Match Engine graphics have gone blurry

I was playing the game earlier and all the graphics were nice and crisp as usual and how they have been since day one. It seems theres been an update and now they've gone all blurry?

I'm on a 27inch Mac and all the settings for the match are set to "very high". Has anyone else experienced this?

953696890_Screenshot2021-01-07at21_56_26.thumb.png.e114d3f2ba566a8c7f2aab167319af40.png

• Administrators

If you can double check your resolution and zoom setting please. 

Go into preferences and set the zoom level to what you require. 

Then go back into preferences again, and set it a second time and confirm -- see if that helps. 

12 minutes ago, rafiomcnick said:

I've the same problem on my mac retina 13 inch 2,7GHz. Before the update graphic was so brilliant also when match settings were in low modality. Now, with the 21.2.2 update, has gone blurry.

I managed to improve the graphics by going in windowed mode  and shrinking the screen, but thats not really a solution . As soon as the display goes over 2000px width it, the match engine goes blurry

• Administrators

Again I refer you back to my earlier suggestions, if you check and adjust the zoom, let us know if it's any better, or not.

Failing the above if you can supply your Mac System Profile (through the system profiler app), we can take a look. 

If you meant the zoom on the screenshot I supplied, then it makes no difference. All it does it enlarge the UI of the game and makes it look clunky. The UI on the game is perfectly fine on the original settings (and currently) I had - it's the match engine which has gone squiffy since the update. It would appear it goes blurry after it exceeds 2000px width

I'm still running Catalonia, so I will try updating the OS after work to see if that makes a difference. Im not sure how to find System Profile?

• Administrators

Command button + spacebar on your keyboard and type it in. 

I'm trying to help. Reading your messages back it sounds like you're arguing against my suggestions rather than saying you've tried them and what the result of them is.

So, please do the following:

• Double check your screen mode (full screen | windowed) along with zoom as I've suggested and do this twice before quitting to ensure its confirmed
    • The zoom and resolution settings matter because it will indicate whether your system is upscaling FM or not. 

• Please do that, and tell us what zoom level & resolution settings you have tried, including what works best for you.
  • This helps me to give you further feedback and investigate and may help others who are having the same problem. 

Thanks.

I'm not arguing at all, I'm trying to give you a full picture of whats happened since the update and what is and isn't helping. I don't know what you mean by zoom settings? Was it it the screenshot I sent before?

If so I've tried all those zoom settings and resolutions from 1600 x 900 up to 2560 x 1440.  Twice for each setting, quitting the game both times. Each time the match engine is blurry. Pre the updated my settings was zoomed at 100% with the resolution 2560x1440 and it was all fine

Is there any more I can do my end? Im still having the issue (OS has been upgraded too). 

Here is my system profile, if it's the right thing

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac20,

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 12 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 8 GB

System Firmware Version: 1554.60.15.0.0 (iBridge: 18.16.13030.0.0,0)

Activation Lock Status: Enabled

Graphics:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5300

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Total): 4 GB

Vendor: AMD (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7340

Revision ID: 0x0047

ROM Revision: 113-D3220I-231

VBIOS Version: 113-D322A1XL-011

Option ROM Version: 113-D322A1XL-011

EFI Driver Version: 01.01.231

Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

Displays:

iMac:

Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD

Resolution: 5120x2880 Retina

Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Colour (ARGB2101010)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes

Connection Type: Internal

Yeah my match engine has gone all blurry too. Resolution 2560x1440, Zoomed in usually at 125% but tried others (100%,110%) and no change, cleared cache etc. Graphics are all on medium for frame rate but gone onto high and no change either.

Edit- Problem solved. Render quality seems to be the changer. Increased that to very high but put others down to medium and seems to be far better.

Edited by ImDaWeasel

• Administrators

Mac and Windows use different rendering systems. 

For those of you with the issue, if you can try adjusting anti aliasing level and let us know if that helps or not, and what the differences for you are when changing rendering quality. 

Still blurry when I set the anti alias to high

One thing I have noticed - I have changed the resolution of my Mac to its lowest scaled, with the resolution in game set to 1600 x 900 and zoom set to 50% then the match engine is ok. Any other setting on any zoom level it's blurry

Edited by ThinkCreateSee
Typo

Lucas, any progress on this issue? I experience the same problem when playing on my iMac, it does not matter what kind of level or combination I set my graphic preferences on, the quality is bad. It's either lagging, with stuttering player movements, or all blurry where it is impossible to read the numbers on the players shirts.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue on Windows.

I fixed it months ago by installing the driver for my ultrawidescreen monitor which was labeled as a PnP Monitor before.

However, after a new Windows installation, I reinstalled Football Manager and the driver of the monitor but it didn't solve the problem this time.

• 2 months later...

I just purchased the game. Started playing on my iMac and have the exact same problem. The UI and graphics look really clear until the 3D game engine starts then the players and pitch are all blurry. 

It's been 4 months, is there a solution.

Typical stock responses from Si and assuming users are dumb. Surely these issues would be seen at Si HQ and the suggestions didn't work ?? It's time for the moderators to treat users with more respect and not give patronising responses, straight from a script. Whilst I appreciate there are some FM players who are totally clueless or don't read the forums but those are in the minority. In my experience EVERY anomaly I've experienced with FM was due to a fault with the game itself and never with how it was set up by myself. Naturally, these guys will attempt to defend their product to the hilt but clearly, more in-house testing needs to be done before and during the life of every edition of FM, especially after updates. An example that is STILL plaguing some users is a stuttering match engine, even at moderate graphics settings. It was eventually fixed in FM19 and FM20 but is still evident for too many in FM21.