.png

Absolutely fantastic start in CL. Match with Bayern was a real art of counter-attacking football. We gave them ball but let almost nothing to do with it. Similar picture at Giuseppe Meazza but this time we may be were more lucky. Sparta is a tough nut to crack, besides the draw with us, they also took points against Inter.

Scottish League Cup 

KVtx3vU.png

Not the easiest draw. Two really tough games including derby with Rangers and we are in the final.

Next opponent - Motherwell (Final)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

November 2027

Scottish Premiership

uoE7Mjs.png

fEzn4Od.png

Second defeat in the season and in the same manner as with Motherwell. Mistake here and there in defense cost us points. May be we need some more time to achieve better cohesion among defenders. Anyway It`s only local problems at this moment as we are leading comfortably in the league.

IVJ4Uri.png

7Tyyv9s.png

UEFA Champions League

8Eb0Gme.png

PZjDuqO.png

We are sensational in European campaign. Patience, hard work and set-pieces are two major factors of our success this CL season. 

---

tkc1lbZ.png

Finally! After several unsuccessful requests, the board agreed to update our training facilities.

brilliant read - i usually always do a Celtic save. Currently on my 3rd season on FM22, and finished 2nd in UCL groups that had Man Utd, Porto and Dinamo. Looking forward to the rest of it now. Love seeing Ferdi in there also, signed him but he wanted to move on after only one and half seasons. Cant complain, signed for 4m and sold to Brighton for 22m. Great read.

2 hours ago, Jodydoc said:

brilliant read - i usually always do a Celtic save. Currently on my 3rd season on FM22, and finished 2nd in UCL groups that had Man Utd, Porto and Dinamo. Looking forward to the rest of it now. Love seeing Ferdi in there also, signed him but he wanted to move on after only one and half seasons. Cant complain, signed for 4m and sold to Brighton for 22m. Great read.

Thanks, mate! I really enjoying playing in Scotland. We are huge team but teams like Rangers, Hibernian, Motherwell constantly improve there squad and can cause problems for us.

Ferdi was brought by Lennon before I arrived here. Great player with adequate wage (only 32k p/w), would like to keep him for longer time.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

December 2027

Scottish Premiership

PkOSd8b.png

0uaSF5C.png

Another great month! Amazing result for Pavlovic - 4 goals from corners.

UEFA Champions League

hg3M0qm.png

zX9qFwt.png

Fully deserved win over Sparta and we finish 1st which is huge achievement already. Let`s see how far we can go in knockout rounds.

Next opponent - Monaco (First Knockout Round)

Scottish League Cup Final

Dy3q0Z0.png

GgWgxkG.png

Motherwell is doing well this season and It was tough final. Another trophy in Delany`s collection.

---

4EZzRqi.png

I love Norway so was really pleased with the offer from the board to make a link with Tromsø side. And it could be a good path for Scandinavian market which is rich for talents.

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

January 2028

Transfer Window

Players Out

a3ZDJLJ.png

I`m pleased with the money we received for backup GK Bergstrom and 3d choice fullback Zobnin. Ronaldo went to Ligue 2 to gain experience and adapt for senior level football. Loans of Norrington-Davies and Morrell are related to new signings.

Players In

tCct5OO.png

I've gone a bit away from the club's transfer policy and signed some very experience players.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Andrew Robertson  - He is already a legend for Scottish football and I couldn't miss the chance to sign him for so low price. And he is still good enough to be even regular starter (at least at local level).

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Morten Thorsby - described as Model Professional. Super hard-working midfielder who has all abilities to be a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room.

23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Emiliano Martinez - more temporary option as we couldn`t find good replacement for Bergstrom immediately.

Scottish Premiership

Ucb8lMk.png

HmVstG3.png

Another great win over Rangers and two unnecessary draws.

NiLbiPv.png

Scottish Cup

ghyVXNf.png

Not the best day for Rangers` fans...as almost all recent Derby days :D

Next opponent - Ross County (Fifth Round)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

February 2028

Scottish Premiership

QUGZu7x.png

f5XteHs.png

Finally a month without conceded goals, though it was not so hard schedule.

UEFA Champions League

yXDveg3.png

We continue to surprise. Attacking line of Monaco was very dangerous but we managed to play solid in defense and converted our chances well.

Scottish Cup

OPa4DC1.png

Two two very difficult strong-willed wins. Especially impressive was comeback in match with Ross County with two goals at extra time.

Next opponent - Aberdeen (Semi Final)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

March 2028

Scottish Premiership

SQugOBo.png

2pTErZ8.png

And again Motherwell! We were in lead until the 70th minute but then just stopped to play and conceded 3 goals! Let think it was the lesson for us.

KcMRNB9.png

Dj7MuVe.png

UEFA Champions League

RkNf62M.png

RypP6ey.png

Another absolutely brilliant performance from our team in CL. It was fully deserved victory! Russell is the main hero with hat-trick. 

Next opponent - S.L. Benfica

---

2028 Youth Intake

Spoiler

xSpxKYE.png

Overall good intake, and I`m especially pleased with high percent of good personalities among these youngsters.

Paul Swanson is really exciting one. He is already Model Citizen and doesn`t have any notable weakness.

Jim Flett is another naturally right left-back with decent potential.

Lucas Macbeath - looks like good playmaker in the future. In AMC position he should be more helpful, I guess.

--

Club news

JXOSE6d.png

mt1VBKV.png

On 15/05/2022 at 17:11, SixPointer said:

Russell flying! Swanson looks like a real gem! Good guidance and you’ve got a certain first team player 

Yes, I have big hopes for Swanson, could be the new Robertson for Scotland.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

April 2028

Scottish Premiership

Ef6h5mj.png

FFlm40Z.png

Another derby victory and win over Hearts that officially crowned us as champions,

UaM03S8.png

UEFA Champions League

NHjTbbR.png

May be we were a bit lucky with the Quarter Final draw but Benfica is a big team anyway and 5-1 on aggregate is fantastic result. And It`s already the best UCL campaign for Celtic since 1974. 

Juventus looks like too much for us. In the first leg we couldn't do anything against their 5-3-2 with Demir and Sancho on the attacking flanks. Only a miracle will get us to the final now.

Scottish Cup

iRda7vi.png

Aberdeen did not give us any troubles and let our wonderkid McMillan make a double.

Next opponent - Kilmarnock (Final)

Edited by Vladis

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

May 2028

Scottish Premiership

UyBGIR9.png

Perfect end of season with probably the most difficult in this season win over Rangers

Final Table

8hKNwdl.png

I`m absolutely delighted with this season. Again we are near the 100 points level. 109 goals scored is amazing result too.

UEFA Champions League

hjRPz27.png

Miracle didn`t happened. I tried to surprise Pirlo with narrow formation but experiment was unsuccessful. Anyway I can`t complain - Juve is just another level.

Scottish Cup Final

Dj9rDaa.png

Despite only one goal scored both teams showed entertaining football. Big respect to Kilmarnock that they didn`t park the bus and keep intrigue until the final whistle.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

2027 - 2028

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Scottish Premiership - Winners

h3o9ub9.png

UEFA Champions League - Semi-Final

iUfgPQm.png

u7proNt.png

Scottish Cup - Winners

a8sDPBU.png

Scottish League Cup - Winners

0n6YfPa.png

---

Player Stats (Overall)

Team of the Season (Delany`s version)

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Will Russell

Англия Paul Rawson --- 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Lucas Lourenco --- Турция Cengiz Under

Англия Miguel Patmore --- 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Lewis Ferguson

Англия Ian Bradbury --- 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Strahinja Pavlovic --- 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Dejan Lazarevic --- Флаг Северной Македонии Bobi Terziev

Ирландия Gavin Bazunu

Edited by Vladis

13 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Treble and a UCL semi final. Incredible season! 

Definitely! Our European success should be considered as massive overachievement though, it would be very hard to repeat it next season...but who knows. 

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

European Rankings Update

Nation Club Coefficients

zZXROVY.png

The good news is that we moved up to the top 10 and will start next season in the Champions League right from the group stages. Goal number one for us right now is to secure this spot and then try to knock Russia out of ninth place.

Club Coefficients

aYk0bbj.png

Successful campaign in UCL brang us to the high positions in club ranking. Let`s see could we maintain this level.

UEFA_logo.svg 1200px-Scotland_national_football_team_logo_2014.svg.png

Scotland at Euro 2028

Group stages

tTPx8mU.png

HvwzNMb.png

Second Round

LnYqi2x.png

Winners - Croatia

Runners-up - Sweden

---

Celtic players at Euro

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Will Russell - 4 matches: 3 goals, 2 assists, 7.38 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Lewis Ferguson - 1 match: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.70 avg. rat.

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Morten Thorsby - 3 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 7.03 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Strahinja Pavlovic - 3 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.67 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Dejan Lazarevic - 3 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.80 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Gavin Bazunu - 4 matches: 3 conc, 2 cln, 7.53 avg. rat.

23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Cengiz Under - 4 matches: 0 goals, 0 assists, 6.72 avg. rat.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

June - July 2028

Pre-season Review

Transfers

Out

eJUD73F.png

For these players I just didn`t find place at the squad.

In

IPxrGvR.png

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Kristoffer Ajer - massive deal and great return to the club. After 4 seasons at Celtic Park in 2017-2021 years Ajer played for Atalanta, Atletico, Man City, Lazio and Inter. But only in Rome he was regular starter. Immediately became vice-capitan.

20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Brian Aguilar - may be controversial deal as we already have Bazunu who was great last season but I just couldn`t past from this wonderkind. He has agreed to be backup keeper for the near future which is good but his abilities are fantastic and Bazunu should be worried for his number one status.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Aiden Shewan - despite he is only 22 y.o. he looks like really mate player with professional approach to football and great mental skills.

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png George Stevenson - talent from the last youth intake at Aberdeen. We don`t have good defend-minded midfielders in our youth team so George is expected to close this deficit position.

Expected Starting XI & Second XI

xuYluLI.png QMeqswc.png

Friendly matches

KnnvUYH.png

I would like to highlight wins over Borussia and current UCL title holder Chelsea.

Board expectations and title odds

C9zPUaB.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

July - August 2028

Transfer news

Near to the end of transfer window PSG made an offer for Lazarevic in ~30M. I rejected this offer as I felt we could give much more money for him in the future but the player became unsettled and  requested to transfer list him. So i had no choice but to find a new club for him as I don`t want to have unhappy people in the club. And on the transfer deadline day we sold him to Arsenal for 27M. It`s almost the same money that we gave Liverpool for him last year.

After departure of Lazarevic I decided to change my plan about utilizing Ajer in midfield and return him to more familiar position in central defense. 

But anyway we needed another defender to have more options for rotation. And the last signing of this summer came from Hibernian,

23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Ian Smith - 19 y.o. gem who already have two caps in national team. His pair with Shaw  potentially could be the new future of the club and all Scottish football.

Scottish Premiership

qA8rHkc.png

Could we expect better start then that? Russell is on fire with 8 goals in 4 matches.

Scottish League Cup

DpXewmr.png

Expected confident win against Championship side.

Next opponent - Dundee Utd (Quarter Final)

UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw

kUjDlpD.png

Not as bad draw as it could be. Real is  favorite of course. Benfica is traditionally strong but we know how to beat them. 

Another Scottish clubs at European tournaments group stages:

Rangers - Europa League

Motherwell and Dundee Utd - Europa Conference League

Nice summer business! I like that your cherry picking players from smaller Scottish clubs. Celtic and rangers do it all the time. I hope they get a chance with you. As sometimes they get wasted in real life. 

16 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Nice summer business! I like that your cherry picking players from smaller Scottish clubs. Celtic and rangers do it all the time. I hope they get a chance with you. As sometimes they get wasted in real life. 

Yes, good noticing. Signing Scottish players from local leagues is a part of my transfer strategy, same as developing own talents and also returning Scottish to the homeland from abroad. May be one day I wouldn`t be too lazy and write post about the whole approach to recruitment and youth development but..not for now, as It will took a lot of time for me cause my English is pretty average tbh :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Vladis said:

Yes, good noticing. Signing Scottish players from local leagues is a part of my transfer strategy, same as developing own talents and also returning Scottish to the homeland from abroad. May be one day I wouldn`t be too lazy and write post about the whole approach to recruitment and youth development but..not for now, as It will took a lot of time for me cause my English is pretty average tbh :rolleyes:

Don’t worry to much. People can see the strategy if they watch closely. Keep up the good work. And your English is good enough 😀

2 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Don’t worry to much. People can see the strategy if they watch closely. Keep up the good work. And your English is good enough 😀

Thanks for your support, mate. Much appreciated.

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

September 2028

Scottish Premiership

YF0ou7q.png

1CpakkX.png

We are keeping good form and watch how Russell smashes opponents.

UEFA Champions League

OGuwUgK.png

rlX7mBk.png

Excellent start. Benfica looks stronger then last season when we defeated them in Quater-Final but our good defensive play was rewarded with 3 points. And also this match became my 100th game in charge of Celtic. So the win is more pleasant with this fact.

Scottish League Cup

CzoPQoy.png

Next opponent - Dunfermline (Semi-Final)

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

October 2028

Scottish Premiership

OM9Sz2l.png

S906K7K.png

Our scoring efficiency has dropped a  little bit but at the same time we conceded nothing. A third of the championship is behind us and we still didn`t loose any point - fantastic result.

UEFA Champions League

tre5Uzc.png

iNALAhF.png

A predictable defeat. Their squad could be named as "the new Galacticos" - so It was a great experience for us.

Scottish League Cup

7QfF77I.png

Next opponent - Ross County (Final)

Club News

AvDR9SY.png

800px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

November 2028

Scottish Premiership

gO0vEIm.png

SBkhB5q.png

When I said that October was not so reach for goals I didn`t mean that we should score at least 4,5 per game...

JDcM4yZ.png 

And yes - our winning run continues.

UEFA Champions League

HlhPwm9.png

oglYmJh.png

Despite the defeat at home match against Real I`m really proud with us. Just look at these stats:

ENpnutu.png

And win over AA Gent just supported the trend of this month for crushing scores. Now everything in our hand. We need just not to loose in last match with Benfica to qualify from the group.

Club News

NzsGfcS.png

Our geography of affiliate clubs is expanding to Australia.

Edited by Vladis